|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Scarpetta learn was left in the abandoned cars of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) An ace of spades.
(b) A single rose.
(c) A jack of hearts.
(d) A glove.
2. What is one theory for the reason the couples were murdered in the series of unsolved cases?
(a) The couples were recreational drug users.
(b) The couples were expecting a baby.
(c) The couples were inexperienced boaters.
(d) The couples were inexperienced hikers.
3. What is Scarpetta asking Dr. Vessey to examine?
(a) A broken femur.
(b) A phalange.
(c) A small piece of wrist bone.
(d) A small piece of foreign material.
4. What paper does Abby work for?
(a) The Baltimore Sun.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The Richmond Times.
5. In Chapter 1, all the bodies in a series of unsolved murders were found within a 50-mile radius of which location?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else heard Deborah and Fred being directed to the rest area?
2. How did the mother of one of the missing teens describe her teenager?
3. What does Scarpetta learn about Hilda Ozimek's findings?
4. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Fred Cheney, what does Hilda immediately know?
5. What place do Scarpetta and Marino visit after returning from South Carolina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the significance of the jack of hearts.
2. Why does Scarpetta feel betrayed by Abby Turnbull in Chapter 4?
3. Why was Pat Harvey professionally interested in the Couple Killings long before her daughter was murdered?
4. Why is a politically inspired kidnapping such a disturbing possibility?
5. Describe Linda, the firearms expert who works with Scarpetta.
6. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
7. Why does Scarpetta dread having lunch with Pat Harvey?
8. Why is Scarpetta concerned about the bodies of Cheney and Harvey being moved?
9. Why is Scarpetta reluctant to say Deborah Harvey was killed by a shot in the back?
10. Describe the appearance of the bodies of Harvey and Cheney at the murder scene.
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)