|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
(b) South Carolina.
2. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) John and Sylvia Waters.
(b) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(c) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(d) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
3. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It broke down constantly.
(b) It was dangerous.
(c) It was unreliable.
(d) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
4. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Getting to know new people.
(c) Large kin groups.
(d) Temporary child exchange.
5. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) John and Sylvia Waters
(b) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(c) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(d) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Jacksons have?
2. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
4. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
5. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)