|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Willie get if convicted of a felony?
2. How many children does Cheryl have?
3. How many witnesses did Willie call?
4. How long after escaping was Butch captured?
5. Why did the psychiatrist not stop Willie's constant verbal and physical abuse to others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
2. What was the juvenile court system based on?
3. What did Butch major in?
4. What happened on December 9, 1962 in Part III, Chapter 8?
5. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
6. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
7. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
8. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
9. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
10. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact of the Jim Crow Laws and how such laws was a sign of a new era of deteriorated race relations.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history of slavery in South Carolina and discuss how slavery created a culture of violence.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the difference between law and lawlessness and why the justice system was illegitimate in the eyes of blacks.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)