|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Butch paroled?
2. When did Butch go back to Waupun?
3. Who did Willie claim would free him?
4. When was Butch paroled?
5. What did Butch start after being cornered by the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did William decide to do for his case?
2. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
3. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
4. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
5. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
6. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
7. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
8. What was the juvenile court system based on?
9. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
10. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the morality of honor with the morality of dignity and find examples of each in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze of the significance of the "the New Negro" and the implications that this new generation had in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role that psychological issues had in the Bosket family.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)