|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is located at Quantico, Virginia?
(a) The FBI Academy and CIA Headquarters.
(b) A Marine Corps base and the FBI Academy.
(c) A Marine Corps base and CIA Headquarters.
(d) A Marine Corps base and a Green Beret training facility.
2. What medical condition does Scarpetta learn Steven Spurrier suffered from?
(a) Uncontrolled diabetes.
(c) A brain tumor.
(d) Aplastic anemia.
3. Who shows up at Scarpetta's home convinced Steven Spurrier is the serial killer?
(a) Bruce Cheney.
(b) Benton Wesley.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Mark James.
4. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta to do after dinner when they are approached in the restaurant parking lot by a stranger?
(a) Call the police about the stranger's car.
(b) Call the FBI about the stranger's car.
(c) Get the license plate number of stranger's car.
(d) Follow the stranger's car.
5. Where did Jill Harrington go almost every week her third year in law school?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Richmond, Virginia.
(c) Annandale, Virginia.
(d) Quantico, Virginia.
6. Why is Steven Spurrier arrested?
(a) He is caught accepting stolen property.
(b) He is caught burglarizing The Dealer's Room.
(c) He tries to steal license plates.
(d) He tries to enter the country without a passport.
7. After Scarpetta alerts the FBI of what she saw in The Dealer's Room, how does the FBI respond?
(a) They arrest the owner for murder.
(b) They plant listening devices in the owner's home.
(c) They start making anonymous calls to the owner.
(d) They put the owner under surveillance.
8. What does Pat Harvey learn about her husband from an article in the Washington Post?
(a) He has always resented Pat's political aspirations.
(b) He was drunk in a bar the night Deborah disappeared.
(c) He is a former CIA agent.
(d) He is having an affair.
9. What is similar in the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott to the murders of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) All the women were raped.
(b) A gun and knife were used in both.
(c) All the victims were blindfolded.
(d) All the victims were Catholic.
10. How was Jill Harrington murdered?
(a) She was shot and stabbed.
(b) She was strangled.
(c) She was stabbed 11 times.
(d) She was strangled and shot.
11. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
(a) Former medical student.
(b) Former lover.
(d) Former patient.
12. What is the explanation Scarpetta suggests for the blood in the back seat of Elizabeth's car?
(a) The blood has nothing to do with the killer.
(b) The killer accidently cut himself.
(c) The killer had a nosebleed
(d) There was someone else in the backseat with the killer.
13. Who is Mr. Joyce?
(a) The owner of a small smoke shop.
(b) The owner of Dammit.
(c) An accident victim.
(d) The father of one of the teen victims.
14. After Steven Spurrier is arrested, what do the police find searching his home?
(a) A library of hard-core, violent, pornographic movies.
(b) A library of documentary movies on the Vietnam War.
(c) A bedroom decorated with Disney characters.
(d) A bag containing tools used by burglars.
15. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about the license plate number she gave him to check?
(a) The plates were issued to a 1998 Mark Seven.
(b) The plates were issued to 1990 Cadillac .
(c) The plates were issued to a 1990 Mark Seven.
(d) The plates were issued to 1989 Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made years before he murdered Deborah and Fred?
2. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
3. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
4. What is "The Farm"?
5. What item does Benton Wesley tell Scarpetta that Spurrier purchased through a catalog?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)