|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
2. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
3. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
(a) Another maternal family member.
(b) A maternal aunt.
(c) The child's father or his mother.
(d) The maternal grandmother.
4. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
(c) Leaders of the community.
5. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
(a) She changed their names.
(b) She moved them to a different city.
(c) She made them up.
(d) She left out important details.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
2. How long did Otis stay with Ruby's uncle?
3. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
4. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
5. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)