|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Perry Como.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Hank Williams.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
2. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
(a) A nice house.
(b) A new dress.
(c) New shoes.
3. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(b) "Tell the truth in it, son."
(c) "Whatever you think best, son."
(d) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
4. What is the story of the widow's mite?
(a) A widowed woman who takes in poor children.
(b) A woman who is infested with bugs.
(c) A woman who shuns the church because her husband dies.
(d) A poor woman who gave to the temple and God recognized the gift.
5. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Stop drinking.
(b) Hit her.
(c) Find more likker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
2. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
3. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
4. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
5. What is the last line of the Prologue?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)