|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Residents of the Flats.
(b) Their social workers.
(c) People outside the community.
(d) Their friends.
2. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Victims in Charge.
(b) The Blame Game.
(c) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(d) Blaming the Victim.
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
(a) Their past culture.
(b) The status quo.
(c) White families.
(d) Mainstream society.
4. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Temporary child exchange.
(c) Getting to know new people.
(d) Large kin groups.
5. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
(a) John Goodnough.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) W.E.B. DuBois.
(d) John. Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
2. Who raised Clover's daughter?
3. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
4. How much did Ann offer to pay Georgia to watch her daughter?
5. How long did Henrietta Davis's mother take care of Henrietta's children?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)