|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
(a) Empties the gas tank after committing the murders.
(b) Smokes in the cars after committing the murders.
(c) Vacuums the cars after committing the murders.
(d) Takes pictures of the cars.
2. What is "The Farm"?
(a) A minor league baseball training facility.
(b) A training facility for horses.
(c) A CIA training camp.
(d) A training facility for search and rescue dogs.
3. How was Elizabeth Mott killed?
(a) She was shot in the back.
(b) She was strangled.
(c) Her throat was cut.
(d) She was shot in the neck and stabbed in the chest.
4. What does Abby Turnbull discover about the owner of the car with the license plate number Marino traced?
(a) He has a prior criminal record in another state.
(b) Abby once did an interview of the car owner.
(c) He looks like the man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
(d) He is not the same man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
5. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about the license plate number she gave him to check?
(a) The plates were issued to 1990 Cadillac .
(b) The plates were issued to a 1990 Mark Seven.
(c) The plates were issued to 1989 Lincoln.
(d) The plates were issued to a 1998 Mark Seven.
6. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
(a) Scarpetta's mother.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Mark James.
7. Where does Mark James live?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Quantico, Virginia.
(c) Denver, Colorado.
(d) It's not clear where he lives.
8. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) Newsweek Magazine.
(c) New Yorker Magazine.
(d) New York Times Magazine.
9. Who is Detective Montana?
(a) A member of the VICAP team.
(b) He works with Marino.
(c) A police investigator.
(d) A specialist with the FBI.
10. What does Abby Turnbull notice on the car driven by the stranger who approached them in the restaurant parking lot after dinner?
(a) The rear bumper is a different color.
(b) A large scrape on the bumper.
(c) A Colonial Williamsburg parking sticker.
(d) A Quantico sticker on the bumper.
11. Who killed Steven Spurrier?
(a) Bruce Cheney.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Mark James.
(d) Pat Harvey.
12. What do Marino and Scarpetta think about the cemetery location?
(a) The killer knew the bodies would be found quickly.
(b) The location was a mistake.
(c) The killer's car was running out of gas.
(d) The killer was sending a message.
13. What does Pat Harvey learn about her husband from an article in the Washington Post?
(a) He was drunk in a bar the night Deborah disappeared.
(b) He has always resented Pat's political aspirations.
(c) He is a former CIA agent.
(d) He is having an affair.
14. Where did Jill Harrington go almost every week her third year in law school?
(a) Richmond, Virginia.
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) Annandale, Virginia.
(d) Quantico, Virginia.
15. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
(a) Manuel Ramirez.
(b) Manuel Noriega.
(c) Ricardo Montelban.
(d) Jose Chavez.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
2. Where is Elizabeth Mott's abandoned car found?
3. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
4. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
5. What activity has the CIA been banned from carrying-out since the Ford Administration?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)