|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 2 opens, Kay Scarpetta is invited to lunch by whom?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Pete Marino.
(c) Bob Harvey.
(d) Deborah Harvey.
2. What do Scarpetta and Marino bring with them to South Carolina?
(a) Photos of the the serial killer's victims.
(b) Fibers found in the abandoned cars.
(c) Hair samples from Deborah Harvey.
(d) Clothing from different victims.
3. What does Scarpetta learn about Hilda Ozimek's findings?
(a) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are dead.
(b) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are okay.
(c) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens eloped.
(d) Scarpetta learns nothing.
4. Who else heard Deborah and Fred being directed to the rest area?
(a) A woman pumping gas.
(b) An unidentified man.
(c) Fred's father.
(d) Deborah's brothers.
5. Scarpetta learns the missing teens were varsity athletes in what sports?
(a) Rugby and basketball.
(b) Gymnastic and swimming.
(c) Football and tennis.
(d) Basketball and soccer.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the autopsy, what important detail does Scarpetta discover about Deborah's spine?
2. What do Scarpetta and Marino take with them on a field investigation?
3. What object does Scarpetta learn was left in the abandoned cars of the other murdered teen couples?
4. What object belonging to Deborah was handled by the person that gave her directions to the rest stop?
5. What do toxicology reports on the teen victims reveal about drugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta dread having lunch with Pat Harvey?
2. Why is Scarpetta reluctant to say Deborah Harvey was killed by a shot in the back?
3. Why does Scarpetta struggle over spending time with Abby Turnbull in Chapter 3?
4. How does Ozimek explain what she does?
5. Describe Linda, the firearms expert who works with Scarpetta.
6. Describe the appearance of the bodies of Harvey and Cheney at the murder scene.
7. What does Pat Harvey believe about her daughter's death?
8. As Chapter 1 opens, what is Scarpetta's perspective on working with other police agencies involved in VICAP?
9. What is the problem with the cartridge casing Scarpetta finds at the Cheney-Harvey murder scene?
10. What information is Scarpetta after when she meets Wesley for lunch in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)