|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
2. What does AFDC stand for?
(a) Area of Future Development Construction.
(b) Aid to Fund Dependecy Collections.
(c) All of Future Dependency Construction.
(d) Aid to Families with Dependent Children.
3. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
(a) Hylan Lewis.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Elliott Stickler.
(d) Carol Stack.
4. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
(a) Small community.
(b) Poor area.
(c) Urbanized area.
5. What affects a person's perception?
(c) Their upbringing.
(d) Their intelligence.
6. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) It is necessary to survive.
(b) Because of the kins neediness.
(c) Because of their relationship.
(d) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
7. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
(a) To get assistance from the government.
(b) To enlighten others to their plight.
(c) To help their community.
(d) To present a better image of themselves to the white community.
8. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
9. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
10. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
(a) To protect them from the mainstream.
(b) To protect identities.
(c) Because they asked her too.
(d) To keep them from getting kicked off welfare.
11. What was Julia's cousin's name?
12. What is Viola Jackson's job?
13. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
14. How were people who refused to swap viewed?
15. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Victims in Charge.
(b) The Blame Game.
(c) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(d) Blaming the Victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
2. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
3. Who wrote "Tomorrow's Tomorrow"?
4. How often did kin exchange items and services?
5. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)