|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their dependency on kin.
(b) Their ability to think outside the box.
(c) Their ingenuity.
(d) Their resourcefulness.
2. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
(a) To keep them from getting kicked off welfare.
(b) To protect them from the mainstream.
(c) To protect identities.
(d) Because they asked her too.
3. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
(a) The government
(b) Lack of jobs.
(c) Lack of education.
(d) Mainstream society.
4. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
(b) They were looked down on.
(c) Unfair treatment.
5. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
(a) Carol Stack.
(b) John. Allen.
(c) John Goodnough.
(d) W.E.B. DuBois.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Julia?
2. What is Viola Jackson's job?
3. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
4. What did Ruby do with the rest of the AFDC money?
5. What was Julia's cousin's name?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)