|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mark James live?
(a) Denver, Colorado.
(b) It's not clear where he lives.
(c) Quantico, Virginia.
(d) Washington, DC.
2. How was Jill Harrington murdered?
(a) She was shot and stabbed.
(b) She was strangled.
(c) She was stabbed 11 times.
(d) She was strangled and shot.
3. What prescription medication was found in Jill Harrington's body?
4. What does Marino learn from the owner of the 1990 Lincoln Mark Seven?
(a) The car was at an airport, not in a restaurant parking lot.
(b) The car was a rental from a local company.
(c) The car had been sold several years ago.
(d) The car was at a local garage that night, not in a restaurant parking lot.
5. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
(a) New Yorker Magazine.
(b) New York Times Magazine.
(c) Newsweek Magazine.
(d) Time Magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarpetta notice lying by a chair in a photo of Jill Harrington's apartment?
2. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
3. Where is the last place Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington were seen together?
4. Who shows up at Scarpetta's home convinced Steven Spurrier is the serial killer?
5. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about Abby Turnbull and Clifford Ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the use of the Hydra-Shok bullet suggest to Scarpetta about the killer and the investigation?
2. Explain the importance of Spurrier's aplastic anemia.
3. After the meeting with Mr. Joyce, what does Scarpetta reason about the killer that leads her to the next step in her investigation?
4. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
5. What do Scarpetta and Marino discover in Chapter 14 about the cemetery where the bodies of Mott and Harrington were found?
6. Why doesn't Marino think Abby talked with anyone at the Post about the Couple Killings?
7. In Chapter 16, what do Scarpetta and Marino learn about Steven Spurrier, the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby in the Williamsburg Restaurant?
8. What were some of the reasons Scarpetta does not believe it was a rogue CIA agent or a professional hit man that killed Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
9. Why does Abby find it hard to believe the murders of Harrington and Mott are connected to the Couple Killings?
10. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)