|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Women and Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
2. How old was Julia?
3. How much money did the AFDC send Ruby to get a new couch?
4. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
(a) To get assistance from the government.
(b) To help their community.
(c) To present a better image of themselves to the white community.
(d) To enlighten others to their plight.
5. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
2. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
3. How old was Bernard Smith when he went to live with his father?
4. Who did Violet leave her two older children with when she moved?
5. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)