|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Willie arrested by the police?
2. Who did Willie grow close to, even calling her Mom?
3. When was Willie released from prison according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
4. When was Butch paroled?
5. Who campaigned to have Butch released from prison in Wisconsin at the start of Part V, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
2. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
3. Why did Willie believe he beat the system?
4. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
5. Who was Rose Niles?
6. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
7. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
8. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
9. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
10. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define cycle of violence and discuss the pattern of violence as depicted in the Bosket family.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of Ruben's masters during slavery and compare and contrast their thinking and methods.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history of slavery in South Carolina and discuss how slavery created a culture of violence.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)