|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does AFDC stand for?
(a) All of Future Dependency Construction.
(b) Aid to Families with Dependent Children.
(c) Aid to Fund Dependecy Collections.
(d) Area of Future Development Construction.
2. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
(a) Because they asked her too.
(b) To keep them from getting kicked off welfare.
(c) To protect them from the mainstream.
(d) To protect identities.
3. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
4. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
(a) A major rail line.
(b) A neighborhood.
(c) A major highway.
(d) A gravel road.
5. How did people in the Flats increase their social circle?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Through swapping.
(c) Talking to new people.
(d) Making friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
2. What didn't Ruby believe in?
3. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
4. What affects a person's perception?
5. Who did Ruby trade corn bread and greens with so that she could get milk and diapers?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)