|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
2. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
(a) Temporary child exchange.
(b) Helping others.
(c) Large kin groups.
(d) Getting to know new people.
3. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
(d) Women and children.
4. Why did Ruby Banks feel an obligation to always swap with her mother?
(a) Because her mother is needy.
(b) Because her mother is elderly.
(c) Because she is family.
(d) Because it is her duty.
5. How many children did Billy have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
2. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
3. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
4. According to the US Census what percent of blacks live in deteriorating housing?
5. Who wrote the book "Method and Measurement in Sociology"?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)