|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(b) As very important.
2. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
3. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
(a) Their lack of resources.
(b) The white community.
(c) The nature of the American economy.
4. What kin did people in the Flats feel most obligated to?
5. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
(c) Leaders of the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Viola Jackson's job?
2. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
3. Why did those in the Flats need cooperative support?
4. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
5. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)