|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Steven Spurrier arrested?
(a) He is caught accepting stolen property.
(b) He is caught burglarizing The Dealer's Room.
(c) He tries to enter the country without a passport.
(d) He tries to steal license plates.
2. What medical condition does Scarpetta learn Steven Spurrier suffered from?
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) Aplastic anemia.
(d) Uncontrolled diabetes.
3. Why is Mr. Joyce interviewed by Marino and Scarpetta?
(a) He knows the identity of the serial killer.
(b) Mr. Joyce may be the serial killer.
(c) He has important information about Dammit.
(d) He has important information about Quantico.
4. In Chapter 12, why does Scarpetta meet Abby Turnbull for dinner at a Williamsburg restaurant?
(a) To discuss the murders of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott.
(b) To discuss Abby Turnbull's sister.
(c) To discuss Scarpetta's niece.
(d) To discuss Abby Turnbull's book.
5. What is the other name for "The Farm"?
(a) Milk Bone Ranch.
(b) The Shorebirds Training Camp.
(c) Lucky Shoe Camp.
(d) Camp Peary.
6. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta to do after dinner when they are approached in the restaurant parking lot by a stranger?
(a) Call the FBI about the stranger's car.
(b) Follow the stranger's car.
(c) Get the license plate number of stranger's car.
(d) Call the police about the stranger's car.
7. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
(a) A rock-like object is imbedded in one of her palms.
(b) She has a broken finger.
(c) Defensive cuts are on her feet and legs.
(d) Defensive cuts are on her forearms and hands.
8. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
(a) A car speeding down the road.
(b) A man and a woman walking towards the woods.
(c) A dog trotting out of the woods.
(d) A dark car slowly moving without headlights.
9. What is the name of the Central American dictator once on the CIA payroll?
(a) Manuel Noriega.
(b) Jose Chavez.
(c) Manuel Ramirez.
(d) Ricardo Montelban.
10. Who is Henna?
(a) Pete Marino's wife.
(b) Scarpetta's niece.
(c) Amy Turnbull's sister.
(d) Scarpetta's friend.
11. What was the relationship between Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott?
(a) Partners in the same law firm.
(b) Former roommates.
12. Who killed Steven Spurrier?
(a) Abby Turnbull.
(b) Bruce Cheney.
(c) Mark James.
(d) Pat Harvey.
13. What does Marino learn from the owner of the 1990 Lincoln Mark Seven?
(a) The car was a rental from a local company.
(b) The car was at an airport, not in a restaurant parking lot.
(c) The car had been sold several years ago.
(d) The car was at a local garage that night, not in a restaurant parking lot.
14. What is Scarpetta's relationship with her rescuer who leads her to Wesley's house?
(b) Former lover.
(c) Former patient.
(d) Former medical student.
15. Who rescues Scarpetta when she gets lost looking for Wesley's house?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Benton Wesley.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Mark James.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby Turnbull discover about the owner of the car with the license plate number Marino traced?
2. What do the DNA test results show about the blood found in the backseat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
3. What does Abby Turnbull notice on the car driven by the stranger who approached them in the restaurant parking lot after dinner?
4. Why do the police search Scarpetta's house after Steven Spurrier is killed?
5. In Chapter 10, who does Scarpetta suspect might be the serial killer?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)