|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must become less glamorous according to Fox Butterfield?
2. Who gave Willie the ring to give to his fiancee?
3. When was Willie released from prison according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
4. Where did the Division of Youth in New York move Willie to?
5. When did Butch become a full-time student?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Willie's respect for his father restored in Part V, Chapter 16?
2. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
3. Why did Willie believe he beat the system?
4. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
5. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
6. Who was Rose Niles?
7. What was the juvenile court system based on?
8. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
9. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
10. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the juvenile system can be considered a wise parent, yet make an example of a juvenile offender.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Fox Butterfield's statements in the Epilogue and determine whether or not prisons are a deterrent for crime.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)