|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the state and federal elections of the late 1860's take place?
2. When was Butch released from Bellevue?
3. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
5. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Miss Kramer?
2. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
3. What happened on March 6, 1941?
4. How did race relations further deteriorate?
5. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
6. Who was Tilda Mobley Pou?
7. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
8. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
9. What did James do after he took Butch out of school?
10. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine methods used to intervene early in juvenile offenders and propose other methods that might work in reducing crime rates and recidivism.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities and differences between Butch and his son, Willie.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Pud and James with Butch and Willie, focusing on the similarities and differences.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)