|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place do Scarpetta and Marino visit after returning from South Carolina?
(a) The location where bodies of Deborah and Fred were found.
(b) The forensic lab at the Smithsonian.
(c) The office of the chief of military intelligence at the Pentagon.
(d) The DNA lab at FBI headquarters.
2. What key piece of evidence does Scarpetta learn was found at the murder site?
(a) An ace of spades was found in Deborah's purse.
(b) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's pants pocket.
(c) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's purse.
(d) A jack of hearts was found near Fred Cheney.
3. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Go with him to Colorado.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Hire a bodyguard.
4. What is the name of Scarpetta's sometime lover?
5. What were the names of the two teenagers reported missing?
(a) Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(b) Pat Harvey and Bob Harvey.
(c) Pat Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(d) Deborah Harvey and Pete Marino.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
2. What caused the intense reaction by one of the search and rescue dogs at the crime scene?
3. What charity organization does Pat Harvey suspect is front for drug trafficking?
4. What object belonging to Deborah was handled by the person that gave her directions to the rest stop?
5. Why does Scarpetta take the bones of Fred and Deborah to Washington, DC?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the significance of the jack of hearts.
2. Why was Pat Harvey professionally interested in the Couple Killings long before her daughter was murdered?
3. Describe Linda, the firearms expert who works with Scarpetta.
4. What prompts Pat Harvey to call in a psychic, Hilda Ozimek?
5. How does Ozimek explain what she does?
6. Discuss why Scarpetta and Marino feel in Chapter 3 as if they've been "handled" by Benton Wesley.
7. What is the problem with the cartridge casing Scarpetta finds at the Cheney-Harvey murder scene?
8. Why does Scarpetta feel betrayed by Abby Turnbull in Chapter 4?
9. In Chapter 2, why does Pat Harvey question Scarpetta about the murder of the other couples?
10. What does Marino think the killer did to get Fred to go into the woods without resistance?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)