|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
2. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As a friend.
(b) As a teacher.
(c) As an outsider.
(d) As family.
3. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
4. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(a) As very important.
5. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
2. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
3. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
4. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
5. What is Viola Jackson's job?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)