|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
(a) Dismembering Deborah Harvey.
(b) Shooting Deborah Harvey.
(c) Raping Deborah Harvey.
(d) Decapitating Deborah Harvey.
2. What activity has the CIA been banned from carrying-out since the Ford Administration?
(a) Gun smuggling.
(d) Drug smuggling.
3. What is located at Quantico, Virginia?
(a) The FBI Academy and CIA Headquarters.
(b) A Marine Corps base and a Green Beret training facility.
(c) A Marine Corps base and CIA Headquarters.
(d) A Marine Corps base and the FBI Academy.
4. Why is Mr. Joyce interviewed by Marino and Scarpetta?
(a) He has important information about Quantico.
(b) Mr. Joyce may be the serial killer.
(c) He knows the identity of the serial killer.
(d) He has important information about Dammit.
5. What does Scarpetta notice lying by a chair in a photo of Jill Harrington's apartment?
(a) A high school yearbook.
(b) A Scrabble game.
(c) The New York Times Magazine.
(d) 100 Best Crossword Puzzles for 1982.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mark James live?
2. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
3. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta to do after dinner when they are approached in the restaurant parking lot by a stranger?
4. What happened to Henna?
5. Who is the owner of The Dealer's Room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's the connection between Scarpetta and Anna Zenner and Jill Harrington?
2. Describe what the authorities find in Spurrier's bookcases and living room in Chapter 17.
3. After the meeting with Mr. Joyce, what does Scarpetta reason about the killer that leads her to the next step in her investigation?
4. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
5. How does Mr. Joyce describe the car that he saw on his road a few days before a teen couple disappeared?
6. What's the significance of Jill Harrington not having any bills for a newspaper subscription?
7. Why is it significant that Aranoff is not the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby that evening at the restaurant?
8. Explain the importance of Spurrier's aplastic anemia.
9. Why aren't the results from the serology reports for Spurrier and the blood found in Elizabeth Mott's car considered conclusive?
10. Why doesn't Marino think Abby talked with anyone at the Post about the Couple Killings?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)