|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what war did American soldiers leave an object similar to the one found in the abandoned cars of the murdered teen couples?
(a) The Korean War
(b) The First Gulf War.
(c) World War II
(d) The Vietnam War.
2. Where does Scarpetta run into Pat Harvey?
(a) In Williamsburg, VA.
(b) In Washington, DC.
(c) In Richmond.
(d) At a holiday party.
3. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) A knife.
(b) Fred's driver's license.
(c) Deborah's purse.
(d) A small can of mace.
4. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
(a) The publisher of the Washington Post.
(b) Her friend, Abby Turnbull.
(c) The CIA director.
(d) The psychic, Hilda Ozimek.
5. What does Pat Harvey threaten to do if Scarpetta doesn't give her what she asked for?
(a) Get Scarpetta fired.
(b) Get a court order.
(c) Get Scarpetta's medical license revoked.
(d) File an official complaint with the Virginia Medical Board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character introduced first in this chapter?
2. What charity organization does Pat Harvey suspect is front for drug trafficking?
3. What key piece of evidence does Scarpetta learn was found at the murder site?
4. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
5. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the meeting with Mr. Joyce, what does Scarpetta reason about the killer that leads her to the next step in her investigation?
2. Describe Linda, the firearms expert who works with Scarpetta.
3. Why was Pat Harvey professionally interested in the Couple Killings long before her daughter was murdered?
4. Why is Scarpetta reluctant to say Deborah Harvey was killed by a shot in the back?
5. What do Scarpetta and Marino discover in Chapter 14 about the cemetery where the bodies of Mott and Harrington were found?
6. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
7. Why does Scarpetta struggle over spending time with Abby Turnbull in Chapter 3?
8. What does Marino think the killer did to get Fred to go into the woods without resistance?
9. What are some reasons Scarpetta is convinced there's a link between Dammit and the Couple Killings?
10. How does Mr. Joyce describe the car that he saw on his road a few days before a teen couple disappeared?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)