|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To make his brothers feel better.
(b) To make himself feel better.
(c) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(d) To forgive his father.
2. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
(a) It threw its baby from the nest.
(b) It hurled itself into a pool.
(c) It attacked its own reflection.
(d) It flew into a glass door.
3. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
(b) That no one should be laughed at.
(c) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
(d) That everyone needs love.
4. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(b) "Whatever you think best, son."
(c) "Tell the truth in it, son."
(d) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
5. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
(b) Foot long hot dogs.
(c) Fried crappie.
(d) Ice cream sundays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
2. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
3. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
4. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
5. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)