|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after escaping was Butch captured?
2. Why did the psychiatrist not stop Willie's constant verbal and physical abuse to others?
3. Why did Willie quickly leave the Manhattan Youth Development Center?
4. Who gave Willie the ring to give to his fiancee?
5. When did Dr. Katz start giving drugs to Willie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
2. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
3. What did William decide to do for his case?
4. How was Willie's respect for his father restored in Part V, Chapter 16?
5. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
6. What did Butch work towards?
7. What did Laura insist when Willie was sent home?
8. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
9. Why did Willie believe he beat the system?
10. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the warrior ethic and its implications for those living in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze of the significance of the "the New Negro" and the implications that this new generation had in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of Ruben's masters during slavery and compare and contrast their thinking and methods.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)