|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Large kin groups.
(c) Temporary child exchange.
(d) Getting to know new people.
2. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
3. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(b) John and Sylvia Waters.
(c) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(d) Leo and Viola Jackson.
4. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
5. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
2. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
3. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
4. What kin did people in the Flats feel most obligated to?
5. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)