|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Women of the Early Church.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wanted to marry Dinah?
(b) Shechem, the son of Hamor.
2. What was unusual about the pregnancy of Mary, the mother of Jesus?
(a) The pregnancy lasted less than nine months.
(b) The pregnancy lasted twelve months.
(c) Mary was too old to have children when she conceived.
(d) Mary was a virgin when she conceived.
3. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) He thought her daughter beyond his help.
(b) He thought her daughter was faking her illness.
(c) He doubted the woman's faith.
(d) He said he had come to help the house of Israel only.
4. Who did Jesus say were his mother and brethren?
(a) Whoever did the will of God.
(b) All Jews.
(c) Mary and Joseph and their other children.
(d) Elisabeth and her family.
5. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
(a) He divorced her.
(b) He rebuked her for tempting him.
(c) He ignored her.
(d) He ate the forbidden fruit she offered him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into whose care did Jesus place his mother Mary when he hung on the cross?
2. What was Rachel's relationship with Laban?
3. What did Jesus' disciples do when the Syro-Phoenician woman asked Jesus to heal her daughter?
4. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
5. What day has been named as the feast day for Pilate's wife by the church that has made her a saint?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)