|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(a) By their surnames.
(b) By their first names.
(d) By a nicknames.
2. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) The nature of the American economy.
(b) Lack of resources.
(d) Economic stress and discrimination.
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
(a) Their past culture.
(b) Mainstream society.
(c) The status quo.
(d) White families.
4. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(b) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(c) John and Sylvia Waters
(d) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
5. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
2. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
4. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
5. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)