|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At lunch, what is one theory the investigators discuss about the disappearance of the teens?
(a) They were placed in the witness protection program.
(b) They were abducted by people working for a drug cartel.
(c) They were abducted by the Mafia.
(d) They went off with friends.
2. At a press conference, what does Pat Harvey divulge regarding her family?
(a) Her family had been threatened.
(b) Deborah was adopted.
(c) Deborah and Fred were actually married.
(d) Deborah was pregnant.
3. What was found at the crime scene, alerting investigators the teens had made a stop?
(a) A receipt from a motel.
(b) Ticket stubs from a movie theater.
(c) A convenience store receipt.
(d) A restaurant receipt.
4. What is Scarpetta asking Dr. Vessey to examine?
(a) A small piece of wrist bone.
(b) A small piece of foreign material.
(c) A phalange.
(d) A broken femur.
5. As the story opens, where is the crime scene investigation taking place?
(a) At a resort in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley.
(b) In an apartment building near the Richmond airport.
(c) A rest stop off highway I-64.
(d) A beach house on the coast of North Carolina.
6. How does Hilda describe the individual that she "sees" with Fred and Deborah when they disappeared?
(a) A small, dark-skinned man wearing a baseball cap.
(b) A slender, dark-complected man of medium height.
(c) A slender, light-complected man of medium height.
(d) A tall, powerfully built man wearing a baseball cap.
7. What is the main character's occupation?
(a) Investigator with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(b) Homicide detective on the Richmond police force.
(c) Search and rescue team leader.
(d) Chief medical examiner for the state of Virginia.
8. Why do Scarpetta and Marino fly to South Carolina?
(a) To find out where Marino's estranged wife is living.
(b) To learn more about the CIA.
(c) To learn more about the serial killer and victims.
(d) To learn more about Fred Cheney's family.
9. What was found in the other abandoned cars, but missing from Deborah's Jeep?
(a) One red rose.
(b) One white glove.
(c) One white rose.
(d) White cotton fibers.
10. In the murders of Deborah and Fred, who does Marino think was killed first?
(a) Fred Cheney.
(b) Deborah Harvey.
(c) Fred and Deborah were killed together.
(d) Killer forced Fred to shoot Deborah.
11. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The president.
(c) Scarpetta's supervisor.
(d) The Army.
12. Who found the bodies of Deborah and Fred?
(b) Search and rescue dogs.
(c) A cemetery caretaker.
13. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
(a) Her car is in for repairs.
(b) She doesn't have enough money for gas.
(c) She doesn't drive anymore.
(d) She doesn't know Scarpetta and Marino were coming.
14. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Deborah, what does Hilda immediately know?
(a) Deborah was in a motel.
(b) Deborah was angry at her mother.
(c) Deborah and Fred had a fight.
(d) Deborah is dead.
15. What does Pat Harvey threaten to do if Scarpetta doesn't give her what she asked for?
(a) File an official complaint with the Virginia Medical Board.
(b) Get Scarpetta fired.
(c) Get Scarpetta's medical license revoked.
(d) Get a court order.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the mother of one of the missing teens arrive at the crime scene?
2. What did Hilda Ozimek predict almost to the day that the FBI ignored?
3. Why is Scarpetta angry with Abby?
4. Who calls in the psychic, Hilda Ozimek, on the missing teens' investigation?
5. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)