|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
2. What laws were created that was the basis for segregation?
3. Why did slavery add to the culture of violence?
4. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
5. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
2. What happened in March 1867?
3. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
4. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
5. What was the "Edgefield Plan" and what did it culminate in?
6. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
7. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
8. What happened on March 6, 1941?
9. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
10. Who was Clifton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the history of slavery in South Carolina and discuss how slavery created a culture of violence.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Pud and James with Butch and Willie, focusing on the similarities and differences.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)