|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls in the psychic, Hilda Ozimek, on the missing teens' investigation?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Kay Scarpetta.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
2. Who is sitting with Pat Harvey at the press conference?
(a) The president.
(c) Pat Harvey's husband.
(d) Bruce Cheney.
3. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
(a) Bodies are always found in an abandoned boat.
(b) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded boat.
(c) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded car.
(d) Bodies are always found in an abandoned car.
4. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Fred Cheney, what does Hilda immediately know?
(a) Fred is dead.
(b) Fred had a fight with Pat Harvey.
(c) Fred was in Las Vegas.
(d) Fred and Deborah had a fight.
5. What is the occupation of Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
(a) Newspaper reporter.
(b) CIA agent.
(c) FBI undercover agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jay Morrell confess to Marino?
2. Scarpetta also learns one of the missing teens had what kind of medical procedure?
3. In all of the unsolved teen murders, Scarpetta has not been able to do what?
4. Where does Scarpetta run into Pat Harvey?
5. At lunch, Scarpetta is asked if she believes what about the missing teens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta dread having lunch with Pat Harvey?
2. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
3. How does Ozimek describe her impressions of Marino's wife?
4. As Chapter 1 opens, what is Scarpetta's perspective on working with other police agencies involved in VICAP?
5. Why does Scarpetta struggle over spending time with Abby Turnbull in Chapter 3?
6. Explain the difference if a cut is found on the top of a hand or on the palms.
7. Explain the significance of the jack of hearts.
8. Describe Scarpetta's reaction to the newspaper headlines after the abandoned Jeep was found.
9. Why is a politically inspired kidnapping such a disturbing possibility?
10. How does Scarpetta's Italian background influence some of her decisions?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)