|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jay Morrell confess to Marino?
(a) He planted clothing with a bullet hole that Scarpetta found.
(b) He planted a gun that Scarpetta found.
(c) He planted the cartridge casing Scarpetta found.
(d) He planted a dead dog that Scarpetta found.
2. In the murders of Deborah and Fred, who does Marino think was killed first?
(a) Fred Cheney.
(b) Deborah Harvey.
(c) Killer forced Fred to shoot Deborah.
(d) Fred and Deborah were killed together.
3. Where does Scarpetta run into Pat Harvey?
(a) At a holiday party.
(b) In Williamsburg, VA.
(c) In Richmond.
(d) In Washington, DC.
4. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Deborah, what does Hilda immediately know?
(a) Deborah was in a motel.
(b) Deborah is dead.
(c) Deborah was angry at her mother.
(d) Deborah and Fred had a fight.
5. Who is Hilda Ozimek referring to when she uses the phrase, "defender, someone who does battle"?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(d) Jack of hearts.
6. Which missing teen's mother is dead?
(a) Fred Cheney.
(b) Bob Harvey.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Pat Harvey.
7. What was found in an ice chest at the crime scene?
8. Who is sitting with Pat Harvey at the press conference?
(b) Bruce Cheney.
(c) The president.
(d) Pat Harvey's husband.
9. What happened to Abby Turnbull's sister?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) She became an alcoholic.
(c) She got into drugs.
(d) She went to prison.
10. Why is Scarpetta angry with Abby?
(a) Abby is angry with her.
(b) Abby used her to get information.
(c) Abby is secretly seeing her lover.
(d) Abby saw teens on night they disappeared.
11. Scarpetta also learns one of the missing teens had what kind of medical procedure?
(a) An appendectomy.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) A tonsillectomy.
(d) A knee operation.
12. What do Scarpetta and Turnbull believe Camp Peary might be?
(a) Training ground for the Marines.
(b) Training ground for CIA agents.
(c) Training ground for the Virginia National Guard.
(d) Training ground for the Green Berets.
13. Who calls Dr. Sessions about the murders of Deborah and Fred?
(a) Director of the CIA.
(b) Clifford Ring.
(c) Director of the FBI.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
14. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
(a) She doesn't drive anymore.
(b) She doesn't have enough money for gas.
(c) Her car is in for repairs.
(d) She doesn't know Scarpetta and Marino were coming.
15. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
(a) Hire a bodyguard.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Go with him to Colorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarpetta meet at the Globe and Laurel?
2. What object does Scarpetta learn was left in the abandoned cars of the other murdered teen couples?
3. What holiday weekend is being observed when the story opens?
4. What paper does Abby work for?
5. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)