|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Women of the Early Church.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Elisabeth not want to name her baby after Zacharias?
(a) Zacharias was not the baby's father.
(b) She hated Zacharias' name.
(c) The angel told her to name the baby John.
(d) She already had a son named Zacharias.
2. What Old Testament name was an older form of Mary?
3. When Jesus was twelve, where did Mary find him after thinking he was lost?
(a) At the marketplace.
(b) In the Temple.
(c) At a neighbor's home.
(d) In the pasture with the sheep.
4. What have some biblical commentators speculated that Mary Magdalene's devils were instead of demons?
(b) Seven tumors.
(c) A split personality.
(d) A nervous disorder.
5. When Jesus performed his miracle of turning water into wine at a wedding feast, who told him that the feast had run out of wine?
(a) The bridegroom.
(b) His father, Joseph.
(c) His mother, Mary.
(d) The bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Samaritan woman think it unusual for Jesus to talk with her?
2. What did an angel ask Mary Magdalene after Christ's death?
3. Who was Zilpah?
4. In what country did Esther live?
5. What request did Salome make of Jesus?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)