Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war was Rick's father in?
(b) Dessert Strom.
(d) World War II.
2. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To make himself feel better.
(b) To make his brothers feel better.
(c) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(d) To forgive his father.
3. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He did not think about it one way or another.
(b) He had no problem with the notion.
(c) He thought it was a party.
(d) He was afraid to go.
4. What kind of questions did Rick often find himself answering to the students at Harvard?
(a) Questions about the South.
(b) Questions about his stories.
(c) Questions about Haiti.
(d) Questions about racism.
5. What did Rick say about his mother's attendance at his wedding?
(a) He wished she had worn nicer clothing.
(b) He thought she was too frightened.
(c) He had never seen her so dressed up before.
(d) He wished she had been there.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rick went home in 1988, how long had it been since he spent the holidays there?
2. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
3. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
4. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
5. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)