|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leo Jackson's job?
(a) Hod carrier.
(b) Truck driver.
(d) Construction worker.
2. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
(a) To have more people who are obligated to help them.
(b) To gain friends.
(c) To be more social.
(d) To get a hand up.
3. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
(a) Mother in charge.
(d) Mother run family.
4. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
(a) She made them up.
(b) She left out important details.
(c) She changed their names.
(d) She moved them to a different city.
5. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
(a) Leaders of the community.
(c) Women in power.
(d) Men in power.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
2. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
3. What is Viola Jackson's job?
4. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)