|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the robbery was Pud arrested?
2. Where did Butch move with his pregnant wife?
3. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
4. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
5. What did the whites call the trouble-making black youth of the start of the 20th century?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
2. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
3. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
4. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
5. How did Butch establish himself?
6. Who was Clifton?
7. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
8. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
9. What did James do after he took Butch out of school?
10. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the history of slavery in South Carolina and discuss how slavery created a culture of violence.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role that psychological issues had in the Bosket family.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the NAACP in helping to get Butch Bosket paroled from prison.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)