|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more murders than Massachusetts did the county have up until the 1930's?
2. How many seats of the legislature did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
3. Who was elected in the elections of 1876?
4. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
5. When did Butch's trial start?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Maria Hickson?
2. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
3. How did Pickens view himself?
4. How did race relations further deteriorate?
5. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
6. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
7. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
8. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
9. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
10. What was the double standard that persisted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of Ruben's masters during slavery and compare and contrast their thinking and methods.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Willie's time in the juvenile system and prison with the time his father spent in the system.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)