|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the names of the two teenagers reported missing?
(a) Deborah Harvey and Pete Marino.
(b) Pat Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(c) Pat Harvey and Bob Harvey.
(d) Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney.
2. What do toxicology reports on the teen victims reveal about drugs?
(a) The reports were negative for drugs.
(b) A "designer" drug was present.
(c) The reports were inconclusive.
(d) The reports were positive for drugs.
3. Who calls Dr. Sessions about the murders of Deborah and Fred?
(a) Director of the FBI.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Clifford Ring.
(d) Director of the CIA.
4. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
(a) The Army.
(b) The president.
(c) Scarpetta's supervisor.
(d) The FBI.
5. When Scarpetta is paged, what does she learn?
(a) Two bodies have been found.
(b) The missing teens have been spotted in Mexico.
(c) The serial killer has been identified.
(d) The missing teens were found at a motel.
6. What is the occupation of Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
(b) Newspaper reporter.
(c) CIA agent.
(d) FBI undercover agent.
7. Which missing teen's mother is dead?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Fred Cheney.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Bob Harvey.
8. What happens when Scarpetta speaks to her lover on the phone?
(a) They both hear a gunshot.
(b) They decide to get married.
(c) They have a fight.
(d) They plan a vacation together.
9. What does Pete Marino think about Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
(a) He thinks she's an ace reporter.
(b) He thinks she's working for the CIA.
(c) He doesn't like or trust her.
(d) He thinks she's an FBI informant.
10. Who or what is called Neptune?
(a) A search and rescue dolphin.
(b) A search and rescue dog.
(c) A search and rescue helicopter.
(d) A search and rescue Coast Guard cutter.
11. During the autopsy, what important detail does Scarpetta discover about Deborah's spine?
(a) A bullet was lodged in the vertebrae.
(b) Three vertebrae were fused.
(c) A serious deformity.
(d) A small nail lodged in her spine.
12. Why does Marino think Deborah and Fred walked slowly into the woods?
(a) They were barefoot.
(b) They were shackled at the ankles.
(c) They were bound side-by-side.
(d) They had hoods over their heads.
13. In the murders of Deborah and Fred, who does Marino think was killed first?
(a) Deborah Harvey.
(b) Killer forced Fred to shoot Deborah.
(c) Fred and Deborah were killed together.
(d) Fred Cheney.
14. Who does Pat Harvey suspect is behind the murder of her daughter?
(a) The FBI and other government agencies.
(b) The Panamanian government.
(c) The Richmond police.
(d) The Mexican government.
15. Which character is nicknamed the "drug czar" by the media?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Bob Harvey.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Benton Wesley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character introduced first in this chapter?
2. Why does Scarpetta take the bones of Fred and Deborah to Washington, DC?
3. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
4. Who is sitting with Pat Harvey at the press conference?
5. What is the name of the father of one of the missing teens?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)