|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Scarpetta speaks to her lover on the phone?
(a) They plan a vacation together.
(b) They decide to get married.
(c) They have a fight.
(d) They both hear a gunshot.
2. Who directed Deborah and Fred to the rest area where their car was later found?
(a) Deborah's mother.
(b) A gas station attendant.
(c) A convenience store clerk.
(d) Fred's mother.
3. How did the mother of one of the missing teens describe her teenager?
(a) Very private.
(b) Very undisciplined.
(c) Very lazy.
(d) Very messy.
4. What does Pete Marino think about Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
(a) He thinks she's working for the CIA.
(b) He thinks she's an FBI informant.
(c) He thinks she's an ace reporter.
(d) He doesn't like or trust her.
5. What do Scarpetta and Turnbull believe Camp Peary might be?
(a) Training ground for the Green Berets.
(b) Training ground for CIA agents.
(c) Training ground for the Marines.
(d) Training ground for the Virginia National Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Scarpetta say about the skulls of Deborah and Fred?
2. Why do Scarpetta and Marino fly to South Carolina?
3. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
4. Who calls Scarpetta at home in the evening on the day Fred and Deborah's bodies were found?
5. Where does Scarpetta run into Pat Harvey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with the cartridge casing Scarpetta finds at the Cheney-Harvey murder scene?
2. In Chapter 2, why does Pat Harvey question Scarpetta about the murder of the other couples?
3. Describe Linda, the firearms expert who works with Scarpetta.
4. Explain Wesley's reasons for not keeping Scarpetta informed.
5. Discuss why Scarpetta and Marino feel in Chapter 3 as if they've been "handled" by Benton Wesley.
6. Explain the difference if a cut is found on the top of a hand or on the palms.
7. Why is a politically inspired kidnapping such a disturbing possibility?
8. How does Ozimek describe her impressions of Marino's wife?
9. What prompts Pat Harvey to call in a psychic, Hilda Ozimek?
10. What is the significance of Pat Harvey's political connections on the investigation of her daughter's disappearance?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)