|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(b) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(c) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(d) John and Sylvia Waters
2. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It was dangerous.
(b) It was unreliable.
(c) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(d) It broke down constantly.
3. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
4. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
(a) Poor families.
(b) Single women.
(c) Single men.
(d) Men in power.
5. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
(a) She left out important details.
(b) She changed their names.
(c) She moved them to a different city.
(d) She made them up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
2. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
3. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
4. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
5. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)