|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
(a) Elliott Stickler.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) Hylan Lewis.
(d) John Adams.
2. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
(a) A maternal aunt.
(b) The paternal grandmother.
(c) Their mother.
(d) The child's father.
3. In what year did Stack begin her study?
4. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Four months.
5. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their dependency on kin.
(b) Their resourcefulness.
(c) Their ingenuity.
(d) Their ability to think outside the box.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sisters did Magnolia have?
2. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
3. How old was Ruby Banks?
4. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
5. How much did the AFDC give Magnolia and Calvin for rent each month?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)