Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
2. What does Rick say about this book?
(a) That he wrote it for himself.
(b) That it is a story meant only for his family.
(c) That everyone should read it.
(d) That it is not important.
3. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
(a) That he never met him.
(b) That he didn't do better by his daughter.
(c) That he wasn't there when he shot a woman through her breasts.
(d) That he wasn't harder on his father.
4. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
(a) She ran out into the middle of the road and stared.
(b) She begged Rick's father to leave them be.
(c) She held onto Rick and won't let go.
(d) She screamed and cried for them not to leave.
5. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
(a) Classical literature.
(b) Dirty books.
(c) Car magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
2. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
3. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
4. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
5. What war was Rick's father in?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)