|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. How many more murders than Massachusetts did the county have up until the 1930's?
3. What was Butch's IQ?
4. When was Willie James born?
5. When were the people numbed toward violence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
2. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
3. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
4. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
5. Who was Miss Kramer?
6. What was the double standard that persisted?
7. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
8. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
9. Who was Aaron Bosket?
10. How did race relations further deteriorate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Pud and James with Butch and Willie, focusing on the similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the double-standard created on plantations and the threat to the fabric of social life.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)