|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Bruce Cheney.
(c) Hilda Ozimek.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
2. What is the main character's occupation?
(a) Search and rescue team leader.
(b) Homicide detective on the Richmond police force.
(c) Investigator with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(d) Chief medical examiner for the state of Virginia.
3. Where were the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney found?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) In a boat.
(c) In a swamp.
(d) In the woods.
4. Who else does Scarpetta visit in Washington, DC after seeing Dr. Vessey?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Benton Wesley.
5. Who calls in the psychic, Hilda Ozimek, on the missing teens' investigation?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Pete Marino.
(c) Abby Turnbull.
(d) Kay Scarpetta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarpetta learn about the missing teens' relationship?
2. How did the mother of one of the missing teens describe her teenager?
3. Where in the Washington, DC area does Dr. Alex Vessey work?
4. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta about her situation?
5. Who else heard Deborah and Fred being directed to the rest area?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of the bodies of Harvey and Cheney at the murder scene.
2. Give an example of Scarpetta's scientific approach examining the bodies of Harvey and Cheney in the woods.
3. What's stressful for Scarpetta in dealing with parents?
4. As Chapter 1 opens, what is Scarpetta's perspective on working with other police agencies involved in VICAP?
5. Why is a politically inspired kidnapping such a disturbing possibility?
6. In Chapter 9, what issues does Scarpetta have with the FBI's surveillance of the woods?
7. How does Ozimek describe her impressions of Marino's wife?
8. How does Ozimek describe a mysterious man she "sees" in the pictures of the woods where Harvey and Cheney were murdered?
9. Explain the significance of the jack of hearts.
10. How does Scarpetta's Italian background influence some of her decisions?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)