|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Benton Wesley tell Scarpetta that Spurrier purchased through a catalog?
(a) A box of bullets.
(b) A pair of night-vision goggles.
(c) A gym bag.
(d) A serrated army knife.
2. What prescription medication was found in Jill Harrington's body?
3. What does Abby Turnbull discover about the owner of the car with the license plate number Marino traced?
(a) Abby once did an interview of the car owner.
(b) He has a prior criminal record in another state.
(c) He looks like the man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
(d) He is not the same man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
4. Where are the bodies of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott found?
(a) In a motel room.
(b) In Jill Harrington's apartment.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In a rest stop bathroom.
5. Why are Scarpetta and Marino interested in a possible gym bag?
(a) It might contain additional stolen property.
(b) Thousands of dollars will be found in the bag.
(c) Several false passports will be in the bag.
(d) It might contain evidence of the serial killings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dammit?
2. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
3. After Steven Spurrier is arrested, what do the police find searching his home?
4. Who is Mr. Joyce?
5. What activity has the CIA been banned from carrying-out since the Ford Administration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Scarpetta and Marino discover in Chapter 14 about the cemetery where the bodies of Mott and Harrington were found?
2. Why did Camp Peary come under suspicion soon after the Couple Killings started?
3. After the meeting with Mr. Joyce, what does Scarpetta reason about the killer that leads her to the next step in her investigation?
4. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
5. Why is it significant that Aranoff is not the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby that evening at the restaurant?
6. Why aren't the results from the serology reports for Spurrier and the blood found in Elizabeth Mott's car considered conclusive?
7. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta decide to call Abby Turnbull about the murders of Jill Harington and Elizabeth Mott?
8. What's the sequence of events that Marino thinks led to the murders of Spurrier and Abby Turnbull?
9. What is the result of the meeting between Detective Montana, Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 13?
10. What does the use of the Hydra-Shok bullet suggest to Scarpetta about the killer and the investigation?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)