|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was found in cemetery where the bodies of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington are discovered?
(a) Cigarette butts.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A silver cigarette lighter.
(d) A spent cartridge casing.
2. What is "The Farm"?
(a) A minor league baseball training facility.
(b) A CIA training camp.
(c) A training facility for search and rescue dogs.
(d) A training facility for horses.
3. Where does Mark James live?
(a) Quantico, Virginia.
(b) Denver, Colorado.
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) It's not clear where he lives.
4. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
(a) She sees stacks of old, faded playing cards.
(b) She recognizes the bartender from the Globe and Laurel.
(c) She doesn't recognize anyone in the place.
(d) The man who approached her in the restaurant parking lot.
5. In Chapter 10, who does Scarpetta suspect might be the serial killer?
(a) A federal agent.
(b) A domestic terrorist.
(c) A former aide to the President.
(d) A former medical examiner.
6. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) The DNA tests reveal another suspect.
(b) The blood is not a match with Steven Spurrier.
(c) The DNA tests are inconclusive.
(d) The blood is a match with Steven Spurrier.
7. How was Elizabeth Mott killed?
(a) She was shot in the neck and stabbed in the chest.
(b) She was shot in the back.
(c) Her throat was cut.
(d) She was strangled.
8. Who is the person Scarpetta invites to visit her in the summer?
(b) Her mother.
9. What is similar in the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott to the murders of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) All the women were raped.
(b) All the victims were blindfolded.
(c) A gun and knife were used in both.
(d) All the victims were Catholic.
10. What activity did Harrington and Mott like to do together, for instance on Sunday mornings?
(a) Go to brunch.
(b) Visit the zoo.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Crossword puzzles.
11. Where is the last place Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington were seen together?
(a) The Anchor Bar and Grill.
(b) A Super 8 Motel.
(c) The Smoke Shop on the Green.
(d) A convenience store.
12. What is the explanation Scarpetta suggests for the blood in the back seat of Elizabeth's car?
(a) There was someone else in the backseat with the killer.
(b) The killer accidently cut himself.
(c) The killer had a nosebleed
(d) The blood has nothing to do with the killer.
13. Who is Anna Zenner?
(a) A psychic.
(b) A weapons specialist.
(c) A parent of one of the teen victims.
(d) A psychiatrist.
14. What prescription medication was found in Jill Harrington's body?
15. Who is Dammit?
(a) Scarpetta's pet cat.
(b) A search and rescue dog.
(c) A dog.
(d) A stray cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Jill Harrington murdered?
2. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
3. What was the relationship between Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott?
4. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about Abby Turnbull and Clifford Ring?
5. Why is Mr. Joyce interviewed by Marino and Scarpetta?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)