|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
2. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
3. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
(b) Small community.
(c) Urbanized area.
(d) Poor area.
4. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
2. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
3. What does AFDC stand for?
4. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
5. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)