Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marie ask the court for?
2. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
3. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
5. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Aaron Bosket?
2. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
3. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
4. Who was Francis Pickens?
5. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
6. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
7. Who was Clifton?
8. Who was Rose Niles?
9. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
10. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
Essay Topic 1
Define cycle of violence and discuss the pattern of violence as depicted in the Bosket family.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact of the Jim Crow Laws and how such laws was a sign of a new era of deteriorated race relations.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the double-standard created on plantations and the threat to the fabric of social life.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)