|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
(d) South Carolina.
2. Who wrote "Tomorrow's Tomorrow"?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Elliot Stickler.
(c) Joyce Ladner.
(d) Carol Stack.
3. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
(a) By befriending children.
(b) She found them on her own.
(c) By holding a meet and greet.
(d) Through a young woman in the community.
4. What does AFDC stand for?
(a) Aid to Families with Dependent Children.
(b) Aid to Fund Dependecy Collections.
(c) All of Future Dependency Construction.
(d) Area of Future Development Construction.
5. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As a friend.
(b) As a teacher.
(c) As family.
(d) As an outsider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
2. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
3. What is Leo Jackson's job?
4. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
5. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)