|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
(a) To enlighten others to their plight.
(b) To get assistance from the government.
(c) To help their community.
(d) To present a better image of themselves to the white community.
2. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(b) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(c) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(d) John and Sylvia Waters.
3. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(a) Maintenance workers.
(c) Service workers.
4. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
(a) Because her mother is elderly.
(b) Because she is family.
(c) Because it is her duty.
(d) Because her mother is needy.
5. How long did Henrietta Davis's mother take care of Henrietta's children?
(a) A few months.
(b) Their whole childhood.
(c) one year.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
2. What did Ruby do with the rest of the AFDC money?
3. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
4. What kin did people in the Flats feel most obligated to?
5. In what year did Stack begin her study?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)