|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pat Harvey suspect is behind the murder of her daughter?
(a) The FBI and other government agencies.
(b) The Richmond police.
(c) The Panamanian government.
(d) The Mexican government.
2. What holiday weekend is being observed when the story opens?
(a) Thanksgiving weekend.
(b) Labor Day weekend.
(c) Fourth of July weekend.
(d) Memorial Day weekend.
3. What town in South Carolina are Scarpetta and Marino looking for?
(a) West Point, South Carolina.
(b) West Bend, South Carolina.
(c) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(d) Six Mile, South Carolina.
4. What does Jay Morrell confess to Marino?
(a) He planted a gun that Scarpetta found.
(b) He planted clothing with a bullet hole that Scarpetta found.
(c) He planted a dead dog that Scarpetta found.
(d) He planted the cartridge casing Scarpetta found.
5. What personal item of one of the missing teens was found at the crime scene?
(a) A blue backpack.
(b) A purple scarf.
(c) A black wallet.
(d) A red purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scarpetta and Marino bring with them to South Carolina?
2. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
3. Where in the Washington, DC area does Dr. Alex Vessey work?
4. In what war did American soldiers leave an object similar to the one found in the abandoned cars of the murdered teen couples?
5. Who calls Dr. Sessions about the murders of Deborah and Fred?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ozimek describe a mysterious man she "sees" in the pictures of the woods where Harvey and Cheney were murdered?
2. Why is Scarpetta reluctant to say Deborah Harvey was killed by a shot in the back?
3. What is the problem with the cartridge casing Scarpetta finds at the Cheney-Harvey murder scene?
4. Why was Pat Harvey professionally interested in the Couple Killings long before her daughter was murdered?
5. How does Ozimek describe her impressions of Marino's wife?
6. Explain Wesley's reasons for not keeping Scarpetta informed.
7. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
8. Why does Scarpetta struggle over spending time with Abby Turnbull in Chapter 3?
9. How does Abby find out about the Seven-Eleven and what does it show?
10. What is the significance of Pat Harvey's political connections on the investigation of her daughter's disappearance?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)