|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
2. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
3. Who approaches Abby Turnbull and Scarpetta in the restaurant parking lot after their dinner meeting?
4. What is similar in the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott to the murders of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta meet Abby Turnbull for dinner at a Williamsburg restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
2. What are some psychological factors Wesley shares with Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 16 about the serial killer in the Couple Killings?
3. What were some of the reasons Scarpetta does not believe it was a rogue CIA agent or a professional hit man that killed Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
4. Describe Mr. Joyce and his relationship to Dammit.
5. After the meeting with Mr. Joyce, what does Scarpetta reason about the killer that leads her to the next step in her investigation?
6. What does the use of the Hydra-Shok bullet suggest to Scarpetta about the killer and the investigation?
7. Why does Abby find it hard to believe the murders of Harrington and Mott are connected to the Couple Killings?
8. What's the sequence of events that Marino thinks led to the murders of Spurrier and Abby Turnbull?
9. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
10. Describe Scarpetta's reactions to seeing Mark James.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All of the evidence gathered in the search of Steven Spurrier's was considered circumstantial. In fact, there was no conclusive evidence that ever linked Spurrier directly to The Couple Murders. Do you agree or disagree with Scarpetta, Wesley and others that Spurrier was the serial killer? What information from the book would you point to to support your conclusion. Be specific.
Essay Topic 2
Sometimes a person's greatest strength can also be their downfall. With each of the following characters, describe what you believe was the person's strength and how that same attribute contributed to his or her demise.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the differences and similarities between Pat Harvey and Abby Turnbull. How do these characteristics contribute to the success of each woman? The ultimate demise of each woman? Be sure to offer specific examples from the book to support your response.
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)