|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(c) As very important.
2. Who wrote "Tomorrow's Tomorrow"?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Joyce Ladner.
(c) Elliot Stickler.
(d) Carol Stack.
3. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
4. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
(a) The south.
(b) The north.
(c) The midwest.
(d) The west.
5. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Their social workers.
(b) People outside the community.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Residents of the Flats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
2. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
3. What is Leo Jackson's job?
4. What is the Jackson family's average income?
5. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)