|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
2. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
(b) Mother in charge.
(d) Mother run family.
3. In what year did Stack begin her study?
4. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
5. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
(a) Leaders of the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
2. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
3. What is the Jackson family's average income?
4. What did Ruby do with the rest of the AFDC money?
5. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did most researchers find the subjects that they studied?
2. What types of questions did Stack develop for her assistants to ask?
3. Why were two black men in the community murdered by white policeman?
4. How do people in the Flats involve others in their daily lives?
5. Why is temporary child exchange seen as a sign of trust?
6. How did Stack conduct the interviews that she personally handled?
7. What was Stack's housing situation like in the Flats?
8. What is day-to-day life like in the Jackson household?
9. What was Stack's first year in the Flats like?
10. What types of people did Stack focus her study on?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)