|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Aaron marry?
2. How old was James when he started laboring?
3. Where did Butch move with his pregnant wife?
4. Who did Butch try to sell the pictures to that he stole from the lab where he worked?
5. Where did Willie James and his other grandmother, Cora Mae Jones, go when he was 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
2. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
3. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
4. What happened in March 1867?
5. Who was Clifton?
6. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
7. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
8. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
9. According to Part II, Chapter 5, where did Frances Bosket move and why?
10. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Black Liberation Army and the NAACP.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that there was a social compact against Willie Bosket or do you think that he created his own future? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the warrior ethic and its implications for those living in South Carolina.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)