|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In all of the unsolved teen murders, Scarpetta has not been able to do what?
(a) Determine the cause of death.
(b) Perform an autopsy.
(c) Identify the victims.
(d) Speak to parents.
2. Who does Scarpetta meet at the Globe and Laurel?
(a) Clifford Ring.
(b) Benton Wesley.
(c) Publisher of the Washington Post.
(d) Chief of the FBI Homicide Investigations Unit.
3. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
(a) Bruce Cheney.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Abby Turnbull.
(d) Hilda Ozimek.
4. Who gave Pat Harvey the tip about the possible drug activities of certain charities?
(a) Her daughter, Deborah.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
5. What did Scarpetta say about the skulls of Deborah and Fred?
(a) The skulls were an odd color.
(b) The skulls were smaller than normal.
(c) The skulls had a large dent.
(d) The skulls weren't fractured.
6. What is the name of the father of one of the missing teens?
(a) Bob Harvey.
(b) Bob Cheney.
(c) Pat Cheney.
(d) Benton Harvey.
7. Where were the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney found?
(a) In a boat.
(b) In a cemetery.
(c) In a swamp.
(d) In the woods.
8. What does Pete Marino think about Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
(a) He doesn't like or trust her.
(b) He thinks she's an ace reporter.
(c) He thinks she's working for the CIA.
(d) He thinks she's an FBI informant.
9. What does Hilda report she "saw" when she was taken to Deborah's abandoned Jeep?
(a) A knotted rope.
(b) Night vision goggles.
(c) A Swiss army knife.
(d) A knife with a serrated blade.
10. At a press conference, what does Pat Harvey divulge regarding her family?
(a) Deborah was pregnant.
(b) Deborah and Fred were actually married.
(c) Deborah was adopted.
(d) Her family had been threatened.
11. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) A disposable lighter.
(b) A cheap, plastic cigarette holder.
(c) Cigarette butts with filter paper peeled away.
(d) A ball point pen.
12. What do Marino and Scarpetta find where Deborah was shot?
(a) An article of her clothing with a bullet hole.
(b) A gun.
(c) A spent cartridge casing.
(d) A dead dog.
13. What personal item of one of the missing teens was found at the crime scene?
(a) A purple scarf.
(b) A red purse.
(c) A black wallet.
(d) A blue backpack.
14. What does Hilda tell Scarpetta she can see around people?
15. Who calls Dr. Sessions about the murders of Deborah and Fred?
(a) Director of the FBI.
(b) Clifford Ring.
(c) Abby Turnbull.
(d) Director of the CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do toxicology reports on the teen victims reveal about drugs?
2. What did Scarpetta notice both Fred and Deborah were missing?
3. According to Scarpetta, why did Wesley move the bodies of Deborah and Fred in violation of procedure?
4. Scarpetta also learns one of the missing teens had what kind of medical procedure?
5. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)