|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the last place Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington were seen together?
(a) A Super 8 Motel.
(b) The Smoke Shop on the Green.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) The Anchor Bar and Grill.
2. Who is Anna Zenner?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A parent of one of the teen victims.
(c) A psychic.
(d) A weapons specialist.
3. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
(b) Former patient.
(c) Former medical student.
(d) Former lover.
4. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
(a) A man unhappy about losing a lover.
(b) A loner who has violent, sexualized fantasies.
(c) A man who enjoys socializing.
(d) A man afraid of animals.
5. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
(a) Takes pictures of the cars.
(b) Empties the gas tank after committing the murders.
(c) Vacuums the cars after committing the murders.
(d) Smokes in the cars after committing the murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby Turnbull notice on the car driven by the stranger who approached them in the restaurant parking lot after dinner?
2. Scarpetta suspects the killer is familiar with which popular sport?
3. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
4. Where is Elizabeth Mott's abandoned car found?
5. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
2. After the meeting with Mr. Joyce, what does Scarpetta reason about the killer that leads her to the next step in her investigation?
3. Why did Camp Peary come under suspicion soon after the Couple Killings started?
4. How does Mr. Joyce describe the car that he saw on his road a few days before a teen couple disappeared?
5. Describe Scarpetta's reactions to seeing Mark James.
6. What is the result of the meeting between Detective Montana, Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 13?
7. Describe what the authorities find in Spurrier's bookcases and living room in Chapter 17.
8. What are some psychological factors Wesley shares with Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 16 about the serial killer in the Couple Killings?
9. In Chapter 16, what do Scarpetta and Marino learn about Steven Spurrier, the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby in the Williamsburg Restaurant?
10. What does the use of the Hydra-Shok bullet suggest to Scarpetta about the killer and the investigation?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)