|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Butch act at the Waupun prison according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
2. What did Tom Pottenburgh do that led to a riot?
3. What was Willie convicted of?
4. When did Butch escape next from the mental hospital?
5. What did Willie channel his energy into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
2. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
3. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
4. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
5. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
6. What did Butch major in?
7. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
8. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
9. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
10. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define cycle of violence and discuss the pattern of violence as depicted in the Bosket family.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze of the significance of the "the New Negro" and the implications that this new generation had in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the double-standard created on plantations and the threat to the fabric of social life.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)