|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were living in Lydia Watson's home when her sisters family moved in?
2. What were Ann's sisters names?
3. How old was Ruby when her first child was born?
4. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
5. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
Essay Topic 1
What does Stack say is the conflict between having a black identity and trying to live the American dream?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that the AFDC plays in keeping people from developing strong relationships between men and women.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book discuss how mainstream culture prevents those in the Flats from getting ahead.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)