|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Marie's second husband according to Part II, Chapter 6?
2. When was Butch released from Bellevue?
3. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
4. When was the man hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. When did the state and federal elections of the late 1860's take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did James do after he took Butch out of school?
2. Who was Tilda Mobley Pou?
3. How did people react to James?
4. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
5. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
6. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
7. What did Aaron Bosket do to build a new life for himself?
8. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
9. What happened on March 6, 1941?
10. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of Ruben's masters during slavery and compare and contrast their thinking and methods.
Essay Topic 2
Examine methods used to intervene early in juvenile offenders and propose other methods that might work in reducing crime rates and recidivism.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact of the Jim Crow Laws and how such laws was a sign of a new era of deteriorated race relations.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)