|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town in South Carolina are Scarpetta and Marino looking for?
(a) Six Mile, South Carolina.
(b) West Bend, South Carolina.
(c) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(d) West Point, South Carolina.
2. When Pat Harvey shows Hilda a picture of Deborah, what does Hilda immediately know?
(a) Deborah and Fred had a fight.
(b) Deborah is dead.
(c) Deborah was in a motel.
(d) Deborah was angry at her mother.
3. What disguise do Scarpetta and the investigators think a serial killer might be using to lure victims?
(a) Posing as a member of the military.
(b) Posing as a police officer.
(c) Posing as a gas station attendant.
(d) Posing as rest stop employee.
4. What do toxicology reports on the teen victims reveal about drugs?
(a) A "designer" drug was present.
(b) The reports were positive for drugs.
(c) The reports were inconclusive.
(d) The reports were negative for drugs.
5. How does the mother of one of the missing teens arrive at the crime scene?
(a) By bus.
(b) By helicopter.
(c) By ski-doo.
(d) By motor boat.
6. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
(a) The Army.
(b) Scarpetta's supervisor.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The president.
7. What happened to Abby Turnbull's sister?
(a) She became an alcoholic.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) She got into drugs.
(d) She went to prison.
8. What does Scarpetta learn about Hilda Ozimek's findings?
(a) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are okay.
(b) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are dead.
(c) Scarpetta learns nothing.
(d) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens eloped.
9. Scarpetta learns the missing teens were varsity athletes in what sports?
(a) Football and tennis.
(b) Basketball and soccer.
(c) Gymnastic and swimming.
(d) Rugby and basketball.
10. According to Scarpetta, why did Wesley move the bodies of Deborah and Fred in violation of procedure?
(a) Wesley was looking for signs of rape.
(b) Wesley was looking for the jack of hearts.
(c) Wesley was looking for a weapon.
(d) Wesley was looking for cigarette butts.
11. What does Hilda tell Scarpetta she can see around people?
12. Why does Scarpetta take the bones of Fred and Deborah to Washington, DC?
(a) She wanted to take the bones to the FBI lab.
(b) She wanted to confer with Dr. Vessey at the Smithsonian.
(c) She wanted to have the chief forensic specialist at Walter Reed Hospital examine the remains.
(d) She wanted to deliver the remains to the funeral home Pat Harvey had selected.
13. What famous Virginia location is close to the Globe and Laurel?
(a) Vienna, Virginia
(b) Richmond, Virginia
(c) Quantico, Virginia
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia
14. Who calls Scarpetta at home in the evening on the day Fred and Deborah's bodies were found?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(c) Abby Turnbul.
(d) Fred Cheney's father.
15. Who gave Pat Harvey the tip about the possible drug activities of certain charities?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Her daughter, Deborah.
(c) The CIA.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character's occupation?
2. What place do Scarpetta and Marino visit after returning from South Carolina?
3. As Chapter 2 opens, Kay Scarpetta is invited to lunch by whom?
4. At lunch, what is one theory the investigators discuss about the disappearance of the teens?
5. Why were police called to the crime scene?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)