|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Michael Lee work?
(c) Sioux City.
(d) Des Moines.
2. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) She does.
3. How old was Loretta when she went to live with her mother?
4. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
(a) Economic and personal.
(b) Family and social.
(c) Personal and professional.
(d) Social and economic.
5. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
(a) The nature of the American economy.
(b) The white community.
(d) Their lack of resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
2. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
4. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
5. How many children did Ruby have?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)