|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many seats of the legislature did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
2. What was Butch convicted of?
3. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
4. When did Aaron marry?
5. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
2. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
3. What did William decide to do for his case?
4. How did Butch establish himself?
5. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
6. Who was Maria Hickson?
7. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
8. What was the juvenile court system based on?
9. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
10. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the double-standard created on plantations and the threat to the fabric of social life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact of the Jim Crow Laws and how such laws was a sign of a new era of deteriorated race relations.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the warrior ethic and its implications for those living in South Carolina.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)