|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It was unreliable.
(b) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(c) It was dangerous.
(d) It broke down constantly.
2. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
(a) Lack of education.
(b) The government
(c) Lack of jobs.
(d) Mainstream society.
3. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(a) By their surnames.
(c) By their first names.
(d) By a nicknames.
4. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
(a) Because it is her duty.
(b) Because her mother is needy.
(c) Because she is family.
(d) Because her mother is elderly.
5. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
(a) She changed their names.
(b) She made them up.
(c) She left out important details.
(d) She moved them to a different city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Stack's son?
2. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
3. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
4. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
5. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do those in the Flats cope with the lack of privacy?
2. Why were two black men in the community murdered by white policeman?
3. What did Stack want to learn about the families that she studied?
4. How do people in the Flats involve others in their daily lives?
5. What types of people did Stack focus her study on?
6. What was Stack's housing situation like in the Flats?
7. How did Stack use her assistants to gather data?
8. What was Stack's first year in the Flats like?
9. What is the communities' view of people who borrow things from others and don't lend things in return?
10. How did Stack define family in the Flats?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)