|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
2. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
3. What is another term for welfare?
4. What does AFDC stand for?
(a) All of Future Dependency Construction.
(b) Aid to Families with Dependent Children.
(c) Aid to Fund Dependecy Collections.
(d) Area of Future Development Construction.
5. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
(a) Poor families.
(b) Single men.
(c) Single women.
(d) Men in power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
2. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
3. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
4. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
5. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)