|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
2. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Blaming the Victim.
(b) The Blame Game.
(c) Victims in Charge.
(d) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
3. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
4. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To protect the people of the community.
(b) To take care of the children.
(c) To prevent biased research studies.
(d) To prevent discrimination.
5. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
2. What is Leo Jackson's job?
3. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
4. Why did those in the Flats need cooperative support?
5. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Stack feel that it was important to find average citizens of the Flats to study?
2. How did bias affect Stack's study?
3. Why is it argued that the economic model of the US is dependent on low-skilled and low-wage workers?
4. Why do people in the Flats say, "you have to have help from everybody and anybody"?
5. Why is temporary child exchange seen as a sign of trust?
6. What types of people did Stack focus her study on?
7. How did Stack use her assistants to gather data?
8. What were the causes that the black community was fighting for?
9. What was Stack's housing situation like in the Flats?
10. How did Stack define family in the Flats?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)