|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It was dangerous.
(b) It broke down constantly.
(c) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(d) It was unreliable.
2. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their fathers kin at some point in their lives?
3. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
(a) The nature of the American economy.
(b) The white community.
(c) Their lack of resources.
4. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
5. How old was Ruby when her first child was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
2. What were Ann's sisters names?
3. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
4. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
5. Who raised Clover's daughter?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)