|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Jackson family's average income?
2. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
(a) That they are unwilling to get ahead in life.
(b) That they are unreliable.
(c) Popular stereotypes.
(d) The status quo.
3. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
4. How did people in the Flats increase their social circle?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Talking to new people.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Through swapping.
5. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
(a) Small community.
(c) Poor area.
(d) Urbanized area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
2. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
3. What affects a person's perception?
4. What kin did people in the Flats feel most obligated to?
5. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)