|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Butch paroled?
2. When did Butch go to Baker's house?
3. What must become less glamorous according to Fox Butterfield?
4. Who campaigned to have Butch released from prison in Wisconsin at the start of Part V, Chapter 15?
5. Who did Charles became interested in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
2. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
3. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
4. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
5. What was the juvenile court system based on?
6. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
7. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
8. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
9. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
10. What did Butch work towards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the morality of honor with the morality of dignity and find examples of each in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities and differences between Butch and his son, Willie.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role that psychological issues had in the Bosket family.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)