|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
(a) John. Allen.
(b) W.E.B. DuBois.
(c) John Goodnough.
(d) Carol Stack.
2. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
(a) Her older cousin.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
(a) White families.
(b) Mainstream society.
(c) The status quo.
(d) Their past culture.
4. What was Julia's cousin's name?
5. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
2. How many years had the Jacksons been in the Flats when Stack met them?
3. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
4. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
5. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)