|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
2. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
3. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
(b) They were looked down on.
(d) Unfair treatment.
4. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(a) Service workers.
(c) Maintenance workers.
5. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
(a) Oppressor and oppressed.
(b) Teacher and student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
2. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
3. What does AFDC stand for?
4. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
5. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)