|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
2. How much did the AFDC give Magnolia and Calvin for rent each month?
3. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
(a) She does.
(b) Her older sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
4. According to Stack, what do most studies of black families compare themselves to?
(a) The status quo.
(b) Mainstream society.
(c) White families.
(d) Their past culture.
5. How old was Magnolia Waters when she met Calvin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Michael Lee work?
2. How many people were living in Lydia Watson's home when her sisters family moved in?
3. How much money did Magnolia's niece borrow to pay her phone bill?
4. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
5. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)