Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place do Scarpetta and Marino visit after returning from South Carolina?
(a) The DNA lab at FBI headquarters.
(b) The location where bodies of Deborah and Fred were found.
(c) The forensic lab at the Smithsonian.
(d) The office of the chief of military intelligence at the Pentagon.
2. Where were the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney found?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a swamp.
(d) In a boat.
3. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) Cigarette butts with filter paper peeled away.
(b) A disposable lighter.
(c) A cheap, plastic cigarette holder.
(d) A ball point pen.
4. What does Pat Harvey want Scarpetta to give her?
(a) Deborah's autopsy report.
(b) Photos of locations where other victims were found.
(c) A police photo of the location where Deborah's body was found.
(d) Autopsy reports on the other teen victims.
5. During the autopsy, what important detail does Scarpetta discover about Deborah's spine?
(a) Three vertebrae were fused.
(b) A small nail lodged in her spine.
(c) A serious deformity.
(d) A bullet was lodged in the vertebrae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Scarpetta at home in the evening on the day Fred and Deborah's bodies were found?
2. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
3. Who else does Scarpetta visit in Washington, DC after seeing Dr. Vessey?
4. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta about her situation?
5. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta dread having lunch with Pat Harvey?
2. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
3. How does Mr. Joyce describe the car that he saw on his road a few days before a teen couple disappeared?
4. What is the problem with the cartridge casing Scarpetta finds at the Cheney-Harvey murder scene?
5. Why did Camp Peary come under suspicion soon after the Couple Killings started?
6. In Chapter 2, why does Pat Harvey question Scarpetta about the murder of the other couples?
7. What prompts Pat Harvey to call in a psychic, Hilda Ozimek?
8. Explain Wesley's reasons for not keeping Scarpetta informed.
9. What are some psychological factors Wesley shares with Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 16 about the serial killer in the Couple Killings?
10. How does Ozimek describe her impressions of Marino's wife?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)