|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(b) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(c) John and Sylvia Waters
(d) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
2. What is another term for welfare?
3. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) Because of their relationship.
(b) Because of the kins neediness.
(c) It is necessary to survive.
(d) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
4. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
5. How did Stack come in contact with the families she studied?
(a) By holding a meet and greet.
(b) By befriending children.
(c) Through a young woman in the community.
(d) She found them on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
2. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
3. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
4. What affects a person's perception?
5. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)