|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
(b) Leaders of the community.
2. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Getting to know new people.
(c) Large kin groups.
(d) Temporary child exchange.
3. What is Leo Jackson's job?
(a) Hod carrier.
(b) Truck driver.
(d) Construction worker.
4. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Blaming the Victim.
(b) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(c) Victims in Charge.
(d) The Blame Game.
5. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
(a) Oppressor and oppressed.
(b) Teacher and student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
2. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
3. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
4. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
5. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)