|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Willie after he left the half-way house?
2. What did Willie learn with Jake Onufrychuk?
3. When did Butch become a full-time student?
4. Why was Willie arrested by the police?
5. What did knowing his father's fate do for Willie according to Part V, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Butch major in?
2. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
3. Why did Willie believe he beat the system?
4. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
5. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
6. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
7. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
8. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
9. Who was Rose Niles?
10. What did William decide to do for his case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the double-standard created on plantations and the threat to the fabric of social life.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Willie's time in the juvenile system and prison with the time his father spent in the system.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)