|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
(a) The publisher of the Washington Post.
(b) The psychic, Hilda Ozimek.
(c) The CIA director.
(d) Her friend, Abby Turnbull.
2. Who calls Dr. Sessions about the murders of Deborah and Fred?
(a) Director of the FBI.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Clifford Ring.
(d) Director of the CIA.
3. What is confirmed to Scarpetta at the luncheon meeting at the Globe and Laurel?
(a) The spent cartridge case was planted.
(b) There was no gun.
(c) A scrap of material was found in the Jeep.
(d) A knife was found at the murder site.
4. What is the occupation of Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
(a) Newspaper reporter.
(b) CIA agent.
(c) FBI undercover agent.
5. What is the special name the media has for a series of unsolved murders?
(a) The Teen Mystery Murders.
(b) The Mystery Slayings.
(c) The Couple Killings.
(d) The Romance Murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarpetta learn about Hilda Ozimek's findings?
2. What do Scarpetta and Marino take with them on a field investigation?
3. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
4. Who gave Pat Harvey the tip about the possible drug activities of certain charities?
5. What does the firearms expert tell Scarpetta about the bullet found in Deborah's spine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Wesley's reasons for not keeping Scarpetta informed.
2. As Chapter 1 opens, what is Scarpetta's perspective on working with other police agencies involved in VICAP?
3. In Chapter 2, why does Pat Harvey question Scarpetta about the murder of the other couples?
4. What is the significance of Pat Harvey's political connections on the investigation of her daughter's disappearance?
5. Describe the appearance of the bodies of Harvey and Cheney at the murder scene.
6. Why was Pat Harvey professionally interested in the Couple Killings long before her daughter was murdered?
7. Why does Scarpetta struggle over spending time with Abby Turnbull in Chapter 3?
8. Why does Scarpetta feel betrayed by Abby Turnbull in Chapter 4?
9. What's stressful for Scarpetta in dealing with parents?
10. Why is Scarpetta reluctant to say Deborah Harvey was killed by a shot in the back?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)