|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Magnolia inherit from her uncle?
2. How long did Julia's second child's father work at the factory before getting laid off?
3. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
4. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
5. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that joblessness plays in the lives of the black community in the Flats.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Stack feel that it was important to develop contacts in the community on her own and not go through middlemen?
Essay Topic 3
What does Stack say is the conflict between having a black identity and trying to live the American dream?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)