|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
(b) Mother run family.
(d) Mother in charge.
2. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To prevent biased research studies.
(b) To take care of the children.
(c) To prevent discrimination.
(d) To protect the people of the community.
3. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
4. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
5. How often did kin exchange items and services?
(d) Daily, sometimes hourly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Stack's son?
2. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
3. In what year did Stack begin her study?
4. Who wrote "Tomorrow's Tomorrow"?
5. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of people did Stack focus her study on?
2. How is swapping among family members different than casual swapping among people who are not kin?
3. How did Stack conduct the interviews that she personally handled?
4. What is day-to-day life like in the Jackson household?
5. Why is it argued that the economic model of the US is dependent on low-skilled and low-wage workers?
6. How did Stack use her assistants to gather data?
7. Why is temporary child exchange seen as a sign of trust?
8. What is health care like in the Flats?
9. How did bias affect Stack's study?
10. What is the communities' view of people who borrow things from others and don't lend things in return?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)