|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one theory as to who might have killed Deborah and Fred?
(a) Deborah's former boyfriend.
(b) Fred's former girlfriend.
(c) A hit man working for a drug cartel.
(d) Pat Harvey.
2. As Chapter 2 opens, Kay Scarpetta is invited to lunch by whom?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Bob Harvey.
(d) Deborah Harvey.
3. Who is Hilda Ozimek referring to when she uses the phrase, "defender, someone who does battle"?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(c) Jack of hearts.
(d) Pete Marino.
4. Who gave Pat Harvey the tip about the possible drug activities of certain charities?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Her daughter, Deborah.
(c) The CIA.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
5. Where were the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney found?
(a) In a swamp.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a boat.
(d) In a cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
2. What do toxicology reports on the teen victims reveal about drugs?
3. What famous Virginia location is close to the Globe and Laurel?
4. What personal item of one of the missing teens was found at the crime scene?
5. Who does Scarpetta meet at the Globe and Laurel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Pat Harvey might be feeling when she first arrives at the rest stop where her daughter's abandoned Jeep has been found.
2. How does Scarpetta's Italian background influence some of her decisions?
3. Explain Wesley's reasons for not keeping Scarpetta informed.
4. What does Pat Harvey believe about her daughter's death?
5. What prompts Pat Harvey to call in a psychic, Hilda Ozimek?
6. Describe Hilda Ozimek.
7. Describe Scarpetta's reaction to the newspaper headlines after the abandoned Jeep was found.
8. What's stressful for Scarpetta in dealing with parents?
9. How does Abby find out about the Seven-Eleven and what does it show?
10. In what condition does Scarpetta find Abby Turnbull when she goes to her apartment?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)