|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
2. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
3. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
4. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
(a) The white community.
(b) Their lack of resources.
(d) The nature of the American economy.
5. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(b) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(c) John and Sylvia Waters.
(d) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
2. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
3. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
4. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
5. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)