|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
(a) Takes pictures of the cars.
(b) Vacuums the cars after committing the murders.
(c) Empties the gas tank after committing the murders.
(d) Smokes in the cars after committing the murders.
2. Who is Dammit?
(a) A search and rescue dog.
(b) Scarpetta's pet cat.
(c) A stray cat.
(d) A dog.
3. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
(a) New Yorker Magazine.
(b) Newsweek Magazine.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) New York Times Magazine.
4. What was found in the back seat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) An ace of spades.
(b) A great deal of blood.
(c) A jack of hearts.
(d) A piece of rope.
5. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made years before he murdered Deborah and Fred?
(a) Shot a dog.
(b) Strangled a bird.
(c) Knifed a cat.
(d) Shot and knifed a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police search Scarpetta's house after Steven Spurrier is killed?
2. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
3. Where is the last place Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington were seen together?
4. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
5. What does Scarpetta suspect is of greatest importance to the serial killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta send Abby Turnbull to check out Barry Aranoff?
2. What's the connection between Scarpetta and Anna Zenner and Jill Harrington?
3. Why aren't the results from the serology reports for Spurrier and the blood found in Elizabeth Mott's car considered conclusive?
4. What's the sequence of events that Marino thinks led to the murders of Spurrier and Abby Turnbull?
5. Why did Camp Peary come under suspicion soon after the Couple Killings started?
6. What's the significance of Jill Harrington not having any bills for a newspaper subscription?
7. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
8. What do Scarpetta and Marino discover in Chapter 14 about the cemetery where the bodies of Mott and Harrington were found?
9. How does Mr. Joyce describe the car that he saw on his road a few days before a teen couple disappeared?
10. Why does Abby find it hard to believe the murders of Harrington and Mott are connected to the Couple Killings?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)