|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
2. What causes a necessity for exchanging things and services in the Flats?
3. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Residents of the Flats.
(b) Their social workers.
(c) Their friends.
(d) People outside the community.
4. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
(a) As family.
(b) As a friend.
(c) As an outsider.
(d) As a teacher.
5. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of blacks live in unfit housing according to the US Census?
2. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
3. What percentage of the black population in Jackson Harbor is unemployed?
4. How did people in the Flats refer to their friends and neighbors?
5. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)