|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Butch when he was paroled?
2. Who helped Butch escape from the hospital?
3. How long after escaping was Butch captured?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Twenty hours.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) Ten hours.
4. Who gave Willie the ring to give to his fiancee?
(b) His correctional officer.
(d) A former cell mate.
5. What happened to Willie after he left the half-way house?
(a) He got a job.
(b) He got married.
(c) He started doing drugs.
(d) He started being violent again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Willie's sentence?
2. Why was Willie charged with assault?
3. What was Butch's favorite book?
4. What was one path out of Waupun prison according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
5. Why did Governor Carey send Willie to prison after his transfer out of the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on December 9, 1962 in Part III, Chapter 8?
2. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
3. What did Laura insist when Willie was sent home?
4. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
5. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
6. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
7. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
8. What did William decide to do for his case?
9. What was the juvenile court system based on?
10. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)