|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
2. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Victims in Charge.
(b) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(c) The Blame Game.
(d) Blaming the Victim.
3. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
(a) She found them on her own.
(b) By befriending children.
(c) By holding a meet and greet.
(d) Through a young woman in the community.
4. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) While babysitting for a friend.
(b) In the grocery store.
(c) While doing laundry.
(d) At her university.
5. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(c) Service workers.
(d) Maintenance workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
2. What is another term for welfare?
3. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
4. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
5. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)