|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat Harvey want Scarpetta to give her?
(a) Autopsy reports on the other teen victims.
(b) Deborah's autopsy report.
(c) Photos of locations where other victims were found.
(d) A police photo of the location where Deborah's body was found.
2. Why does Scarpetta take the bones of Fred and Deborah to Washington, DC?
(a) She wanted to have the chief forensic specialist at Walter Reed Hospital examine the remains.
(b) She wanted to deliver the remains to the funeral home Pat Harvey had selected.
(c) She wanted to take the bones to the FBI lab.
(d) She wanted to confer with Dr. Vessey at the Smithsonian.
3. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
(a) Bruce Cheney.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Hilda Ozimek.
4. What place do Scarpetta and Marino visit after returning from South Carolina?
(a) The forensic lab at the Smithsonian.
(b) The location where bodies of Deborah and Fred were found.
(c) The DNA lab at FBI headquarters.
(d) The office of the chief of military intelligence at the Pentagon.
5. What do Marino and Scarpetta find where Deborah was shot?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) A spent cartridge casing.
(c) A gun.
(d) An article of her clothing with a bullet hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is confirmed to Scarpetta at the luncheon meeting at the Globe and Laurel?
2. What happened to Abby Turnbull's sister?
3. What did Scarpetta notice both Fred and Deborah were missing?
4. What is the name of Scarpetta's sometime lover?
5. Who does Scarpetta call after returning home from Washington, DC?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta dread having lunch with Pat Harvey?
2. Why is Scarpetta reluctant to say Deborah Harvey was killed by a shot in the back?
3. Describe the appearance of the bodies of Harvey and Cheney at the murder scene.
4. How does Ozimek describe her impressions of Marino's wife?
5. What does Marino think the killer did to get Fred to go into the woods without resistance?
6. What is the problem with the cartridge casing Scarpetta finds at the Cheney-Harvey murder scene?
7. In Chapter 2, why does Pat Harvey question Scarpetta about the murder of the other couples?
8. How does Scarpetta's Italian background influence some of her decisions?
9. Explain the difference if a cut is found on the top of a hand or on the palms.
10. Describe Linda, the firearms expert who works with Scarpetta.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)