|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
2. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(b) Economic stress and discrimination.
(c) The nature of the American economy.
(d) Lack of resources.
3. How old was Loretta when she went to live with her mother?
4. How did people in the Flats increase their social circle?
(a) Talking to new people.
(b) Helping others.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Through swapping.
5. Who did Ruby trade corn bread and greens with so that she could get milk and diapers?
(a) Joann Allen.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) Magnolia Waters.
(d) Virginia Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
2. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
3. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
4. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
5. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)