|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta want to speak with Anna Zenner?
(a) Zenner worked with Jill Harrington.
(b) Zenner has information about the bullet.
(c) Zenner received a visit from the FBI.
(d) Zenner had information on the killer.
2. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about Abby Turnbull and Clifford Ring?
(a) Clifford had helped Abby get the job at the paper.
(b) Abby and Clifford were collaborating on a book.
(c) Abby and Clifford were lovers.
(d) Abby was Clifford's sister-in-law.
3. What was the relationship between Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott?
(b) Former roommates.
(c) Partners in the same law firm.
4. What is the other name for "The Farm"?
(a) Camp Peary.
(b) Lucky Shoe Camp.
(c) Milk Bone Ranch.
(d) The Shorebirds Training Camp.
5. Where are the bodies of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott found?
(a) In Jill Harrington's apartment.
(b) In a motel room.
(c) In a rest stop bathroom.
(d) In a cemetery.
6. Where does Mark James live?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Quantico, Virginia.
(c) It's not clear where he lives.
(d) Denver, Colorado.
7. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
(b) Her mother.
8. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) The blood is a match with Steven Spurrier.
(b) The blood is not a match with Steven Spurrier.
(c) The DNA tests are inconclusive.
(d) The DNA tests reveal another suspect.
9. What is "The Farm"?
(a) A CIA training camp.
(b) A training facility for search and rescue dogs.
(c) A training facility for horses.
(d) A minor league baseball training facility.
10. In Chapter 10, who does Scarpetta suspect might be the serial killer?
(a) A former medical examiner.
(b) A former aide to the President.
(c) A federal agent.
(d) A domestic terrorist.
11. After Steven Spurrier is arrested, what do the police find searching his home?
(a) A library of documentary movies on the Vietnam War.
(b) A bag containing tools used by burglars.
(c) A bedroom decorated with Disney characters.
(d) A library of hard-core, violent, pornographic movies.
12. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
(a) She doesn't recognize anyone in the place.
(b) She sees stacks of old, faded playing cards.
(c) She recognizes the bartender from the Globe and Laurel.
(d) The man who approached her in the restaurant parking lot.
13. How does Scarpetta know Anna Zenner?
(a) Scarpetta saw Anna professionally.
(b) Scarpetta worked with Anna on special cases.
(c) From an old newspaper article.
(d) She had worked with another parent in Virginia.
14. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta meet Abby Turnbull for dinner at a Williamsburg restaurant?
(a) To discuss Abby Turnbull's sister.
(b) To discuss the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott.
(c) To discuss Abby Turnbull's book.
(d) To discuss Scarpetta's niece.
15. What does Scarpetta notice lying by a chair in a photo of Jill Harrington's apartment?
(a) A Scrabble game.
(b) The New York Times Magazine.
(c) A high school yearbook.
(d) 100 Best Crossword Puzzles for 1982.
Short Answer Questions
1. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
2. What is located at Quantico, Virginia?
3. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
4. What does Marino learn from the owner of the 1990 Lincoln Mark Seven?
5. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)