|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
(b) By their first names.
(c) By their surnames.
(d) By a nicknames.
2. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
(a) The government
(b) Lack of jobs.
(c) Mainstream society.
(d) Lack of education.
3. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(b) John and Sylvia Waters.
(c) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(d) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
4. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
(b) Men in power.
(c) Women in power.
(d) Leaders of the community.
5. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
2. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
3. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
4. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. How many children do the Jacksons have?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)