|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
2. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
3. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
(b) Low paying.
(d) Long term.
4. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To prevent discrimination.
(b) To protect the people of the community.
(c) To prevent biased research studies.
(d) To take care of the children.
5. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
2. How many children do the Jacksons have?
3. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
4. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
5. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)