|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
2. What affects a person's perception?
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their upbringing.
3. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
4. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
(a) Poor area.
(b) Urbanized area.
(c) Small community.
5. What does AFDC stand for?
(a) Area of Future Development Construction.
(b) Aid to Families with Dependent Children.
(c) Aid to Fund Dependecy Collections.
(d) All of Future Dependency Construction.
6. Why did those in the Flats need cooperative support?
(a) To survive.
(b) To make life easier.
(c) To help each other.
(d) To gain kin.
7. How old was Julia?
8. How often did kin exchange items and services?
(b) Daily, sometimes hourly.
9. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) While babysitting for a friend.
(b) In the grocery store.
(c) At her university.
(d) While doing laundry.
10. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
(b) Women and children.
11. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
(a) Through a young woman in the community.
(b) By holding a meet and greet.
(c) By befriending children.
(d) She found them on her own.
12. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
(a) Social and economic.
(b) Economic and personal.
(c) Personal and professional.
(d) Family and social.
13. How long did it take for Magnolia and Calvin Waters inheritance to be spent?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One and a half months.
14. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Residents of the Flats.
(b) Their friends.
(c) Their social workers.
(d) People outside the community.
15. What was Julia's cousin's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
2. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
3. How did people in the Flats increase their social circle?
4. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)