|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
(a) By befriending children.
(b) Through a young woman in the community.
(c) By holding a meet and greet.
(d) She found them on her own.
2. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
3. Who wrote "Tomorrow's Tomorrow"?
(a) Joyce Ladner.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Elliot Stickler.
4. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
5. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As a teacher.
(b) As a friend.
(c) As an outsider.
(d) As family.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
2. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
3. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
4. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
5. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)