|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 44-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5 about the abacus, Fulghum claims there are millions of people that still use the abacus. Where are these people located?
(a) North America.
(b) South America.
2. When Fulghum sees his neighbor lady coming out her front door, what kind of mode does she say she is in?
(a) A "looking good" mode.
(b) A "ready to face the world" mode.
(c) A "take it on" mode.
(d) A "running late" mode.
3. In the story of San Saba, Fulghum tells us that two thousand people from a certain tribe showed up to fight the soldiers and priests. What tribe did they come from?
4. When Fulghum experiences his solace from depression, where does he lie down?
(a) On his bed.
(b) In his yard on the lawn.
(c) In a hammock.
(d) On the floor.
5. What school supply does Fulghum claim tastes like what the little white hearts taste like?
(a) Sidewalk chalk.
(c) Pencil lead.
(d) White library paste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles Boyer sat by his wife's bedside to provide her with hope and cheer day and night for how long?
2. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
4. Fulghum's lawyer friend travels with his two eighteen-year-old girls and what kind of animal?
5. What month of the year did the Indians that the soldiers were waiting for finally show up?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)