|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hilda Ozimek predict almost to the day that the FBI ignored?
(a) Shooting of Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Shooting of President Reagan.
(c) Shooting of John F. Kennedy.
(d) Shooting of John Lennon.
2. As the story opens, where is the crime scene investigation taking place?
(a) In an apartment building near the Richmond airport.
(b) At a resort in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley.
(c) A rest stop off highway I-64.
(d) A beach house on the coast of North Carolina.
3. What did Scarpetta say about the skulls of Deborah and Fred?
(a) The skulls were an odd color.
(b) The skulls were smaller than normal.
(c) The skulls weren't fractured.
(d) The skulls had a large dent.
4. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
(a) Her friend, Abby Turnbull.
(b) The psychic, Hilda Ozimek.
(c) The publisher of the Washington Post.
(d) The CIA director.
5. Who is sitting with Pat Harvey at the press conference?
(a) The president.
(c) Pat Harvey's husband.
(d) Bruce Cheney.
6. What were the names of the two teenagers reported missing?
(a) Deborah Harvey and Pete Marino.
(b) Pat Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(c) Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(d) Pat Harvey and Bob Harvey.
7. Who else does Scarpetta visit in Washington, DC after seeing Dr. Vessey?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Benton Wesley.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
8. What holiday weekend is being observed when the story opens?
(a) Fourth of July weekend.
(b) Thanksgiving weekend.
(c) Memorial Day weekend.
(d) Labor Day weekend.
9. Who does Pat Harvey suspect is behind the murder of her daughter?
(a) The Richmond police.
(b) The Panamanian government.
(c) The Mexican government.
(d) The FBI and other government agencies.
10. What does Jay Morrell confess to Marino?
(a) He planted the cartridge casing Scarpetta found.
(b) He planted a dead dog that Scarpetta found.
(c) He planted a gun that Scarpetta found.
(d) He planted clothing with a bullet hole that Scarpetta found.
11. Why do Scarpetta and Marino fly to South Carolina?
(a) To learn more about the CIA.
(b) To learn more about Fred Cheney's family.
(c) To find out where Marino's estranged wife is living.
(d) To learn more about the serial killer and victims.
12. Where in the Washington, DC area does Dr. Alex Vessey work?
(a) At Walter Reed Hospital.
(b) At the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History.
(c) At the Pentagon.
(d) At the Maryland Medical Examiner's Office.
13. Who calls Scarpetta at home in the evening on the day Fred and Deborah's bodies were found?
(b) Abby Turnbul.
(c) Fred Cheney's father.
(d) Pat Harvey.
14. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
(a) She doesn't have enough money for gas.
(b) She doesn't drive anymore.
(c) She doesn't know Scarpetta and Marino were coming.
(d) Her car is in for repairs.
15. What is the main character's occupation?
(a) Search and rescue team leader.
(b) Investigator with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(c) Chief medical examiner for the state of Virginia.
(d) Homicide detective on the Richmond police force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scarpetta and Turnbull believe Camp Peary might be?
2. What accusation does Pat Harvey level against the US Justice Department?
3. What disguise do Scarpetta and the investigators think a serial killer might be using to lure victims?
4. What does Wesley Benton ask Scarpetta to do with the results of the autopsy?
5. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)