Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hilda report she "saw" when she was taken to Deborah's abandoned Jeep?
(a) A knotted rope.
(b) A knife with a serrated blade.
(c) Night vision goggles.
(d) A Swiss army knife.
2. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
(a) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded car.
(b) Bodies are always found in an abandoned car.
(c) Bodies are always found in an abandoned boat.
(d) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded boat.
3. What holiday weekend is being observed when the story opens?
(a) Memorial Day weekend.
(b) Fourth of July weekend.
(c) Labor Day weekend.
(d) Thanksgiving weekend.
4. As the story opens, where is the crime scene investigation taking place?
(a) In an apartment building near the Richmond airport.
(b) At a resort in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley.
(c) A beach house on the coast of North Carolina.
(d) A rest stop off highway I-64.
5. At lunch, what is one theory the investigators discuss about the disappearance of the teens?
(a) They were abducted by the Mafia.
(b) They were abducted by people working for a drug cartel.
(c) They went off with friends.
(d) They were placed in the witness protection program.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls in the psychic, Hilda Ozimek, on the missing teens' investigation?
2. Where were the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney found?
3. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
4. What do Scarpetta and Turnbull believe Camp Peary might be?
5. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Pat Harvey's political connections on the investigation of her daughter's disappearance?
2. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta decide to call Abby Turnbull about the murders of Jill Harington and Elizabeth Mott?
3. In Chapter 2, why does Pat Harvey question Scarpetta about the murder of the other couples?
4. What prompts Pat Harvey to call in a psychic, Hilda Ozimek?
5. What is the result of the meeting between Detective Montana, Scarpetta and Marino in Chapter 13?
6. Why was Pat Harvey professionally interested in the Couple Killings long before her daughter was murdered?
7. Why is Scarpetta concerned about the bodies of Cheney and Harvey being moved?
8. What were some of the reasons Scarpetta does not believe it was a rogue CIA agent or a professional hit man that killed Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
9. Why does Scarpetta struggle over spending time with Abby Turnbull in Chapter 3?
10. How does Mr. Joyce describe the car that he saw on his road a few days before a teen couple disappeared?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)