|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one path out of Waupun prison according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) Work points.
(b) Psychiatric help.
(c) Becoming a priest.
(d) Taking courses.
2. How old was Butch when he was paroled?
3. When was Willie released from prison according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
(a) October 9, 1984.
(b) December 9, 1985.
(c) December 9, 1984.
(d) October 9, 1985.
4. What did Laura tell Willie about his father?
(a) That he had no father.
(b) That he was dead.
(c) That he was working abroad.
(d) That he was in the United States Army.
5. What was Butch's area of study?
(a) Urban affairs.
(c) Urban planning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Willie channel his energy into?
2. Who did Donna's daughter tell of her assault?
3. How old was Willie when he escaped Goshen?
4. What social interaction did Willie prefer?
5. Who did Willie put on trial when he was being accused of attempted murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Butch work towards?
2. What did the Bellevue staff conclude about Willie in Part III, Chapter 10?
3. What happened when Butch was in the prison hospital?
4. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
5. How was Willie's respect for his father restored in Part V, Chapter 16?
6. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
7. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
8. What does the Epilogue demonstrate about prisons?
9. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
10. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)