|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who campaigned to have Butch released from prison in Wisconsin at the start of Part V, Chapter 15?
(a) Dr. Martin.
2. Who did Willie decide to kill in prison?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A guard.
(c) An inmate.
3. Where did Herman tell the police officers Willie's gun was?
(a) At Laura's house.
(b) In a dumpster.
(c) At the Manhattan Youth Development Center.
(d) At Willie's house.
4. What was Butch's favorite book?
(a) "Grapes of Wrath."
(b) "Moby Dick."
(c) "To kill a Mockingbird."
5. What facility was Willie first confined in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represented Willie during his trial?
2. Who did Willie claim would free him?
3. Why did Willie quickly leave the Manhattan Youth Development Center?
4. Who did Willie put on trial when he was being accused of attempted murder?
5. What was Willie's nick-name according to Part III, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
2. What did Butch work towards?
3. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
4. What did Butch major in?
5. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
6. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
7. Why did Willie believe he beat the system?
8. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
9. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
10. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)