|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Willie charged with assault?
2. What happened to Willie after he left the half-way house?
3. What did Laura insist Willie was after his return home?
4. When did Dr. Katz start giving drugs to Willie?
5. Where did Laura take Willie after he was expelled from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
2. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
3. Who was Rose Niles?
4. What did Laura insist when Willie was sent home?
5. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
6. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
7. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
8. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
9. What did Butch work towards?
10. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the warrior ethic and its implications for those living in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of Ruben's masters during slavery and compare and contrast their thinking and methods.
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)