|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As a friend.
(b) As a teacher.
(c) As an outsider.
(d) As family.
2. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) John and Sylvia Waters.
(b) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(c) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(d) Leo and Viola Jackson.
3. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
4. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Their social workers.
(b) Residents of the Flats.
(c) People outside the community.
(d) Their friends.
5. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were people who refused to swap viewed?
2. What is the Jackson family's average income?
3. What did those in the Flats usually call trading?
4. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
5. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)