|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pat Harvey suspect is behind the murder of her daughter?
(a) The Richmond police.
(b) The Mexican government.
(c) The FBI and other government agencies.
(d) The Panamanian government.
2. What were the names of the two teenagers reported missing?
(a) Deborah Harvey and Pete Marino.
(b) Pat Harvey and Bob Harvey.
(c) Pat Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(d) Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney.
3. Who does Scarpetta call after returning home from Washington, DC?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Benton Wesley.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Mark James.
4. Who does Scarpetta meet at the Globe and Laurel?
(a) Benton Wesley.
(b) Publisher of the Washington Post.
(c) Clifford Ring.
(d) Chief of the FBI Homicide Investigations Unit.
5. How does Hilda describe an object still at the site where Deborah and Fred were found?
(a) Something long, slender, and very dangerous.
(b) Something metal that has to do with war.
(c) An object shaped like a screwdriver.
(d) An object shaped like a small pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Scarpetta's sometime lover?
2. What is the main character's occupation?
3. What does Hilda report she "saw" when she was taken to Deborah's abandoned Jeep?
4. How did the mother of one of the missing teens describe her teenager?
5. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Linda, the firearms expert who works with Scarpetta.
2. How does Ozimek describe a mysterious man she "sees" in the pictures of the woods where Harvey and Cheney were murdered?
3. Describe Hilda Ozimek.
4. As Chapter 1 opens, what is Scarpetta's perspective on working with other police agencies involved in VICAP?
5. How does Ozimek explain what she does?
6. Why is Scarpetta concerned about the bodies of Cheney and Harvey being moved?
7. Explain the significance of the jack of hearts.
8. Why does Scarpetta think her personal competence as the chief medical examiner is being called into question?
9. How does Pat Harvey exert her influence to get a copy of the autopsy report of her daughter?
10. How does Abby find out about the Seven-Eleven and what does it show?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)