|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object belonging to Deborah was handled by the person that gave her directions to the rest stop?
(a) Her hairbrush.
(b) Her student identification..
(c) Her driver's license.
(d) Her wallet.
2. Why does Scarpetta take the bones of Fred and Deborah to Washington, DC?
(a) She wanted to confer with Dr. Vessey at the Smithsonian.
(b) She wanted to have the chief forensic specialist at Walter Reed Hospital examine the remains.
(c) She wanted to take the bones to the FBI lab.
(d) She wanted to deliver the remains to the funeral home Pat Harvey had selected.
3. What does Scarpetta learn about Abby Turnbull?
(a) She's having a baby.
(b) She's teaching.
(c) She's gone to Europe.
(d) She's writing a book.
4. At lunch, what is one theory the investigators discuss about the disappearance of the teens?
(a) They were abducted by people working for a drug cartel.
(b) They were abducted by the Mafia.
(c) They went off with friends.
(d) They were placed in the witness protection program.
5. What is the name of Scarpetta's sometime lover?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta about her situation?
2. Who does Scarpetta call after returning home from Washington, DC?
3. What do Scarpetta and Turnbull believe Camp Peary might be?
4. Who is writing a book about the murdered couples?
5. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
2. What does Marino think the killer did to get Fred to go into the woods without resistance?
3. How does Ozimek describe her impressions of Marino's wife?
4. What prompts Pat Harvey to call in a psychic, Hilda Ozimek?
5. Why does Scarpetta think her personal competence as the chief medical examiner is being called into question?
6. Why is Scarpetta concerned about the bodies of Cheney and Harvey being moved?
7. How does Scarpetta's Italian background influence some of her decisions?
8. Describe Hilda Ozimek.
9. What is the significance of Pat Harvey's political connections on the investigation of her daughter's disappearance?
10. Describe the appearance of the bodies of Harvey and Cheney at the murder scene.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)