|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) Lack of resources.
(b) Economic stress and discrimination.
(c) The nature of the American economy.
2. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(a) Service workers.
(d) Maintenance workers.
3. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
4. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
(a) Because it is her duty.
(b) Because she is family.
(c) Because her mother is elderly.
(d) Because her mother is needy.
5. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
(b) Lack of ability.
(c) Failure to understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
2. How old was Julia?
3. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
4. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
5. What didn't Ruby believe in?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)