|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Aaron marry?
2. What was Willie James' nickname?
3. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
4. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
5. What was Butch's IQ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
2. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. Who was Miss Kramer?
4. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
5. What was the "Edgefield Plan" and what did it culminate in?
6. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
7. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
8. How did Butch establish himself?
9. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
10. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of Ruben's masters during slavery and compare and contrast their thinking and methods.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that there was a social compact against Willie Bosket or do you think that he created his own future? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze of the significance of the "the New Negro" and the implications that this new generation had in South Carolina.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)