|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
(a) A loner who has violent, sexualized fantasies.
(b) A man who enjoys socializing.
(c) A man unhappy about losing a lover.
(d) A man afraid of animals.
2. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
(a) Manuel Ramirez.
(b) Jose Chavez.
(c) Ricardo Montelban.
(d) Manuel Noriega.
3. Who is Anna Zenner?
(a) A parent of one of the teen victims.
(b) A psychic.
(c) A weapons specialist.
(d) A psychiatrist.
4. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
(a) The store clerk at the Seven-Eleven where Deborah and Fred stopped.
(b) Steven Spurrier's brother in Texas.
(c) Steven Spurrier's mother who lived close-by.
(d) Steven Spurrier's girlfriend who lived in the same apartment complex.
5. What is the explanation Scarpetta suggests for the blood in the back seat of Elizabeth's car?
(a) The killer accidently cut himself.
(b) The blood has nothing to do with the killer.
(c) The killer had a nosebleed
(d) There was someone else in the backseat with the killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Scarpetta when she gets lost looking for Wesley's house?
2. What does Abby Turnbull discover about the owner of the car with the license plate number Marino traced?
3. What do Marino and Scarpetta think about the cemetery location?
4. What prescription medication was found in Jill Harrington's body?
5. What does Marino learn from the owner of the 1990 Lincoln Mark Seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some psychological factors Wesley shares with Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 16 about the serial killer in the Couple Killings?
2. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
3. Why is it significant that Aranoff is not the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby that evening at the restaurant?
4. What do Scarpetta and Marino discover in Chapter 14 about the cemetery where the bodies of Mott and Harrington were found?
5. Describe Mr. Joyce and his relationship to Dammit.
6. Why did Camp Peary come under suspicion soon after the Couple Killings started?
7. What's the sequence of events that Marino thinks led to the murders of Spurrier and Abby Turnbull?
8. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
9. Explain the importance of Spurrier's aplastic anemia.
10. After the meeting with Mr. Joyce, what does Scarpetta reason about the killer that leads her to the next step in her investigation?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)