|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
2. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) Lack of resources.
(b) Economic stress and discrimination.
(d) The nature of the American economy.
3. How long did it take for Magnolia and Calvin Waters inheritance to be spent?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One and a half months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
4. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(a) By their first names.
(b) By their surnames.
(d) By a nicknames.
5. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
(a) Single women.
(b) Poor families.
(c) Men in power.
(d) Single men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
2. What didn't Ruby believe in?
3. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
4. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
5. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)