|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
2. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
(a) Carol Stack.
(b) W.E.B. DuBois.
(c) John Goodnough.
(d) John. Allen.
3. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
4. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
(a) Men in power.
(b) Leaders of the community.
(d) Women in power.
5. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) Economic stress and discrimination.
(b) Lack of resources.
(c) The nature of the American economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
2. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
3. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
4. How many years had the Jacksons been in the Flats when Stack met them?
5. Who did Ruby trade corn bread and greens with so that she could get milk and diapers?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)