|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
2. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
(a) Personal and professional.
(b) Family and social.
(c) Economic and personal.
(d) Social and economic.
3. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
4. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
(a) Leaders of the community.
(b) Men in power.
(d) Women in power.
5. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(b) Service workers.
(d) Maintenance workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
2. What does AFDC stand for?
3. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
4. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
5. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)