|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mark James live?
(a) It's not clear where he lives.
(b) Quantico, Virginia.
(c) Denver, Colorado.
(d) Washington, DC.
2. Why does Scarpetta want to speak with Anna Zenner?
(a) Zenner has information about the bullet.
(b) Zenner had information on the killer.
(c) Zenner worked with Jill Harrington.
(d) Zenner received a visit from the FBI.
3. Why are Scarpetta and Marino interested in a possible gym bag?
(a) It might contain additional stolen property.
(b) Thousands of dollars will be found in the bag.
(c) It might contain evidence of the serial killings.
(d) Several false passports will be in the bag.
4. Where is the last place Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington were seen together?
(a) The Smoke Shop on the Green.
(b) A Super 8 Motel.
(c) The Anchor Bar and Grill.
(d) A convenience store.
5. Who is the owner of The Dealer's Room?
(a) Sylvia Barnes.
(b) Muhammed Ali.
(c) Steven Spurrier.
(d) Mark James.
Short Answer Questions
1. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
2. What happened to Henna?
3. What is the other name for "The Farm"?
4. What does Dammit have in common with Bonnie Smyth and Jim Freeman?
5. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about Abby Turnbull and Clifford Ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Marino think Abby talked with anyone at the Post about the Couple Killings?
2. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
3. What's the significance of Jill Harrington not having any bills for a newspaper subscription?
4. What does the use of the Hydra-Shok bullet suggest to Scarpetta about the killer and the investigation?
5. In Chapter 16, what do Scarpetta and Marino learn about Steven Spurrier, the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby in the Williamsburg Restaurant?
6. Why does Scarpetta send Abby Turnbull to check out Barry Aranoff?
7. What are some psychological factors Wesley shares with Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 16 about the serial killer in the Couple Killings?
8. Why is it significant that Aranoff is not the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby that evening at the restaurant?
9. Explain the importance of Spurrier's aplastic anemia.
10. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)