|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Fred Cheney, what does Hilda immediately know?
(a) Fred was in Las Vegas.
(b) Fred and Deborah had a fight.
(c) Fred is dead.
(d) Fred had a fight with Pat Harvey.
2. What town in South Carolina are Scarpetta and Marino looking for?
(a) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(b) Six Mile, South Carolina.
(c) West Bend, South Carolina.
(d) West Point, South Carolina.
3. Who directed Deborah and Fred to the rest area where their car was later found?
(a) Fred's mother.
(b) Deborah's mother.
(c) A convenience store clerk.
(d) A gas station attendant.
4. What holiday weekend is being observed when the story opens?
(a) Thanksgiving weekend.
(b) Memorial Day weekend.
(c) Fourth of July weekend.
(d) Labor Day weekend.
5. In all of the unsolved teen murders, Scarpetta has not been able to do what?
(a) Speak to parents.
(b) Perform an autopsy.
(c) Identify the victims.
(d) Determine the cause of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 2 opens, Kay Scarpetta is invited to lunch by whom?
2. What does Pat Harvey threaten to do if Scarpetta doesn't give her what she asked for?
3. What is the name of the father of one of the missing teens?
4. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
5. At a press conference, what does Pat Harvey divulge regarding her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abby find out about the Seven-Eleven and what does it show?
2. What prompts Pat Harvey to call in a psychic, Hilda Ozimek?
3. Why does Scarpetta feel betrayed by Abby Turnbull in Chapter 4?
4. Describe Scarpetta's reaction to the newspaper headlines after the abandoned Jeep was found.
5. How does Scarpetta's Italian background influence some of her decisions?
6. In Chapter 2, why does Pat Harvey question Scarpetta about the murder of the other couples?
7. What information is Scarpetta after when she meets Wesley for lunch in Chapter 9?
8. Why does Scarpetta wish to avoid answering Pat's question about the search-and-rescue dog in Chapter 2?
9. What is the significance of Pat Harvey's political connections on the investigation of her daughter's disappearance?
10. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)