|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
2. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(b) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(c) John and Sylvia Waters
(d) Leo and Viola Jackson.
3. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Their friends.
(b) Their social workers.
(c) Residents of the Flats.
(d) People outside the community.
4. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
5. What is the Jackson family's average income?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
2. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
3. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
4. How many children do the Jacksons have?
5. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)