|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
2. What was the name of the wrestling the settlers of the county often engaged in?
3. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
4. Who did Aaron marry after his first separation?
5. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did people react to James?
2. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
3. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
4. What happened in March 1867?
5. What did Butch major in?
6. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
7. What happened on December 9, 1962 in Part III, Chapter 8?
8. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
9. What happened on March 6, 1941?
10. How did Butch establish himself?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the double-standard created on plantations and the threat to the fabric of social life.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the difference between law and lawlessness and why the justice system was illegitimate in the eyes of blacks.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)