|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
2. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
3. What was the name of Thomas Bauskett's son according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. When did Frances and James move to a little wooden house near an eatery?
5. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did people react to James?
2. How did race relations further deteriorate?
3. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
4. Who was Maria Hickson?
5. Who was Clifton?
6. Who was Francis Pickens?
7. What happened on March 6, 1941?
8. What happened in March 1867?
9. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
10. How did Butch establish himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Fox Butterfield's statements in the Epilogue and determine whether or not prisons are a deterrent for crime.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the double-standard created on plantations and the threat to the fabric of social life.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Pud and James with Butch and Willie, focusing on the similarities and differences.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)