|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
(a) The involvement of drug gangs.
(b) The cause of death.
(c) The killer's calling card.
(d) The identity of the serial killer.
2. What key piece of evidence does Scarpetta learn was found at the murder site?
(a) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's purse.
(b) A jack of hearts was found near Fred Cheney.
(c) An ace of spades was found in Deborah's purse.
(d) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's pants pocket.
3. Who is the main character introduced first in this chapter?
(a) Bob Harvey.
(b) Kay Scarpetta.
(c) Deborah Harvey.
(d) Pete Marino.
4. Which character is nicknamed the "drug czar" by the media?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Bob Harvey.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Benton Wesley.
5. What is the special name the media has for a series of unsolved murders?
(a) The Teen Mystery Murders.
(b) The Couple Killings.
(c) The Romance Murders.
(d) The Mystery Slayings.
6. Scarpetta also learns one of the missing teens had what kind of medical procedure?
(a) A tonsillectomy.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) A knee operation.
(d) An appendectomy.
7. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Army.
(c) Scarpetta's supervisor.
(d) The president.
8. What do toxicology reports on the teen victims reveal about drugs?
(a) A "designer" drug was present.
(b) The reports were negative for drugs.
(c) The reports were inconclusive.
(d) The reports were positive for drugs.
9. What is the main character's occupation?
(a) Investigator with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(b) Chief medical examiner for the state of Virginia.
(c) Homicide detective on the Richmond police force.
(d) Search and rescue team leader.
10. What does Pat Harvey threaten to do if Scarpetta doesn't give her what she asked for?
(a) File an official complaint with the Virginia Medical Board.
(b) Get Scarpetta fired.
(c) Get Scarpetta's medical license revoked.
(d) Get a court order.
11. Who or what is called Neptune?
(a) A search and rescue helicopter.
(b) A search and rescue Coast Guard cutter.
(c) A search and rescue dolphin.
(d) A search and rescue dog.
12. What object does Scarpetta learn was left in the abandoned cars of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) A jack of hearts.
(b) A single rose.
(c) An ace of spades.
(d) A glove.
13. How did the mother of one of the missing teens describe her teenager?
(a) Very messy.
(b) Very lazy.
(c) Very private.
(d) Very undisciplined.
14. What does Scarpetta learn about Hilda Ozimek's findings?
(a) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are okay.
(b) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens eloped.
(c) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are dead.
(d) Scarpetta learns nothing.
15. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
(a) The psychic, Hilda Ozimek.
(b) Her friend, Abby Turnbull.
(c) The CIA director.
(d) The publisher of the Washington Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accusation does Pat Harvey level against the US Justice Department?
2. What disguise do Scarpetta and the investigators think a serial killer might be using to lure victims?
3. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta about her situation?
4. Scarpetta learns the missing teens were varsity athletes in what sports?
5. What does Scarpetta learn about the missing teens' relationship?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)