|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at Scarpetta's home convinced Steven Spurrier is the serial killer?
2. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
3. What prescription medication was found in Jill Harrington's body?
4. Who approaches Abby Turnbull and Scarpetta in the restaurant parking lot after their dinner meeting?
5. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made years before he murdered Deborah and Fred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All of the evidence gathered in the search of Steven Spurrier's was considered circumstantial. In fact, there was no conclusive evidence that ever linked Spurrier directly to The Couple Murders. Do you agree or disagree with Scarpetta, Wesley and others that Spurrier was the serial killer? What information from the book would you point to to support your conclusion. Be specific.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the differences and similarities between Pat Harvey and Abby Turnbull. How do these characteristics contribute to the success of each woman? The ultimate demise of each woman? Be sure to offer specific examples from the book to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Hilda Ozimek, the psychic, played a key role in this story. The following two part question addresses the nature of this character in the development of the story's plot. Be sure to support your answer using examples from the story.
a) How is Ozimek's character useful in moving the story forward?
b) Could the author have used another device or character with equal effectiveness?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)