|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scarpetta meet at the Globe and Laurel?
(a) Chief of the FBI Homicide Investigations Unit.
(b) Publisher of the Washington Post.
(c) Clifford Ring.
(d) Benton Wesley.
2. What famous Virginia location is close to the Globe and Laurel?
(a) Quantico, Virginia
(b) Richmond, Virginia
(c) Vienna, Virginia
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia
3. Who directed Deborah and Fred to the rest area where their car was later found?
(a) A gas station attendant.
(b) Fred's mother.
(c) Deborah's mother.
(d) A convenience store clerk.
4. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) Cigarette butts with filter paper peeled away.
(b) A ball point pen.
(c) A cheap, plastic cigarette holder.
(d) A disposable lighter.
5. What is covering the area where Marino and Scarpetta believe Deborah was shot?
(c) Poison ivy.
6. Why does Scarpetta take the bones of Fred and Deborah to Washington, DC?
(a) She wanted to take the bones to the FBI lab.
(b) She wanted to have the chief forensic specialist at Walter Reed Hospital examine the remains.
(c) She wanted to confer with Dr. Vessey at the Smithsonian.
(d) She wanted to deliver the remains to the funeral home Pat Harvey had selected.
7. What do Marino and Scarpetta find where Deborah was shot?
(a) An article of her clothing with a bullet hole.
(b) A spent cartridge casing.
(c) A gun.
(d) A dead dog.
8. Why does Marino think Deborah and Fred walked slowly into the woods?
(a) They had hoods over their heads.
(b) They were barefoot.
(c) They were shackled at the ankles.
(d) They were bound side-by-side.
9. What key piece of evidence does Scarpetta learn was found at the murder site?
(a) An ace of spades was found in Deborah's purse.
(b) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's purse.
(c) A jack of hearts was found near Fred Cheney.
(d) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's pants pocket.
10. As Chapter 2 opens, Kay Scarpetta is invited to lunch by whom?
(a) Deborah Harvey.
(b) Pete Marino.
(c) Bob Harvey.
(d) Pat Harvey.
11. What disguise do Scarpetta and the investigators think a serial killer might be using to lure victims?
(a) Posing as a police officer.
(b) Posing as rest stop employee.
(c) Posing as a gas station attendant.
(d) Posing as a member of the military.
12. Who else does Scarpetta visit in Washington, DC after seeing Dr. Vessey?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Benton Wesley.
(d) Pete Marino.
13. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
(a) The publisher of the Washington Post.
(b) Her friend, Abby Turnbull.
(c) The CIA director.
(d) The psychic, Hilda Ozimek.
14. Where does Scarpetta run into Pat Harvey?
(a) In Richmond.
(b) In Washington, DC.
(c) At a holiday party.
(d) In Williamsburg, VA.
15. Who does Pat Harvey suspect is behind the murder of her daughter?
(a) The FBI and other government agencies.
(b) The Mexican government.
(c) The Richmond police.
(d) The Panamanian government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hilda describe the individual that she "sees" with Fred and Deborah when they disappeared?
2. Who else heard Deborah and Fred being directed to the rest area?
3. At lunch, what is one theory the investigators discuss about the disappearance of the teens?
4. What is the name of Scarpetta's sometime lover?
5. What place do Scarpetta and Marino visit after returning from South Carolina?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)