Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
(a) To enlighten others to their plight.
(b) To present a better image of themselves to the white community.
(c) To help their community.
(d) To get assistance from the government.
2. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
(a) Leaders of the community.
3. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
4. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their ability to think outside the box.
(b) Their resourcefulness.
(c) Their ingenuity.
(d) Their dependency on kin.
5. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
(b) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
2. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
3. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
4. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
5. What affects a person's perception?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)