|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Fred Cheney, what does Hilda immediately know?
(a) Fred was in Las Vegas.
(b) Fred and Deborah had a fight.
(c) Fred had a fight with Pat Harvey.
(d) Fred is dead.
2. At a press conference, what does Pat Harvey divulge regarding her family?
(a) Deborah was pregnant.
(b) Her family had been threatened.
(c) Deborah and Fred were actually married.
(d) Deborah was adopted.
3. Why does Marino think Deborah and Fred walked slowly into the woods?
(a) They were bound side-by-side.
(b) They were barefoot.
(c) They were shackled at the ankles.
(d) They had hoods over their heads.
4. What was found in the other abandoned cars, but missing from Deborah's Jeep?
(a) One white glove.
(b) One red rose.
(c) One white rose.
(d) White cotton fibers.
5. What does Scarpetta learn about the missing teens' relationship?
(a) They were inseparable.
(b) They had been fighting.
(c) They were casual friends.
(d) They didn't really like each other.
6. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
(a) The killer's calling card.
(b) The identity of the serial killer.
(c) The involvement of drug gangs.
(d) The cause of death.
7. Who calls Scarpetta at home in the evening on the day Fred and Deborah's bodies were found?
(a) Abby Turnbul.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(d) Fred Cheney's father.
8. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) Deborah's purse.
(b) Fred's driver's license.
(c) A small can of mace.
(d) A knife.
9. What happened to Abby Turnbull's sister?
(a) She became an alcoholic.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) She got into drugs.
(d) She went to prison.
10. What paper does Abby work for?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The Baltimore Sun.
(c) The Washington Post.
(d) The Richmond Times.
11. Who is sitting with Pat Harvey at the press conference?
(a) Bruce Cheney.
(b) The president.
(c) Pat Harvey's husband.
12. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
(a) Go with him to Colorado.
(b) Have a baby.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Hire a bodyguard.
13. What does Jay Morrell confess to Marino?
(a) He planted a gun that Scarpetta found.
(b) He planted the cartridge casing Scarpetta found.
(c) He planted a dead dog that Scarpetta found.
(d) He planted clothing with a bullet hole that Scarpetta found.
14. Who directed Deborah and Fred to the rest area where their car was later found?
(a) A gas station attendant.
(b) A convenience store clerk.
(c) Fred's mother.
(d) Deborah's mother.
15. When Scarpetta examines the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney in the woods, what does she notice?
(a) The bodies had been lying in a pond.
(b) The bones were mixed together in a jumbled heap.
(c) The bodies had been moved.
(d) Body parts had been scattered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
2. At lunch, Scarpetta is asked if she believes what about the missing teens?
3. Who does Scarpetta meet at the Globe and Laurel?
4. In the murders of Deborah and Fred, who does Marino think was killed first?
5. What is Scarpetta asking Dr. Vessey to examine?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)