|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Butch start after being cornered by the police?
(a) A firefight.
(b) To write a letter to his son.
(c) He started to negotiate.
(d) A fire.
2. Why did Willie quickly leave the Manhattan Youth Development Center?
(a) He found a job.
(b) He was transferred to another center.
(c) The center didn't have the resources to control him.
(d) He got married.
3. What did knowing his father's fate do for Willie according to Part V, Chapter 16?
(a) Made him a joke.
(b) Made him hate police officer.
(c) Restored his respect for his father.
(d) Made him realise he needed to get his act together.
4. What did Tom Pottenburgh do that led to a riot?
(a) He made changes.
(b) He introduced medication.
(c) He refused to use restraints.
(d) He fired the security team.
5. Who helped Butch escape from the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one path out of Waupun prison according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
2. Who did Willie grow close to, even calling her Mom?
3. What happened to Willie after he left the half-way house?
4. When did Butch become a full-time student?
5. What facility was Willie first confined in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Willie's respect for his father restored in Part V, Chapter 16?
2. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
3. What did Butch major in?
4. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
5. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
6. What was the juvenile court system based on?
7. What did William decide to do for his case?
8. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
9. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
10. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)