|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
(a) Women and children.
2. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To prevent biased research studies.
(b) To take care of the children.
(c) To prevent discrimination.
(d) To protect the people of the community.
3. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
(a) To get a hand up.
(b) To be more social.
(c) To gain friends.
(d) To have more people who are obligated to help them.
4. What is Viola Jackson's job?
5. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(a) By their first names.
(b) By their surnames.
(d) By a nicknames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
2. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
3. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
4. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
5. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)