|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jay Morrell confess to Marino?
(a) He planted a dead dog that Scarpetta found.
(b) He planted the cartridge casing Scarpetta found.
(c) He planted clothing with a bullet hole that Scarpetta found.
(d) He planted a gun that Scarpetta found.
2. What caused the intense reaction by one of the search and rescue dogs at the crime scene?
(a) Reaction to a skunk.
(b) The dog was getting sick.
(c) Reaction to the handler's behavior.
(d) Reaction to a strong scent of human pheromones.
3. What town in South Carolina are Scarpetta and Marino looking for?
(a) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(b) West Point, South Carolina.
(c) Six Mile, South Carolina.
(d) West Bend, South Carolina.
4. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
(a) Her car is in for repairs.
(b) She doesn't have enough money for gas.
(c) She doesn't know Scarpetta and Marino were coming.
(d) She doesn't drive anymore.
5. How does the mother of one of the missing teens arrive at the crime scene?
(a) By bus.
(b) By ski-doo.
(c) By motor boat.
(d) By helicopter.
6. How does Hilda describe the individual that she "sees" with Fred and Deborah when they disappeared?
(a) A slender, dark-complected man of medium height.
(b) A slender, light-complected man of medium height.
(c) A tall, powerfully built man wearing a baseball cap.
(d) A small, dark-skinned man wearing a baseball cap.
7. As Chapter 2 opens, Kay Scarpetta is invited to lunch by whom?
(a) Bob Harvey.
(b) Pete Marino.
(c) Deborah Harvey.
(d) Pat Harvey.
8. What personal item of one of the missing teens was found at the crime scene?
(a) A purple scarf.
(b) A red purse.
(c) A black wallet.
(d) A blue backpack.
9. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) A disposable lighter.
(b) Cigarette butts with filter paper peeled away.
(c) A cheap, plastic cigarette holder.
(d) A ball point pen.
10. What famous Virginia location is close to the Globe and Laurel?
(a) Richmond, Virginia
(b) Vienna, Virginia
(c) Quantico, Virginia
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia
11. What is one theory for the reason the couples were murdered in the series of unsolved cases?
(a) The couples were inexperienced boaters.
(b) The couples were expecting a baby.
(c) The couples were recreational drug users.
(d) The couples were inexperienced hikers.
12. What do Marino and Scarpetta find where Deborah was shot?
(a) A gun.
(b) A spent cartridge casing.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) An article of her clothing with a bullet hole.
13. When Scarpetta examines the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney in the woods, what does she notice?
(a) The bodies had been moved.
(b) The bones were mixed together in a jumbled heap.
(c) Body parts had been scattered.
(d) The bodies had been lying in a pond.
14. What key piece of evidence does Scarpetta learn was found at the murder site?
(a) A jack of hearts was found near Fred Cheney.
(b) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's pants pocket.
(c) An ace of spades was found in Deborah's purse.
(d) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's purse.
15. Where does Scarpetta go for exercise?
(a) An indoor track.
(b) An indoor skating rink.
(c) An indoor pool.
(d) An indoor tennis club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scarpetta and Marino take with them on a field investigation?
2. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
3. Who calls Scarpetta at home in the evening on the day Fred and Deborah's bodies were found?
4. Why do Scarpetta and Marino fly to South Carolina?
5. What did Scarpetta say about the skulls of Deborah and Fred?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)