|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) In the grocery store.
(b) While doing laundry.
(c) At her university.
(d) While babysitting for a friend.
2. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
(a) Men in power.
(b) Single women.
(c) Poor families.
(d) Single men.
3. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Their social workers.
(b) Their friends.
(c) People outside the community.
(d) Residents of the Flats.
4. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
2. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
3. How often did kin exchange items and services?
4. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
5. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)