|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) New York Times Magazine.
(c) New Yorker Magazine.
(d) Newsweek Magazine.
2. Where is the last place Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington were seen together?
(a) A convenience store.
(b) The Anchor Bar and Grill.
(c) The Smoke Shop on the Green.
(d) A Super 8 Motel.
3. Where is Elizabeth Mott's abandoned car found?
(a) A rest area parking lot.
(b) A church parking lot.
(c) A motel parking lot.
(d) An apartment building parking lot.
4. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
(a) Shooting Deborah Harvey.
(b) Dismembering Deborah Harvey.
(c) Decapitating Deborah Harvey.
(d) Raping Deborah Harvey.
5. Who is Mr. Joyce?
(a) The owner of Dammit.
(b) An accident victim.
(c) The father of one of the teen victims.
(d) The owner of a small smoke shop.
6. What medical condition does Scarpetta learn Steven Spurrier suffered from?
(a) A brain tumor.
(c) Uncontrolled diabetes.
(d) Aplastic anemia.
7. What was the relationship between Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott?
(c) Partners in the same law firm.
(d) Former roommates.
8. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made years before he murdered Deborah and Fred?
(a) Shot and knifed a horse.
(b) Shot a dog.
(c) Knifed a cat.
(d) Strangled a bird.
9. Who is Henna?
(a) Pete Marino's wife.
(b) Amy Turnbull's sister.
(c) Scarpetta's niece.
(d) Scarpetta's friend.
10. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta meet Abby Turnbull for dinner at a Williamsburg restaurant?
(a) To discuss the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott.
(b) To discuss Scarpetta's niece.
(c) To discuss Abby Turnbull's book.
(d) To discuss Abby Turnbull's sister.
11. What item does Benton Wesley tell Scarpetta that Spurrier purchased through a catalog?
(a) A box of bullets.
(b) A gym bag.
(c) A serrated army knife.
(d) A pair of night-vision goggles.
12. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
(a) Takes pictures of the cars.
(b) Smokes in the cars after committing the murders.
(c) Vacuums the cars after committing the murders.
(d) Empties the gas tank after committing the murders.
13. Why is Mr. Joyce interviewed by Marino and Scarpetta?
(a) Mr. Joyce may be the serial killer.
(b) He has important information about Dammit.
(c) He knows the identity of the serial killer.
(d) He has important information about Quantico.
14. Who is Detective Montana?
(a) A police investigator.
(b) A specialist with the FBI.
(c) He works with Marino.
(d) A member of the VICAP team.
15. How does Scarpetta know Anna Zenner?
(a) Scarpetta worked with Anna on special cases.
(b) She had worked with another parent in Virginia.
(c) From an old newspaper article.
(d) Scarpetta saw Anna professionally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
2. Who else is killed at Steven Spurrier's home?
3. What was found in the back seat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
4. What is located at Quantico, Virginia?
5. How was Jill Harrington murdered?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)