1. Who is the main character introduced first in this chapter?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Bob Harvey.
(c) Deborah Harvey.
(d) Kay Scarpetta.
2. What is the main character's occupation?
(a) Chief medical examiner for the state of Virginia.
(b) Investigator with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(c) Search and rescue team leader.
(d) Homicide detective on the Richmond police force.
3. As the story opens, where is the crime scene investigation taking place?
(a) In an apartment building near the Richmond airport.
(b) A beach house on the coast of North Carolina.
(c) A rest stop off highway I-64.
(d) At a resort in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley.
4. Why were police called to the crime scene?
(a) An abandoned Jeep Cherokee was found.
(b) A foul odor was disturbing neighbors.
(c) An abandoned row boat was discovered.
(d) Two swimmers were reported missing.
5. What were the names of the two teenagers reported missing?
(a) Pat Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(b) Deborah Harvey and Fred Cheney.
(c) Deborah Harvey and Pete Marino.
(d) Pat Harvey and Bob Harvey.
This section contains 5,382 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)