|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Willie stay in the hospital?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two months.
2. How old was Willie when he escaped Goshen?
3. Why did Willie decide to escalate his misbehavior in prison?
(a) He wanted to be transferred from that particular prison.
(b) He wanted to be remembered.
(c) He wanted to get another trial.
(d) He thought he would never leave prison alive.
4. How did Butch get to go to a hospital?
(a) By consuming salt and coughing up blood.
(b) He faked a seizure.
(c) He broke his arm.
(d) He cut himself.
5. Who did Willie decide to kill in prison?
(b) A guard.
(c) An inmate.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one path out of Waupun prison according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
2. What did Butch start after being cornered by the police?
3. What was Willie's sentence for attempted murder?
4. Who did Charles became interested in?
5. How many witnesses did Willie call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
2. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
3. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
4. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
5. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
6. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
7. How was Willie's respect for his father restored in Part V, Chapter 16?
8. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
9. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
10. Who was Rose Niles?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)