|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It broke down constantly.
(b) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(c) It was unreliable.
(d) It was dangerous.
2. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
(a) A neighborhood.
(b) A major highway.
(c) A major rail line.
(d) A gravel road.
3. Why did those in the Flats need cooperative support?
(a) To help each other.
(b) To gain kin.
(c) To survive.
(d) To make life easier.
4. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
5. What is Viola Jackson's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did those in the Flats usually call trading?
2. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
3. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
4. What is the name of Stack's son?
5. What is Leo Jackson's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it argued that the economic model of the US is dependent on low-skilled and low-wage workers?
2. What is health care like in the Flats?
3. How do people in the Flats involve others in their daily lives?
4. What types of things do those in the Flats swap?
5. What was Stack's purpose in writing this book?
6. What types of people did Stack focus her study on?
7. What is the communities' view of people who borrow things from others and don't lend things in return?
8. What was Stack's housing situation like in the Flats?
9. What is day-to-day life like in the Jackson household?
10. Why is temporary child exchange seen as a sign of trust?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)