|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous Virginia location is close to the Globe and Laurel?
(a) Quantico, Virginia
(b) Vienna, Virginia
(c) Williamsburg, Virginia
(d) Richmond, Virginia
2. Why does Marino think Deborah and Fred walked slowly into the woods?
(a) They were barefoot.
(b) They had hoods over their heads.
(c) They were shackled at the ankles.
(d) They were bound side-by-side.
3. Who found the bodies of Deborah and Fred?
(a) Search and rescue dogs.
(b) A cemetery caretaker.
4. How did the mother of one of the missing teens describe her teenager?
(a) Very private.
(b) Very messy.
(c) Very undisciplined.
(d) Very lazy.
5. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) A ball point pen.
(b) Cigarette butts with filter paper peeled away.
(c) A cheap, plastic cigarette holder.
(d) A disposable lighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did American soldiers leave an object similar to the one found in the abandoned cars of the murdered teen couples?
2. When Scarpetta is paged, what does she learn?
3. Who does Pat Harvey suspect is behind the murder of her daughter?
4. What paper does Abby work for?
5. As the story opens, where is the crime scene investigation taking place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Camp Peary come under suspicion soon after the Couple Killings started?
2. How does Ozimek describe her impressions of Marino's wife?
3. How does Pat Harvey exert her influence to get a copy of the autopsy report of her daughter?
4. As Chapter 1 opens, what is Scarpetta's perspective on working with other police agencies involved in VICAP?
5. What is the problem with the cartridge casing Scarpetta finds at the Cheney-Harvey murder scene?
6. Give an example of Scarpetta's scientific approach examining the bodies of Harvey and Cheney in the woods.
7. Describe Mr. Joyce and his relationship to Dammit.
8. Why does Scarpetta dread having lunch with Pat Harvey?
9. What's stressful for Scarpetta in dealing with parents?
10. What were some of the reasons Scarpetta does not believe it was a rogue CIA agent or a professional hit man that killed Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)