|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(a) By their surnames.
(b) By their first names.
(c) By a nicknames.
2. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
(b) Because of the kins neediness.
(c) It is necessary to survive.
(d) Because of their relationship.
3. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
(a) Because her mother is needy.
(b) Because her mother is elderly.
(c) Because it is her duty.
(d) Because she is family.
4. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
(a) Poor area.
(b) Urbanized area.
(d) Small community.
5. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
2. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
3. What did Ruby do with the rest of the AFDC money?
4. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
5. What was the age range of most of the adults Stack studied?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)