|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marino and Scarpetta think about the cemetery location?
(a) The killer knew the bodies would be found quickly.
(b) The location was a mistake.
(c) The killer's car was running out of gas.
(d) The killer was sending a message.
2. Where are the bodies of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott found?
(a) In Jill Harrington's apartment.
(b) In a rest stop bathroom.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In a motel room.
3. Who is Detective Montana?
(a) He works with Marino.
(b) A member of the VICAP team.
(c) A specialist with the FBI.
(d) A police investigator.
4. Why does Abby Turnbull compare her relationship with Clifford Ring to the relationship of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington?
(a) Both couples enjoyed doing crossword puzzles.
(b) Both couples had to sneak around.
(c) Both couples met at work.
(d) Both couples enjoyed jogging.
5. Where is the last place Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington were seen together?
(a) A Super 8 Motel.
(b) The Anchor Bar and Grill.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) The Smoke Shop on the Green.
6. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) The DNA tests are inconclusive.
(b) The blood is not a match with Steven Spurrier.
(c) The DNA tests reveal another suspect.
(d) The blood is a match with Steven Spurrier.
7. Who is Henna?
(a) Pete Marino's wife.
(b) Scarpetta's niece.
(c) Amy Turnbull's sister.
(d) Scarpetta's friend.
8. Who is Dammit?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) Scarpetta's pet cat.
(c) A search and rescue dog.
(d) A dog.
9. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
(a) Former lover.
(b) Former medical student.
(d) Former patient.
10. What does Pat Harvey learn about her husband from an article in the Washington Post?
(a) He is a former CIA agent.
(b) He was drunk in a bar the night Deborah disappeared.
(c) He has always resented Pat's political aspirations.
(d) He is having an affair.
11. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
(a) She sees stacks of old, faded playing cards.
(b) She recognizes the bartender from the Globe and Laurel.
(c) She doesn't recognize anyone in the place.
(d) The man who approached her in the restaurant parking lot.
12. What does Abby Turnbull notice on the car driven by the stranger who approached them in the restaurant parking lot after dinner?
(a) A large scrape on the bumper.
(b) A Quantico sticker on the bumper.
(c) A Colonial Williamsburg parking sticker.
(d) The rear bumper is a different color.
13. What is The Dealer's Room?
(a) A small pub right outside of Williamsburg.
(b) A small bookstore.
(c) A small shop that sells antique playing cards.
(d) A small business that trains car dealers.
14. What was found in the back seat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) A piece of rope.
(b) An ace of spades.
(c) A jack of hearts.
(d) A great deal of blood.
15. Who rescues Scarpetta when she gets lost looking for Wesley's house?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Benton Wesley.
(d) Mark James.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who does Scarpetta suspect might be the serial killer?
2. Where does Mark James live?
3. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
4. What activity has the CIA been banned from carrying-out since the Ford Administration?
5. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)