|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Women and Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their ability to think outside the box.
(b) Their ingenuity.
(c) Their dependency on kin.
(d) Their resourcefulness.
2. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
(a) Because her mother is elderly.
(b) Because it is her duty.
(c) Because she is family.
(d) Because her mother is needy.
3. Who did Violet leave her two older children with when she moved?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Their father.
(d) Her aunt.
4. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
5. How were people who refused to swap viewed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Julia's second child's father?
2. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
3. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
4. What is Leo Jackson's job?
5. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)