|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
2. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) Four months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
3. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
(a) Another maternal family member.
(b) A maternal aunt.
(c) The child's father or his mother.
(d) The maternal grandmother.
4. What parts of life in the Flats are completely intertwined?
(a) Family and social.
(b) Social and economic.
(c) Economic and personal.
(d) Personal and professional.
5. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their ingenuity.
(b) Their resourcefulness.
(c) Their dependency on kin.
(d) Their ability to think outside the box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
2. What were the house numbers on Cricket St. where most of Michael's kin lived?
3. How old was Ruby Banks?
4. What was name of Clover's son?
5. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)