|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
2. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
3. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It broke down constantly.
(b) It was unreliable.
(c) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(d) It was dangerous.
4. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
(b) Long term.
(c) Low paying.
5. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
(a) Mainstream society.
(b) The government
(c) Lack of jobs.
(d) Lack of education.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were people who refused to swap viewed?
2. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
3. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
4. What percentage of the black population in Jackson Harbor is unemployed?
5. What is the name of Stack's son?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)