|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
2. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her older cousin.
(d) Her father.
3. What is the Jackson family's average income?
4. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
(a) A maternal aunt.
(b) Another maternal family member.
(c) The maternal grandmother.
(d) The child's father or his mother.
5. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As an outsider.
(b) As a teacher.
(c) As a friend.
(d) As family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kin did people in the Flats feel most obligated to?
2. What were Ann's sisters names?
3. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
4. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
5. What is the name of Stack's son?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)