|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
2. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
3. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
4. What were Ann's sisters names?
5. Who was Loretta Smart raised by until she turned five?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the home that Sam Summer was living in had a leaky gas line?
2. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
3. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
4. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
5. According to Stack, what role does respect play in a person having rights to another person's child?
6. What is child keeping?
7. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
8. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
9. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
10. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swapping plays a very important role in the Flats. Describe why swapping was such a necessary part of life.
Essay Topic 2
Domestic networks can be very complex. Discuss the complexities of the domestic networks. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the status of health care in the Flats when "All Our Kin" was written.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)