|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
2. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
3. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
4. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(a) Service workers.
(d) Maintenance workers.
5. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
(a) Single women.
(b) Poor families.
(c) Men in power.
(d) Single men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
2. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
3. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
4. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. How many years had the Jacksons been in the Flats when Stack met them?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)