Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the young South Carolina woman say happened to her two boys?
(a) That a black man jumped in her car and drove away with them in it.
(b) That she left them in the car unattended when she came back, they were gone.
(c) That a Hispanic boy car jacked them.
(d) That she does not know what happened to them.
2. What did Rick compare time lost to?
(a) A quarter in an unlucky slot machine.
(b) A poor night's sleep.
(c) A bad piece of fruit.
(d) A lost piece of jewelry.
3. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
(a) Deer hunters who were killing each other by accident.
(b) Football players who suffered from concussions.
(c) Gang members who were shot to death.
(d) Race car drivers killed on the track.
4. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
(b) Gangs in the streets of various cities around the world.
(d) Happy stories.
5. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
(a) For Rick to call Mark every six months.
(b) For Rick to be home every year for momma's birthday.
(c) For Rick to tell him the stories of where he had been.
(d) For Rick to send money for momma.
6. Where did Sam end up finding his career?
(a) At a cottonmill.
(b) At a constuction sight.
(c) At a bar.
(d) At a mechanics shop.
7. Why was Rick so nervous about his Fellowship interview?
(a) He wanted it more than anything he had ever wanted.
(b) His editor told him he was a shoe in.
(c) His friends told him he was not cut out for it.
(d) It was a test to him to see if he belonged in educated society.
8. How did everyone treat Margaret at the acceptance dinner for Rick's award?
(a) They paid her homage for the son that she raised.
(b) With kid gloves.
(c) They were loud and overwhelming.
(d) Mostly, they stayed away.
9. What did Rick keep as a reminder of the night he went out on a dangerous story with Sean?
(a) A steering wheel.
(b) A rock.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A copy of the story.
10. Why did the serial diner keep committing the same crime?
(a) He wanted to be in jail where he got three meals a day.
(b) He did not want to be alone.
(c) He liked the attention.
(d) He believed it makes him famous.
11. What was momma most taken by in the new house?
(a) The doorbell.
(b) The hot running water.
(c) The thermostat.
(d) The dishwasher.
12. What happened to Jean-Bertrand Aristide in 1990?
(a) He lost the election by poplular vote.
(b) He went into exile.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He was elected for the second time.
13. What happened in 1991 that Rick got to experience that terrified him deeply?
(a) A train wreck with many left dead.
(b) A riot in Miami.
(c) A young boy getting killed in an accident.
(d) A murder in a grocery store.
14. What did Rick do at the old little house that momma did not?
(a) He walked it one more time.
(b) He spit on the ground.
(c) He cried when she leaves it.
(d) He rejoiced that they are gone from it forever.
15. What happened to Mark that kept Margaret shaking for days?
(a) His house burned down, and she didn't know if he was in it.
(b) He went into a rage and burns his house down.
(c) He went on a drinking binge and disappears.
(d) He was arrested for beating someone in a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Margaret's response when Rick told her that he got the Fellowship?
2. Who picked out momma's new house?
3. What are the cemeteries like in Haiti?
4. What did Louis Bolivar make seven days a week in Haiti?
5. What kind of stories did Rick write for the St. Petersburg Times while living in St. Petersburg after the Fellowship?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)