|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
(a) Poor area.
(b) Small community.
(c) Urbanized area.
2. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
3. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
(a) The south.
(b) The north.
(c) The west.
(d) The midwest.
4. What was the age range of most of the adults Stack studied?
5. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
(a) Carol Stack.
(b) John. Allen.
(c) W.E.B. DuBois.
(d) John Goodnough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
2. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
3. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
4. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
5. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)