|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Their friends.
(b) People outside the community.
(c) Residents of the Flats.
(d) Their social workers.
2. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
3. What is Viola Jackson's job?
4. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
(a) To present a better image of themselves to the white community.
(b) To help their community.
(c) To get assistance from the government.
(d) To enlighten others to their plight.
5. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(d) As very important.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
2. How many years had the Jacksons been in the Flats when Stack met them?
3. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
4. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
5. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)