|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
2. What was the age range of most of the adults Stack studied?
3. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
(a) Family friends.
(c) Their natural mother and father.
(d) People they develop relationships with.
4. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their ingenuity.
(b) Their ability to think outside the box.
(c) Their dependency on kin.
(d) Their resourcefulness.
5. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) She does.
(d) Her older sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
2. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
3. When did Stack's book on the migration of blacks to the north get published?
4. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
5. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)