|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
2. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) John and Sylvia Waters.
(b) Leo and Viola Jackson.
(c) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(d) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
3. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
4. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Victims in Charge.
(b) The Blame Game.
(c) Blaming the Victim.
(d) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
5. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
(a) Poor area.
(b) Small community.
(d) Urbanized area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
2. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
3. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
4. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
5. What was the age range of most of the adults Stack studied?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)