|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
(c) Her mother.
2. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about the license plate number she gave him to check?
(a) The plates were issued to 1989 Lincoln.
(b) The plates were issued to 1990 Cadillac .
(c) The plates were issued to a 1990 Mark Seven.
(d) The plates were issued to a 1998 Mark Seven.
3. What does Abby Turnbull notice on the car driven by the stranger who approached them in the restaurant parking lot after dinner?
(a) A large scrape on the bumper.
(b) A Quantico sticker on the bumper.
(c) A Colonial Williamsburg parking sticker.
(d) The rear bumper is a different color.
4. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
(a) Shooting Deborah Harvey.
(b) Decapitating Deborah Harvey.
(c) Dismembering Deborah Harvey.
(d) Raping Deborah Harvey.
5. What is the explanation Scarpetta suggests for the blood in the back seat of Elizabeth's car?
(a) The blood has nothing to do with the killer.
(b) The killer accidently cut himself.
(c) The killer had a nosebleed
(d) There was someone else in the backseat with the killer.
6. Why is Mr. Joyce interviewed by Marino and Scarpetta?
(a) He has important information about Dammit.
(b) He knows the identity of the serial killer.
(c) Mr. Joyce may be the serial killer.
(d) He has important information about Quantico.
7. What does Scarpetta notice lying by a chair in a photo of Jill Harrington's apartment?
(a) A Scrabble game.
(b) A high school yearbook.
(c) The New York Times Magazine.
(d) 100 Best Crossword Puzzles for 1982.
8. After Scarpetta alerts the FBI of what she saw in The Dealer's Room, how does the FBI respond?
(a) They start making anonymous calls to the owner.
(b) They put the owner under surveillance.
(c) They arrest the owner for murder.
(d) They plant listening devices in the owner's home.
9. What does Scarpetta suspect is of greatest importance to the serial killer?
(a) The clothing victims are wearing.
(b) The identity of the victims.
(c) Where the victims live.
(d) The location of the killings.
10. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
(a) A man and a woman walking towards the woods.
(b) A dog trotting out of the woods.
(c) A dark car slowly moving without headlights.
(d) A car speeding down the road.
11. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta meet Abby Turnbull for dinner at a Williamsburg restaurant?
(a) To discuss the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott.
(b) To discuss Scarpetta's niece.
(c) To discuss Abby Turnbull's book.
(d) To discuss Abby Turnbull's sister.
12. What prescription medication was found in Jill Harrington's body?
13. How does Scarpetta know Anna Zenner?
(a) She had worked with another parent in Virginia.
(b) Scarpetta saw Anna professionally.
(c) From an old newspaper article.
(d) Scarpetta worked with Anna on special cases.
14. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
(a) Manuel Ramirez.
(b) Manuel Noriega.
(c) Ricardo Montelban.
(d) Jose Chavez.
15. In Chapter 10, who does Scarpetta suspect might be the serial killer?
(a) A former medical examiner.
(b) A domestic terrorist.
(c) A former aide to the President.
(d) A federal agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dammit have in common with Bonnie Smyth and Jim Freeman?
2. What was found in the back seat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
3. Who else is killed at Steven Spurrier's home?
4. What medical condition does Scarpetta learn Steven Spurrier suffered from?
5. After Steven Spurrier is arrested, what do the police find searching his home?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)