|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As an outsider.
(b) As a teacher.
(c) As family.
(d) As a friend.
2. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
(b) Teacher and student.
(d) Oppressor and oppressed.
3. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
(a) The south.
(b) The north.
(c) The west.
(d) The midwest.
4. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) It is necessary to survive.
(b) Because of their relationship.
(c) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
(d) Because of the kins neediness.
5. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their ingenuity.
(b) Their resourcefulness.
(c) Their ability to think outside the box.
(d) Their dependency on kin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
2. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
3. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
4. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
5. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)