|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
2. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
(a) His father and his girlfriend.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother and her boyfriend.
3. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four months.
(d) One year.
4. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
5. What is another term for welfare?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a symbol of trust in the Flats?
2. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
4. Who wrote "The Souls of Black Folk"?
5. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)