|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
(a) The white community.
(b) Their lack of resources.
(c) The nature of the American economy.
2. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
3. What does William Ryan say causes the deterioration of most black families?
(a) Lack of resources.
(c) Economic stress and discrimination.
(d) The nature of the American economy.
4. How many years did Stack live in the Flats?
5. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) She does.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
2. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
3. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
4. How many sisters did Magnolia have?
5. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)