|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did those in the Flats usually call trading?
2. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
(a) The government
(b) Lack of education.
(c) Mainstream society.
(d) Lack of jobs.
3. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
(a) Social and economic.
(b) Family and social.
(c) Personal and professional.
(d) Economic and personal.
4. How many children do the Jacksons have?
5. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
2. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
3. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
4. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
5. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)