|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Steven Spurrier arrested?
(a) He tries to enter the country without a passport.
(b) He is caught accepting stolen property.
(c) He is caught burglarizing The Dealer's Room.
(d) He tries to steal license plates.
2. Why are Scarpetta and Marino interested in a possible gym bag?
(a) Several false passports will be in the bag.
(b) It might contain additional stolen property.
(c) Thousands of dollars will be found in the bag.
(d) It might contain evidence of the serial killings.
3. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta to do after dinner when they are approached in the restaurant parking lot by a stranger?
(a) Call the FBI about the stranger's car.
(b) Call the police about the stranger's car.
(c) Follow the stranger's car.
(d) Get the license plate number of stranger's car.
4. What activity has the CIA been banned from carrying-out since the Ford Administration?
(b) Gun smuggling.
(c) Drug smuggling.
5. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
(a) The man who approached her in the restaurant parking lot.
(b) She recognizes the bartender from the Globe and Laurel.
(c) She sees stacks of old, faded playing cards.
(d) She doesn't recognize anyone in the place.
6. What do Scarpetta and Marino learn about The Dealer's Room in Chapter 16?
(a) It was closed for about five months seven years earlier.
(b) A regular poker game takes place there every Friday night.
(c) It's a favorite hang-out for members of the military.
(d) It was once raided by the local police.
7. What is the explanation Scarpetta suggests for the blood in the back seat of Elizabeth's car?
(a) The killer had a nosebleed
(b) The blood has nothing to do with the killer.
(c) There was someone else in the backseat with the killer.
(d) The killer accidently cut himself.
8. Who approaches Abby Turnbull and Scarpetta in the restaurant parking lot after their dinner meeting?
(a) A young woman in a dark car.
(b) Two young men in a dark car.
(c) A young man in a dark car.
(d) A young couple in a dark car.
9. How does Scarpetta know Jill Harrington put up a fight?
(a) Defensive cuts are on her feet and legs.
(b) A rock-like object is imbedded in one of her palms.
(c) She has a broken finger.
(d) Defensive cuts are on her forearms and hands.
10. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about Abby Turnbull and Clifford Ring?
(a) Abby was Clifford's sister-in-law.
(b) Abby and Clifford were lovers.
(c) Abby and Clifford were collaborating on a book.
(d) Clifford had helped Abby get the job at the paper.
11. What prescription medication was found in Jill Harrington's body?
12. Scarpetta suspects the killer is familiar with which popular sport?
13. In Chapter 10, who does Scarpetta suspect might be the serial killer?
(a) A federal agent.
(b) A domestic terrorist.
(c) A former aide to the President.
(d) A former medical examiner.
14. Who is Anna Zenner?
(a) A weapons specialist.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A psychic.
(d) A parent of one of the teen victims.
15. What does Abby Turnbull discover about the owner of the car with the license plate number Marino traced?
(a) He is not the same man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
(b) He has a prior criminal record in another state.
(c) He looks like the man that approached Abby and Scarpetta in Williamsburg.
(d) Abby once did an interview of the car owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "The Farm"?
2. Why does Abby Turnbull compare her relationship with Clifford Ring to the relationship of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington?
3. Who is the owner of The Dealer's Room?
4. Why do the police search Scarpetta's house after Steven Spurrier is killed?
5. What was found in cemetery where the bodies of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington are discovered?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)