|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hilda tell Scarpetta she can see around people?
2. What was found at the crime scene, alerting investigators the teens had made a stop?
(a) A receipt from a motel.
(b) A convenience store receipt.
(c) Ticket stubs from a movie theater.
(d) A restaurant receipt.
3. Why does Marino think Deborah and Fred walked slowly into the woods?
(a) They were bound side-by-side.
(b) They had hoods over their heads.
(c) They were barefoot.
(d) They were shackled at the ankles.
4. What caused the intense reaction by one of the search and rescue dogs at the crime scene?
(a) Reaction to a skunk.
(b) Reaction to a strong scent of human pheromones.
(c) The dog was getting sick.
(d) Reaction to the handler's behavior.
5. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
(a) The publisher of the Washington Post.
(b) The psychic, Hilda Ozimek.
(c) The CIA director.
(d) Her friend, Abby Turnbull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which missing teen's mother is dead?
2. Who are the two investigators Scarpetta lunches with to discuss the missing teens case?
3. Who is sitting with Pat Harvey at the press conference?
4. What did Scarpetta notice both Fred and Deborah were missing?
5. What famous Virginia location is close to the Globe and Laurel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abby find out about the Seven-Eleven and what does it show?
2. Describe Scarpetta's reaction to the newspaper headlines after the abandoned Jeep was found.
3. What is the significance of Pat Harvey's political connections on the investigation of her daughter's disappearance?
4. What prompts Pat Harvey to call in a psychic, Hilda Ozimek?
5. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
6. Why does Scarpetta dread having lunch with Pat Harvey?
7. In Chapter 2, why does Pat Harvey question Scarpetta about the murder of the other couples?
8. Why is Scarpetta reluctant to say Deborah Harvey was killed by a shot in the back?
9. Give an example of Scarpetta's scientific approach examining the bodies of Harvey and Cheney in the woods.
10. How does Scarpetta's Italian background influence some of her decisions?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)