|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were living in Lydia Watson's home when her sisters family moved in?
2. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
3. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
4. How old was Ruby Banks when she first met her father?
5. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
2. According to Stack, what role does respect play in a person having rights to another person's child?
3. What happened when the home that Sam Summer was living in had a leaky gas line?
4. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
5. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
6. What is the response in the black community to the difficulties that mothers in poverty have?
7. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
8. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
9. According to Stack, how do those in the Flats view marriage?
10. According to Stack, how does joblessness impact relationships between men and women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what Stack says about the stereotypes that were placed on blacks. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Parental roles in the Flats can extend to many people beyond the natural mother and father. Discuss how the parental roles are determined and who can hold these roles.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from "All Our Kin" discuss whether it is possible for those in the Flats to change their society from within.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)