|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henna?
(a) Pete Marino's wife.
(b) Scarpetta's niece.
(c) Scarpetta's friend.
(d) Amy Turnbull's sister.
2. Who is Anna Zenner?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A psychic.
(c) A parent of one of the teen victims.
(d) A weapons specialist.
3. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
(a) Former medical student.
(c) Former patient.
(d) Former lover.
4. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta meet Abby Turnbull for dinner at a Williamsburg restaurant?
(a) To discuss Abby Turnbull's book.
(b) To discuss the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott.
(c) To discuss Abby Turnbull's sister.
(d) To discuss Scarpetta's niece.
5. What was found in the back seat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) A piece of rope.
(b) A jack of hearts.
(c) An ace of spades.
(d) A great deal of blood.
6. Where does Mark James live?
(a) Quantico, Virginia.
(b) Denver, Colorado.
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) It's not clear where he lives.
7. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
(a) Steven Spurrier's girlfriend who lived in the same apartment complex.
(b) The store clerk at the Seven-Eleven where Deborah and Fred stopped.
(c) Steven Spurrier's mother who lived close-by.
(d) Steven Spurrier's brother in Texas.
8. What medical condition does Scarpetta learn Steven Spurrier suffered from?
(a) Uncontrolled diabetes.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) Aplastic anemia.
9. What is the explanation Scarpetta suggests for the blood in the back seat of Elizabeth's car?
(a) The killer accidently cut himself.
(b) The blood has nothing to do with the killer.
(c) There was someone else in the backseat with the killer.
(d) The killer had a nosebleed
10. What does Marino learn from the owner of the 1990 Lincoln Mark Seven?
(a) The car had been sold several years ago.
(b) The car was at an airport, not in a restaurant parking lot.
(c) The car was a rental from a local company.
(d) The car was at a local garage that night, not in a restaurant parking lot.
11. How was Jill Harrington murdered?
(a) She was strangled and shot.
(b) She was strangled.
(c) She was shot and stabbed.
(d) She was stabbed 11 times.
12. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
(a) Smokes in the cars after committing the murders.
(b) Vacuums the cars after committing the murders.
(c) Empties the gas tank after committing the murders.
(d) Takes pictures of the cars.
13. What happened to Henna?
(a) Henna won the state lottery.
(b) Henna moved to New York City.
(c) Henna was murdered.
(d) Henna disappeared.
14. Why does Scarpetta want to speak with Anna Zenner?
(a) Zenner had information on the killer.
(b) Zenner has information about the bullet.
(c) Zenner received a visit from the FBI.
(d) Zenner worked with Jill Harrington.
15. After Steven Spurrier is arrested, what do the police find searching his home?
(a) A library of hard-core, violent, pornographic movies.
(b) A bedroom decorated with Disney characters.
(c) A bag containing tools used by burglars.
(d) A library of documentary movies on the Vietnam War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
2. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
3. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
4. What is located at Quantico, Virginia?
5. What does Pat Harvey learn about her husband from an article in the Washington Post?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)