|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To prevent biased research studies.
(b) To prevent discrimination.
(c) To protect the people of the community.
(d) To take care of the children.
2. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) While doing laundry.
(b) In the grocery store.
(c) While babysitting for a friend.
(d) At her university.
3. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
(a) Failure to understand.
(d) Lack of ability.
4. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Blaming the Victim.
(b) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(c) Victims in Charge.
(d) The Blame Game.
5. What is another term for welfare?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
2. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
3. What is the Jackson family's average income?
4. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
5. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)