|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
2. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(b) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(c) John and Sylvia Waters
(d) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
3. What type of people did researchers establish contact with?
(a) Women in power.
(b) Men in power.
(d) Leaders of the community.
4. What is the Jackson family's average income?
5. What percentage of Jackson Harbor's population is black?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
2. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
3. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
4. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
5. Why did Stack change names and locations in the book?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)