|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marino and Scarpetta think about the cemetery location?
(a) The killer's car was running out of gas.
(b) The killer was sending a message.
(c) The killer knew the bodies would be found quickly.
(d) The location was a mistake.
2. How was Elizabeth Mott killed?
(a) She was shot in the neck and stabbed in the chest.
(b) Her throat was cut.
(c) She was shot in the back.
(d) She was strangled.
3. Who approaches Abby Turnbull and Scarpetta in the restaurant parking lot after their dinner meeting?
(a) A young woman in a dark car.
(b) A young man in a dark car.
(c) Two young men in a dark car.
(d) A young couple in a dark car.
4. Who is the owner of The Dealer's Room?
(a) Mark James.
(b) Muhammed Ali.
(c) Sylvia Barnes.
(d) Steven Spurrier.
5. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta to do after dinner when they are approached in the restaurant parking lot by a stranger?
(a) Follow the stranger's car.
(b) Call the FBI about the stranger's car.
(c) Get the license plate number of stranger's car.
(d) Call the police about the stranger's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta meet Abby Turnbull for dinner at a Williamsburg restaurant?
2. What does Scarpetta notice lying by a chair in a photo of Jill Harrington's apartment?
3. How was Jill Harrington murdered?
4. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
5. Why do the police search Scarpetta's house after Steven Spurrier is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Aranoff is not the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby that evening at the restaurant?
2. Describe Mr. Joyce and his relationship to Dammit.
3. Why does Abby find it hard to believe the murders of Harrington and Mott are connected to the Couple Killings?
4. What do Scarpetta and Marino discover in Chapter 14 about the cemetery where the bodies of Mott and Harrington were found?
5. How does Mr. Joyce describe the car that he saw on his road a few days before a teen couple disappeared?
6. Explain the importance of Spurrier's aplastic anemia.
7. What are some psychological factors Wesley shares with Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 16 about the serial killer in the Couple Killings?
8. Describe what the authorities find in Spurrier's bookcases and living room in Chapter 17.
9. What's the sequence of events that Marino thinks led to the murders of Spurrier and Abby Turnbull?
10. What were some of the reasons Scarpetta does not believe it was a rogue CIA agent or a professional hit man that killed Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)