|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) At her university.
(b) While babysitting for a friend.
(c) In the grocery store.
(d) While doing laundry.
2. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(b) John and Sylvia Waters
(c) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(d) Leo and Viola Jackson.
3. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
4. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As family.
(b) As a teacher.
(c) As a friend.
(d) As an outsider.
5. What is the Jackson family's average income?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
2. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
3. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
4. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
5. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)