|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
(a) A man who enjoys socializing.
(b) A loner who has violent, sexualized fantasies.
(c) A man afraid of animals.
(d) A man unhappy about losing a lover.
2. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
(a) Mark James.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Scarpetta's mother.
3. What was found in the back seat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) A piece of rope.
(b) An ace of spades.
(c) A jack of hearts.
(d) A great deal of blood.
4. What do Marino and Scarpetta think about the cemetery location?
(a) The killer's car was running out of gas.
(b) The location was a mistake.
(c) The killer knew the bodies would be found quickly.
(d) The killer was sending a message.
5. Who is Mad Dog Mama?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Hilda Ozimek.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) Scarpetta's teaching skeleton.
6. Who rescues Scarpetta when she gets lost looking for Wesley's house?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Benton Wesley.
(c) Mark James.
(d) Pete Marino.
7. What prescription medication was found in Jill Harrington's body?
8. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
(a) Defensive cuts are on her feet and legs.
(b) A rock-like object is imbedded in one of her palms.
(c) She has a broken finger.
(d) Defensive cuts are on her forearms and hands.
9. Who is Henna?
(a) Pete Marino's wife.
(b) Scarpetta's friend.
(c) Scarpetta's niece.
(d) Amy Turnbull's sister.
10. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
(a) Former lover.
(c) Former patient.
(d) Former medical student.
11. What item does Benton Wesley tell Scarpetta that Spurrier purchased through a catalog?
(a) A box of bullets.
(b) A pair of night-vision goggles.
(c) A serrated army knife.
(d) A gym bag.
12. Where is Elizabeth Mott's abandoned car found?
(a) A motel parking lot.
(b) A church parking lot.
(c) An apartment building parking lot.
(d) A rest area parking lot.
13. Why is Mr. Joyce interviewed by Marino and Scarpetta?
(a) He has important information about Quantico.
(b) He knows the identity of the serial killer.
(c) Mr. Joyce may be the serial killer.
(d) He has important information about Dammit.
14. Who is Detective Montana?
(a) He works with Marino.
(b) A specialist with the FBI.
(c) A police investigator.
(d) A member of the VICAP team.
15. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) The DNA tests reveal another suspect.
(b) The DNA tests are inconclusive.
(c) The blood is not a match with Steven Spurrier.
(d) The blood is a match with Steven Spurrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the bodies of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott found?
2. Why does Scarpetta want to speak with Anna Zenner?
3. Where does Mark James live?
4. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
5. What is the other name for "The Farm"?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)