|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Willie catch Charles doing?
2. What did Laura tell Willie about his father?
3. When did Butch go to Baker's house?
4. What teacher did Willie grow fond of?
5. What did Willie learn with Jake Onufrychuk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the juvenile court system based on?
2. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
3. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
4. What did Butch work towards?
5. What did Butch major in?
6. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
7. Why did Willie believe he beat the system?
8. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
9. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
10. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the new freedoms that freedmen benefited from and examine the new implications of what it meant to be free.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of Ruben's masters during slavery and compare and contrast their thinking and methods.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact of the Jim Crow Laws and how such laws was a sign of a new era of deteriorated race relations.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)