|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
2. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
3. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
4. When did Thomas Bauskett buy his son a slave?
5. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
2. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
3. Who was Clifton?
4. Who was Tilda Mobley Pou?
5. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
6. Who was Francis Pickens?
7. What happened in March 1867?
8. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
9. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
10. Who was Miss Kramer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the juvenile system can be considered a wise parent, yet make an example of a juvenile offender.
Essay Topic 2
Examine methods used to intervene early in juvenile offenders and propose other methods that might work in reducing crime rates and recidivism.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that there was a social compact against Willie Bosket or do you think that he created his own future? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)