|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pud rob two stores in April of 1910?
2. What origin were the settlers of the county?
3. Why did James start carrying a knife?
4. When did Butch's trial start?
5. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
2. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. What was the double standard that persisted?
4. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
5. How did Butch establish himself?
6. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
7. How did race relations further deteriorate?
8. How did Pickens view himself?
9. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
10. Who was Miss Kramer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Pud and James with Butch and Willie, focusing on the similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities and differences between Butch and his son, Willie.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that there was a social compact against Willie Bosket or do you think that he created his own future? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)