|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
2. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
3. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
4. What kin did people in the Flats feel most obligated to?
5. What did Ruby do with the rest of the AFDC money?
(a) Buy a couch.
(b) Wash clothes.
(c) Buy food.
(d) Buy new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does AFDC stand for?
2. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
3. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
4. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
5. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)