|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Women and Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
2. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
3. Who wrote that "the job fails the man, and the man fails the job"?
(a) Alex Reaves.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) Elliot Liebow.
(d) John Goodwin.
4. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their resourcefulness.
(b) Their dependency on kin.
(c) Their ingenuity.
(d) Their ability to think outside the box.
5. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
(a) Because her mother is elderly.
(b) Because it is her duty.
(c) Because her mother is needy.
(d) Because she is family.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
2. How many children did Ruby have?
3. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
4. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
5. What causes a necessity for exchanging things and services in the Flats?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)