|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Butch's area of study?
2. What happened to Willie after he left the half-way house?
3. Where did the Division of Youth in New York move Willie to?
4. When was Butch paroled?
5. Who did Donna's daughter tell of her assault?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
2. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
3. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
4. How was Willie's respect for his father restored in Part V, Chapter 16?
5. Why did Willie believe he beat the system?
6. What did Butch work towards?
7. What happened on December 9, 1962 in Part III, Chapter 8?
8. Who was Rose Niles?
9. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
10. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the morality of honor with the morality of dignity and find examples of each in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that there was a social compact against Willie Bosket or do you think that he created his own future? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of Ruben's masters during slavery and compare and contrast their thinking and methods.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)