|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word for trying to live within two cultures?
(d) Doubly cultural.
2. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
(d) Women and children.
3. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
(a) Carol Stack.
(b) Hylan Lewis.
(c) Elliott Stickler.
(d) John Adams.
4. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
5. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
(b) It is necessary to survive.
(c) Because of the kins neediness.
(d) Because of their relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
2. What causes a necessity for exchanging things and services in the Flats?
3. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
4. What is Viola Jackson's job?
5. How old was Bernard Smith when he went to live with his father?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)