|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hilda Ozimek referring to when she uses the phrase, "defender, someone who does battle"?
(a) Jack of hearts.
(b) Pete Marino.
(d) Pat Harvey.
2. Why is Scarpetta in Richmond?
(a) To learn about a legislative bill.
(b) To accept a speaking engagement.
(c) To see her lover.
(d) To consult a psychic.
3. What is a common feature of all the unsolved murders of teen couples?
(a) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded boat.
(b) Bodies are always found in an abandoned car.
(c) Keys still in the ignition of an abandonded car.
(d) Bodies are always found in an abandoned boat.
4. What object belonging to Deborah was handled by the person that gave her directions to the rest stop?
(a) Her wallet.
(b) Her student identification..
(c) Her driver's license.
(d) Her hairbrush.
5. Why does Scarpetta take the bones of Fred and Deborah to Washington, DC?
(a) She wanted to confer with Dr. Vessey at the Smithsonian.
(b) She wanted to deliver the remains to the funeral home Pat Harvey had selected.
(c) She wanted to take the bones to the FBI lab.
(d) She wanted to have the chief forensic specialist at Walter Reed Hospital examine the remains.
6. Who calls Scarpetta at home in the evening on the day Fred and Deborah's bodies were found?
(a) Fred Cheney's father.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(d) Abby Turnbul.
7. What paper does Abby work for?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Richmond Times.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The Baltimore Sun.
8. As Chapter 2 opens, Kay Scarpetta is invited to lunch by whom?
(a) Bob Harvey.
(b) Pete Marino.
(c) Deborah Harvey.
(d) Pat Harvey.
9. Scarpetta also learns one of the missing teens had what kind of medical procedure?
(a) A tonsillectomy.
(b) An appendectomy.
(c) Plastic surgery.
(d) A knee operation.
10. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) A disposable lighter.
(b) Cigarette butts with filter paper peeled away.
(c) A cheap, plastic cigarette holder.
(d) A ball point pen.
11. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) Bruce Cheney.
(d) Hilda Ozimek.
12. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) Deborah's purse.
(b) Fred's driver's license.
(c) A knife.
(d) A small can of mace.
13. What charity organization does Pat Harvey suspect is front for drug trafficking?
(c) Latin Americans for Peace.
14. Why do Scarpetta and Marino fly to South Carolina?
(a) To learn more about the CIA.
(b) To learn more about Fred Cheney's family.
(c) To find out where Marino's estranged wife is living.
(d) To learn more about the serial killer and victims.
15. What is the special name the media has for a series of unsolved murders?
(a) The Couple Killings.
(b) The Teen Mystery Murders.
(c) The Mystery Slayings.
(d) The Romance Murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous Virginia location is close to the Globe and Laurel?
2. Who else knew what Jay Morrell did?
3. What does Hilda report she "saw" when she was taken to Deborah's abandoned Jeep?
4. Where does Scarpetta go for exercise?
5. What do Scarpetta and Marino bring with them to South Carolina?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)