|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
(a) Blaming the Victim.
(b) Victims in Charge.
(c) The Blame Game.
(d) The Role of Blacks as Victims.
2. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their ability to think outside the box.
(b) Their dependency on kin.
(c) Their resourcefulness.
(d) Their ingenuity.
3. Who writes about "kindred being an ego-centered group"?
4. What type of jobs are typically available to those in the Flats?
(b) Low paying.
(c) Long term.
5. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
2. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
3. How much did the AFDC give Magnolia and Calvin for rent each month?
4. In what year did Stack begin her study?
5. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)