|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
(a) A dark car slowly moving without headlights.
(b) A car speeding down the road.
(c) A man and a woman walking towards the woods.
(d) A dog trotting out of the woods.
2. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta meet Abby Turnbull for dinner at a Williamsburg restaurant?
(a) To discuss Scarpetta's niece.
(b) To discuss the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott.
(c) To discuss Abby Turnbull's sister.
(d) To discuss Abby Turnbull's book.
3. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made years before he murdered Deborah and Fred?
(a) Shot and knifed a horse.
(b) Knifed a cat.
(c) Shot a dog.
(d) Strangled a bird.
4. What activity did Harrington and Mott like to do together, for instance on Sunday mornings?
(a) Crossword puzzles.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Go to brunch.
(d) Visit the zoo.
5. What does Scarpetta suspect is of greatest importance to the serial killer?
(a) The location of the killings.
(b) Where the victims live.
(c) The identity of the victims.
(d) The clothing victims are wearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is killed at Steven Spurrier's home?
2. What is the explanation Scarpetta suggests for the blood in the back seat of Elizabeth's car?
3. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
4. Where is Elizabeth Mott's abandoned car found?
5. What was found in cemetery where the bodies of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington are discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Joyce describe the car that he saw on his road a few days before a teen couple disappeared?
2. Why doesn't Marino think Abby talked with anyone at the Post about the Couple Killings?
3. Describe what the authorities find in Spurrier's bookcases and living room in Chapter 17.
4. Why does Scarpetta send Abby Turnbull to check out Barry Aranoff?
5. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
6. Why did Camp Peary come under suspicion soon after the Couple Killings started?
7. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
8. What were some of the reasons Scarpetta does not believe it was a rogue CIA agent or a professional hit man that killed Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
9. What's the sequence of events that Marino thinks led to the murders of Spurrier and Abby Turnbull?
10. In Chapter 16, what do Scarpetta and Marino learn about Steven Spurrier, the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby in the Williamsburg Restaurant?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)