|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
(a) A major highway.
(b) A gravel road.
(c) A neighborhood.
(d) A major rail line.
2. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
3. What is Leo Jackson's job?
(a) Truck driver.
(c) Construction worker.
(d) Hod carrier.
4. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Their friends.
(b) People outside the community.
(c) Their social workers.
(d) Residents of the Flats.
5. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
2. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
3. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
4. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
5. What is Viola Jackson's job?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)