Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
2. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
3. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
4. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
5. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
Essay Topic 1
Another theme that plays throughout the book is that of betrayal and the havoc it wreaks on different individuals. Select two of the following characters and explain how betrayal impacted their lives and shaped their decisions:
Essay Topic 2
The issue of control is another dominant theme in this story. Select one of the following characters and describe how the issue of control played as both a positive and a negative influence in the character's decisions.
Essay Topic 3
Manipulating public sentiment is another element in this story, illustrated by Pat Harvey's use of the press. But this can be a move that has serious consequences. What are the dangers of denouncing government agencies publicly? Was Pat Harvey right to go to the press with her accusations? If you were an ordinary citizen, would you have believed Harvey's conspiracy theories? Be sure to fully explain your answer.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)