|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the population of Jackson Harbor?
2. In what part of the country is the Flats located?
(a) The midwest.
(b) The north.
(c) The west.
(d) The south.
3. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
(b) Urbanized area.
(c) Small community.
(d) Poor area.
4. In what year did Stack begin her study?
5. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
2. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
3. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
4. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
5. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)