Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
2. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
3. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She hit one of his children.
(b) She came at him with a knife.
(c) She lied about his stealing.
(d) She told the police he made likker.
4. Why did Margaret hang Rick's awards on her walls?
(a) She was vain.
(b) To prove to others that her son was a good boy.
(c) To convince herself that it is real.
(d) It represented validation.
5. What overall statement did Rick make about Miami?
(a) "You live and die in Miami."
(b) "Miami is a crazy city."
(c) "Miami is a bad day in paradise."
(d) "From beauty to trash, Miami has it all."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kovach tell Rick to answer the next time someone asks him where he learned how to write?
2. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
3. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
4. How long did Rick have the 1969 convertible?
5. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)