|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Steven Spurrier is arrested, what do the police find searching his home?
(a) A bag containing tools used by burglars.
(b) A bedroom decorated with Disney characters.
(c) A library of documentary movies on the Vietnam War.
(d) A library of hard-core, violent, pornographic movies.
2. Who killed Steven Spurrier?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Bruce Cheney.
(c) Abby Turnbull.
(d) Mark James.
3. What is the other name for "The Farm"?
(a) Lucky Shoe Camp.
(b) The Shorebirds Training Camp.
(c) Milk Bone Ranch.
(d) Camp Peary.
4. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
(a) A man unhappy about losing a lover.
(b) A man who enjoys socializing.
(c) A loner who has violent, sexualized fantasies.
(d) A man afraid of animals.
5. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta meet Abby Turnbull for dinner at a Williamsburg restaurant?
(a) To discuss the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott.
(b) To discuss Abby Turnbull's book.
(c) To discuss Scarpetta's niece.
(d) To discuss Abby Turnbull's sister.
6. What activity has the CIA been banned from carrying-out since the Ford Administration?
(a) Drug smuggling.
(b) Gun smuggling.
7. What does Dammit have in common with Bonnie Smyth and Jim Freeman?
(a) Dammit once lived with Jim.
(b) They were all shot in the same location.
(c) They all lived in the same household.
(d) Dammit once lived with Bonnie.
8. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
(a) She sees stacks of old, faded playing cards.
(b) She doesn't recognize anyone in the place.
(c) She recognizes the bartender from the Globe and Laurel.
(d) The man who approached her in the restaurant parking lot.
9. What is The Dealer's Room?
(a) A small shop that sells antique playing cards.
(b) A small bookstore.
(c) A small business that trains car dealers.
(d) A small pub right outside of Williamsburg.
10. After Scarpetta alerts the FBI of what she saw in The Dealer's Room, how does the FBI respond?
(a) They start making anonymous calls to the owner.
(b) They plant listening devices in the owner's home.
(c) They put the owner under surveillance.
(d) They arrest the owner for murder.
11. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
(b) Her mother.
12. What item does Benton Wesley tell Scarpetta that Spurrier purchased through a catalog?
(a) A pair of night-vision goggles.
(b) A box of bullets.
(c) A serrated army knife.
(d) A gym bag.
13. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
(a) Defensive cuts are on her feet and legs.
(b) A rock-like object is imbedded in one of her palms.
(c) She has a broken finger.
(d) Defensive cuts are on her forearms and hands.
14. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
(a) New York Times Magazine.
(b) New Yorker Magazine.
(c) Newsweek Magazine.
(d) Time Magazine.
15. Who is Anna Zenner?
(a) A weapons specialist.
(b) A parent of one of the teen victims.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A psychic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
2. Who shows up at Scarpetta's home convinced Steven Spurrier is the serial killer?
3. How was Jill Harrington murdered?
4. Why does Scarpetta want to speak with Anna Zenner?
5. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made years before he murdered Deborah and Fred?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)