|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Victims in Charge.
(b) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
(c) The Blame Game.
(d) Blaming the Victim.
2. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
(a) The maternal grandmother.
(b) Another maternal family member.
(c) The child's father or his mother.
(d) A maternal aunt.
3. Who says that the culture of poverty is political in nature?
(a) Elliott Stickler.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) Hylan Lewis.
(d) John Adams.
4. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
(a) Her kin.
(b) The father.
(c) The father's kin.
(d) Friends of the family.
5. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
2. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
3. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
4. What were the house numbers on Cricket St. where most of Michael's kin lived?
5. How many people were living in Lydia Watson's home when her sisters family moved in?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)