|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for Magnolia and Calvin Waters inheritance to be spent?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One and a half months.
(d) Two months.
2. In what year did Stack begin her study?
3. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Their social workers.
(b) People outside the community.
(c) Residents of the Flats.
(d) Their friends.
4. How old was Julia?
5. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(b) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(c) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(d) John and Sylvia Waters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
2. How did people in the Flats increase their social circle?
3. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
4. How much money did the AFDC send Ruby to get a new couch?
5. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Stack want to learn about the families that she studied?
2. How did most researchers find the subjects that they studied?
3. In the Flats many people do not seek treatment from a doctor, why is this?
4. What is health care like in the Flats?
5. What was Stack trying to learn about the exchange system in the Flats?
6. What is the communities' view of people who borrow things from others and don't lend things in return?
7. What types of questions did Stack develop for her assistants to ask?
8. How were nicknames developed in the Flats?
9. What types of people did Stack focus her study on?
10. Why is temporary child exchange seen as a sign of trust?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)