|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(b) It broke down constantly.
(c) It was dangerous.
(d) It was unreliable.
2. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
3. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
(a) Because her mother is elderly.
(b) Because it is her duty.
(c) Because her mother is needy.
(d) Because she is family.
4. What did Rodman view the blacks stretching of values as?
(a) Bad judgment.
(c) A one-way extension.
5. Who suggested that black people stretch their values?
(a) Carol Stack.
(b) Hyman Rodman.
(c) John Stevens.
(d) Elliot Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
2. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
3. What did Ruby do with the rest of the AFDC money?
4. What did those in the Flats usually call trading?
5. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)