|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Dr. Katz start giving drugs to Willie?
(a) February 25, 1974.
(b) February 25, 1975.
(c) February 25, 1976.
(d) February 25, 1977.
2. How long was Willie's sentence?
(a) 3.5 to 12 years.
(b) 3.5 to 8 years.
(c) 3.5 to 7 years.
(d) 5 to 7 years.
3. How old was Butch when he was paroled?
4. What led Willie to be prosecuted in prison?
(a) He left his figerprint on a weapon.
(b) A guard videotaped him.
(c) He confessed.
(d) Another prisoner testified against him.
5. Why was Willie charged with assault?
(a) He resisted arrest.
(b) He beat his son.
(c) He beat an old man.
(d) He beat Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Willie's sentence for attempted murder?
2. Who represented Willie during his trial?
3. What was Butch's area of study?
4. When was Willie released from prison according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
5. What did Tom Pottenburgh do that led to a riot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
2. Why did Willie believe he beat the system?
3. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
4. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
5. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
6. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
7. Who was Rose Niles?
8. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
9. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
10. What did Butch work towards?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)