|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
(a) The south.
(b) The midwest.
(c) The west.
(d) The north.
2. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To take care of the children.
(b) To protect the people of the community.
(c) To prevent biased research studies.
(d) To prevent discrimination.
3. How often did kin exchange items and services?
(d) Daily, sometimes hourly.
4. What was the age range of most of the adults Stack studied?
5. How much did Ann offer to pay Georgia to watch her daughter?
(a) $20 per week.
(b) $10 per week.
(c) $5 per week.
(d) $15 per week.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
2. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
3. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
4. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
5. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)