|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
(a) A car speeding down the road.
(b) A dark car slowly moving without headlights.
(c) A dog trotting out of the woods.
(d) A man and a woman walking towards the woods.
2. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
(a) A man afraid of animals.
(b) A man unhappy about losing a lover.
(c) A man who enjoys socializing.
(d) A loner who has violent, sexualized fantasies.
3. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
(a) She has a broken finger.
(b) A rock-like object is imbedded in one of her palms.
(c) Defensive cuts are on her feet and legs.
(d) Defensive cuts are on her forearms and hands.
4. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
(a) Raping Deborah Harvey.
(b) Dismembering Deborah Harvey.
(c) Shooting Deborah Harvey.
(d) Decapitating Deborah Harvey.
5. Who approaches Abby Turnbull and Scarpetta in the restaurant parking lot after their dinner meeting?
(a) A young man in a dark car.
(b) A young couple in a dark car.
(c) Two young men in a dark car.
(d) A young woman in a dark car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Dealer's Room?
2. Why do the police search Scarpetta's house after Steven Spurrier is killed?
3. How was Jill Harrington murdered?
4. What is "The Farm"?
5. What do Scarpetta and Marino learn about The Dealer's Room in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some psychological factors Wesley shares with Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 16 about the serial killer in the Couple Killings?
2. Why does Scarpetta send Abby Turnbull to check out Barry Aranoff?
3. Explain the importance of Spurrier's aplastic anemia.
4. Why does Abby find it hard to believe the murders of Harrington and Mott are connected to the Couple Killings?
5. Why doesn't Marino think Abby talked with anyone at the Post about the Couple Killings?
6. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta decide to call Abby Turnbull about the murders of Jill Harington and Elizabeth Mott?
7. Why did Camp Peary come under suspicion soon after the Couple Killings started?
8. After the meeting with Mr. Joyce, what does Scarpetta reason about the killer that leads her to the next step in her investigation?
9. Describe Mr. Joyce and his relationship to Dammit.
10. Why aren't the results from the serology reports for Spurrier and the blood found in Elizabeth Mott's car considered conclusive?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)