|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
(a) The killer's calling card.
(b) The cause of death.
(c) The involvement of drug gangs.
(d) The identity of the serial killer.
2. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
(a) Have a baby.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Hire a bodyguard.
(d) Go with him to Colorado.
3. Who does Scarpetta call after returning home from Washington, DC?
(a) Mark James.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Benton Wesley.
(d) Pete Marino.
4. Where in the Washington, DC area does Dr. Alex Vessey work?
(a) At the Pentagon.
(b) At the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History.
(c) At the Maryland Medical Examiner's Office.
(d) At Walter Reed Hospital.
5. In all of the unsolved teen murders, Scarpetta has not been able to do what?
(a) Determine the cause of death.
(b) Speak to parents.
(c) Perform an autopsy.
(d) Identify the victims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
2. Who is writing a book about the murdered couples?
3. What did Hilda Ozimek predict almost to the day that the FBI ignored?
4. What object does Scarpetta learn was left in the abandoned cars of the other murdered teen couples?
5. What object belonging to Deborah was handled by the person that gave her directions to the rest stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with the cartridge casing Scarpetta finds at the Cheney-Harvey murder scene?
2. Why does Scarpetta dread having lunch with Pat Harvey?
3. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
4. In Chapter 16, what do Scarpetta and Marino learn about Steven Spurrier, the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby in the Williamsburg Restaurant?
5. Explain the significance of the jack of hearts.
6. Why does Scarpetta send Abby Turnbull to check out Barry Aranoff?
7. As Chapter 1 opens, what is Scarpetta's perspective on working with other police agencies involved in VICAP?
8. Why is it significant that Aranoff is not the man that approached Scarpetta and Abby that evening at the restaurant?
9. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
10. Describe how Pat Harvey might be feeling when she first arrives at the rest stop where her daughter's abandoned Jeep has been found.
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)