|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarpetta learn about Abby Turnbull?
(a) She's having a baby.
(b) She's writing a book.
(c) She's teaching.
(d) She's gone to Europe.
2. What is the occupation of Scarpetta's friend, Abby Turnbull?
(a) Newspaper reporter.
(b) FBI undercover agent.
(c) CIA agent.
3. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) A cheap, plastic cigarette holder.
(b) Cigarette butts with filter paper peeled away.
(c) A disposable lighter.
(d) A ball point pen.
4. What does Pat Harvey want Scarpetta to give her?
(a) Photos of locations where other victims were found.
(b) A police photo of the location where Deborah's body was found.
(c) Deborah's autopsy report.
(d) Autopsy reports on the other teen victims.
5. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
(a) The involvement of drug gangs.
(b) The killer's calling card.
(c) The cause of death.
(d) The identity of the serial killer.
6. What was found along with the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney?
(a) A small can of mace.
(b) Fred's driver's license.
(c) Deborah's purse.
(d) A knife.
7. How does the mother of one of the missing teens arrive at the crime scene?
(a) By motor boat.
(b) By ski-doo.
(c) By bus.
(d) By helicopter.
8. What personal item of one of the missing teens was found at the crime scene?
(a) A blue backpack.
(b) A purple scarf.
(c) A red purse.
(d) A black wallet.
9. What does Scarpetta learn about the missing teens' relationship?
(a) They were inseparable.
(b) They didn't really like each other.
(c) They had been fighting.
(d) They were casual friends.
10. What caused the intense reaction by one of the search and rescue dogs at the crime scene?
(a) Reaction to the handler's behavior.
(b) The dog was getting sick.
(c) Reaction to a strong scent of human pheromones.
(d) Reaction to a skunk.
11. When Scarpetta examines the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney in the woods, what does she notice?
(a) The bones were mixed together in a jumbled heap.
(b) The bodies had been moved.
(c) Body parts had been scattered.
(d) The bodies had been lying in a pond.
12. Why doesn't Hilda meet Scarpetta and Marino at the airport?
(a) She doesn't know Scarpetta and Marino were coming.
(b) She doesn't drive anymore.
(c) Her car is in for repairs.
(d) She doesn't have enough money for gas.
13. Why is Scarpetta angry with Abby?
(a) Abby saw teens on night they disappeared.
(b) Abby is angry with her.
(c) Abby used her to get information.
(d) Abby is secretly seeing her lover.
14. What holiday weekend is being observed when the story opens?
(a) Fourth of July weekend.
(b) Labor Day weekend.
(c) Thanksgiving weekend.
(d) Memorial Day weekend.
15. What paper does Abby work for?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The Baltimore Sun.
(c) The Washington Post.
(d) The Richmond Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else does Scarpetta visit in Washington, DC after seeing Dr. Vessey?
2. What famous Virginia location is close to the Globe and Laurel?
3. What were the names of the two teenagers reported missing?
4. What does Scarpetta learn about Hilda Ozimek's findings?
5. Who does Scarpetta plan to visit in South Carolina?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)