|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Butch escape from the hospital?
2. What did Willie do after catching Charles?
(a) He beat him.
(b) He blackmailed him.
(c) He turned him in.
3. How old was Willie when he escaped Goshen?
4. What did knowing his father's fate do for Willie according to Part V, Chapter 16?
(a) Made him a joke.
(b) Made him hate police officer.
(c) Restored his respect for his father.
(d) Made him realise he needed to get his act together.
5. Why did Governor Carey send Willie to prison after his transfer out of the prison?
(a) Willie was released by mistake.
(b) He swore Willie would never walk the street again.
(c) Governor Carey saw him burglarize his car.
(d) Governor Carey didn't sign the release papers in time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Willie stay in the hospital?
2. What happened to Willie after he left the half-way house?
3. What facility was Willie first confined in?
4. What teacher did Willie grow fond of?
5. What did Willie channel his energy into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did William decide to do for his case?
2. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
3. Who was Rose Niles?
4. What did Laura insist when Willie was sent home?
5. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
6. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
7. What happened on December 9, 1962 in Part III, Chapter 8?
8. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
9. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
10. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)