|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
(a) Low paying.
(d) Long term.
2. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To prevent biased research studies.
(b) To protect the people of the community.
(c) To take care of the children.
(d) To prevent discrimination.
3. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
4. In what year did Stack begin her study?
5. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their ingenuity.
(b) Their ability to think outside the box.
(c) Their resourcefulness.
(d) Their dependency on kin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of strategies was Stack studying in the Flats?
2. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
3. How did Stack protect the identities of those she interviewed?
4. What is another term for welfare?
5. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)