|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Jill Harrington murdered?
(a) She was stabbed 11 times.
(b) She was strangled and shot.
(c) She was strangled.
(d) She was shot and stabbed.
2. What prescription medication was found in Jill Harrington's body?
3. What was found in cemetery where the bodies of Elizabeth Mott and Jill Harrington are discovered?
(a) Cigarette butts.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A spent cartridge casing.
(d) A silver cigarette lighter.
4. How was Elizabeth Mott killed?
(a) She was shot in the neck and stabbed in the chest.
(b) She was strangled.
(c) Her throat was cut.
(d) She was shot in the back.
5. Where are the bodies of Jill Harrington and Elizabeth Mott found?
(a) In a motel room.
(b) In a rest stop bathroom.
(c) In Jill Harrington's apartment.
(d) In a cemetery.
6. Who is Detective Montana?
(a) A specialist with the FBI.
(b) A police investigator.
(c) He works with Marino.
(d) A member of the VICAP team.
7. In Chapter 10, who does Scarpetta suspect might be the serial killer?
(a) A former medical examiner.
(b) A domestic terrorist.
(c) A federal agent.
(d) A former aide to the President.
8. Who is Dammit?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) A search and rescue dog.
(c) A dog.
(d) Scarpetta's pet cat.
9. Who approaches Abby Turnbull and Scarpetta in the restaurant parking lot after their dinner meeting?
(a) A young woman in a dark car.
(b) A young couple in a dark car.
(c) A young man in a dark car.
(d) Two young men in a dark car.
10. How does Scarpetta know Anna Zenner?
(a) Scarpetta saw Anna professionally.
(b) From an old newspaper article.
(c) Scarpetta worked with Anna on special cases.
(d) She had worked with another parent in Virginia.
11. What does Scarpetta see when she enters The Dealer's Room?
(a) The man who approached her in the restaurant parking lot.
(b) She doesn't recognize anyone in the place.
(c) She sees stacks of old, faded playing cards.
(d) She recognizes the bartender from the Globe and Laurel.
12. What is The Dealer's Room?
(a) A small bookstore.
(b) A small pub right outside of Williamsburg.
(c) A small business that trains car dealers.
(d) A small shop that sells antique playing cards.
13. In Chapter 16, who has been staying at Scarpetta's house for several weeks?
(a) Abby Turnbull.
(b) Mark James.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Scarpetta's mother.
14. After Steven Spurrier's house is searched, what do Marino and Scarpetta surmise the killer does to the victims' cars?
(a) Vacuums the cars after committing the murders.
(b) Takes pictures of the cars.
(c) Empties the gas tank after committing the murders.
(d) Smokes in the cars after committing the murders.
15. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta to do after dinner when they are approached in the restaurant parking lot by a stranger?
(a) Follow the stranger's car.
(b) Call the FBI about the stranger's car.
(c) Call the police about the stranger's car.
(d) Get the license plate number of stranger's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the national magazine that runs a feature story on Pat Harvey and her murdered daughter?
2. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about the license plate number she gave him to check?
3. After Scarpetta alerts the FBI of what she saw in The Dealer's Room, how does the FBI respond?
4. What is located at Quantico, Virginia?
5. What do Marino and Scarpetta think about the cemetery location?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)