|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Scarpetta and Marino bring with them to South Carolina?
(a) Fibers found in the abandoned cars.
(b) Clothing from different victims.
(c) Hair samples from Deborah Harvey.
(d) Photos of the the serial killer's victims.
2. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Fred Cheney, what does Hilda immediately know?
(a) Fred was in Las Vegas.
(b) Fred and Deborah had a fight.
(c) Fred is dead.
(d) Fred had a fight with Pat Harvey.
3. What is the name of Scarpetta's sometime lover?
4. Who gave Pat Harvey the tip about the possible drug activities of certain charities?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The CIA.
(c) Abby Turnbull.
(d) Her daughter, Deborah.
5. Why do Scarpetta and Marino fly to South Carolina?
(a) To find out where Marino's estranged wife is living.
(b) To learn more about the CIA.
(c) To learn more about Fred Cheney's family.
(d) To learn more about the serial killer and victims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pete Marino think about Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
2. What town in South Carolina are Scarpetta and Marino looking for?
3. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Deborah, what does Hilda immediately know?
4. Which missing teen's mother is dead?
5. Who directed Deborah and Fred to the rest area where their car was later found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Linda, the firearms expert who works with Scarpetta.
2. Why does Scarpetta think her personal competence as the chief medical examiner is being called into question?
3. Describe Hilda Ozimek.
4. How does Abby find out about the Seven-Eleven and what does it show?
5. In what condition does Scarpetta find Abby Turnbull when she goes to her apartment?
6. What is the significance of Pat Harvey's political connections on the investigation of her daughter's disappearance?
7. As Chapter 1 opens, what is Scarpetta's perspective on working with other police agencies involved in VICAP?
8. Why is Scarpetta concerned about the bodies of Cheney and Harvey being moved?
9. What is the problem with the cartridge casing Scarpetta finds at the Cheney-Harvey murder scene?
10. How does Ozimek explain what she does?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)