1. Who is the main character introduced first in this chapter?
(a) Bob Harvey.
(b) Deborah Harvey.
(c) Kay Scarpetta.
(d) Pete Marino.
2. What is the main character's occupation?
(a) Search and rescue team leader.
(b) Investigator with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(c) Homicide detective on the Richmond police force.
(d) Chief medical examiner for the state of Virginia.
3. As the story opens, where is the crime scene investigation taking place?
(a) A beach house on the coast of North Carolina.
(b) In an apartment building near the Richmond airport.
(c) At a resort in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley.
(d) A rest stop off highway I-64.
4. Why were police called to the crime scene?
(a) An abandoned Jeep Cherokee was found.
(b) An abandoned row boat was discovered.
(c) Two swimmers were reported missing.
(d) A foul odor was disturbing neighbors.
5. What were the names of the two teenagers reported missing?
(a) Pat Harvey and Bob Harvey.
(b) Pat Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(c) Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(d) Deborah Harvey and Pete Marino.
This section contains 5,382 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)