|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
2. What was Pud sentenced to for the robberies he committed?
3. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
4. When did the state and federal elections of the late 1860's take place?
5. Who did James become enamored with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
2. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
3. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
5. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
6. Who was Miss Kramer?
7. Who was Aaron Bosket?
8. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
9. How did race relations further deteriorate?
10. What did Aaron Bosket do to build a new life for himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the warrior ethic and its implications for those living in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the difference between law and lawlessness and why the justice system was illegitimate in the eyes of blacks.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)