|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their ability to think outside the box.
(b) Their ingenuity.
(c) Their resourcefulness.
(d) Their dependency on kin.
2. How was the person that Ruby traded corn bread and greens with related to her?
3. Where did Stack meet the girl that introduced her to the families in the Flats?
(a) At her university.
(b) While doing laundry.
(c) In the grocery store.
(d) While babysitting for a friend.
4. How many years had the Jacksons been in the Flats when Stack met them?
5. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
(a) She does.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main goal of the black activist organization in the Flats?
2. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
3. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
4. How were people who refused to swap viewed?
5. What is another term for welfare?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)