Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
2. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
3. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
4. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
5. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
Essay Topic 1
Hilda Ozimek, the psychic, played a key role in this story. The following two part question addresses the nature of this character in the development of the story's plot. Be sure to support your answer using examples from the story.
a) How is Ozimek's character useful in moving the story forward?
b) Could the author have used another device or character with equal effectiveness?
Essay Topic 2
At one point, Scarpetta tells Marino she believes it's not the selection of the victims that's most important to the killer, it's the selection of the place. What does Scarpetta mean by that statement? Do you think her supposition is correct or not? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Toward the end of the book, Benton Wesley discusses what he thinks are the psycho-sexual urges that motivated Steven Spurrier to kill. Explain how the contents as well as the condition of Spurrier's home supports or undermines Wesley's conclusions about Spurrier. Be specific.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)