|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(b) By their surnames.
(c) By their first names.
(d) By a nicknames.
2. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
3. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
(b) Leaders of the community.
4. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
(a) Leaders of the community.
(b) Women in power.
(d) Men in power.
5. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As a teacher.
(b) As an outsider.
(c) As family.
(d) As a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
2. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
3. How many children do the Jacksons have?
4. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
5. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)