|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Women and Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
2. How often did kin exchange items and services?
(a) Daily, sometimes hourly.
3. What does AFDC stand for?
(a) Aid to Families with Dependent Children.
(b) Aid to Fund Dependecy Collections.
(c) All of Future Dependency Construction.
(d) Area of Future Development Construction.
4. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
(b) South Carolina.
5. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
2. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
3. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
4. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
5. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)