|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack, what was the common belief among mainstream society about black families?
(a) They were fatherless.
(b) They didn't want to succeed.
(c) They were lazy.
(d) They were unimportant.
2. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
(b) Teacher and student.
(d) Oppressor and oppressed.
3. According to Stack, where are the values that the poor held obtained?
(a) From social workers.
(b) Within their own community.
(c) From their culture.
(d) Mainstream society .
4. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
5. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
2. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
3. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
4. How many houses away did Ruby and her mother move when they left her grandparents?
5. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)