|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ruby trade corn bread and greens with so that she could get milk and diapers?
(a) Joann Allen.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) Virginia Thomas.
(d) Magnolia Waters.
2. Where did the Waters family live before moving to the Flats?
(a) South Carolina.
3. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
(d) Women and children.
4. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
(a) Their mother.
(b) The child's father.
(c) The paternal grandmother.
(d) A maternal aunt.
5. What kin did people in the Flats feel most obligated to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Clover's husband?
2. How much money did the AFDC send Ruby to get a new couch?
3. What is Viola Jackson's job?
4. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
5. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)