|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
2. Who wrote "Tomorrow's Tomorrow"?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Joyce Ladner.
(c) Elliot Stickler.
(d) Carol Stack.
3. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
(a) A major highway.
(b) A gravel road.
(c) A neighborhood.
(d) A major rail line.
4. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
(b) Urbanized area.
(c) Poor area.
(d) Small community.
5. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
2. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
3. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
4. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
5. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)