|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
2. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
(a) Men in power.
(b) Single men.
(c) Single women.
(d) Poor families.
3. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
(a) To protect them from the mainstream.
(b) To protect identities.
(c) Because they asked her too.
(d) To keep them from getting kicked off welfare.
4. How did people in the Flats increase their social circle?
(a) Through swapping.
(b) Helping others.
(c) Talking to new people.
(d) Making friends.
5. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
(b) Because of their relationship.
(c) It is necessary to survive.
(d) Because of the kins neediness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
2. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
3. How often did kin exchange items and services?
4. What causes a necessity for exchanging things and services in the Flats?
5. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)