|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Willie learn with Jake Onufrychuk?
2. What was Butch's area of study?
3. Who gave Willie the ring to give to his fiancee?
4. What did knowing his father's fate do for Willie according to Part V, Chapter 16?
5. Why was Michael Schoenfield in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
2. What did Butch work towards?
3. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
4. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
5. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
6. What did Laura insist when Willie was sent home?
7. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
8. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
9. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
10. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the warrior ethic and its implications for those living in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 2
Define cycle of violence and discuss the pattern of violence as depicted in the Bosket family.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the juvenile system can be considered a wise parent, yet make an example of a juvenile offender.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)