|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many congressional seats did African Americans take in South Carolina in the early 1870's?
2. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. When was Willie James born?
4. When was the man hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. When did Frances Bosket leave South Carolina?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Butch establish himself?
2. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
3. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
4. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
5. What happened on March 6, 1941?
6. According to Part II, Chapter 5, where did Frances Bosket move and why?
7. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
8. Who was Clifton?
9. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
10. What was the double standard that persisted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Fox Butterfield's statements in the Epilogue and determine whether or not prisons are a deterrent for crime.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the warrior ethic and its implications for those living in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that there was a social compact against Willie Bosket or do you think that he created his own future? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)