|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Butch act at the Waupun prison according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
2. What did Willie do after catching Charles?
3. What did Laura insist Willie was after his return home?
4. What did Willie enjoy being during his trial?
5. How many children does Cheryl have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
2. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
3. What did Butch work towards?
4. What happened on December 9, 1962 in Part III, Chapter 8?
5. How was Willie's respect for his father restored in Part V, Chapter 16?
6. Why did Willie believe he beat the system?
7. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
8. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
9. What did Butch major in?
10. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact of the Jim Crow Laws and how such laws was a sign of a new era of deteriorated race relations.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that there was a social compact against Willie Bosket or do you think that he created his own future? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)