|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Dealer's Room?
2. Who killed Steven Spurrier?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta meet Abby Turnbull for dinner at a Williamsburg restaurant?
4. What does Scarpetta notice lying by a chair in a photo of Jill Harrington's apartment?
5. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All of the evidence gathered in the search of Steven Spurrier's was considered circumstantial. In fact, there was no conclusive evidence that ever linked Spurrier directly to The Couple Murders. Do you agree or disagree with Scarpetta, Wesley and others that Spurrier was the serial killer? What information from the book would you point to to support your conclusion. Be specific.
Essay Topic 2
Toward the end of the book, Benton Wesley discusses what he thinks are the psycho-sexual urges that motivated Steven Spurrier to kill. Explain how the contents as well as the condition of Spurrier's home supports or undermines Wesley's conclusions about Spurrier. Be specific.
Essay Topic 3
Parent-child relationships are complex and sometimes difficult. Below are characters whose relationship with a parent is mentioned in the story. Explain the significance of the parent-child relationship, if any, to the development of the story or the character. Be sure to support your analysis with relevant examples from the book.
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)