|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It was unreliable.
(b) It was dangerous.
(c) It broke down constantly.
(d) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
2. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
(a) A major rail line.
(b) A neighborhood.
(c) A major highway.
(d) A gravel road.
3. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
4. How much money did the AFDC send Ruby to get a new couch?
5. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
2. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
3. What kin did people in the Flats feel most obligated to?
4. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
5. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of things do those in the Flats swap?
2. How did bias affect Stack's study?
3. What is the Jackson families' economic situation like?
4. How did most researchers find the subjects that they studied?
5. What were the causes that the black community was fighting for?
6. How do those in the Flats cope with the lack of privacy?
7. How did Stack use her assistants to gather data?
8. What types of people did Stack focus her study on?
9. Why were two black men in the community murdered by white policeman?
10. Why is it argued that the economic model of the US is dependent on low-skilled and low-wage workers?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)