|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To prevent discrimination.
(b) To take care of the children.
(c) To protect the people of the community.
(d) To prevent biased research studies.
2. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
3. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(c) As very important.
4. What is Leo Jackson's job?
(a) Construction worker.
(b) Truck driver.
(d) Hod carrier.
5. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes a necessity for exchanging things and services in the Flats?
2. How many children do the Jacksons have?
3. What was Julia's cousin's name?
4. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
5. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
2. What was Stack trying to learn about the exchange system in the Flats?
3. Why did Stack feel that it was important to find average citizens of the Flats to study?
4. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
5. What types of things do those in the Flats swap?
6. How did most researchers find the subjects that they studied?
7. According to residents of the Flats, what is a grandparental right?
8. How did bias affect Stack's study?
9. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
10. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)