|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of the county?
2. When was Butch placed on parole?
3. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
4. Where was Butch sent after appearing in children's court?
5. When did the state and federal elections of the late 1860's take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did James do after he took Butch out of school?
2. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
3. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. Who was Aaron Bosket?
5. What was the "Edgefield Plan" and what did it culminate in?
6. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
7. How did people react to James?
8. How did race relations further deteriorate?
9. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
10. Who was Maria Hickson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Willie's time in the juvenile system and prison with the time his father spent in the system.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the morality of honor with the morality of dignity and find examples of each in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)