|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) The blood is not a match with Steven Spurrier.
(b) The blood is a match with Steven Spurrier.
(c) The DNA tests reveal another suspect.
(d) The DNA tests are inconclusive.
2. How was Elizabeth Mott killed?
(a) She was shot in the back.
(b) She was shot in the neck and stabbed in the chest.
(c) Her throat was cut.
(d) She was strangled.
3. What activity has the CIA been banned from carrying-out since the Ford Administration?
(a) Drug smuggling.
(b) Gun smuggling.
4. What does Abby Turnbull discover about the owner of the car with the license plate number Marino traced?
(a) He looks like the man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
(b) He has a prior criminal record in another state.
(c) He is not the same man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
(d) Abby once did an interview of the car owner.
5. Who is Mr. Joyce?
(a) The father of one of the teen victims.
(b) The owner of Dammit.
(c) The owner of a small smoke shop.
(d) An accident victim.
6. What does Marino learn from the owner of the 1990 Lincoln Mark Seven?
(a) The car was at an airport, not in a restaurant parking lot.
(b) The car was a rental from a local company.
(c) The car had been sold several years ago.
(d) The car was at a local garage that night, not in a restaurant parking lot.
7. What does Scarpetta notice lying by a chair in a photo of Jill Harrington's apartment?
(a) 100 Best Crossword Puzzles for 1982.
(b) The New York Times Magazine.
(c) A Scrabble game.
(d) A high school yearbook.
8. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
(d) Her mother.
9. Who is the owner of The Dealer's Room?
(a) Mark James.
(b) Sylvia Barnes.
(c) Muhammed Ali.
(d) Steven Spurrier.
10. Who is Anna Zenner?
(a) A parent of one of the teen victims.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A psychic.
(d) A weapons specialist.
11. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made years before he murdered Deborah and Fred?
(a) Shot and knifed a horse.
(b) Strangled a bird.
(c) Shot a dog.
(d) Knifed a cat.
12. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
(a) Jose Chavez.
(b) Ricardo Montelban.
(c) Manuel Noriega.
(d) Manuel Ramirez.
13. What does Abby Turnbull notice on the car driven by the stranger who approached them in the restaurant parking lot after dinner?
(a) A Quantico sticker on the bumper.
(b) A Colonial Williamsburg parking sticker.
(c) The rear bumper is a different color.
(d) A large scrape on the bumper.
14. Why is Steven Spurrier arrested?
(a) He is caught burglarizing The Dealer's Room.
(b) He is caught accepting stolen property.
(c) He tries to steal license plates.
(d) He tries to enter the country without a passport.
15. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
(a) Steven Spurrier's mother who lived close-by.
(b) Steven Spurrier's brother in Texas.
(c) The store clerk at the Seven-Eleven where Deborah and Fred stopped.
(d) Steven Spurrier's girlfriend who lived in the same apartment complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Detective Montana?
2. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
3. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta to do after dinner when they are approached in the restaurant parking lot by a stranger?
4. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
5. What was the relationship between Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)