|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the age range of most of the adults Stack studied?
2. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
(a) The west.
(b) The midwest.
(c) The south.
(d) The north.
3. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) While babysitting for a friend.
(b) In the grocery store.
(c) While doing laundry.
(d) At her university.
4. What affects a person's perception?
(a) Their upbringing.
(b) Their intelligence.
5. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
2. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
3. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
4. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
5. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)