|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another term for welfare?
2. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
(a) Because her mother is elderly.
(b) Because her mother is needy.
(c) Because it is her duty.
(d) Because she is family.
3. What is the Jackson family's average income?
4. In what year did Stack begin her study?
5. What did Ruby do with the rest of the AFDC money?
(a) Buy a couch.
(b) Wash clothes.
(c) Buy new clothes.
(d) Buy food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kin did people in the Flats feel most obligated to?
2. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
3. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
4. How old was Julia?
5. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)