|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is confirmed to Scarpetta at the luncheon meeting at the Globe and Laurel?
(a) A knife was found at the murder site.
(b) A scrap of material was found in the Jeep.
(c) The spent cartridge case was planted.
(d) There was no gun.
2. What does Abby Turnbull tell Scarpetta about her situation?
(a) She deserves a pay raise for her work.
(b) She should take a vacation.
(c) She doesn't know anything about the missing teens.
(d) She's being followed.
3. Who calls in the psychic, Hilda Ozimek, on the missing teens' investigation?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Kay Scarpetta.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
4. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
(a) Bodies are always found in an abandoned boat.
(b) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded car.
(c) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded boat.
(d) Bodies are always found in an abandoned car.
5. Who does Pat Harvey suspect is behind the murder of her daughter?
(a) The Richmond police.
(b) The Panamanian government.
(c) The Mexican government.
(d) The FBI and other government agencies.
6. What does Wesley Benton ask Scarpetta to do with the results of the autopsy?
(a) To withold the autopsy results.
(b) To be sure the autopsy results were not seen by the CIA.
(c) To release the autopsy results immediately.
(d) To change the cause of death for Deborah Harvey.
7. What place do Scarpetta and Marino visit after returning from South Carolina?
(a) The location where bodies of Deborah and Fred were found.
(b) The office of the chief of military intelligence at the Pentagon.
(c) The DNA lab at FBI headquarters.
(d) The forensic lab at the Smithsonian.
8. What paper does Abby work for?
(a) The Baltimore Sun.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The Richmond Times.
(d) The Washington Post.
9. What is the occupation of Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
(a) Newspaper reporter.
(b) CIA agent.
(d) FBI undercover agent.
10. What does Scarpetta learn about Hilda Ozimek's findings?
(a) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens eloped.
(b) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are okay.
(c) Scarpetta learns nothing.
(d) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are dead.
11. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
(a) She doesn't know Scarpetta and Marino were coming.
(b) She doesn't drive anymore.
(c) She doesn't have enough money for gas.
(d) Her car is in for repairs.
12. Who directed Deborah and Fred to the rest area where their car was later found?
(a) A convenience store clerk.
(b) Fred's mother.
(c) Deborah's mother.
(d) A gas station attendant.
13. Who is sitting with Pat Harvey at the press conference?
(b) The president.
(c) Bruce Cheney.
(d) Pat Harvey's husband.
14. What is covering the area where Marino and Scarpetta believe Deborah was shot?
(d) Poison ivy.
15. Who does Scarpetta call after returning home from Washington, DC?
(a) Benton Wesley.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Mark James.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the mother of one of the missing teens arrive at the crime scene?
2. What did Scarpetta say about the skulls of Deborah and Fred?
3. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
4. What was found at the crime scene, alerting investigators the teens had made a stop?
5. What accusation does Pat Harvey level against the US Justice Department?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)