|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jay Morrell confess to Marino?
(a) He planted the cartridge casing Scarpetta found.
(b) He planted a gun that Scarpetta found.
(c) He planted clothing with a bullet hole that Scarpetta found.
(d) He planted a dead dog that Scarpetta found.
2. In what war did American soldiers leave an object similar to the one found in the abandoned cars of the murdered teen couples?
(a) The Korean War
(b) World War II
(c) The First Gulf War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
3. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Scarpetta's supervisor.
(c) The president.
(d) The Army.
4. Which character is nicknamed the "drug czar" by the media?
(a) Bob Harvey.
(b) Benton Wesley.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Pat Harvey.
5. Scarpetta also learns one of the missing teens had what kind of medical procedure?
(a) A tonsillectomy.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) An appendectomy.
(d) A knee operation.
6. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
(a) The identity of the serial killer.
(b) The killer's calling card.
(c) The involvement of drug gangs.
(d) The cause of death.
7. What famous Virginia location is close to the Globe and Laurel?
(a) Quantico, Virginia
(b) Vienna, Virginia
(c) Williamsburg, Virginia
(d) Richmond, Virginia
8. What is confirmed to Scarpetta at the luncheon meeting at the Globe and Laurel?
(a) The spent cartridge case was planted.
(b) There was no gun.
(c) A knife was found at the murder site.
(d) A scrap of material was found in the Jeep.
9. What does Hilda tell Scarpetta she can see around people?
10. At a press conference, what does Pat Harvey divulge regarding her family?
(a) Deborah was adopted.
(b) Deborah was pregnant.
(c) Deborah and Fred were actually married.
(d) Her family had been threatened.
11. Who does Pat Harvey suspect is behind the murder of her daughter?
(a) The Panamanian government.
(b) The Mexican government.
(c) The Richmond police.
(d) The FBI and other government agencies.
12. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
(a) She doesn't know Scarpetta and Marino were coming.
(b) Her car is in for repairs.
(c) She doesn't have enough money for gas.
(d) She doesn't drive anymore.
13. Why were police called to the crime scene?
(a) Two swimmers were reported missing.
(b) An abandoned Jeep Cherokee was found.
(c) An abandoned row boat was discovered.
(d) A foul odor was disturbing neighbors.
14. In the murders of Deborah and Fred, who does Marino think was killed first?
(a) Killer forced Fred to shoot Deborah.
(b) Fred and Deborah were killed together.
(c) Fred Cheney.
(d) Deborah Harvey.
15. Who calls Dr. Sessions about the murders of Deborah and Fred?
(a) Director of the CIA.
(b) Director of the FBI.
(c) Clifford Ring.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Scarpetta is paged, what does she learn?
2. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
3. What does Scarpetta learn about Abby Turnbull?
4. What is one theory for the reason the couples were murdered in the series of unsolved cases?
5. Who does Scarpetta call after returning home from Washington, DC?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)