|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Ivy's boyfriend put down on her ring when they got engaged?
2. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
(a) To protect them from the mainstream.
(b) To protect identities.
(c) To keep them from getting kicked off welfare.
(d) Because they asked her too.
3. How old was Ruby when her first child was born?
4. How many sisters did Magnolia have?
5. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
2. How old was Bernard Smith when he went to live with his father?
3. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
4. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
5. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)