|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
2. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
3. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
4. When did the state and federal elections of the late 1860's take place?
5. What was Willie James' nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the double standard that persisted?
2. Who was Francis Pickens?
3. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
4. Who was Miss Kramer?
5. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
6. According to Part II, Chapter 5, where did Frances Bosket move and why?
7. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
8. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
9. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
10. How did Pickens view himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the warrior ethic and its implications for those living in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role that psychological issues had in the Bosket family.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that there was a social compact against Willie Bosket or do you think that he created his own future? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)