|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Willie James become part of a gang?
2. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
3. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
4. What did Willie James do after he started to attend school?
5. Who broke through Butch's anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
2. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
3. How did race relations further deteriorate?
4. How did people react to James?
5. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
6. Who was Miss Kramer?
7. Who was Maria Hickson?
8. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
9. According to Part II, Chapter 5, where did Frances Bosket move and why?
10. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the warrior ethic and its implications for those living in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role that psychological issues had in the Bosket family.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities and differences between Butch and his son, Willie.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)