|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Women and Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kin did people in the Flats feel most obligated to?
2. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
(b) Because of the kins neediness.
(c) It is necessary to survive.
(d) Because of their relationship.
3. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
4. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
5. What were the house numbers on Cricket St. where most of Michael's kin lived?
(a) 22, 24, and 28.
(b) 16, 18, and 22.
(c) 16, 18, and 20.
(d) 14, 16, and 18.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of the black population in Jackson Harbor is unemployed?
2. What made it hard for fathers to spend time with their kids if the mother had a boyfriend?
3. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
4. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
5. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)