|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Swapping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did those in the Flats need cooperative support?
(a) To help each other.
(b) To survive.
(c) To make life easier.
(d) To gain kin.
2. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
(a) Lack of ability.
(c) Failure to understand.
3. What is the Jackson family's average income?
4. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
(a) That they are unreliable.
(b) The status quo.
(c) Popular stereotypes.
(d) That they are unwilling to get ahead in life.
5. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
2. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
3. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
4. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
5. What didn't Ruby believe in?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)