|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
(a) She sees stacks of old, faded playing cards.
(b) She recognizes the bartender from the Globe and Laurel.
(c) She doesn't recognize anyone in the place.
(d) The man who approached her in the restaurant parking lot.
2. Who approaches Abby Turnbull and Scarpetta in the restaurant parking lot after their dinner meeting?
(a) A young man in a dark car.
(b) A young woman in a dark car.
(c) Two young men in a dark car.
(d) A young couple in a dark car.
3. Who is Henna?
(a) Amy Turnbull's sister.
(b) Pete Marino's wife.
(c) Scarpetta's friend.
(d) Scarpetta's niece.
4. Who else is killed at Steven Spurrier's home?
(a) Abby Turnbull.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Clifford Ring.
(d) Mark James.
5. Why is Mr. Joyce interviewed by Marino and Scarpetta?
(a) He has important information about Dammit.
(b) Mr. Joyce may be the serial killer.
(c) He knows the identity of the serial killer.
(d) He has important information about Quantico.
6. What is similar in the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott to the murders of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) A gun and knife were used in both.
(b) All the women were raped.
(c) All the victims were blindfolded.
(d) All the victims were Catholic.
7. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
(a) The store clerk at the Seven-Eleven where Deborah and Fred stopped.
(b) Steven Spurrier's girlfriend who lived in the same apartment complex.
(c) Steven Spurrier's brother in Texas.
(d) Steven Spurrier's mother who lived close-by.
8. What does Dammit have in common with Bonnie Smyth and Jim Freeman?
(a) They all lived in the same household.
(b) Dammit once lived with Bonnie.
(c) Dammit once lived with Jim.
(d) They were all shot in the same location.
9. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
(a) A loner who has violent, sexualized fantasies.
(b) A man afraid of animals.
(c) A man unhappy about losing a lover.
(d) A man who enjoys socializing.
10. Who is Anna Zenner?
(a) A parent of one of the teen victims.
(b) A weapons specialist.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A psychic.
11. Why do the police search Scarpetta's house after Steven Spurrier is killed?
(a) They are looking for Lucy's belongings.
(b) They are looking for Mark James's belongings.
(c) They are looking for Abby Turnbull's belongings.
(d) They are looking for listening devices.
12. What activity has the CIA been banned from carrying-out since the Ford Administration?
(a) Drug smuggling.
(b) Gun smuggling.
13. What does Scarpetta notice lying by a chair in a photo of Jill Harrington's apartment?
(a) The New York Times Magazine.
(b) A high school yearbook.
(c) 100 Best Crossword Puzzles for 1982.
(d) A Scrabble game.
14. What happened to Henna?
(a) Henna disappeared.
(b) Henna won the state lottery.
(c) Henna was murdered.
(d) Henna moved to New York City.
15. Who shows up at Scarpetta's home convinced Steven Spurrier is the serial killer?
(a) Benton Wesley.
(b) Mark James.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Bruce Cheney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta want to speak with Anna Zenner?
2. Where is Elizabeth Mott's abandoned car found?
3. What is "The Farm"?
4. What does Pat Harvey learn about her husband from an article in the Washington Post?
5. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)