|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
2. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
(a) That they are unreliable.
(b) That they are unwilling to get ahead in life.
(c) Popular stereotypes.
(d) The status quo.
3. What is another term for welfare?
4. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(b) By their surnames.
(c) By a nicknames.
(d) By their first names.
5. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
(a) A gravel road.
(b) A major highway.
(c) A neighborhood.
(d) A major rail line.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
2. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
3. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
4. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
5. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)