|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Victims in Charge.
(b) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(c) Blaming the Victim.
(d) The Blame Game.
2. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
(a) The status quo.
(b) White families.
(c) Mainstream society.
(d) Their past culture.
3. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
(b) Poor area.
(c) Urbanized area.
(d) Small community.
4. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
(a) The government
(b) Lack of education.
(c) Lack of jobs.
(d) Mainstream society.
5. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
(a) Carol Stack.
(b) John. Allen.
(c) W.E.B. DuBois.
(d) John Goodnough.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
2. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
3. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
4. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
5. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)