|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack, where are the values that the poor held obtained?
(a) Within their own community.
(b) Mainstream society .
(c) From social workers.
(d) From their culture.
2. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
(a) Friends of the family.
(b) The father's kin.
(c) Her kin.
(d) The father.
3. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) While babysitting for a friend.
(b) In the grocery store.
(c) At her university.
(d) While doing laundry.
4. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. What is the word for trying to live within two cultures?
(b) Doubly cultural.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
2. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
3. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
4. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
5. Who did Ruby trade corn bread and greens with so that she could get milk and diapers?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)