|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one theory as to who might have killed Deborah and Fred?
(a) Deborah's former boyfriend.
(b) Fred's former girlfriend.
(c) A hit man working for a drug cartel.
(d) Pat Harvey.
2. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) A knife.
(b) A small can of mace.
(c) Fred's driver's license.
(d) Deborah's purse.
3. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
(a) The psychic, Hilda Ozimek.
(b) Her friend, Abby Turnbull.
(c) The CIA director.
(d) The publisher of the Washington Post.
4. Why does Marino think Deborah and Fred walked slowly into the woods?
(a) They were barefoot.
(b) They were shackled at the ankles.
(c) They had hoods over their heads.
(d) They were bound side-by-side.
5. At a press conference, what does Pat Harvey divulge regarding her family?
(a) Her family had been threatened.
(b) Deborah was pregnant.
(c) Deborah and Fred were actually married.
(d) Deborah was adopted.
6. Why does Scarpetta take the bones of Fred and Deborah to Washington, DC?
(a) She wanted to take the bones to the FBI lab.
(b) She wanted to confer with Dr. Vessey at the Smithsonian.
(c) She wanted to deliver the remains to the funeral home Pat Harvey had selected.
(d) She wanted to have the chief forensic specialist at Walter Reed Hospital examine the remains.
7. What does Jay Morrell confess to Marino?
(a) He planted clothing with a bullet hole that Scarpetta found.
(b) He planted a gun that Scarpetta found.
(c) He planted the cartridge casing Scarpetta found.
(d) He planted a dead dog that Scarpetta found.
8. When Scarpetta examines the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney in the woods, what does she notice?
(a) The bodies had been moved.
(b) The bones were mixed together in a jumbled heap.
(c) Body parts had been scattered.
(d) The bodies had been lying in a pond.
9. What was found in an ice chest at the crime scene?
10. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
(a) The involvement of drug gangs.
(b) The cause of death.
(c) The killer's calling card.
(d) The identity of the serial killer.
11. What do Scarpetta and Turnbull believe Camp Peary might be?
(a) Training ground for the Virginia National Guard.
(b) Training ground for CIA agents.
(c) Training ground for the Green Berets.
(d) Training ground for the Marines.
12. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
(a) Bodies are always found in an abandoned boat.
(b) Bodies are always found in an abandoned car.
(c) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded boat.
(d) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded car.
13. As Chapter 2 opens, Kay Scarpetta is invited to lunch by whom?
(a) Deborah Harvey.
(b) Pete Marino.
(c) Bob Harvey.
(d) Pat Harvey.
14. Where in the Washington, DC area does Dr. Alex Vessey work?
(a) At the Maryland Medical Examiner's Office.
(b) At the Pentagon.
(c) At the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History.
(d) At Walter Reed Hospital.
15. What was found in the other abandoned cars, but missing from Deborah's Jeep?
(a) One white glove.
(b) One white rose.
(c) One red rose.
(d) White cotton fibers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Scarpetta and Marino fly to South Carolina?
2. Which missing teen's mother is dead?
3. What is the name of the father of one of the missing teens?
4. In all of the unsolved teen murders, Scarpetta has not been able to do what?
5. What does Pat Harvey threaten to do if Scarpetta doesn't give her what she asked for?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)