|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is writing a book about the murdered couples?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Benton Wesley.
2. What do toxicology reports on the teen victims reveal about drugs?
(a) A "designer" drug was present.
(b) The reports were inconclusive.
(c) The reports were positive for drugs.
(d) The reports were negative for drugs.
3. Who calls Dr. Sessions about the murders of Deborah and Fred?
(a) Director of the FBI.
(b) Director of the CIA.
(c) Abby Turnbull.
(d) Clifford Ring.
4. Scarpetta also learns one of the missing teens had what kind of medical procedure?
(a) An appendectomy.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) A tonsillectomy.
(d) A knee operation.
5. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
(a) The identity of the serial killer.
(b) The cause of death.
(c) The killer's calling card.
(d) The involvement of drug gangs.
6. Who does Scarpetta meet at the Globe and Laurel?
(a) Benton Wesley.
(b) Publisher of the Washington Post.
(c) Chief of the FBI Homicide Investigations Unit.
(d) Clifford Ring.
7. What did Scarpetta notice both Fred and Deborah were missing?
(a) Their wallets.
(b) All of their teeth.
(c) All of their clothing.
(d) Shoes and socks.
8. How does Hilda describe an object still at the site where Deborah and Fred were found?
(a) An object shaped like a screwdriver.
(b) Something metal that has to do with war.
(c) An object shaped like a small pistol.
(d) Something long, slender, and very dangerous.
9. Who is Hilda Ozimek referring to when she uses the phrase, "defender, someone who does battle"?
(b) Jack of hearts.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Pete Marino.
10. What does Pat Harvey want Scarpetta to give her?
(a) Photos of locations where other victims were found.
(b) Autopsy reports on the other teen victims.
(c) Deborah's autopsy report.
(d) A police photo of the location where Deborah's body was found.
11. What does Jay Morrell confess to Marino?
(a) He planted clothing with a bullet hole that Scarpetta found.
(b) He planted the cartridge casing Scarpetta found.
(c) He planted a dead dog that Scarpetta found.
(d) He planted a gun that Scarpetta found.
12. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta about her situation?
(a) She should take a vacation.
(b) She's being followed.
(c) She doesn't know anything about the missing teens.
(d) She deserves a pay raise for her work.
13. What does Scarpetta learn about Abby Turnbull?
(a) She's writing a book.
(b) She's gone to Europe.
(c) She's having a baby.
(d) She's teaching.
14. Why do Scarpetta and Marino fly to South Carolina?
(a) To learn more about the CIA.
(b) To find out where Marino's estranged wife is living.
(c) To learn more about Fred Cheney's family.
(d) To learn more about the serial killer and victims.
15. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) A knife.
(b) A small can of mace.
(c) Deborah's purse.
(d) Fred's driver's license.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is covering the area where Marino and Scarpetta believe Deborah was shot?
2. What does Hilda report she "saw" when she was taken to Deborah's abandoned Jeep?
3. What caused the intense reaction by one of the search and rescue dogs at the crime scene?
4. What do Scarpetta and Turnbull believe Camp Peary might be?
5. Why is Scarpetta angry with Abby?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)