|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
2. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
3. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
4. In Chapter 19, what does Fulghum catch his neighbor spraying in his yard?
5. Fulghum describes his neighbor's yard as looking like a combination golf course and what else?
Essay Topic 1
Fulghum seems to include a lot of humor with his stories and life lessons. Why do you think humor is so important in solving problems and dealing with life? How do you think Fulghum uses humor in his writing and in dealing with life? What kind of person do you see Robert Fulghum as being? Why? What evidence from the stories brings you to this conclusion? How do you think Fulghum feels about his friends and family? Does he use humor in most his dealings with neighbors and family? If so, do you think this helps his dealings with his fellow man? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Fulghum mentions games in his book such as hide-and-seek and giants, wizards, and dwarfs. How does Fulghum relate these games to life lessons? What game does Fulghum mention he likes better than hide-and-seek, and why does he say he likes it better? Why does Fulghum want the kid who is hiding really well to get found? What does this phrase "get found" mean to Fulghum? What did the little girl wanting to be a mermaid change about Fulghum's outlook on his game and on life?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 31, what does Fulghum say is the perfect cure for feeling depressed and down about yourself? Why does he feel this solution will help? How does this solution help him? How do you feel about this solution, and do you think it would help you if you were feeling down? Why or why not? Do you think Beethoven was able to defy his deafness by creating such wonderful compositions? How do you think he was able to overcome his developing weakness? Do you think Beethoven thought of how inspirational his works would be to others? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,895 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)