|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) Because of the kins neediness.
(b) It is necessary to survive.
(c) Because of their relationship.
(d) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
2. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
3. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
4. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As an outsider.
(b) As family.
(c) As a teacher.
(d) As a friend.
5. What is Leo Jackson's job?
(a) Construction worker.
(b) Hod carrier.
(c) Truck driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
2. What is the Jackson family's average income?
3. What causes a necessity for exchanging things and services in the Flats?
4. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
5. What is another term for welfare?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)