|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What status quo did welfare defend?
(a) Stretching of values.
(b) Lack of nuclear families.
(c) Seperation between communities.
(d) Having a poor class of people.
2. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
3. Who did Ruby trade corn bread and greens with so that she could get milk and diapers?
(a) Joann Allen.
(b) Virginia Thomas.
(c) Magnolia Waters.
(d) Carol Stack.
4. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
(a) She was evicted.
(b) She lost a child.
(c) She got pregnant.
(d) She got married.
5. According to Stack, who did people maintain strong contacts with?
(a) Significant others.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Magnolia inherit from her uncle?
2. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
3. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
4. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
5. In what year did Stack begin her study?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)