|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Butch escape next from the mental hospital?
2. When did Dr. Katz start giving drugs to Willie?
3. When was Willie released from prison according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
4. What did Willie do after catching Charles?
5. What teacher did Willie grow fond of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura insist when Willie was sent home?
2. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
3. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
4. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
5. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
6. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
7. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
8. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
9. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
10. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact of the Jim Crow Laws and how such laws was a sign of a new era of deteriorated race relations.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Fox Butterfield's statements in the Epilogue and determine whether or not prisons are a deterrent for crime.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the difference between law and lawlessness and why the justice system was illegitimate in the eyes of blacks.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)