|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
(b) Low paying.
(d) Long term.
2. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) The Blame Game.
(b) Blaming the Victim.
(c) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(d) Victims in Charge.
3. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Four months.
4. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
(a) She was evicted.
(b) She got married.
(c) She lost a child.
(d) She got pregnant.
5. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) The nature of the American economy.
(c) Lack of resources.
(d) Economic stress and discrimination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
2. Approximately how many winter coats did Magnolia buy for her children and grandchildren?
3. How old was Yvonne Diamond?
4. How much money did Magnolia inherit from her uncle?
5. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)