|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
(a) To get a hand up.
(b) To gain friends.
(c) To be more social.
(d) To have more people who are obligated to help them.
2. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
3. How many children did Geraldine Penney have?
4. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
(b) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
(c) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(d) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
5. How old was Bernard Smith when he went to live with his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
2. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
3. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
4. How long did Henrietta Davis's mother take care of Henrietta's children?
5. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)