|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What facility was Willie first confined in?
2. What did Laura insist Willie was after his return home?
3. When was Butch paroled?
4. What would Willie get if convicted of a felony?
5. What did knowing his father's fate do for Willie according to Part V, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
2. What did Butch major in?
3. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
4. What did Butch work towards?
5. What did William decide to do for his case?
6. What did Laura insist when Willie was sent home?
7. What was the juvenile court system based on?
8. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
9. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
10. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Pud and James with Butch and Willie, focusing on the similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze of the significance of the "the New Negro" and the implications that this new generation had in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Willie's time in the juvenile system and prison with the time his father spent in the system.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)