|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Willie get if convicted of a felony?
2. How old was Butch when he was paroled?
3. Why was Willie charged with assault?
4. Who did Willie put on trial when he was being accused of attempted murder?
5. Who represented Willie during his trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the juvenile court system based on?
2. What did Butch work towards?
3. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
4. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
5. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
6. What did Laura insist when Willie was sent home?
7. How was Willie's respect for his father restored in Part V, Chapter 16?
8. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
9. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
10. What did William decide to do for his case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Fox Butterfield's statements in the Epilogue and determine whether or not prisons are a deterrent for crime.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history of slavery in South Carolina and discuss how slavery created a culture of violence.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)