|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
(a) Mother in charge.
(c) Mother run family.
2. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
3. Who did Ruby trade corn bread and greens with so that she could get milk and diapers?
(a) Magnolia Waters.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) Joann Allen.
(d) Virginia Thomas.
4. How old was Julia?
5. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
(a) She left out important details.
(b) She made them up.
(c) She moved them to a different city.
(d) She changed their names.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the AFDC send Ruby to get a new couch?
2. What is the name of Stack's son?
3. How many children do the Jacksons have?
4. What percentage of the black population in Jackson Harbor is unemployed?
5. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people in the Flats say, "you have to have help from everybody and anybody"?
2. How do people in the Flats involve others in their daily lives?
3. What were the causes that the black community was fighting for?
4. How did Stack use her assistants to gather data?
5. What types of questions did Stack develop for her assistants to ask?
6. How did Stack conduct the interviews that she personally handled?
7. In the Flats many people do not seek treatment from a doctor, why is this?
8. Why did Stack feel that it was important to find average citizens of the Flats to study?
9. What types of things do those in the Flats swap?
10. What was Stack's first year in the Flats like?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)