|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the juvenile court judge send Willie to be confined?
2. What facility was Willie first confined in?
3. How long was Willie's sentence?
4. What was one path out of Waupun prison according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
5. What was Willie's nick-name according to Part III, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rose Niles?
2. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
3. What did William decide to do for his case?
4. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
5. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
6. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
7. How was Willie's respect for his father restored in Part V, Chapter 16?
8. What was the juvenile court system based on?
9. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
10. What did Butch work towards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Willie's time in the juvenile system and prison with the time his father spent in the system.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the morality of honor with the morality of dignity and find examples of each in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)