|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Rick work for the L.A. Times?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One winter.
(d) One week.
2. What did the foreign correspondents eat at the Montana Hotel in Haiti?
3. Why did the serial diner keep committing the same crime?
(a) He liked the attention.
(b) He believed it makes him famous.
(c) He did not want to be alone.
(d) He wanted to be in jail where he got three meals a day.
4. What did Rick do for Dirty Red?
(a) He helped him find a good lawyer.
(b) He sent counseling to his home.
(c) He wrote a story about his innocence.
(d) He convinced him to tell his story.
5. Where did Sam end up finding his career?
(a) At a constuction sight.
(b) At a cottonmill.
(c) At a mechanics shop.
(d) At a bar.
6. Why did momma move out of her new house?
(a) She missed the old house too much.
(b) The dog died at the new house.
(c) Sam and Mark had a fight on the front lawn.
(d) She was afraid there by herself.
7. What happened to Mark that kept Margaret shaking for days?
(a) He was arrested for beating someone in a bar.
(b) He went into a rage and burns his house down.
(c) His house burned down, and she didn't know if he was in it.
(d) He went on a drinking binge and disappears.
8. What did the young South Carolina woman say happened to her two boys?
(a) That a Hispanic boy car jacked them.
(b) That she left them in the car unattended when she came back, they were gone.
(c) That she does not know what happened to them.
(d) That a black man jumped in her car and drove away with them in it.
9. What did momma feel about Mark's jail terms?
10. How did Margaret feel about Rick living away from his family most of his life?
(a) She was glad that he got out.
(b) She was sad that he did not want to come home.
(c) She was angry that he did not come home enough.
(d) She understood that it is for the best.
11. What was the one big award that Rick desired?
(a) The Nobel Prize.
(b) Peabody Award.
(c) The National Correspondent Award.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize.
12. What did Rick's wife tell him that scared him out of the marriage?
(a) He only cared about his work.
(b) She thought she was pregnant.
(c) He worked too late.
(d) She did not want him traveling for his stories.
13. Why did Rick think that he had to take the city reporter's job?
(a) He had a wife.
(b) He had a fancy car payment.
(c) His mother needed the money.
(d) He had to show up the editor that insulted him.
14. What did the eighty-seven year old Miss McCarty do with the money she saved over her lifetime?
(a) Gave it to the church to feed the poor.
(b) Gave it to the local university for scholarships for the poor.
(c) Gave it to the local police to protect the poor.
(d) Gave it to the Red Cross to help the poor.
15. What was the one gift that Rick wanted more than anything to give his mother?
(a) A new wardrobe.
(b) A car.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mark build in the woods?
2. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
3. How did Sam feel about Rick going off to his Fellowship?
4. When does Rick NOT want to be buried?
5. After Rick's second trip to Haiti, what promotion did he receive?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)