|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Their friends.
(b) People outside the community.
(c) Residents of the Flats.
(d) Their social workers.
2. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
3. How long did it take for Magnolia and Calvin Waters inheritance to be spent?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One and a half months.
(d) Two months.
4. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
(a) The white community.
(b) Their lack of resources.
(c) The nature of the American economy.
5. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
2. What is another term for welfare?
3. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
4. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
5. What didn't Ruby believe in?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)