|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
(a) Leaders of the community.
2. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
3. How did people in the Flats increase their social circle?
(a) Through swapping.
(b) Helping others.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Talking to new people.
4. What is the Jackson family's average income?
5. What was Julia's cousin's name?
6. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
7. Why did those in the Flats need cooperative support?
(a) To survive.
(b) To help each other.
(c) To make life easier.
(d) To gain kin.
8. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
(d) Women and children.
9. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
(a) Through a young woman in the community.
(b) By befriending children.
(c) By holding a meet and greet.
(d) She found them on her own.
10. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
11. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Blaming the Victim.
(b) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(c) The Blame Game.
(d) Victims in Charge.
12. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Large kin groups.
(c) Getting to know new people.
(d) Temporary child exchange.
13. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their ingenuity.
(b) Their resourcefulness.
(c) Their ability to think outside the box.
(d) Their dependency on kin.
14. How long did it take for Magnolia and Calvin Waters inheritance to be spent?
(a) One and a half months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
15. What did those in the Flats usually call trading?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
2. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
3. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
4. What affects a person's perception?
5. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)