|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did people in the Flats increase their social circle?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Through swapping.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Talking to new people.
2. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) One year.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
3. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
4. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
(a) Economic and personal.
(b) Personal and professional.
(c) Social and economic.
(d) Family and social.
5. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
2. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
3. How old was Loretta when she went to live with her mother?
4. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
5. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)