|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pete Marino think about Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
(a) He thinks she's an FBI informant.
(b) He thinks she's working for the CIA.
(c) He doesn't like or trust her.
(d) He thinks she's an ace reporter.
2. At a press conference, what does Pat Harvey divulge regarding her family?
(a) Deborah and Fred were actually married.
(b) Deborah was pregnant.
(c) Deborah was adopted.
(d) Her family had been threatened.
3. Where in the Washington, DC area does Dr. Alex Vessey work?
(a) At the Maryland Medical Examiner's Office.
(b) At Walter Reed Hospital.
(c) At the Pentagon.
(d) At the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History.
4. What is covering the area where Marino and Scarpetta believe Deborah was shot?
(d) Poison ivy.
5. What place do Scarpetta and Marino visit after returning from South Carolina?
(a) The forensic lab at the Smithsonian.
(b) The office of the chief of military intelligence at the Pentagon.
(c) The location where bodies of Deborah and Fred were found.
(d) The DNA lab at FBI headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Scarpetta speaks to her lover on the phone?
2. What does Hilda report she "saw" when she was taken to Deborah's abandoned Jeep?
3. Who is writing a book about the murdered couples?
4. Why were police called to the crime scene?
5. Who does Scarpetta meet at the Globe and Laurel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Wesley's reasons for not keeping Scarpetta informed.
2. Why is a politically inspired kidnapping such a disturbing possibility?
3. What is the problem with the cartridge casing Scarpetta finds at the Cheney-Harvey murder scene?
4. Explain the difference if a cut is found on the top of a hand or on the palms.
5. As Chapter 1 opens, what is Scarpetta's perspective on working with other police agencies involved in VICAP?
6. How does Scarpetta's Italian background influence some of her decisions?
7. What is the significance of Pat Harvey's political connections on the investigation of her daughter's disappearance?
8. Why does Scarpetta wish to avoid answering Pat's question about the search-and-rescue dog in Chapter 2?
9. Why does Scarpetta think her personal competence as the chief medical examiner is being called into question?
10. How does Ozimek describe her impressions of Marino's wife?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)