|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised Clover's daughter?
(a) She did.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her sister
(d) Her mother.
2. In what year did Stack begin her study?
3. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
4. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their ability to think outside the box.
(b) Their ingenuity.
(c) Their dependency on kin.
(d) Their resourcefulness.
5. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
(b) Failure to understand.
(c) Lack of ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
2. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
3. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
4. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
5. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)