|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Stack's son?
2. What percentage of the black population in Jackson Harbor is unemployed?
3. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
(b) Failure to understand.
(c) Lack of ability.
4. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
(a) Single women.
(b) Men in power.
(c) Poor families.
(d) Single men.
5. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
2. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
3. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
4. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
5. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)