|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Willie the ring to give to his fiancee?
(a) A former cell mate.
(b) His correctional officer.
2. What was Donna's daughter's name?
3. What was the name of the girl Willie met after being released from prison?
(a) Ruth Hayward.
(b) Sophie Hayward.
(c) Sharon Hayward.
(d) Roberta Hayward.
4. Why did Willie decide to escalate his misbehavior in prison?
(a) He wanted to get another trial.
(b) He wanted to be remembered.
(c) He wanted to be transferred from that particular prison.
(d) He thought he would never leave prison alive.
5. Why did the psychiatrist not stop Willie's constant verbal and physical abuse to others?
(a) Nobody wanted to testify against him.
(b) He was too strong.
(c) He had commited no crimes.
(d) They didn't have strong enough medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Willie grow close to, even calling her Mom?
2. When was Butch paroled?
3. What did Butch start after being cornered by the police?
4. How did Butch act at the Waupun prison according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
5. Who campaigned to have Butch released from prison in Wisconsin at the start of Part V, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
2. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
3. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
4. Who was Carey and why was he being attacked?
5. What was the juvenile court system based on?
6. What did Butch work towards?
7. What did the detective, Patrick Dugan, reveal?
8. What happened on December 9, 1962 in Part III, Chapter 8?
9. What did Willie decide a few days after his father's death?
10. Who did Willie meet in December 1983 according to Part IV, Chapter 14?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)