|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the wrestling the settlers of the county often engaged in?
2. What laws were created that was the basis for segregation?
3. What was the name of the slave Thomas Bauskett gave his son?
4. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
5. When was Butch released from Bellevue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Aaron Bosket do to build a new life for himself?
2. Who was Francis Pickens?
3. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
4. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Who was Miss Kramer?
6. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
7. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
8. What was the "Edgefield Plan" and what did it culminate in?
9. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
10. Who was Aaron Bosket?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that there was a social compact against Willie Bosket or do you think that he created his own future? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the warrior ethic and its implications for those living in South Carolina.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the difference between law and lawlessness and why the justice system was illegitimate in the eyes of blacks.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)