|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(b) John and Sylvia Waters.
(c) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(d) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
2. What affects a person's perception?
(b) Their upbringing.
(d) Their intelligence.
3. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) People outside the community.
(b) Their friends.
(c) Residents of the Flats.
(d) Their social workers.
4. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
5. How many children do the Jacksons have?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
2. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
3. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
4. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
5. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)