|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
2. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
3. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
4. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) Economic stress and discrimination.
(b) Lack of resources.
(d) The nature of the American economy.
5. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
2. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
3. What does AFDC stand for?
4. How did people in the Flats increase their social circle?
5. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)