|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
2. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(c) Maintenance workers.
(d) Service workers.
3. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
(b) Oppressor and oppressed.
(c) Teacher and student.
4. What was Julia's cousin's name?
5. What did those in the Flats usually call trading?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did kin exchange items and services?
2. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
3. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
4. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
5. In what year did Stack begin her study?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do those in the Flats cope with the lack of privacy?
2. How did Stack use her assistants to gather data?
3. Why did Stack feel that it was important to find average citizens of the Flats to study?
4. How did Stack define family in the Flats?
5. How is swapping among family members different than casual swapping among people who are not kin?
6. How did most researchers find the subjects that they studied?
7. What types of things do those in the Flats swap?
8. How were nicknames developed in the Flats?
9. What is day-to-day life like in the Jackson household?
10. What were the causes that the black community was fighting for?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)