|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abby Turnbull compare her relationship with Clifford Ring to the relationship of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington?
(a) Both couples enjoyed doing crossword puzzles.
(b) Both couples had to sneak around.
(c) Both couples enjoyed jogging.
(d) Both couples met at work.
2. Who is Henna?
(a) Amy Turnbull's sister.
(b) Pete Marino's wife.
(c) Scarpetta's niece.
(d) Scarpetta's friend.
3. How was Elizabeth Mott killed?
(a) She was shot in the back.
(b) She was shot in the neck and stabbed in the chest.
(c) She was strangled.
(d) Her throat was cut.
4. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
(a) A dark car slowly moving without headlights.
(b) A car speeding down the road.
(c) A man and a woman walking towards the woods.
(d) A dog trotting out of the woods.
5. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
(a) Steven Spurrier's brother in Texas.
(b) The store clerk at the Seven-Eleven where Deborah and Fred stopped.
(c) Steven Spurrier's mother who lived close-by.
(d) Steven Spurrier's girlfriend who lived in the same apartment complex.
6. What does Pat Harvey learn about her husband from an article in the Washington Post?
(a) He is having an affair.
(b) He has always resented Pat's political aspirations.
(c) He is a former CIA agent.
(d) He was drunk in a bar the night Deborah disappeared.
7. Who is Mad Dog Mama?
(a) Hilda Ozimek.
(b) Scarpetta's teaching skeleton.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) A prostitute.
8. Who killed Steven Spurrier?
(a) Mark James.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Abby Turnbull.
(d) Bruce Cheney.
9. Scarpetta suspects the killer is familiar with which popular sport?
10. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
(a) Defensive cuts are on her feet and legs.
(b) A rock-like object is imbedded in one of her palms.
(c) Defensive cuts are on her forearms and hands.
(d) She has a broken finger.
11. Who is Dammit?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) A search and rescue dog.
(c) A dog.
(d) Scarpetta's pet cat.
12. What medical condition does Scarpetta learn Steven Spurrier suffered from?
(a) Uncontrolled diabetes.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) Aplastic anemia.
13. What does Abby Turnbull notice on the car driven by the stranger who approached them in the restaurant parking lot after dinner?
(a) The rear bumper is a different color.
(b) A Colonial Williamsburg parking sticker.
(c) A large scrape on the bumper.
(d) A Quantico sticker on the bumper.
14. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) The DNA tests are inconclusive.
(b) The blood is not a match with Steven Spurrier.
(c) The DNA tests reveal another suspect.
(d) The blood is a match with Steven Spurrier.
15. Where is Elizabeth Mott's abandoned car found?
(a) A rest area parking lot.
(b) A church parking lot.
(c) A motel parking lot.
(d) An apartment building parking lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
2. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
3. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
4. What does Marino learn from the owner of the 1990 Lincoln Mark Seven?
5. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)