|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Violet leave her two older children with when she moved?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Their father.
2. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
(a) Getting to know new people.
(b) Helping others.
(c) Temporary child exchange.
(d) Large kin groups.
3. How long did Henrietta Davis's mother take care of Henrietta's children?
(a) Two years.
(b) Their whole childhood.
(c) one year.
(d) A few months.
4. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) Because of their relationship.
(b) It is necessary to survive.
(c) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
(d) Because of the kins neediness.
5. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
(a) She made them up.
(b) She moved them to a different city.
(c) She changed their names.
(d) She left out important details.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
2. What days of the week did Amanda stay with her uncle?
3. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
4. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
5. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)