|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(b) It was unreliable.
(c) It was dangerous.
(d) It broke down constantly.
2. How many children do the Jacksons have?
3. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) The Blame Game.
(b) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(c) Blaming the Victim.
(d) Victims in Charge.
4. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
(a) Because they asked her too.
(b) To protect them from the mainstream.
(c) To protect identities.
(d) To keep them from getting kicked off welfare.
5. In what year did Stack begin her study?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
2. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
3. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
4. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
5. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)