|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
(a) Elliott Stickler.
(b) Hylan Lewis.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Carol Stack.
2. How does the US Census classify Jackson Harbor?
(a) Small community.
(b) Urbanized area.
(d) Poor area.
3. How were those who claimed to be the black leaders of the Flats viewed in their community?
(c) As very important.
4. How long did it take for Magnolia and Calvin Waters inheritance to be spent?
(a) Six months.
(b) One and a half months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three weeks.
5. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that without the help of kin a family may not be able to survive?
2. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
3. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
4. Who did researchers usually establish their first contacts with?
5. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)