|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is located at Quantico, Virginia?
(a) A Marine Corps base and a Green Beret training facility.
(b) A Marine Corps base and the FBI Academy.
(c) The FBI Academy and CIA Headquarters.
(d) A Marine Corps base and CIA Headquarters.
2. Where does Mark James live?
(a) Quantico, Virginia.
(b) It's not clear where he lives.
(c) Denver, Colorado.
(d) Washington, DC.
3. Who rescues Scarpetta when she gets lost looking for Wesley's house?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Mark James.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Benton Wesley.
4. Who killed Steven Spurrier?
(a) Abby Turnbull.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Bruce Cheney.
(d) Mark James.
5. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
(a) Abby Turnbull.
(b) Scarpetta's mother.
(c) Mark James.
(d) Pete Marino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about the license plate number she gave him to check?
2. Who is Mr. Joyce?
3. After Scarpetta alerts the FBI of what she saw in The Dealer's Room, how does the FBI respond?
4. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
5. Where is the last place Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington were seen together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the reasons Scarpetta does not believe it was a rogue CIA agent or a professional hit man that killed Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
2. Explain the importance of Spurrier's aplastic anemia.
3. After the meeting with Mr. Joyce, what does Scarpetta reason about the killer that leads her to the next step in her investigation?
4. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
5. Why did Camp Peary come under suspicion soon after the Couple Killings started?
6. Why is it significant that Aranoff is not the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby that evening at the restaurant?
7. What do Scarpetta and Marino discover in Chapter 14 about the cemetery where the bodies of Mott and Harrington were found?
8. Why aren't the results from the serology reports for Spurrier and the blood found in Elizabeth Mott's car considered conclusive?
9. What's the sequence of events that Marino thinks led to the murders of Spurrier and Abby Turnbull?
10. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)