|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hilda Ozimek referring to when she uses the phrase, "defender, someone who does battle"?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Jack of hearts.
(c) Pat Harvey.
2. Where were the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney found?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In a swamp.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In a boat.
3. What is one theory for the reason the couples were murdered in the series of unsolved cases?
(a) The couples were inexperienced hikers.
(b) The couples were recreational drug users.
(c) The couples were expecting a baby.
(d) The couples were inexperienced boaters.
4. What is one theory as to who might have killed Deborah and Fred?
(a) Deborah's former boyfriend.
(b) Fred's former girlfriend.
(c) A hit man working for a drug cartel.
(d) Pat Harvey.
5. What accusation does Pat Harvey level against the US Justice Department?
(a) The Justice Department kidnapped her daughter.
(b) The Justice Department bungled the murder investigation.
(c) The Justice Department killed her daugher.
(d) Involvement in a conspiracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting with Pat Harvey at the press conference?
2. What does Pat Harvey want Scarpetta to give her?
3. Why were police called to the crime scene?
4. Who does Scarpetta call after returning home from Washington, DC?
5. Who calls in the psychic, Hilda Ozimek, on the missing teens' investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta wish to avoid answering Pat's question about the search-and-rescue dog in Chapter 2?
2. What is the significance of Pat Harvey's political connections on the investigation of her daughter's disappearance?
3. Why doesn't Marino think Abby talked with anyone at the Post about the Couple Killings?
4. Explain the difference if a cut is found on the top of a hand or on the palms.
5. Describe Scarpetta's reaction to the newspaper headlines after the abandoned Jeep was found.
6. Describe Mr. Joyce and his relationship to Dammit.
7. Why is a politically inspired kidnapping such a disturbing possibility?
8. What does Scarpetta learn about Deborah Harvey's father from an article in the Washington Post?
9. Why does Abby find it hard to believe the murders of Harrington and Mott are connected to the Couple Killings?
10. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)