|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Women of the Early Church.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthew call the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) A barren fisherman's wife.
(b) A woman of Canaan.
(c) The mother of Elisabeth.
(d) A rich merchant's wife.
2. What did Sarah have her maid Hagar do when it looked like God's promise might not manifest?
(a) She had Hagar bear Abraham a son.
(b) She had Hagar steal jewels and gold for her.
(c) She had Hagar make beauty creams for her.
(d) She had Hagar kill Abraham.
3. What happened to Sapphira and her husband when their dishonest act was discovered?
(a) They were publicly denounced by the apostles.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They fell over dead.
(d) They were excommunicated from the church.
4. Into whose care did Jesus place his mother Mary when he hung on the cross?
(a) The apostle Paul.
(b) John, the Beloved Disciple.
(d) Judas Iscariot.
5. What sin did Eve commit?
(a) She lied.
(b) She killed her husband.
(c) She stole another woman's child.
(d) She ate fruit from the Forbidden Tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church has made Pilate's wife a saint?
2. When Jesus was twelve, where did Mary find him after thinking he was lost?
3. How many children did Rebekah have?
4. What warning did Pilate's wife give Pilate?
5. Who did Rahab hide in her house?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)