|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
2. When was James born?
3. What did Butch establish himself as where he was first institutionalized?
4. Why did the crime rate increase in 1903 according to W.E.B. DuBois?
5. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
2. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
3. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
4. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
5. How did Butch establish himself?
6. What happened on March 6, 1941?
7. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
8. What did Laura insist when Willie was sent home?
9. According to Part II, Chapter 5, where did Frances Bosket move and why?
10. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the juvenile system can be considered a wise parent, yet make an example of a juvenile offender.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of Ruben's masters during slavery and compare and contrast their thinking and methods.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze of the significance of the "the New Negro" and the implications that this new generation had in South Carolina.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)