|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
2. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(b) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(c) John and Sylvia Waters.
(d) Leo and Viola Jackson.
3. What is Leo Jackson's job?
(a) Hod carrier.
(b) Truck driver.
(c) Construction worker.
4. What affects a person's perception?
(b) Their intelligence.
(c) Their upbringing.
5. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It was dangerous.
(b) It was unreliable.
(c) It broke down constantly.
(d) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
2. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
3. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
4. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)