|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does Scarpetta visit in Washington, DC after seeing Dr. Vessey?
(a) Benton Wesley.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Pat Harvey.
2. What is the name of Scarpetta's sometime lover?
3. Which character is nicknamed the "drug czar" by the media?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Benton Wesley.
(d) Bob Harvey.
4. Scarpetta learns the missing teens were varsity athletes in what sports?
(a) Basketball and soccer.
(b) Football and tennis.
(c) Rugby and basketball.
(d) Gymnastic and swimming.
5. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
(a) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded car.
(b) Bodies are always found in an abandoned car.
(c) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded boat.
(d) Bodies are always found in an abandoned boat.
6. Where does Scarpetta go for exercise?
(a) An indoor skating rink.
(b) An indoor tennis club.
(c) An indoor pool.
(d) An indoor track.
7. Who does Pat Harvey suspect is behind the murder of her daughter?
(a) The Richmond police.
(b) The Mexican government.
(c) The Panamanian government.
(d) The FBI and other government agencies.
8. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
(a) Her friend, Abby Turnbull.
(b) The CIA director.
(c) The psychic, Hilda Ozimek.
(d) The publisher of the Washington Post.
9. Who found the bodies of Deborah and Fred?
(a) A cemetery caretaker.
(d) Search and rescue dogs.
10. What key piece of evidence does Scarpetta learn was found at the murder site?
(a) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's pants pocket.
(b) A jack of hearts was found near Fred Cheney.
(c) An ace of spades was found in Deborah's purse.
(d) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's purse.
11. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) Cigarette butts with filter paper peeled away.
(b) A disposable lighter.
(c) A ball point pen.
(d) A cheap, plastic cigarette holder.
12. In all of the unsolved teen murders, Scarpetta has not been able to do what?
(a) Identify the victims.
(b) Perform an autopsy.
(c) Determine the cause of death.
(d) Speak to parents.
13. What does Jay Morrell confess to Marino?
(a) He planted clothing with a bullet hole that Scarpetta found.
(b) He planted a dead dog that Scarpetta found.
(c) He planted the cartridge casing Scarpetta found.
(d) He planted a gun that Scarpetta found.
14. At lunch, Scarpetta is asked if she believes what about the missing teens?
(a) They are playing a prank.
(b) They are victims of a serial killer.
(c) They have eloped .
(d) They have joined a cult.
15. What does Hilda tell Scarpetta she can see around people?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Scarpetta, why did Wesley move the bodies of Deborah and Fred in violation of procedure?
2. Who calls Dr. Sessions about the murders of Deborah and Fred?
3. What accusation does Pat Harvey level against the US Justice Department?
4. Who is the main character introduced first in this chapter?
5. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)