|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
(a) To keep them from getting kicked off welfare.
(b) To protect identities.
(c) Because they asked her too.
(d) To protect them from the mainstream.
2. How many years had the Jacksons been in the Flats when Stack met them?
3. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) John and Sylvia Waters
(b) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(c) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(d) Leo and Viola Jackson.
4. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To protect the people of the community.
(b) To take care of the children.
(c) To prevent biased research studies.
(d) To prevent discrimination.
5. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
(c) Long term.
(d) Low paying.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
2. What is Leo Jackson's job?
3. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
4. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
5. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)