|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) A disposable lighter.
(b) A cheap, plastic cigarette holder.
(c) Cigarette butts with filter paper peeled away.
(d) A ball point pen.
2. Who does Scarpetta meet at the Globe and Laurel?
(a) Chief of the FBI Homicide Investigations Unit.
(b) Clifford Ring.
(c) Publisher of the Washington Post.
(d) Benton Wesley.
3. What is the special name the media has for a series of unsolved murders?
(a) The Romance Murders.
(b) The Teen Mystery Murders.
(c) The Mystery Slayings.
(d) The Couple Killings.
4. What do toxicology reports on the teen victims reveal about drugs?
(a) The reports were inconclusive.
(b) The reports were positive for drugs.
(c) The reports were negative for drugs.
(d) A "designer" drug was present.
5. What do Marino and Scarpetta find where Deborah was shot?
(a) An article of her clothing with a bullet hole.
(b) A spent cartridge casing.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A gun.
6. In Chapter 1, all the bodies in a series of unsolved murders were found within a 50-mile radius of which location?
7. What happens when Scarpetta speaks to her lover on the phone?
(a) They decide to get married.
(b) They both hear a gunshot.
(c) They have a fight.
(d) They plan a vacation together.
8. Why does Marino think Deborah and Fred walked slowly into the woods?
(a) They had hoods over their heads.
(b) They were barefoot.
(c) They were shackled at the ankles.
(d) They were bound side-by-side.
9. At lunch, what is one theory the investigators discuss about the disappearance of the teens?
(a) They were placed in the witness protection program.
(b) They went off with friends.
(c) They were abducted by people working for a drug cartel.
(d) They were abducted by the Mafia.
10. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Go with him to Colorado.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Hire a bodyguard.
11. At lunch, Scarpetta is asked if she believes what about the missing teens?
(a) They are victims of a serial killer.
(b) They have joined a cult.
(c) They have eloped .
(d) They are playing a prank.
12. At a press conference, what does Pat Harvey divulge regarding her family?
(a) Deborah was adopted.
(b) Her family had been threatened.
(c) Deborah and Fred were actually married.
(d) Deborah was pregnant.
13. What did Scarpetta say about the skulls of Deborah and Fred?
(a) The skulls weren't fractured.
(b) The skulls were smaller than normal.
(c) The skulls had a large dent.
(d) The skulls were an odd color.
14. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta about her situation?
(a) She doesn't know anything about the missing teens.
(b) She's being followed.
(c) She should take a vacation.
(d) She deserves a pay raise for her work.
15. What did Scarpetta notice both Fred and Deborah were missing?
(a) All of their teeth.
(b) All of their clothing.
(c) Shoes and socks.
(d) Their wallets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one theory as to who might have killed Deborah and Fred?
2. Where were the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney found?
3. Who calls Dr. Sessions about the murders of Deborah and Fred?
4. What is Scarpetta asking Dr. Vessey to examine?
5. What did Hilda Ozimek predict almost to the day that the FBI ignored?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)