|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Child-Keeping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
2. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) Because of the kins neediness.
(b) It is necessary to survive.
(c) Because of their relationship.
(d) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
3. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
4. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
5. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
(a) The status quo.
(b) Popular stereotypes.
(c) That they are unwilling to get ahead in life.
(d) That they are unreliable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Geraldine Penney have?
2. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
3. Why did those in the Flats need cooperative support?
4. Who did Ruby trade corn bread and greens with so that she could get milk and diapers?
5. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)