|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Butch's favorite book?
2. What did Laura insist Willie was after his return home?
3. What led Willie to be prosecuted in prison?
4. What facility was Willie first confined in?
5. How did Butch act at the Waupun prison according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Willie believe he beat the system?
2. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
3. Who was Rose Niles?
4. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
5. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
6. What was the juvenile court system based on?
7. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
8. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
9. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
10. What did Butch work towards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine methods used to intervene early in juvenile offenders and propose other methods that might work in reducing crime rates and recidivism.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that there was a social compact against Willie Bosket or do you think that he created his own future? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)