|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who does Scarpetta suspect might be the serial killer?
(a) A federal agent.
(b) A former medical examiner.
(c) A domestic terrorist.
(d) A former aide to the President.
2. Why is Mr. Joyce interviewed by Marino and Scarpetta?
(a) He knows the identity of the serial killer.
(b) Mr. Joyce may be the serial killer.
(c) He has important information about Quantico.
(d) He has important information about Dammit.
3. What was found in the back seat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) A jack of hearts.
(b) An ace of spades.
(c) A piece of rope.
(d) A great deal of blood.
4. How does Scarpetta know Anna Zenner?
(a) From an old newspaper article.
(b) Scarpetta worked with Anna on special cases.
(c) She had worked with another parent in Virginia.
(d) Scarpetta saw Anna professionally.
5. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
(a) A man unhappy about losing a lover.
(b) A loner who has violent, sexualized fantasies.
(c) A man afraid of animals.
(d) A man who enjoys socializing.
6. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
(a) Manuel Noriega.
(b) Ricardo Montelban.
(c) Jose Chavez.
(d) Manuel Ramirez.
7. What is the other name for "The Farm"?
(a) Lucky Shoe Camp.
(b) Milk Bone Ranch.
(c) The Shorebirds Training Camp.
(d) Camp Peary.
8. What prescription medication was found in Jill Harrington's body?
9. Where does Mark James live?
(a) It's not clear where he lives.
(b) Denver, Colorado.
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) Quantico, Virginia.
10. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
(a) A dog trotting out of the woods.
(b) A car speeding down the road.
(c) A dark car slowly moving without headlights.
(d) A man and a woman walking towards the woods.
11. What does Abby Turnbull discover about the owner of the car with the license plate number Marino traced?
(a) He is not the same man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
(b) He has a prior criminal record in another state.
(c) He looks like the man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
(d) Abby once did an interview of the car owner.
12. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
(a) Takes pictures of the cars.
(b) Empties the gas tank after committing the murders.
(c) Smokes in the cars after committing the murders.
(d) Vacuums the cars after committing the murders.
13. What activity has the CIA been banned from carrying-out since the Ford Administration?
(b) Drug smuggling.
(c) Gun smuggling.
14. Who approaches Abby Turnbull and Scarpetta in the restaurant parking lot after their dinner meeting?
(a) A young couple in a dark car.
(b) A young man in a dark car.
(c) Two young men in a dark car.
(d) A young woman in a dark car.
15. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) Newsweek Magazine.
(c) New Yorker Magazine.
(d) New York Times Magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby Turnbull notice on the car driven by the stranger who approached them in the restaurant parking lot after dinner?
2. What does Dammit have in common with Bonnie Smyth and Jim Freeman?
3. What does Scarpetta suspect is of greatest importance to the serial killer?
4. Who is Detective Montana?
5. Where did Jill Harrington go almost every week her third year in law school?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)