Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
2. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
3. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
4. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
5. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
Essay Topic 1
Select one of the following and answer the questions:
1 ) Compare and contrast how much information is revealed about the killer, Steven Spurrier, and how much is revealed about Pat Harvey. Based on the information you present, indicate how realistic it is that Spurrier is the serial killer and in turn is killed by Pat Harvey? Be sure to use concrete examples from the novel to support your answer.
2) Compare and contrast how the authorities in the book handled these serial killings.
How would you describe the actions of the authorities?
What do you think they did right? What would you criticize?
Overall, are you sympathetic or critical of the actions on the part of the various policing and governmental authorities? Why? Be specific.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how each of the following incidental characters moved the plot along. Use examples from the book to support your answers.
Dammit the dog
Essay Topic 3
Manipulating public sentiment is another element in this story, illustrated by Pat Harvey's use of the press. But this can be a move that has serious consequences. What are the dangers of denouncing government agencies publicly? Was Pat Harvey right to go to the press with her accusations? If you were an ordinary citizen, would you have believed Harvey's conspiracy theories? Be sure to fully explain your answer.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)