|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Scarpetta say about the skulls of Deborah and Fred?
(a) The skulls were an odd color.
(b) The skulls weren't fractured.
(c) The skulls were smaller than normal.
(d) The skulls had a large dent.
2. What is one theory for the reason the couples were murdered in the series of unsolved cases?
(a) The couples were recreational drug users.
(b) The couples were expecting a baby.
(c) The couples were inexperienced boaters.
(d) The couples were inexperienced hikers.
3. What was found in an ice chest at the crime scene?
4. Who is writing a book about the murdered couples?
(a) Abby Turnbull.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Benton Wesley.
(d) Pete Marino.
5. What town in South Carolina are Scarpetta and Marino looking for?
(a) West Point, South Carolina.
(b) Six Mile, South Carolina.
(c) West Bend, South Carolina.
(d) Beaufort, South Carolina.
6. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
(a) Bruce Cheney.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Hilda Ozimek.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
7. In Chapter 1, all the bodies in a series of unsolved murders were found within a 50-mile radius of which location?
8. What do Scarpetta and Marino take with them on a field investigation?
(a) A sweatshirt and a belt.
(b) A metal detector and a rake.
(c) Files from other unsolved murders.
(d) An article on guerrilla warfare.
9. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
(a) She doesn't have enough money for gas.
(b) She doesn't drive anymore.
(c) Her car is in for repairs.
(d) She doesn't know Scarpetta and Marino were coming.
10. What caused the intense reaction by one of the search and rescue dogs at the crime scene?
(a) Reaction to the handler's behavior.
(b) Reaction to a skunk.
(c) Reaction to a strong scent of human pheromones.
(d) The dog was getting sick.
11. How did the mother of one of the missing teens describe her teenager?
(a) Very messy.
(b) Very lazy.
(c) Very private.
(d) Very undisciplined.
12. Who is sitting with Pat Harvey at the press conference?
(a) The president.
(b) Pat Harvey's husband.
(c) Bruce Cheney.
13. What does Pat Harvey threaten to do if Scarpetta doesn't give her what she asked for?
(a) File an official complaint with the Virginia Medical Board.
(b) Get Scarpetta's medical license revoked.
(c) Get a court order.
(d) Get Scarpetta fired.
14. Why is Scarpetta in Richmond?
(a) To see her lover.
(b) To consult a psychic.
(c) To learn about a legislative bill.
(d) To accept a speaking engagement.
15. What does Scarpetta learn about Hilda Ozimek's findings?
(a) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are okay.
(b) Scarpetta learns nothing.
(c) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens eloped.
(d) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
2. Who are the two investigators Scarpetta lunches with to discuss the missing teens case?
3. In all of the unsolved teen murders, Scarpetta has not been able to do what?
4. Why does Marino think Deborah and Fred walked slowly into the woods?
5. What does Scarpetta learn about Abby Turnbull?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)