|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To protect the people of the community.
(b) To take care of the children.
(c) To prevent biased research studies.
(d) To prevent discrimination.
2. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) Lack of resources.
(c) The nature of the American economy.
(d) Economic stress and discrimination.
3. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
(a) Popular stereotypes.
(b) That they are unwilling to get ahead in life.
(c) The status quo.
(d) That they are unreliable.
4. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
(b) Lack of ability.
(c) Failure to understand.
5. What is the name of Stack's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
2. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
3. What causes a necessity for exchanging things and services in the Flats?
4. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
5. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)