|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) The blood is a match with Steven Spurrier.
(b) The blood is not a match with Steven Spurrier.
(c) The DNA tests are inconclusive.
(d) The DNA tests reveal another suspect.
2. Where did Jill Harrington go almost every week her third year in law school?
(a) Quantico, Virginia.
(b) Richmond, Virginia.
(c) Annandale, Virginia.
(d) Washington, DC.
3. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
(a) Steven Spurrier's brother in Texas.
(b) Steven Spurrier's girlfriend who lived in the same apartment complex.
(c) Steven Spurrier's mother who lived close-by.
(d) The store clerk at the Seven-Eleven where Deborah and Fred stopped.
4. Who is the owner of The Dealer's Room?
(a) Sylvia Barnes.
(b) Muhammed Ali.
(c) Mark James.
(d) Steven Spurrier.
5. Why do the police search Scarpetta's house after Steven Spurrier is killed?
(a) They are looking for listening devices.
(b) They are looking for Lucy's belongings.
(c) They are looking for Mark James's belongings.
(d) They are looking for Abby Turnbull's belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarpetta suspect is of greatest importance to the serial killer?
2. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
3. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
4. What is the other name for "The Farm"?
5. After Steven Spurrier is arrested, what do the police find searching his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abby find it hard to believe the murders of Harrington and Mott are connected to the Couple Killings?
2. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta decide to call Abby Turnbull about the murders of Jill Harington and Elizabeth Mott?
3. Describe Mr. Joyce and his relationship to Dammit.
4. What are some psychological factors Wesley shares with Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 16 about the serial killer in the Couple Killings?
5. What is the result of the meeting between Detective Montana, Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 13?
6. What's the connection between Scarpetta and Anna Zenner and Jill Harrington?
7. Explain the importance of Spurrier's aplastic anemia.
8. Why did Camp Peary come under suspicion soon after the Couple Killings started?
9. Describe what the authorities find in Spurrier's bookcases and living room in Chapter 17.
10. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)