|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did kin exchange items and services?
(a) Daily, sometimes hourly.
2. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
3. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It was dangerous.
(b) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(c) It was unreliable.
(d) It broke down constantly.
4. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(a) As very important.
5. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What affects a person's perception?
2. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
3. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
4. What is the Jackson family's average income?
5. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Stack's purpose in writing this book?
2. How do people in the Flats involve others in their daily lives?
3. Why do people in the Flats say, "you have to have help from everybody and anybody"?
4. What is the communities' view of people who borrow things from others and don't lend things in return?
5. What is the Jackson families' economic situation like?
6. How is swapping among family members different than casual swapping among people who are not kin?
7. How did bias affect Stack's study?
8. What was Stack's first year in the Flats like?
9. What types of questions did Stack develop for her assistants to ask?
10. What was Stack's housing situation like in the Flats?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)