|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what war did American soldiers leave an object similar to the one found in the abandoned cars of the murdered teen couples?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The First Gulf War.
(c) World War II
(d) The Korean War
2. Who else does Scarpetta visit in Washington, DC after seeing Dr. Vessey?
(a) Abby Turnbull.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Benton Wesley.
(d) Pete Marino.
3. According to Scarpetta, why did Wesley move the bodies of Deborah and Fred in violation of procedure?
(a) Wesley was looking for a weapon.
(b) Wesley was looking for the jack of hearts.
(c) Wesley was looking for signs of rape.
(d) Wesley was looking for cigarette butts.
4. What is the occupation of Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
(a) Newspaper reporter.
(b) FBI undercover agent.
(c) CIA agent.
5. Who is the main character introduced first in this chapter?
(a) Bob Harvey.
(b) Deborah Harvey.
(c) Kay Scarpetta.
(d) Pete Marino.
Short Answer Questions
1. At lunch, what is one theory the investigators discuss about the disappearance of the teens?
2. What town in South Carolina are Scarpetta and Marino looking for?
3. In Chapter 1, all the bodies in a series of unsolved murders were found within a 50-mile radius of which location?
4. As Chapter 2 opens, Kay Scarpetta is invited to lunch by whom?
5. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Linda, the firearms expert who works with Scarpetta.
2. How does Pat Harvey exert her influence to get a copy of the autopsy report of her daughter?
3. How does Ozimek describe her impressions of Marino's wife?
4. How does Ozimek describe a mysterious man she "sees" in the pictures of the woods where Harvey and Cheney were murdered?
5. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
6. Why is Scarpetta concerned about the bodies of Cheney and Harvey being moved?
7. In Chapter 2, why does Pat Harvey question Scarpetta about the murder of the other couples?
8. Describe the appearance of the bodies of Harvey and Cheney at the murder scene.
9. Discuss why Scarpetta and Marino feel in Chapter 3 as if they've been "handled" by Benton Wesley.
10. What does Pat Harvey believe about her daughter's death?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)