|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Steven Spurrier?
(a) Bruce Cheney.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Mark James.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
2. What was found in the back seat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) A piece of rope.
(b) A great deal of blood.
(c) An ace of spades.
(d) A jack of hearts.
3. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
(a) Vacuums the cars after committing the murders.
(b) Empties the gas tank after committing the murders.
(c) Smokes in the cars after committing the murders.
(d) Takes pictures of the cars.
4. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
(a) A dog trotting out of the woods.
(b) A man and a woman walking towards the woods.
(c) A dark car slowly moving without headlights.
(d) A car speeding down the road.
5. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
(a) Decapitating Deborah Harvey.
(b) Raping Deborah Harvey.
(c) Dismembering Deborah Harvey.
(d) Shooting Deborah Harvey.
6. Why does Scarpetta want to speak with Anna Zenner?
(a) Zenner worked with Jill Harrington.
(b) Zenner has information about the bullet.
(c) Zenner received a visit from the FBI.
(d) Zenner had information on the killer.
7. Where are the bodies of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott found?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) In Jill Harrington's apartment.
(c) In a rest stop bathroom.
(d) In a motel room.
8. What does Marino learn from the owner of the 1990 Lincoln Mark Seven?
(a) The car was at a local garage that night, not in a restaurant parking lot.
(b) The car was a rental from a local company.
(c) The car had been sold several years ago.
(d) The car was at an airport, not in a restaurant parking lot.
9. Where is the last place Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington were seen together?
(a) The Anchor Bar and Grill.
(b) The Smoke Shop on the Green.
(c) A Super 8 Motel.
(d) A convenience store.
10. What happened to Henna?
(a) Henna disappeared.
(b) Henna moved to New York City.
(c) Henna won the state lottery.
(d) Henna was murdered.
11. Who else is killed at Steven Spurrier's home?
(a) Mark James.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Clifford Ring.
12. Why does Abby Turnbull compare her relationship with Clifford Ring to the relationship of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington?
(a) Both couples enjoyed jogging.
(b) Both couples enjoyed doing crossword puzzles.
(c) Both couples met at work.
(d) Both couples had to sneak around.
13. After Steven Spurrier is arrested, what do the police find searching his home?
(a) A library of hard-core, violent, pornographic movies.
(b) A bag containing tools used by burglars.
(c) A library of documentary movies on the Vietnam War.
(d) A bedroom decorated with Disney characters.
14. What do Marino and Scarpetta think about the cemetery location?
(a) The killer knew the bodies would be found quickly.
(b) The killer's car was running out of gas.
(c) The location was a mistake.
(d) The killer was sending a message.
15. Why is Steven Spurrier arrested?
(a) He is caught accepting stolen property.
(b) He tries to steal license plates.
(c) He is caught burglarizing The Dealer's Room.
(d) He tries to enter the country without a passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of The Dealer's Room?
2. How was Elizabeth Mott killed?
3. What item does Benton Wesley tell Scarpetta that Spurrier purchased through a catalog?
4. Who shows up at Scarpetta's home convinced Steven Spurrier is the serial killer?
5. Where is Elizabeth Mott's abandoned car found?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)