|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Women and Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) Economic stress and discrimination.
(b) The nature of the American economy.
(d) Lack of resources.
2. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
(a) A neighborhood.
(b) A gravel road.
(c) A major highway.
(d) A major rail line.
3. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) Because of their relationship.
(b) It is necessary to survive.
(c) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
(d) Because of the kins neediness.
4. What affects a person's perception?
(a) Their upbringing.
(d) Their intelligence.
5. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
(a) She was evicted.
(b) She lost a child.
(c) She got married.
(d) She got pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
2. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
3. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
4. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)