|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of The Dealer's Room?
(a) Mark James.
(b) Steven Spurrier.
(c) Sylvia Barnes.
(d) Muhammed Ali.
2. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
(a) A man afraid of animals.
(b) A man unhappy about losing a lover.
(c) A loner who has violent, sexualized fantasies.
(d) A man who enjoys socializing.
3. Why do the police search Scarpetta's house after Steven Spurrier is killed?
(a) They are looking for Mark James's belongings.
(b) They are looking for Lucy's belongings.
(c) They are looking for listening devices.
(d) They are looking for Abby Turnbull's belongings.
4. What do Scarpetta and Marino learn about The Dealer's Room in Chapter 16?
(a) A regular poker game takes place there every Friday night.
(b) It's a favorite hang-out for members of the military.
(c) It was closed for about five months seven years earlier.
(d) It was once raided by the local police.
5. Where is the last place Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington were seen together?
(a) The Anchor Bar and Grill.
(b) A convenience store.
(c) A Super 8 Motel.
(d) The Smoke Shop on the Green.
6. Where is Elizabeth Mott's abandoned car found?
(a) A motel parking lot.
(b) An apartment building parking lot.
(c) A rest area parking lot.
(d) A church parking lot.
7. How does Scarpetta know Anna Zenner?
(a) From an old newspaper article.
(b) She had worked with another parent in Virginia.
(c) Scarpetta worked with Anna on special cases.
(d) Scarpetta saw Anna professionally.
8. Why is Steven Spurrier arrested?
(a) He is caught burglarizing The Dealer's Room.
(b) He is caught accepting stolen property.
(c) He tries to enter the country without a passport.
(d) He tries to steal license plates.
9. What does Scarpetta suspect is of greatest importance to the serial killer?
(a) The location of the killings.
(b) The clothing victims are wearing.
(c) The identity of the victims.
(d) Where the victims live.
10. What is The Dealer's Room?
(a) A small bookstore.
(b) A small shop that sells antique playing cards.
(c) A small business that trains car dealers.
(d) A small pub right outside of Williamsburg.
11. Where did Jill Harrington go almost every week her third year in law school?
(a) Annandale, Virginia.
(b) Quantico, Virginia.
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) Richmond, Virginia.
12. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
(a) New Yorker Magazine.
(b) Time Magazine.
(c) New York Times Magazine.
(d) Newsweek Magazine.
13. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
(a) Steven Spurrier's girlfriend who lived in the same apartment complex.
(b) The store clerk at the Seven-Eleven where Deborah and Fred stopped.
(c) Steven Spurrier's mother who lived close-by.
(d) Steven Spurrier's brother in Texas.
14. What was the relationship between Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott?
(a) Partners in the same law firm.
(b) Former roommates.
15. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
(a) A car speeding down the road.
(b) A dark car slowly moving without headlights.
(c) A dog trotting out of the woods.
(d) A man and a woman walking towards the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby Turnbull discover about the owner of the car with the license plate number Marino traced?
2. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
3. What is the other name for "The Farm"?
4. How was Elizabeth Mott killed?
5. Who is Mad Dog Mama?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)