|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney found?
(a) In a boat.
(b) In a cemetery.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a swamp.
2. When Scarpetta examines the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney in the woods, what does she notice?
(a) Body parts had been scattered.
(b) The bones were mixed together in a jumbled heap.
(c) The bodies had been lying in a pond.
(d) The bodies had been moved.
3. How did the mother of one of the missing teens describe her teenager?
(a) Very private.
(b) Very lazy.
(c) Very messy.
(d) Very undisciplined.
4. Who calls in the psychic, Hilda Ozimek, on the missing teens' investigation?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Pat Harvey.
(c) Kay Scarpetta.
(d) Abby Turnbull.
5. Who is Hilda Ozimek referring to when she uses the phrase, "defender, someone who does battle"?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Pete Marino.
(d) Jack of hearts.
6. What did Scarpetta's lover want her to do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Go with him to Colorado.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Hire a bodyguard.
7. Why is Scarpetta angry with Abby?
(a) Abby is secretly seeing her lover.
(b) Abby is angry with her.
(c) Abby used her to get information.
(d) Abby saw teens on night they disappeared.
8. What do Scarpetta and Turnbull believe Camp Peary might be?
(a) Training ground for CIA agents.
(b) Training ground for the Green Berets.
(c) Training ground for the Virginia National Guard.
(d) Training ground for the Marines.
9. What key piece of evidence does Scarpetta learn was found at the murder site?
(a) An ace of spades was found in Deborah's purse.
(b) A jack of hearts was found near Fred Cheney.
(c) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's purse.
(d) A jack of hearts was found in Deborah's pants pocket.
10. What is one theory as to who might have killed Deborah and Fred?
(a) Pat Harvey.
(b) Deborah's former boyfriend.
(c) Fred's former girlfriend.
(d) A hit man working for a drug cartel.
11. What charity organization does Pat Harvey suspect is front for drug trafficking?
(d) Latin Americans for Peace.
12. Scarpetta also learns one of the missing teens had what kind of medical procedure?
(a) A knee operation.
(b) An appendectomy.
(c) Plastic surgery.
(d) A tonsillectomy.
13. What does Scarpetta learn about Hilda Ozimek's findings?
(a) Scarpetta learns nothing.
(b) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens eloped.
(c) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are dead.
(d) Scarpetta learns the parents were told the teens are okay.
14. In the murders of Deborah and Fred, who does Marino think was killed first?
(a) Fred Cheney.
(b) Deborah Harvey.
(c) Killer forced Fred to shoot Deborah.
(d) Fred and Deborah were killed together.
15. At lunch, what is one theory the investigators discuss about the disappearance of the teens?
(a) They were placed in the witness protection program.
(b) They went off with friends.
(c) They were abducted by people working for a drug cartel.
(d) They were abducted by the Mafia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
2. What famous Virginia location is close to the Globe and Laurel?
3. During the autopsy, what important detail does Scarpetta discover about Deborah's spine?
4. At lunch, Scarpetta is asked if she believes what about the missing teens?
5. Who found the bodies of Deborah and Fred?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)