|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Willie transferred to after crashing a bus?
2. Why did the psychiatrist not stop Willie's constant verbal and physical abuse to others?
3. How long after his parole did Butch go back to jail?
4. Who helped Butch escape from the hospital?
5. What was Butch's favorite book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
2. Who was Rose Niles?
3. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
4. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
5. What did Butch work towards?
6. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
7. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
8. How was Willie's respect for his father restored in Part V, Chapter 16?
9. What was the juvenile court system based on?
10. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact of the Jim Crow Laws and how such laws was a sign of a new era of deteriorated race relations.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Willie's time in the juvenile system and prison with the time his father spent in the system.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)