|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Blaming the Victim.
(b) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(c) Victims in Charge.
(d) The Blame Game.
2. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) Economic stress and discrimination.
(b) The nature of the American economy.
(d) Lack of resources.
3. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
(a) By befriending children.
(b) She found them on her own.
(c) Through a young woman in the community.
(d) By holding a meet and greet.
4. Who wrote "Tomorrow's Tomorrow"?
(a) Joyce Ladner.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Elliot Stickler.
5. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
(a) Hylan Lewis.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Elliott Stickler.
(d) Carol Stack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
2. What does AFDC stand for?
3. What is Viola Jackson's job?
4. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
5. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)