|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't Ruby believe in?
(c) Having friends.
2. What is Leo Jackson's job?
(a) Construction worker.
(b) Truck driver.
(c) Hod carrier.
3. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
(a) Women in power.
(b) Leaders of the community.
(c) Men in power.
4. How often did kin exchange items and services?
(c) Daily, sometimes hourly.
5. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
(c) Low paying.
(d) Long term.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
2. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
3. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
4. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
5. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)