|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Flats.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(b) Maintenance workers.
(c) Service workers.
2. How many years had the Jacksons been in the Flats when Stack met them?
3. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
(a) She made them up.
(b) She moved them to a different city.
(c) She left out important details.
(d) She changed their names.
4. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(b) It was dangerous.
(c) It was unreliable.
(d) It broke down constantly.
5. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
2. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
3. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
4. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
5. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)