|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the AFDC send Ruby to get a new couch?
2. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
3. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
4. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
(a) The government
(b) Mainstream society.
(c) Lack of jobs.
(d) Lack of education.
5. What is Leo Jackson's job?
(b) Construction worker.
(c) Hod carrier.
(d) Truck driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
2. What does AFDC stand for?
3. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
4. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
5. How did people in the Flats increase their social circle?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)