Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hilda report she "saw" when she was taken to Deborah's abandoned Jeep?
(a) A knotted rope.
(b) A knife with a serrated blade.
(c) Night vision goggles.
(d) A Swiss army knife.
2. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
(a) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded car.
(b) Bodies are always found in an abandoned car.
(c) Bodies are always found in an abandoned boat.
(d) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded boat.
3. What holiday weekend is being observed when the story opens?
(a) Memorial Day weekend.
(b) Fourth of July weekend.
(c) Labor Day weekend.
(d) Thanksgiving weekend.
4. As the story opens, where is the crime scene investigation taking place?
(a) In an apartment building near the Richmond airport.
(b) At a resort in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley.
(c) A beach house on the coast of North Carolina.
(d) A rest stop off highway I-64.
5. At lunch, what is one theory the investigators discuss about the disappearance of the teens?
(a) They were abducted by the Mafia.
(b) They were abducted by people working for a drug cartel.
(c) They went off with friends.
(d) They were placed in the witness protection program.
6. Who calls in the psychic, Hilda Ozimek, on the missing teens' investigation?
(a) Kay Scarpetta.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Pat Harvey.
(d) Pete Marino.
7. Where were the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney found?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) In a boat.
(c) In a swamp.
(d) In the woods.
8. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
(a) Scarpetta's supervisor.
(b) The president.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Army.
9. What do Scarpetta and Turnbull believe Camp Peary might be?
(a) Training ground for the Marines.
(b) Training ground for the Virginia National Guard.
(c) Training ground for CIA agents.
(d) Training ground for the Green Berets.
10. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
(a) Abby Turnbull.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Bruce Cheney.
(d) Hilda Ozimek.
11. Who directed Deborah and Fred to the rest area where their car was later found?
(a) Fred's mother.
(b) A convenience store clerk.
(c) Deborah's mother.
(d) A gas station attendant.
12. When Scarpetta is paged, what does she learn?
(a) The missing teens were found at a motel.
(b) The serial killer has been identified.
(c) The missing teens have been spotted in Mexico.
(d) Two bodies have been found.
13. What key piece of evidence does Scarpetta learn was found at the murder site?
(a) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's purse.
(b) An ace of spades was found in Deborah's purse.
(c) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's pants pocket.
(d) A jack of hearts was found near Fred Cheney.
14. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) Fred's driver's license.
(b) A knife.
(c) A small can of mace.
(d) Deborah's purse.
15. What does Pat Harvey want Scarpetta to give her?
(a) Autopsy reports on the other teen victims.
(b) Deborah's autopsy report.
(c) Photos of locations where other victims were found.
(d) A police photo of the location where Deborah's body was found.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Scarpetta say about the skulls of Deborah and Fred?
2. Who else heard Deborah and Fred being directed to the rest area?
3. Who does Scarpetta meet at the Globe and Laurel?
4. What object belonging to Deborah was handled by the person that gave her directions to the rest stop?
5. What is Scarpetta asking Dr. Vessey to examine?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)