|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
(a) The nature of the American economy.
(b) The white community.
(d) Their lack of resources.
2. Who wrote "Tomorrow's Tomorrow"?
(a) Elliot Stickler.
(b) Joyce Ladner.
(c) Carol Stack.
(d) John Adams.
3. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
(b) Failure to understand.
(d) Lack of ability.
4. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
5. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
(a) Large kin groups.
(b) Getting to know new people.
(c) Helping others.
(d) Temporary child exchange.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
2. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
3. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
4. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
5. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)