|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
(a) To help their community.
(b) To present a better image of themselves to the white community.
(c) To enlighten others to their plight.
(d) To get assistance from the government.
2. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To prevent biased research studies.
(b) To prevent discrimination.
(c) To take care of the children.
(d) To protect the people of the community.
3. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
4. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
(a) By befriending children.
(b) By holding a meet and greet.
(c) She found them on her own.
(d) Through a young woman in the community.
5. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It was unreliable.
(b) It was dangerous.
(c) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(d) It broke down constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Tomorrow's Tomorrow"?
2. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
3. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
4. How many children do the Jacksons have?
5. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)