|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) While doing laundry.
(b) At her university.
(c) While babysitting for a friend.
(d) In the grocery store.
2. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
(a) To gain friends.
(b) To have more people who are obligated to help them.
(c) To get a hand up.
(d) To be more social.
3. What is the name of Stack's son?
4. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
5. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It was dangerous.
(b) It broke down constantly.
(c) It was unreliable.
(d) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
2. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
3. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
4. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
5. What affects a person's perception?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)