|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura insist Willie was after his return home?
2. What facility was Willie first confined in?
3. When did Dr. Katz start giving drugs to Willie?
4. What was Butch's area of study?
5. Where did the juvenile court judge send Willie to be confined?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
2. What did William decide to do for his case?
3. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
4. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
5. What did Butch major in?
6. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
7. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
8. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
9. What did Laura insist when Willie was sent home?
10. Why did Willie believe he beat the system?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Pud and James with Butch and Willie, focusing on the similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Willie's time in the juvenile system and prison with the time his father spent in the system.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history of slavery in South Carolina and discuss how slavery created a culture of violence.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)