|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Women and Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What days of the week did Amanda stay with her uncle?
(a) Thursday and Sunday.
(b) Friday and Saturday.
(c) Sunday and Tuesday.
(d) Wednesday and Monday.
2. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
3. How much of the AFDC money did Ruby give her mom?
4. How often did kin exchange items and services?
(d) Daily, sometimes hourly.
5. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
(a) Because her mother is elderly.
(b) Because her mother is needy.
(c) Because it is her duty.
(d) Because she is family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
2. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
3. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
4. Who took Loretta in when she turned five?
5. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)