|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the Washington, DC area does Dr. Alex Vessey work?
(a) At the Maryland Medical Examiner's Office.
(b) At Walter Reed Hospital.
(c) At the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History.
(d) At the Pentagon.
2. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
(a) Abby Turnbull.
(b) Hilda Ozimek.
(c) Bruce Cheney.
(d) Pat Harvey.
3. What does Pat Harvey threaten to do if Scarpetta doesn't give her what she asked for?
(a) Get Scarpetta fired.
(b) File an official complaint with the Virginia Medical Board.
(c) Get Scarpetta's medical license revoked.
(d) Get a court order.
4. Why is Scarpetta angry with Abby?
(a) Abby is angry with her.
(b) Abby is secretly seeing her lover.
(c) Abby used her to get information.
(d) Abby saw teens on night they disappeared.
5. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
(a) She doesn't know Scarpetta and Marino were coming.
(b) She doesn't have enough money for gas.
(c) She doesn't drive anymore.
(d) Her car is in for repairs.
6. What famous Virginia location is close to the Globe and Laurel?
(a) Williamsburg, Virginia
(b) Richmond, Virginia
(c) Quantico, Virginia
(d) Vienna, Virginia
7. Why does Marino think Deborah and Fred walked slowly into the woods?
(a) They were bound side-by-side.
(b) They were shackled at the ankles.
(c) They had hoods over their heads.
(d) They were barefoot.
8. Who calls Dr. Sessions about the murders of Deborah and Fred?
(a) Director of the FBI.
(b) Clifford Ring.
(c) Abby Turnbull.
(d) Director of the CIA.
9. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) Fred's driver's license.
(b) Deborah's purse.
(c) A small can of mace.
(d) A knife.
10. Where were the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney found?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) In a boat.
(c) In a swamp.
(d) In the woods.
11. When Scarpetta is paged, what does she learn?
(a) Two bodies have been found.
(b) The missing teens were found at a motel.
(c) The missing teens have been spotted in Mexico.
(d) The serial killer has been identified.
12. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
(a) Have a baby.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Hire a bodyguard.
(d) Go with him to Colorado.
13. In the murders of Deborah and Fred, who does Marino think was killed first?
(a) Fred and Deborah were killed together.
(b) Fred Cheney.
(c) Deborah Harvey.
(d) Killer forced Fred to shoot Deborah.
14. Why does Scarpetta take the bones of Fred and Deborah to Washington, DC?
(a) She wanted to confer with Dr. Vessey at the Smithsonian.
(b) She wanted to have the chief forensic specialist at Walter Reed Hospital examine the remains.
(c) She wanted to deliver the remains to the funeral home Pat Harvey had selected.
(d) She wanted to take the bones to the FBI lab.
15. Who else does Scarpetta visit in Washington, DC after seeing Dr. Vessey?
(a) Benton Wesley.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Pete Marino.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scarpetta also learns one of the missing teens had what kind of medical procedure?
2. Where does Scarpetta run into Pat Harvey?
3. What is confirmed to Scarpetta at the luncheon meeting at the Globe and Laurel?
4. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Fred Cheney, what does Hilda immediately know?
5. Who found the bodies of Deborah and Fred?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)