|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
2. When did Frances and James move to a little wooden house near an eatery?
3. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
4. Who broke through Butch's anger?
5. What was Butch's IQ?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Miss Kramer?
2. Who was Clifton?
3. How did race relations further deteriorate?
4. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What was the double standard that persisted?
6. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
7. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
8. How did Pickens view himself?
9. Who was Aaron Bosket?
10. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the difference between law and lawlessness and why the justice system was illegitimate in the eyes of blacks.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of Ruben's masters during slavery and compare and contrast their thinking and methods.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the NAACP in helping to get Butch Bosket paroled from prison.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)