|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two months.
2. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her older sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) She does.
3. How much did the AFDC give Magnolia and Calvin for rent each month?
4. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
5. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
(a) That they are unreliable.
(b) Popular stereotypes.
(c) That they are unwilling to get ahead in life.
(d) The status quo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
2. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
3. What is another term for welfare?
4. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
5. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)