|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
2. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) While doing laundry.
(b) While babysitting for a friend.
(c) In the grocery store.
(d) At her university.
3. In what year did Stack begin her study?
4. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(b) As very important.
5. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
(b) The white community.
(c) The nature of the American economy.
(d) Their lack of resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people in the Flats want to expand their group of kin?
2. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
4. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
5. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)