|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Women of the Early Church.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
(a) Mary wasn't helping with the serving duties.
(b) Mary fell asleep during Jesus' teaching and preaching.
(c) Mary burned dinner.
(d) Mary was rude to Jesus.
2. What was Sarah's name before God changed it to Sarah?
3. Who sold his land and laid the money from the sale at the apostles' feet, thereby giving it to the church?
4. What law did Moses pass as a result of the daughters of Zelophad?
(a) A law allowing the oldest child, male or female, to inherit.
(b) A law forbidding women to inherit property.
(c) A law letting daughters inherit if a man died without sons.
(d) A law forbidding women to speak in public.
5. What woman did King Josiah ask to verify whether a scroll contained the word of God?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the angel's message hard for Zacharias to believe?
2. What god did Jezebel worship and bring with her into Israel when she married King Ahab?
3. Who were Salome's children?
4. What Jewish prophet was beheaded by Herod, ruler of Galilee?
5. What did Matthew call the Syro-Phoenician woman?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)