|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Women and Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for Magnolia and Calvin Waters inheritance to be spent?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One and a half months.
2. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(b) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(c) John and Sylvia Waters.
(d) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
(a) The status quo.
(b) Mainstream society.
(c) Their past culture.
(d) White families.
4. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As a teacher.
(b) As an outsider.
(c) As family.
(d) As a friend.
5. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kin did people in the Flats feel most obligated to?
2. What was the name of the cousin that Julia Ambrose lived with?
3. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
4. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
5. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)