|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Viola Jackson's job?
2. In what year did Stack begin her study?
3. How old was Julia?
4. What is Leo Jackson's job?
(a) Construction worker.
(b) Truck driver.
(c) Hod carrier.
5. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
2. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
3. Who wrote "Tomorrow's Tomorrow"?
4. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Stack's purpose in writing this book?
2. How do people in the Flats involve others in their daily lives?
3. How were nicknames developed in the Flats?
4. What was Stack trying to learn about the exchange system in the Flats?
5. What is the communities' view of people who borrow things from others and don't lend things in return?
6. Why does swapping play such an important role in the Flats?
7. What is health care like in the Flats?
8. How did Stack conduct the interviews that she personally handled?
9. How did Stack define family in the Flats?
10. Why did Stack feel that it was important to find average citizens of the Flats to study?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)