|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Elizabeth Mott's abandoned car found?
(a) A church parking lot.
(b) An apartment building parking lot.
(c) A rest area parking lot.
(d) A motel parking lot.
2. Why is Mr. Joyce interviewed by Marino and Scarpetta?
(a) He has important information about Dammit.
(b) He knows the identity of the serial killer.
(c) Mr. Joyce may be the serial killer.
(d) He has important information about Quantico.
3. Why are Scarpetta and Marino interested in a possible gym bag?
(a) It might contain additional stolen property.
(b) Several false passports will be in the bag.
(c) It might contain evidence of the serial killings.
(d) Thousands of dollars will be found in the bag.
4. Why is Steven Spurrier arrested?
(a) He is caught burglarizing The Dealer's Room.
(b) He tries to enter the country without a passport.
(c) He is caught accepting stolen property.
(d) He tries to steal license plates.
5. What does Pat Harvey learn about her husband from an article in the Washington Post?
(a) He is a former CIA agent.
(b) He was drunk in a bar the night Deborah disappeared.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He has always resented Pat's political aspirations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
2. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
3. Who is Detective Montana?
4. What was found in cemetery where the bodies of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington are discovered?
5. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's the sequence of events that Marino thinks led to the murders of Spurrier and Abby Turnbull?
2. What's the connection between Scarpetta and Anna Zenner and Jill Harrington?
3. Describe what the authorities find in Spurrier's bookcases and living room in Chapter 17.
4. What's the significance of Jill Harrington not having any bills for a newspaper subscription?
5. What does the use of the Hydra-Shok bullet suggest to Scarpetta about the killer and the investigation?
6. Why doesn't Marino think Abby talked with anyone at the Post about the Couple Killings?
7. Describe Mr. Joyce and his relationship to Dammit.
8. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
9. Explain the importance of Spurrier's aplastic anemia.
10. How does Mr. Joyce describe the car that he saw on his road a few days before a teen couple disappeared?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)