|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Women and Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
(a) A neighborhood.
(b) A gravel road.
(c) A major highway.
(d) A major rail line.
2. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(a) Maintenance workers.
(c) Service workers.
3. What was the name of the cousin that Julia Ambrose lived with?
4. How much did Ann offer to pay Georgia to watch her daughter?
(a) $15 per week.
(b) $10 per week.
(c) $20 per week.
(d) $5 per week.
5. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
(a) John Goodnough.
(b) W.E.B. DuBois.
(c) Carol Stack.
(d) John. Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
2. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
3. What was the age range of most of the adults Stack studied?
4. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
5. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)