|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
(a) Manuel Ramirez.
(b) Manuel Noriega.
(c) Jose Chavez.
(d) Ricardo Montelban.
2. Where is Elizabeth Mott's abandoned car found?
(a) A church parking lot.
(b) A motel parking lot.
(c) An apartment building parking lot.
(d) A rest area parking lot.
3. What does Dammit have in common with Bonnie Smyth and Jim Freeman?
(a) Dammit once lived with Jim.
(b) They all lived in the same household.
(c) They were all shot in the same location.
(d) Dammit once lived with Bonnie.
4. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
(a) She sees stacks of old, faded playing cards.
(b) She recognizes the bartender from the Globe and Laurel.
(c) She doesn't recognize anyone in the place.
(d) The man who approached her in the restaurant parking lot.
5. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) The DNA tests are inconclusive.
(b) The blood is not a match with Steven Spurrier.
(c) The blood is a match with Steven Spurrier.
(d) The DNA tests reveal another suspect.
6. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
(b) Former patient.
(c) Former lover.
(d) Former medical student.
7. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made years before he murdered Deborah and Fred?
(a) Strangled a bird.
(b) Shot a dog.
(c) Shot and knifed a horse.
(d) Knifed a cat.
8. What was the relationship between Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott?
(b) Former roommates.
(d) Partners in the same law firm.
9. What was found in cemetery where the bodies of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington are discovered?
(a) A spent cartridge casing.
(b) Cigarette butts.
(c) A silver cigarette lighter.
(d) A shoe.
10. How was Jill Harrington murdered?
(a) She was stabbed 11 times.
(b) She was shot and stabbed.
(c) She was strangled.
(d) She was strangled and shot.
11. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
(a) Her mother.
12. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Mark James.
(d) Scarpetta's mother.
13. Who is Mr. Joyce?
(a) The owner of a small smoke shop.
(b) The owner of Dammit.
(c) An accident victim.
(d) The father of one of the teen victims.
14. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
(a) A man unhappy about losing a lover.
(b) A loner who has violent, sexualized fantasies.
(c) A man who enjoys socializing.
(d) A man afraid of animals.
15. Who killed Steven Spurrier?
(a) Abby Turnbull.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Bruce Cheney.
(d) Mark James.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police search Scarpetta's house after Steven Spurrier is killed?
2. What do Marino and Scarpetta think about the cemetery location?
3. Scarpetta suspects the killer is familiar with which popular sport?
4. What was found in the back seat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
5. Who approaches Abby Turnbull and Scarpetta in the restaurant parking lot after their dinner meeting?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)