|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Butch's trial start?
2. What was Pud sentenced to for the robberies he committed?
3. What was the name of Thomas Bauskett's son according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. What happened in the late 1860's?
5. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
2. How did people react to James?
3. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
4. What was the "Edgefield Plan" and what did it culminate in?
5. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
6. Who was Tilda Mobley Pou?
7. How did Pickens view himself?
8. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
9. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
10. According to Part II, Chapter 5, where did Frances Bosket move and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the history of slavery in South Carolina and discuss how slavery created a culture of violence.
Essay Topic 2
Examine methods used to intervene early in juvenile offenders and propose other methods that might work in reducing crime rates and recidivism.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the NAACP in helping to get Butch Bosket paroled from prison.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)