|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarpetta know Anna Zenner?
(a) Scarpetta saw Anna professionally.
(b) From an old newspaper article.
(c) She had worked with another parent in Virginia.
(d) Scarpetta worked with Anna on special cases.
2. Who approaches Abby Turnbull and Scarpetta in the restaurant parking lot after their dinner meeting?
(a) Two young men in a dark car.
(b) A young couple in a dark car.
(c) A young woman in a dark car.
(d) A young man in a dark car.
3. Who else is killed at Steven Spurrier's home?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Mark James.
(c) Clifford Ring.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
4. Who shows up at Scarpetta's home convinced Steven Spurrier is the serial killer?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Mark James.
(c) Benton Wesley.
(d) Bruce Cheney.
5. After Steven Spurrier is arrested, what do the police find searching his home?
(a) A library of hard-core, violent, pornographic movies.
(b) A bag containing tools used by burglars.
(c) A bedroom decorated with Disney characters.
(d) A library of documentary movies on the Vietnam War.
6. What mistake does Scarpetta think the killer made in the murder of Deborah Harvey?
(a) Shooting Deborah Harvey.
(b) Raping Deborah Harvey.
(c) Dismembering Deborah Harvey.
(d) Decapitating Deborah Harvey.
7. What was found in the back seat of Elizabeth Mott's car?
(a) A great deal of blood.
(b) A piece of rope.
(c) An ace of spades.
(d) A jack of hearts.
8. When interviewed, what does Mr. Joyce remember seeing on a July night when he went to his mailbox?
(a) A man and a woman walking towards the woods.
(b) A car speeding down the road.
(c) A dog trotting out of the woods.
(d) A dark car slowly moving without headlights.
9. What does Marino tell Scarpetta about the license plate number she gave him to check?
(a) The plates were issued to a 1990 Mark Seven.
(b) The plates were issued to a 1998 Mark Seven.
(c) The plates were issued to 1990 Cadillac .
(d) The plates were issued to 1989 Lincoln.
10. What activity did Harrington and Mott like to do together, for instance on Sunday mornings?
(a) Visit the zoo.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Crossword puzzles.
(d) Go to brunch.
11. What does Scarpetta suspect is of greatest importance to the serial killer?
(a) The location of the killings.
(b) The identity of the victims.
(c) The clothing victims are wearing.
(d) Where the victims live.
12. Why is Steven Spurrier arrested?
(a) He is caught accepting stolen property.
(b) He tries to enter the country without a passport.
(c) He tries to steal license plates.
(d) He is caught burglarizing The Dealer's Room.
13. Who is the owner of The Dealer's Room?
(a) Sylvia Barnes.
(b) Muhammed Ali.
(c) Mark James.
(d) Steven Spurrier.
14. What "profile" of the serial killer is emerging in Chapter 16?
(a) A man who enjoys socializing.
(b) A man afraid of animals.
(c) A man unhappy about losing a lover.
(d) A loner who has violent, sexualized fantasies.
15. After Scarpetta alerts the FBI of what she saw in The Dealer's Room, how does the FBI respond?
(a) They put the owner under surveillance.
(b) They arrest the owner for murder.
(c) They start making anonymous calls to the owner.
(d) They plant listening devices in the owner's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anna Zenner?
2. Scarpetta suspects the killer is familiar with which popular sport?
3. Where does Mark James live?
4. What does Pat Harvey learn about her husband from an article in the Washington Post?
5. Who did Marino interview after Steven Spurrier is arrested?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)