• Carol Stack begins studying the poor black families of the Flats.
• In past studies people had found the people they would study by going to the leaders of the community.
• The problem with this was that the people being studied would ended up being the pillars of the community.
• Stack decides that she will find the families that she is going to study on her own, and not use other people to help her find her subjects.
• All research that Stack did in her study was through interviews with her subjects.
• Stack changed the names of her participants and the name of the city.
• The research is biased because of Stack's beliefs and her subjects beliefs.
• Stack spent three years living in the Flats so she could get a better understanding of her subjects perceptions and beliefs.
Chapter 1: The Flats
• The Flats is the poorest community in...
This section contains 1,804 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)