|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Elizabeth Mott killed?
2. What is the explanation Scarpetta suggests for the blood in the back seat of Elizabeth's car?
3. Why does Abby Turnbull compare her relationship with Clifford Ring to the relationship of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington?
4. How does Scarpetta know Anna Zenner?
5. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
Essay Topic 1
All of the evidence gathered in the search of Steven Spurrier's was considered circumstantial. In fact, there was no conclusive evidence that ever linked Spurrier directly to The Couple Murders. Do you agree or disagree with Scarpetta, Wesley and others that Spurrier was the serial killer? What information from the book would you point to to support your conclusion. Be specific.
Essay Topic 2
The issue of control is another dominant theme in this story. Select one of the following characters and describe how the issue of control played as both a positive and a negative influence in the character's decisions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities and differences between Pat Harvey and Kay Scarpetta in terms of their careers, the choices in their personal lives, and their style of dealing with others. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,361 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)