|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
(a) To get a hand up.
(b) To have more people who are obligated to help them.
(c) To be more social.
(d) To gain friends.
2. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
(a) Economic and personal.
(b) Social and economic.
(c) Personal and professional.
(d) Family and social.
3. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
(a) Lack of education.
(b) Mainstream society.
(c) The government
(d) Lack of jobs.
4. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Blaming the Victim.
(b) The Blame Game.
(c) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(d) Victims in Charge.
5. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
2. What is the name of Stack's son?
3. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
4. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
5. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)