|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
2. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
(a) The status quo.
(b) Mainstream society.
(c) White families.
(d) Their past culture.
3. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To prevent biased research studies.
(b) To prevent discrimination.
(c) To protect the people of the community.
(d) To take care of the children.
4. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
5. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
(a) Oppressor and oppressed.
(c) Teacher and student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
2. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
3. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
4. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
5. What was the age range of most of the adults Stack studied?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)