|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
2. Who did residents of the Flats refer to by their surnames?
(a) Their friends.
(b) People outside the community.
(c) Residents of the Flats.
(d) Their social workers.
3. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
(c) Lack of ability.
(d) Failure to understand.
4. Who raised Clover's daughter?
(a) Her mother.
(b) She did.
(c) Her sister
(d) Her grandmother.
5. Who did Stack want to establish contact with?
(a) Single women.
(b) Men in power.
(c) Single men.
(d) Poor families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
2. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
3. What connects Jackson Harbor to Chicago?
4. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
5. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)