|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Women and Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
(a) Carol Stack.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Elliott Stickler.
(d) Hylan Lewis.
2. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
3. How many houses away did Ruby and her mother move when they left her grandparents?
4. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(a) Service workers.
(b) Maintenance workers.
5. Why did those in the Flats need cooperative support?
(a) To gain kin.
(b) To help each other.
(c) To make life easier.
(d) To survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
2. Approximately how many winter coats did Magnolia buy for her children and grandchildren?
3. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
4. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
5. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)