|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
2. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
(a) To protect them from the mainstream.
(b) Because they asked her too.
(c) To protect identities.
(d) To keep them from getting kicked off welfare.
3. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
(a) The midwest.
(b) The south.
(c) The west.
(d) The north.
4. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
(a) She changed their names.
(b) She moved them to a different city.
(c) She made them up.
(d) She left out important details.
5. What percentage of the black population in Jackson Harbor is unemployed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
2. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
3. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
4. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
5. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)