|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
(a) Hylan Lewis.
(b) Elliott Stickler.
(c) Carol Stack.
(d) John Adams.
2. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
3. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
4. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(d) As very important.
5. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(a) By their surnames.
(c) By a nicknames.
(d) By their first names.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
2. How many children did Billy have?
3. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
4. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
5. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)