|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
(b) They were looked down on.
(d) Unfair treatment.
2. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To protect the people of the community.
(b) To prevent biased research studies.
(c) To take care of the children.
(d) To prevent discrimination.
3. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
4. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(a) By a nicknames.
(b) By their first names.
(d) By their surnames.
5. What is the Jackson family's average income?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Stack's son?
2. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
3. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
4. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. What affects a person's perception?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)