|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It broke down constantly.
(b) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(c) It was unreliable.
(d) It was dangerous.
2. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
3. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(a) By their first names.
(b) By a nicknames.
(d) By their surnames.
4. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
(a) John. Allen.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) W.E.B. DuBois.
(d) John Goodnough.
5. What is another term for welfare?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
2. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
3. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
4. How many years had the Jacksons been in the Flats when Stack met them?
5. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)