|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
(a) She doesn't have enough money for gas.
(b) She doesn't know Scarpetta and Marino were coming.
(c) Her car is in for repairs.
(d) She doesn't drive anymore.
2. What do Scarpetta and Marino bring with them to South Carolina?
(a) Fibers found in the abandoned cars.
(b) Hair samples from Deborah Harvey.
(c) Photos of the the serial killer's victims.
(d) Clothing from different victims.
3. What is the special name the media has for a series of unsolved murders?
(a) The Couple Killings.
(b) The Teen Mystery Murders.
(c) The Romance Murders.
(d) The Mystery Slayings.
4. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
(a) Go with him to Colorado.
(b) Hire a bodyguard.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Write a book.
5. What does Jay Morrell confess to Marino?
(a) He planted clothing with a bullet hole that Scarpetta found.
(b) He planted a gun that Scarpetta found.
(c) He planted a dead dog that Scarpetta found.
(d) He planted the cartridge casing Scarpetta found.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town in South Carolina are Scarpetta and Marino looking for?
2. What happened to Abby Turnbull's sister?
3. What did Hilda Ozimek predict almost to the day that the FBI ignored?
4. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
5. Who else does Scarpetta visit in Washington, DC after seeing Dr. Vessey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abby find out about the Seven-Eleven and what does it show?
2. Describe how Pat Harvey might be feeling when she first arrives at the rest stop where her daughter's abandoned Jeep has been found.
3. What is the significance of Pat Harvey's political connections on the investigation of her daughter's disappearance?
4. Why does Scarpetta struggle over spending time with Abby Turnbull in Chapter 3?
5. Why is Scarpetta reluctant to say Deborah Harvey was killed by a shot in the back?
6. Why does Scarpetta dread having lunch with Pat Harvey?
7. How does Scarpetta's Italian background influence some of her decisions?
8. In Chapter 2, why does Pat Harvey question Scarpetta about the murder of the other couples?
9. Why is Scarpetta concerned about the bodies of Cheney and Harvey being moved?
10. How does Ozimek describe a mysterious man she "sees" in the pictures of the woods where Harvey and Cheney were murdered?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)