|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the soldiers and priests build in San Saba to accommodate them?
(a) A fort.
(b) A fort and a mission chapel.
(c) A fort, a mission chapel, and a shooting range.
(d) A mission chapel.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
(c) Valentine's Day.
3. What especially does Fulghum say we yell at besides bills and banks and traffic and umpires?
(a) Professional sports.
4. In Chapter 15, what game does Fulghum claim he likes better than hide-and-seek?
(a) Ring around the rosies.
(b) London Bridge.
(d) Red Rover.
5. In the story of San Saba, the men had come in search of treasure. Where was this treasure supposedly located?
(a) In the hills of the Balcones Escarpment.
(b) Under the ground in an Apache establishment.
(c) In the San Saba river.
(d) In the caves of the Comanche burying ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
2. Fulghum says that the neighbor lady thinks the spider is as big as what?
3. At the end of Chapter 10, Fulghum asks a question about something not being easy. What is he talking about?
4. Fulghum describes the bus of his lawyer friend as decorated like the set for what?
5. When Fulghum tells the story of Nicolai Pestretsov, how old does he say the sergeant major is?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)