|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
(a) Steven Spurrier's girlfriend who lived in the same apartment complex.
(b) Steven Spurrier's brother in Texas.
(c) The store clerk at the Seven-Eleven where Deborah and Fred stopped.
(d) Steven Spurrier's mother who lived close-by.
2. Who shows up at Scarpetta's home convinced Steven Spurrier is the serial killer?
(a) Benton Wesley.
(b) Mark James.
(c) Bruce Cheney.
(d) Pat Harvey.
3. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
(a) Empties the gas tank after committing the murders.
(b) Vacuums the cars after committing the murders.
(c) Takes pictures of the cars.
(d) Smokes in the cars after committing the murders.
4. Why do the police search Scarpetta's house after Steven Spurrier is killed?
(a) They are looking for Mark James's belongings.
(b) They are looking for Abby Turnbull's belongings.
(c) They are looking for Lucy's belongings.
(d) They are looking for listening devices.
5. Scarpetta suspects the killer is familiar with which popular sport?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
2. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
3. What does Marino learn from the owner of the 1990 Lincoln Mark Seven?
4. Who is Detective Montana?
5. What does Abby Turnbull notice on the car driven by the stranger who approached them in the restaurant parking lot after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Scarpetta and Marino discover in Chapter 14 about the cemetery where the bodies of Mott and Harrington were found?
2. What's the significance of Jill Harrington not having any bills for a newspaper subscription?
3. Describe Scarpetta's reactions to seeing Mark James.
4. Describe what the authorities find in Spurrier's bookcases and living room in Chapter 17.
5. What does the use of the Hydra-Shok bullet suggest to Scarpetta about the killer and the investigation?
6. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
7. What are some psychological factors Wesley shares with Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 16 about the serial killer in the Couple Killings?
8. After the meeting with Mr. Joyce, what does Scarpetta reason about the killer that leads her to the next step in her investigation?
9. What's the connection between Scarpetta and Anna Zenner and Jill Harrington?
10. Why does Scarpetta send Abby Turnbull to check out Barry Aranoff?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)