|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who broke through Butch's anger?
2. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
3. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
5. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
2. Who was Aaron Bosket?
3. What happened on March 6, 1941?
4. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
5. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
6. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
7. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
8. How did race relations further deteriorate?
9. Who was Miss Kramer?
10. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the morality of honor with the morality of dignity and find examples of each in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of Ruben's masters during slavery and compare and contrast their thinking and methods.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the juvenile system can be considered a wise parent, yet make an example of a juvenile offender.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)