|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
(a) It broke down constantly.
(b) It was dangerous.
(c) It caused the families to become dependent on her.
(d) It was unreliable.
2. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their dependency on kin.
(b) Their resourcefulness.
(c) Their ability to think outside the box.
(d) Their ingenuity.
4. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
5. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) While doing laundry.
(b) While babysitting for a friend.
(c) In the grocery store.
(d) At her university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of the black population in Jackson Harbor is unemployed?
2. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
3. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
4. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)