|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
(a) The maternal grandmother.
(b) The child's father or his mother.
(c) Another maternal family member.
(d) A maternal aunt.
2. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
(a) His father and his girlfriend.
(b) His mother and her boyfriend.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) His aunt.
3. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) One year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
4. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
5. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) The nature of the American economy.
(b) Lack of resources.
(c) Economic stress and discrimination.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
2. What is a family called when a mother is the head?
3. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
4. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
5. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)