|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is nicknamed the "drug czar" by the media?
(a) Benton Wesley.
(b) Bob Harvey.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Pete Marino.
2. What is one theory for the reason the couples were murdered in the series of unsolved cases?
(a) The couples were inexperienced boaters.
(b) The couples were expecting a baby.
(c) The couples were recreational drug users.
(d) The couples were inexperienced hikers.
3. What key piece of evidence does Scarpetta learn was found at the murder site?
(a) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's purse.
(b) An ace of spades was found in Deborah's purse.
(c) A jack of hearts was found near Fred Cheney.
(d) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's pants pocket.
4. What was found in the other abandoned cars, but missing from Deborah's Jeep?
(a) One white glove.
(b) One white rose.
(c) White cotton fibers.
(d) One red rose.
5. As the story opens, where is the crime scene investigation taking place?
(a) A rest stop off highway I-64.
(b) A beach house on the coast of North Carolina.
(c) At a resort in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley.
(d) In an apartment building near the Richmond airport.
6. What does the firearms expert tell Scarpetta about the bullet found in Deborah's spine?
(a) It is often found in victims of gang murders.
(b) It has not been produced for decades.
(c) It is similar to ones used by federal authorities.
(d) It was manufactured in Latin America.
7. What is the name of Scarpetta's sometime lover?
8. What do Scarpetta and Turnbull believe Camp Peary might be?
(a) Training ground for the Virginia National Guard.
(b) Training ground for the Marines.
(c) Training ground for CIA agents.
(d) Training ground for the Green Berets.
9. What does Scarpetta learn about Hilda Ozimek's findings?
(a) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are okay.
(b) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens eloped.
(c) Scarpetta learns nothing.
(d) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are dead.
10. What does Hilda report she "saw" when she was taken to Deborah's abandoned Jeep?
(a) A knotted rope.
(b) A Swiss army knife.
(c) A knife with a serrated blade.
(d) Night vision goggles.
11. What did Scarpetta notice both Fred and Deborah were missing?
(a) Their wallets.
(b) Shoes and socks.
(c) All of their clothing.
(d) All of their teeth.
12. How does Hilda describe the individual that she "sees" with Fred and Deborah when they disappeared?
(a) A slender, dark-complected man of medium height.
(b) A tall, powerfully built man wearing a baseball cap.
(c) A slender, light-complected man of medium height.
(d) A small, dark-skinned man wearing a baseball cap.
13. Who does Scarpetta call after returning home from Washington, DC?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Benton Wesley.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Mark James.
14. Who gave Pat Harvey the tip about the possible drug activities of certain charities?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) The CIA.
(d) Her daughter, Deborah.
15. What happened to Abby Turnbull's sister?
(a) She became an alcoholic.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) She got into drugs.
(d) She went to prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarpetta asking Dr. Vessey to examine?
2. What is confirmed to Scarpetta at the luncheon meeting at the Globe and Laurel?
3. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
4. Who is writing a book about the murdered couples?
5. What were the names of the two teenagers reported missing?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)