|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
2. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
(a) Mother in charge.
(d) Mother run family.
3. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
(a) Because her mother is elderly.
(b) Because her mother is needy.
(c) Because it is her duty.
(d) Because she is family.
4. What was Julia's cousin's name?
5. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
2. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
3. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
4. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
5. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)