|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarpetta asking Dr. Vessey to examine?
(a) A small piece of foreign material.
(b) A broken femur.
(c) A small piece of wrist bone.
(d) A phalange.
2. What were the names of the two teenagers reported missing?
(a) Deborah Harvey and Pete Marino.
(b) Pat Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(c) Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(d) Pat Harvey and Bob Harvey.
3. What holiday weekend is being observed when the story opens?
(a) Memorial Day weekend.
(b) Thanksgiving weekend.
(c) Fourth of July weekend.
(d) Labor Day weekend.
4. When Scarpetta is paged, what does she learn?
(a) The missing teens have been spotted in Mexico.
(b) The missing teens were found at a motel.
(c) The serial killer has been identified.
(d) Two bodies have been found.
5. At lunch, what is one theory the investigators discuss about the disappearance of the teens?
(a) They went off with friends.
(b) They were abducted by the Mafia.
(c) They were abducted by people working for a drug cartel.
(d) They were placed in the witness protection program.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did American soldiers leave an object similar to the one found in the abandoned cars of the murdered teen couples?
2. Where does Scarpetta go for exercise?
3. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
4. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta about her situation?
5. In all of the unsolved teen murders, Scarpetta has not been able to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Scarpetta and Marino feel in Chapter 3 as if they've been "handled" by Benton Wesley.
2. Describe Scarpetta's reaction to the newspaper headlines after the abandoned Jeep was found.
3. How does Ozimek describe her impressions of Marino's wife?
4. How does Ozimek explain what she does?
5. As Chapter 1 opens, what is Scarpetta's perspective on working with other police agencies involved in VICAP?
6. How does Scarpetta's Italian background influence some of her decisions?
7. In what condition does Scarpetta find Abby Turnbull when she goes to her apartment?
8. Explain Wesley's reasons for not keeping Scarpetta informed.
9. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
10. Describe how Pat Harvey might be feeling when she first arrives at the rest stop where her daughter's abandoned Jeep has been found.
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)