|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the US Census, what percent of white deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
2. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(a) Maintenance workers.
(b) Service workers.
3. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
4. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
5. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
(a) Social and economic.
(b) Economic and personal.
(c) Personal and professional.
(d) Family and social.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
2. In what year did Stack begin her study?
3. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
4. How many children do the Jacksons have?
5. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)