|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As an outsider.
(b) As a friend.
(c) As a teacher.
(d) As family.
2. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
3. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) Economic stress and discrimination.
(b) Lack of resources.
(c) The nature of the American economy.
4. In what year did Stack begin her study?
5. What causes a necessity for exchanging things and services in the Flats?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
2. What percentage of the black population in Jackson Harbor is unemployed?
3. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
4. How many years had the Jacksons been in the Flats when Stack met them?
5. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)