|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
2. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) The Blame Game.
(b) Blaming the Victim.
(c) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(d) Victims in Charge.
3. What is another term for welfare?
4. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
5. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
(b) Women and children.
6. How long did it take for Magnolia and Calvin Waters inheritance to be spent?
(a) Two months.
(b) One and a half months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six months.
7. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
(c) Failure to understand.
(d) Lack of ability.
8. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
9. What percentage of the black population in Jackson Harbor is unemployed?
10. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
(a) Lack of education.
(b) Lack of jobs.
(c) The government
(d) Mainstream society.
11. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
12. What is Viola Jackson's job?
13. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
14. What was the age range of most of the adults Stack studied?
15. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
(d) Leaders of the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
2. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
3. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
4. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
5. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)