|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Yvonne Diamond?
2. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
3. How old was Ruby when her first child was born?
4. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
5. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
2. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
3. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
4. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
5. What occurrences in the Flats force people to move almost constantly?
6. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
7. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
8. According to Stack, how does joblessness impact relationships between men and women?
9. According to Stack, what role does respect play in a person having rights to another person's child?
10. According to Chapter 6, what determines which household a person is a part of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swapping plays a very important role in the Flats. Describe why swapping was such a necessary part of life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that the AFDC plays in keeping people from developing strong relationships between men and women.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from "All Our Kin" discuss whether it is possible for those in the Flats to change their society from within.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)