|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was elected in the elections of 1876?
2. How many more murders than Massachusetts did the county have up until the 1930's?
3. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
4. When was Willie Bosket born?
5. What special school was Butch sent to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Francis Pickens?
2. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
3. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
4. What was the "Edgefield Plan" and what did it culminate in?
5. What happened on March 6, 1941?
6. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
7. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
8. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
9. How did Butch establish himself?
10. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the difference between law and lawlessness and why the justice system was illegitimate in the eyes of blacks.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the warrior ethic and its implications for those living in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 3
Examine methods used to intervene early in juvenile offenders and propose other methods that might work in reducing crime rates and recidivism.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)