|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
2. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Elliott Stickler.
(c) Hylan Lewis.
(d) Carol Stack.
3. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
(a) She moved them to a different city.
(b) She left out important details.
(c) She changed their names.
(d) She made them up.
4. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
(a) The status quo.
(b) That they are unreliable.
(c) Popular stereotypes.
(d) That they are unwilling to get ahead in life.
5. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
(b) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does AFDC stand for?
2. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
3. What is Viola Jackson's job?
4. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
5. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)