|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
(a) By holding a meet and greet.
(b) Through a young woman in the community.
(c) She found them on her own.
(d) By befriending children.
2. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
(c) Low paying.
(d) Long term.
3. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
4. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(b) Maintenance workers.
(c) Service workers.
5. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(a) As very important.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
2. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
3. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
4. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
5. How were people who refused to swap viewed?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)