|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
(a) Former medical student.
(b) Former lover.
(c) Former patient.
2. What do Scarpetta and Marino learn about The Dealer's Room in Chapter 16?
(a) It was closed for about five months seven years earlier.
(b) A regular poker game takes place there every Friday night.
(c) It's a favorite hang-out for members of the military.
(d) It was once raided by the local police.
3. Who approaches Abby Turnbull and Scarpetta in the restaurant parking lot after their dinner meeting?
(a) Two young men in a dark car.
(b) A young man in a dark car.
(c) A young couple in a dark car.
(d) A young woman in a dark car.
4. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
(a) Defensive cuts are on her forearms and hands.
(b) Defensive cuts are on her feet and legs.
(c) She has a broken finger.
(d) A rock-like object is imbedded in one of her palms.
5. How does Scarpetta know Anna Zenner?
(a) Scarpetta worked with Anna on special cases.
(b) Scarpetta saw Anna professionally.
(c) From an old newspaper article.
(d) She had worked with another parent in Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Benton Wesley tell Scarpetta that Spurrier purchased through a catalog?
2. Scarpetta suspects the killer is familiar with which popular sport?
3. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta to do after dinner when they are approached in the restaurant parking lot by a stranger?
4. What does Pat Harvey learn about her husband from an article in the Washington Post?
5. Who rescues Scarpetta when she gets lost looking for Wesley's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Camp Peary come under suspicion soon after the Couple Killings started?
2. Describe Mr. Joyce and his relationship to Dammit.
3. What were some of the reasons Scarpetta does not believe it was a rogue CIA agent or a professional hit man that killed Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta decide to call Abby Turnbull about the murders of Jill Harington and Elizabeth Mott?
5. Why does Abby find it hard to believe the murders of Harrington and Mott are connected to the Couple Killings?
6. Explain the importance of Spurrier's aplastic anemia.
7. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
8. What's the significance of Jill Harrington not having any bills for a newspaper subscription?
9. What are some psychological factors Wesley shares with Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 16 about the serial killer in the Couple Killings?
10. Describe what the authorities find in Spurrier's bookcases and living room in Chapter 17.
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)