Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another term for welfare?
2. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) While doing laundry.
(b) While babysitting for a friend.
(c) At her university.
(d) In the grocery store.
3. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(b) As very important.
4. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
(b) Men in power.
(c) Leaders of the community.
(d) Women in power.
5. What affects a person's perception?
(a) Their upbringing.
(d) Their intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
2. How many children do the Jacksons have?
3. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
4. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
5. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to residents of the Flats, what is a grandparental right?
2. How do people in the Flats feel about sacrificing what they have for their kin?
3. According to Stack, what is involved in the process of biculturation?
4. How did bias affect Stack's study?
5. What is day-to-day life like in the Jackson household?
6. According to Stack, how do those in the Flats view marriage?
7. Why did Stack feel that it was important to find average citizens of the Flats to study?
8. How did most researchers find the subjects that they studied?
9. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
10. How were nicknames developed in the Flats?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)