|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(b) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(c) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(d) John and Sylvia Waters.
2. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
(a) Single women.
(b) Men in power.
(c) Poor families.
(d) Single men.
3. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
(a) Lack of ability.
(b) Failure to understand.
4. What does AFDC stand for?
(a) Aid to Fund Dependecy Collections.
(b) Aid to Families with Dependent Children.
(c) Area of Future Development Construction.
(d) All of Future Dependency Construction.
5. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
(a) To protect them from the mainstream.
(b) To protect identities.
(c) Because they asked her too.
(d) To keep them from getting kicked off welfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
2. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
3. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
4. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
5. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)