|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
2. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
3. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
4. How long did it take for Magnolia and Calvin Waters inheritance to be spent?
(a) One and a half months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
5. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
(a) Social and economic.
(b) Family and social.
(c) Personal and professional.
(d) Economic and personal.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
2. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
3. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
4. Why did those in the Flats need cooperative support?
5. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)