|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) Because of the kins neediness.
(b) It is necessary to survive.
(c) Because of their relationship.
(d) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
2. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
3. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
(a) To prevent biased research studies.
(b) To take care of the children.
(c) To prevent discrimination.
(d) To protect the people of the community.
4. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
(a) Social and economic.
(b) Family and social.
(c) Economic and personal.
(d) Personal and professional.
5. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
2. What is the Jackson family's average income?
3. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
4. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
5. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)