|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
(a) Long term.
(d) Low paying.
2. Why did those in the Flats need cooperative support?
(a) To help each other.
(b) To make life easier.
(c) To survive.
(d) To gain kin.
3. What is another term for welfare?
4. Who was the first family that Stack met in the Flats?
(a) Magnolia and Calvin Waters.
(b) John and Sylvia Waters.
(c) Ruby and Otis Jackson.
(d) Leo and Viola Jackson.
5. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
(a) A gravel road.
(b) A major highway.
(c) A neighborhood.
(d) A major rail line.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
2. How old was Julia?
3. Who was the second family that Stack met in the Flats?
4. What is Leo Jackson's job?
5. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)