|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Division of Youth in New York move Willie to?
2. What facility was Willie first confined in?
3. What was Butch's favorite book?
4. What did Bellevue staff think about Willie according to Part III, Chapter 10?
5. How did Butch get to go to a hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura insist when Willie was sent home?
2. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
3. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
4. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
5. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
6. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
7. Who was Rose Niles?
8. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
9. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
10. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the difference between law and lawlessness and why the justice system was illegitimate in the eyes of blacks.
Essay Topic 2
Examine methods used to intervene early in juvenile offenders and propose other methods that might work in reducing crime rates and recidivism.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role that psychological issues had in the Bosket family.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)