|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did those in the Flats need cooperative support?
(a) To help each other.
(b) To make life easier.
(c) To survive.
(d) To gain kin.
2. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
3. What did those in the Flats usually call trading?
4. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
(b) Unfair treatment.
(c) They were looked down on.
5. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
2. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
3. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
4. How did people in the Flats increase their social circle?
5. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Stack's housing situation like in the Flats?
2. What is the communities' view of people who borrow things from others and don't lend things in return?
3. What types of questions did Stack develop for her assistants to ask?
4. What is health care like in the Flats?
5. Why does swapping play such an important role in the Flats?
6. What was Stack's first year in the Flats like?
7. How did Stack define family in the Flats?
8. Why were two black men in the community murdered by white policeman?
9. How did Stack use her assistants to gather data?
10. Why is temporary child exchange seen as a sign of trust?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)