|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their ingenuity.
(b) Their resourcefulness.
(c) Their ability to think outside the box.
(d) Their dependency on kin.
2. What is the name of Stack's son?
3. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
4. What is Viola Jackson's job?
5. According to Stack's findings, at what age do most blacks no longer have most of their original teeth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
2. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
3. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
4. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
5. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)