|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of the black population in Jackson Harbor is unemployed?
2. How many children do the Jacksons have?
3. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
4. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
5. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
(a) To get a hand up.
(b) To gain friends.
(c) To have more people who are obligated to help them.
(d) To be more social.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
2. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
3. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
4. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
5. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)