|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
(a) Another maternal family member.
(b) The child's father or his mother.
(c) A maternal aunt.
(d) The maternal grandmother.
2. In what decade did Stack begin her study?
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
(a) White families.
(b) The status quo.
(c) Mainstream society.
(d) Their past culture.
4. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
5. What are 63% of the black citizens in Jackson Harbor employed as?
(a) Maintenance workers.
(d) Service workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
2. How many children do the Jacksons have?
3. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
4. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
5. What was the most common thing those in the black community experienced when interacting with a white person?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)