|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does AFDC stand for?
(a) Aid to Families with Dependent Children.
(b) Aid to Fund Dependecy Collections.
(c) Area of Future Development Construction.
(d) All of Future Dependency Construction.
2. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
(a) John Goodnough.
(b) W.E.B. DuBois.
(c) John. Allen.
(d) Carol Stack.
3. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
(a) Oppressor and oppressed.
(c) Teacher and student.
4. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(a) By their surnames.
(b) By their first names.
(d) By a nicknames.
5. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
(a) Getting to know new people.
(b) Helping others.
(c) Large kin groups.
(d) Temporary child exchange.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
2. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
3. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
4. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
5. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)