|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the relationship of a researcher and his subjects resemble?
(a) Teacher and student.
(d) Oppressor and oppressed.
2. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
(a) The south.
(b) The midwest.
(c) The north.
(d) The west.
3. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
4. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
(a) The government
(b) Mainstream society.
(c) Lack of education.
(d) Lack of jobs.
5. In the Flats kin feel a lot of pressure to help each other. Why is this?
(a) It is necessary to survive.
(b) They are viewed as greedy if they don't.
(c) Because of the kins neediness.
(d) Because of their relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
2. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
3. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
4. How was Stack's car a hindrance to her?
5. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)