|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta about her situation?
(a) She should take a vacation.
(b) She doesn't know anything about the missing teens.
(c) She's being followed.
(d) She deserves a pay raise for her work.
2. What do toxicology reports on the teen victims reveal about drugs?
(a) The reports were inconclusive.
(b) The reports were positive for drugs.
(c) The reports were negative for drugs.
(d) A "designer" drug was present.
3. What happened to Abby Turnbull's sister?
(a) She went to prison.
(b) She became an alcoholic.
(c) She got into drugs.
(d) She was murdered.
4. How does Hilda describe the individual that she "sees" with Fred and Deborah when they disappeared?
(a) A tall, powerfully built man wearing a baseball cap.
(b) A small, dark-skinned man wearing a baseball cap.
(c) A slender, dark-complected man of medium height.
(d) A slender, light-complected man of medium height.
5. What does Pat Harvey threaten to do if Scarpetta doesn't give her what she asked for?
(a) File an official complaint with the Virginia Medical Board.
(b) Get Scarpetta's medical license revoked.
(c) Get a court order.
(d) Get Scarpetta fired.
6. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) Deborah's purse.
(b) Fred's driver's license.
(c) A small can of mace.
(d) A knife.
7. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) A ball point pen.
(b) Cigarette butts with filter paper peeled away.
(c) A disposable lighter.
(d) A cheap, plastic cigarette holder.
8. What does the firearms expert tell Scarpetta about the bullet found in Deborah's spine?
(a) It has not been produced for decades.
(b) It is often found in victims of gang murders.
(c) It was manufactured in Latin America.
(d) It is similar to ones used by federal authorities.
9. Scarpetta also learns one of the missing teens had what kind of medical procedure?
(a) A tonsillectomy.
(b) A knee operation.
(c) Plastic surgery.
(d) An appendectomy.
10. How does Hilda describe an object still at the site where Deborah and Fred were found?
(a) Something metal that has to do with war.
(b) An object shaped like a screwdriver.
(c) An object shaped like a small pistol.
(d) Something long, slender, and very dangerous.
11. Where in the Washington, DC area does Dr. Alex Vessey work?
(a) At the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History.
(b) At the Maryland Medical Examiner's Office.
(c) At Walter Reed Hospital.
(d) At the Pentagon.
12. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
(a) The involvement of drug gangs.
(b) The killer's calling card.
(c) The identity of the serial killer.
(d) The cause of death.
13. What does Hilda tell Scarpetta she can see around people?
14. In what war did American soldiers leave an object similar to the one found in the abandoned cars of the murdered teen couples?
(a) World War II
(b) The First Gulf War.
(c) The Korean War
(d) The Vietnam War.
15. Who directed Deborah and Fred to the rest area where their car was later found?
(a) Deborah's mother.
(b) A gas station attendant.
(c) Fred's mother.
(d) A convenience store clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one theory for the reason the couples were murdered in the series of unsolved cases?
2. What did Scarpetta notice both Fred and Deborah were missing?
3. How did the mother of one of the missing teens describe her teenager?
4. Who or what is called Neptune?
5. At lunch, Scarpetta is asked if she believes what about the missing teens?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)