|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Personal Kindreds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
(a) Her kin.
(b) The father's kin.
(c) The father.
(d) Friends of the family.
2. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
(a) Lack of jobs.
(b) Mainstream society.
(c) The government
(d) Lack of education.
3. What percentage of the black population in Jackson Harbor is unemployed?
4. How often did kin exchange items and services?
(b) Daily, sometimes hourly.
5. What is the name of Stack's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
2. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
3. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
4. Who were welfare benefits designed to help?
5. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)