Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
2. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
3. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
4. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
5. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plot significance of Pat Harvey's job as "drug czar." Be sure to touch on the FBI, the Justice Department, the CIA, the questionable charities, the investigation of The Couple Killings.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of trust runs through the book. Select two relationships below and describe how the element of trust influenced the nature of the relationship and the decisions of the individuals within that relationship.
1) Abby Turnbull and Kay Scarpetta
2) Kay Scarpetta and Benton Wesley
3) Abby Turnbull and Clifford Ring
4) Kay Scarpetta and Mark James
5) Kay Scarpetta and Pat Harvey
Essay Topic 3
Select one of the following and answer the questions:
1 ) Compare and contrast how much information is revealed about the killer, Steven Spurrier, and how much is revealed about Pat Harvey. Based on the information you present, indicate how realistic it is that Spurrier is the serial killer and in turn is killed by Pat Harvey? Be sure to use concrete examples from the novel to support your answer.
2) Compare and contrast how the authorities in the book handled these serial killings.
How would you describe the actions of the authorities?
What do you think they did right? What would you criticize?
Overall, are you sympathetic or critical of the actions on the part of the various policing and governmental authorities? Why? Be specific.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)