|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Scarpetta notice both Fred and Deborah were missing?
(a) Their wallets.
(b) All of their teeth.
(c) Shoes and socks.
(d) All of their clothing.
2. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Hire a bodyguard.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Go with him to Colorado.
3. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Fred Cheney, what does Hilda immediately know?
(a) Fred and Deborah had a fight.
(b) Fred had a fight with Pat Harvey.
(c) Fred is dead.
(d) Fred was in Las Vegas.
4. What is the name of Scarpetta's sometime lover?
5. What is confirmed to Scarpetta at the luncheon meeting at the Globe and Laurel?
(a) The spent cartridge case was planted.
(b) A scrap of material was found in the Jeep.
(c) A knife was found at the murder site.
(d) There was no gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pete Marino think about Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
2. In what war did American soldiers leave an object similar to the one found in the abandoned cars of the murdered teen couples?
3. What do Scarpetta and Marino take with them on a field investigation?
4. What does Pat Harvey want Scarpetta to give her?
5. Why do Scarpetta and Marino fly to South Carolina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Linda, the firearms expert who works with Scarpetta.
2. What does Marino think the killer did to get Fred to go into the woods without resistance?
3. Give an example of Scarpetta's scientific approach examining the bodies of Harvey and Cheney in the woods.
4. Why is Scarpetta concerned about the bodies of Cheney and Harvey being moved?
5. How does Ozimek explain what she does?
6. Explain Wesley's reasons for not keeping Scarpetta informed.
7. Why does Scarpetta wish to avoid answering Pat's question about the search-and-rescue dog in Chapter 2?
8. Explain the significance of the jack of hearts.
9. How does Pat Harvey exert her influence to get a copy of the autopsy report of her daughter?
10. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)