|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marino learn from the owner of the 1990 Lincoln Mark Seven?
(a) The car had been sold several years ago.
(b) The car was at an airport, not in a restaurant parking lot.
(c) The car was at a local garage that night, not in a restaurant parking lot.
(d) The car was a rental from a local company.
2. Who is Mad Dog Mama?
(a) Hilda Ozimek.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Scarpetta's teaching skeleton.
3. Who killed Steven Spurrier?
(a) Mark James.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Bruce Cheney.
4. What does Abby Turnbull notice on the car driven by the stranger who approached them in the restaurant parking lot after dinner?
(a) A Quantico sticker on the bumper.
(b) A Colonial Williamsburg parking sticker.
(c) The rear bumper is a different color.
(d) A large scrape on the bumper.
5. Where is the last place Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington were seen together?
(a) A Super 8 Motel.
(b) The Anchor Bar and Grill.
(c) The Smoke Shop on the Green.
(d) A convenience store.
6. Why does Abby Turnbull compare her relationship with Clifford Ring to the relationship of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington?
(a) Both couples enjoyed doing crossword puzzles.
(b) Both couples had to sneak around.
(c) Both couples enjoyed jogging.
(d) Both couples met at work.
7. What activity did Harrington and Mott like to do together, for instance on Sunday mornings?
(a) Go to brunch.
(b) Crossword puzzles.
(c) Visit the zoo.
(d) Go to church.
8. How does Scarpetta know Anna Zenner?
(a) Scarpetta worked with Anna on special cases.
(b) She had worked with another parent in Virginia.
(c) From an old newspaper article.
(d) Scarpetta saw Anna professionally.
9. What medical condition does Scarpetta learn Steven Spurrier suffered from?
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) Aplastic anemia.
(d) Uncontrolled diabetes.
10. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta to do after dinner when they are approached in the restaurant parking lot by a stranger?
(a) Follow the stranger's car.
(b) Call the FBI about the stranger's car.
(c) Call the police about the stranger's car.
(d) Get the license plate number of stranger's car.
11. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about Abby Turnbull and Clifford Ring?
(a) Abby and Clifford were lovers.
(b) Abby was Clifford's sister-in-law.
(c) Abby and Clifford were collaborating on a book.
(d) Clifford had helped Abby get the job at the paper.
12. What does Abby Turnbull discover about the owner of the car with the license plate number Marino traced?
(a) He looks like the man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
(b) He is not the same man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
(c) He has a prior criminal record in another state.
(d) Abby once did an interview of the car owner.
13. After Steven Spurrier is arrested, what do the police find searching his home?
(a) A library of documentary movies on the Vietnam War.
(b) A library of hard-core, violent, pornographic movies.
(c) A bag containing tools used by burglars.
(d) A bedroom decorated with Disney characters.
14. What item does Benton Wesley tell Scarpetta that Spurrier purchased through a catalog?
(a) A box of bullets.
(b) A gym bag.
(c) A pair of night-vision goggles.
(d) A serrated army knife.
15. What is similar in the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott to the murders of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) All the victims were blindfolded.
(b) A gun and knife were used in both.
(c) All the victims were Catholic.
(d) All the women were raped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta want to speak with Anna Zenner?
2. What does Scarpetta suspect is of greatest importance to the serial killer?
3. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
4. How was Elizabeth Mott killed?
5. What was found in the back seat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)