|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the AFDC send Ruby to get a new couch?
2. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
3. How many other researchers had conducted studies in the Flats during the decade in which Stack conducted her study?
4. What is the Jackson family's average income?
5. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
(a) Her older sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) She does.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stack call the inability to understand and research?
2. What was the goal of the spokesmen in the Flats?
3. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
4. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
5. What is the name of the girl that Stack became very close to in the Flats?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)