|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their resourcefulness.
(b) Their ability to think outside the box.
(c) Their ingenuity.
(d) Their dependency on kin.
2. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
3. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(a) Service workers.
(b) Maintenance workers.
4. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
5. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
(b) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
2. What did those in the Flats usually call trading?
3. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
4. What didn't Ruby believe in?
5. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)