|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
(a) Men in power.
(b) Single men.
(c) Single women.
(d) Poor families.
2. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
3. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
4. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
5. How old was Julia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
2. What didn't Ruby believe in?
3. What is Viola Jackson's job?
4. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
5. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of questions did Stack develop for her assistants to ask?
2. What types of things do those in the Flats swap?
3. How were nicknames developed in the Flats?
4. Why is it argued that the economic model of the US is dependent on low-skilled and low-wage workers?
5. What is the Jackson families' economic situation like?
6. What did Stack want to learn about the families that she studied?
7. What is day-to-day life like in the Jackson household?
8. How do people in the Flats involve others in their daily lives?
9. What was Stack's first year in the Flats like?
10. How did Stack conduct the interviews that she personally handled?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)