|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
(a) Newsweek Magazine.
(b) New Yorker Magazine.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) New York Times Magazine.
2. Why does Abby Turnbull compare her relationship with Clifford Ring to the relationship of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington?
(a) Both couples had to sneak around.
(b) Both couples enjoyed doing crossword puzzles.
(c) Both couples met at work.
(d) Both couples enjoyed jogging.
3. What does Scarpetta suspect is of greatest importance to the serial killer?
(a) The identity of the victims.
(b) The clothing victims are wearing.
(c) Where the victims live.
(d) The location of the killings.
4. Who else is killed at Steven Spurrier's home?
(a) Mark James.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Abby Turnbull.
(d) Clifford Ring.
5. What was the relationship between Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott?
(c) Former roommates.
(d) Partners in the same law firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
2. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
3. Why are Scarpetta and Marino interested in a possible gym bag?
4. What is "The Farm"?
5. How was Jill Harrington murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the use of the Hydra-Shok bullet suggest to Scarpetta about the killer and the investigation?
2. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
3. Why doesn't Marino think Abby talked with anyone at the Post about the Couple Killings?
4. Describe what the authorities find in Spurrier's bookcases and living room in Chapter 17.
5. What's the sequence of events that Marino thinks led to the murders of Spurrier and Abby Turnbull?
6. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
7. Why does Scarpetta send Abby Turnbull to check out Barry Aranoff?
8. In Chapter 16, what do Scarpetta and Marino learn about Steven Spurrier, the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby in the Williamsburg Restaurant?
9. What were some of the reasons Scarpetta does not believe it was a rogue CIA agent or a professional hit man that killed Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
10. Why does Abby find it hard to believe the murders of Harrington and Mott are connected to the Couple Killings?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)