|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hilda describe the individual that she "sees" with Fred and Deborah when they disappeared?
(a) A small, dark-skinned man wearing a baseball cap.
(b) A slender, dark-complected man of medium height.
(c) A tall, powerfully built man wearing a baseball cap.
(d) A slender, light-complected man of medium height.
2. Who are the two investigators Scarpetta lunches with to discuss the missing teens case?
(a) Bob Harvey and Dave Cheney.
(b) Benton Wesley and Pete Marino.
(c) Abby Turnbull and Benton Wesley.
(d) Pete Marino and Bob Harvey.
3. What happens when Scarpetta speaks to her lover on the phone?
(a) They decide to get married.
(b) They have a fight.
(c) They both hear a gunshot.
(d) They plan a vacation together.
4. What caused the intense reaction by one of the search and rescue dogs at the crime scene?
(a) Reaction to the handler's behavior.
(b) Reaction to a strong scent of human pheromones.
(c) The dog was getting sick.
(d) Reaction to a skunk.
5. Who directed Deborah and Fred to the rest area where their car was later found?
(a) Deborah's mother.
(b) Fred's mother.
(c) A convenience store clerk.
(d) A gas station attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarpetta asking Dr. Vessey to examine?
2. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
3. What is the occupation of Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
4. What happened to Abby Turnbull's sister?
5. What do Scarpetta and Turnbull believe Camp Peary might be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's stressful for Scarpetta in dealing with parents?
2. Why does Scarpetta dread having lunch with Pat Harvey?
3. Why was Pat Harvey professionally interested in the Couple Killings long before her daughter was murdered?
4. Why is Scarpetta reluctant to say Deborah Harvey was killed by a shot in the back?
5. As Chapter 1 opens, what is Scarpetta's perspective on working with other police agencies involved in VICAP?
6. Describe how Pat Harvey might be feeling when she first arrives at the rest stop where her daughter's abandoned Jeep has been found.
7. What does Pat Harvey believe about her daughter's death?
8. How does Pat Harvey exert her influence to get a copy of the autopsy report of her daughter?
9. What does Marino think the killer did to get Fred to go into the woods without resistance?
10. Discuss why Scarpetta and Marino feel in Chapter 3 as if they've been "handled" by Benton Wesley.
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)