|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special school was Butch sent to?
2. When was Butch placed on parole?
3. When were the people numbed toward violence?
4. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
5. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
2. How did Butch establish himself?
3. How did race relations further deteriorate?
4. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
5. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
6. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
7. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
8. What was the nickname for Edgefield and what was the crime rate?
9. How did people react to James?
10. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact of the Jim Crow Laws and how such laws was a sign of a new era of deteriorated race relations.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history of slavery in South Carolina and discuss how slavery created a culture of violence.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role that psychological issues had in the Bosket family.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)