|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town in South Carolina are Scarpetta and Marino looking for?
(a) West Bend, South Carolina.
(b) West Point, South Carolina.
(c) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(d) Six Mile, South Carolina.
2. Why does Scarpetta take the bones of Fred and Deborah to Washington, DC?
(a) She wanted to confer with Dr. Vessey at the Smithsonian.
(b) She wanted to have the chief forensic specialist at Walter Reed Hospital examine the remains.
(c) She wanted to deliver the remains to the funeral home Pat Harvey had selected.
(d) She wanted to take the bones to the FBI lab.
3. During the autopsy, what important detail does Scarpetta discover about Deborah's spine?
(a) A serious deformity.
(b) A small nail lodged in her spine.
(c) A bullet was lodged in the vertebrae.
(d) Three vertebrae were fused.
4. Which missing teen's mother is dead?
(a) Bob Harvey.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Fred Cheney.
5. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
(a) The involvement of drug gangs.
(b) The identity of the serial killer.
(c) The cause of death.
(d) The killer's calling card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personal item of one of the missing teens was found at the crime scene?
2. What did Scarpetta say about the skulls of Deborah and Fred?
3. Scarpetta also learns one of the missing teens had what kind of medical procedure?
4. Where does Scarpetta run into Pat Harvey?
5. How does Hilda describe the individual that she "sees" with Fred and Deborah when they disappeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abby find it hard to believe the murders of Harrington and Mott are connected to the Couple Killings?
2. What are some psychological factors Wesley shares with Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 16 about the serial killer in the Couple Killings?
3. What does the use of the Hydra-Shok bullet suggest to Scarpetta about the killer and the investigation?
4. After the meeting with Mr. Joyce, what does Scarpetta reason about the killer that leads her to the next step in her investigation?
5. Why aren't the results from the serology reports for Spurrier and the blood found in Elizabeth Mott's car considered conclusive?
6. Describe the appearance of the bodies of Harvey and Cheney at the murder scene.
7. Describe Hilda Ozimek.
8. Why does Scarpetta think her personal competence as the chief medical examiner is being called into question?
9. Discuss why Scarpetta and Marino feel in Chapter 3 as if they've been "handled" by Benton Wesley.
10. How does Pat Harvey exert her influence to get a copy of the autopsy report of her daughter?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)