|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the bodies of Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney found?
(a) In a swamp.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In a boat.
2. What is the explanation Scarpetta suggests for the blood in the back seat of Elizabeth's car?
(a) The killer accidently cut himself.
(b) The killer had a nosebleed
(c) The blood has nothing to do with the killer.
(d) There was someone else in the backseat with the killer.
3. At a press conference, what does Pat Harvey divulge regarding her family?
(a) Deborah was pregnant.
(b) Her family had been threatened.
(c) Deborah and Fred were actually married.
(d) Deborah was adopted.
4. What was found near the bodies of Deborah and Fred that was also found near the bodies of the other murdered teen couples?
(a) A cheap, plastic cigarette holder.
(b) Cigarette butts with filter paper peeled away.
(c) A disposable lighter.
(d) A ball point pen.
5. What information does Pat Harvey claim is being "covered-up" by the police, the FBI, and the Medical Examiner's Office?
(a) The identity of the serial killer.
(b) The involvement of drug gangs.
(c) The cause of death.
(d) The killer's calling card.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hilda Ozimek referring to when she uses the phrase, "defender, someone who does battle"?
2. In Chapter 5, who is it that Benton Wesley is concerned Scarpetta might have recently seen?
3. What does Wesley Benton ask Scarpetta to do with the results of the autopsy?
4. Who calls Scarpetta at home in the evening on the day Fred and Deborah's bodies were found?
5. Why does Scarpetta take the bones of Fred and Deborah to Washington, DC?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)