|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(a) As very important.
2. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
3. Who did Ruby trade corn bread and greens with so that she could get milk and diapers?
(a) Joann Allen.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) Virginia Thomas.
(d) Magnolia Waters.
4. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
(a) People they develop relationships with.
(b) Family friends.
(c) Their natural mother and father.
5. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
(a) She does.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her older sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the necessary income for a family of four in Jackson Harbor?
2. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
3. What was the age range of most of the adults Stack studied?
4. How many families was Stack introduced to in the beginning of her study?
5. What is Leo Jackson's job?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)