|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Scarpetta and Marino take with them on a field investigation?
(a) A metal detector and a rake.
(b) Files from other unsolved murders.
(c) A sweatshirt and a belt.
(d) An article on guerrilla warfare.
2. What is covering the area where Marino and Scarpetta believe Deborah was shot?
(d) Poison ivy.
3. Which missing teen's mother is dead?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Fred Cheney.
(c) Bob Harvey.
(d) Pete Marino.
4. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Fred Cheney, what does Hilda immediately know?
(a) Fred had a fight with Pat Harvey.
(b) Fred is dead.
(c) Fred was in Las Vegas.
(d) Fred and Deborah had a fight.
5. During the autopsy, what important detail does Scarpetta discover about Deborah's spine?
(a) A bullet was lodged in the vertebrae.
(b) A small nail lodged in her spine.
(c) Three vertebrae were fused.
(d) A serious deformity.
6. Why is Scarpetta angry with Abby?
(a) Abby is angry with her.
(b) Abby used her to get information.
(c) Abby saw teens on night they disappeared.
(d) Abby is secretly seeing her lover.
7. What charity organization does Pat Harvey suspect is front for drug trafficking?
(a) Latin Americans for Peace.
8. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
(a) The CIA director.
(b) The psychic, Hilda Ozimek.
(c) The publisher of the Washington Post.
(d) Her friend, Abby Turnbull.
9. What disguise do Scarpetta and the investigators think a serial killer might be using to lure victims?
(a) Posing as rest stop employee.
(b) Posing as a police officer.
(c) Posing as a member of the military.
(d) Posing as a gas station attendant.
10. What object does Scarpetta learn was left in the abandoned cars of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) A glove.
(b) A single rose.
(c) A jack of hearts.
(d) An ace of spades.
11. What caused the intense reaction by one of the search and rescue dogs at the crime scene?
(a) Reaction to the handler's behavior.
(b) The dog was getting sick.
(c) Reaction to a strong scent of human pheromones.
(d) Reaction to a skunk.
12. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Hilda Ozimek.
(c) Abby Turnbull.
(d) Bruce Cheney.
13. How did the mother of one of the missing teens describe her teenager?
(a) Very undisciplined.
(b) Very lazy.
(c) Very private.
(d) Very messy.
14. What did Hilda Ozimek predict almost to the day that the FBI ignored?
(a) Shooting of Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Shooting of President Reagan.
(c) Shooting of John Lennon.
(d) Shooting of John F. Kennedy.
15. What were the names of the two teenagers reported missing?
(a) Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(b) Deborah Harvey and Pete Marino.
(c) Pat Harvey and Bob Harvey.
(d) Pat Harvey and Fred Cheney.
Short Answer Questions
1. At lunch, what is one theory the investigators discuss about the disappearance of the teens?
2. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
3. What does Wesley Benton ask Scarpetta to do with the results of the autopsy?
4. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
5. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)