|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scarpetta learns the missing teens were varsity athletes in what sports?
(a) Rugby and basketball.
(b) Gymnastic and swimming.
(c) Basketball and soccer.
(d) Football and tennis.
2. When Scarpetta examines the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney in the woods, what does she notice?
(a) The bodies had been lying in a pond.
(b) Body parts had been scattered.
(c) The bodies had been moved.
(d) The bones were mixed together in a jumbled heap.
3. As the story opens, where is the crime scene investigation taking place?
(a) In an apartment building near the Richmond airport.
(b) At a resort in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley.
(c) A beach house on the coast of North Carolina.
(d) A rest stop off highway I-64.
4. What object does Scarpetta learn was left in the abandoned cars of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) A single rose.
(b) An ace of spades.
(c) A jack of hearts.
(d) A glove.
5. What do toxicology reports on the teen victims reveal about drugs?
(a) The reports were positive for drugs.
(b) The reports were inconclusive.
(c) A "designer" drug was present.
(d) The reports were negative for drugs.
6. Where does Scarpetta run into Pat Harvey?
(a) In Williamsburg, VA.
(b) At a holiday party.
(c) In Washington, DC.
(d) In Richmond.
7. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Have a baby.
(c) Hire a bodyguard.
(d) Go with him to Colorado.
8. What does Pete Marino think about Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
(a) He thinks she's working for the CIA.
(b) He doesn't like or trust her.
(c) He thinks she's an FBI informant.
(d) He thinks she's an ace reporter.
9. Who is writing a book about the murdered couples?
(a) Benton Wesley.
(b) Pete Marino.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
10. Where does Scarpetta go for exercise?
(a) An indoor skating rink.
(b) An indoor tennis club.
(c) An indoor track.
(d) An indoor pool.
11. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
(a) Abby Turnbull.
(b) Hilda Ozimek.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Bruce Cheney.
12. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
(a) She doesn't drive anymore.
(b) She doesn't have enough money for gas.
(c) Her car is in for repairs.
(d) She doesn't know Scarpetta and Marino were coming.
13. What were the names of the two teenagers reported missing?
(a) Pat Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(b) Deborah Harvey and Pete Marino.
(c) Pat Harvey and Bob Harvey.
(d) Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney.
14. Who is sitting with Pat Harvey at the press conference?
(a) Pat Harvey's husband.
(c) The president.
(d) Bruce Cheney.
15. What do Scarpetta and Marino take with them on a field investigation?
(a) A metal detector and a rake.
(b) Files from other unsolved murders.
(c) A sweatshirt and a belt.
(d) An article on guerrilla warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarpetta learn about Abby Turnbull?
2. What personal item of one of the missing teens was found at the crime scene?
3. Why does Marino think Deborah and Fred walked slowly into the woods?
4. Who directed Deborah and Fred to the rest area where their car was later found?
5. What caused the intense reaction by one of the search and rescue dogs at the crime scene?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)