|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(b) The Blame Game.
(c) Victims in Charge.
(d) Blaming the Victim.
2. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
(c) Teacher and student.
(d) Oppressor and oppressed.
3. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Residents of the Flats.
(b) Their friends.
(c) People outside the community.
(d) Their social workers.
4. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(b) John and Sylvia Waters
(c) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(d) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
5. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
(a) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the age range of most of the adults Stack studied?
2. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
3. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
4. What is the name of Stack's son?
5. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)