|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Clover's husband?
2. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Blaming the Victim.
(b) Victims in Charge.
(c) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(d) The Blame Game.
3. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It broke down constantly.
(b) It was unreliable.
(c) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(d) It was dangerous.
4. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
(a) The child's father or his mother.
(b) The maternal grandmother.
(c) Another maternal family member.
(d) A maternal aunt.
5. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
2. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
3. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
4. What is Viola Jackson's job?
5. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)