|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
(a) Inter-racial children.
(b) Economical collapse.
(d) Creation of a slave union.
2. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
(a) Maria Vaughn.
(b) Carolina Vaughn.
(c) Sophia Vaughn.
(d) Erika Vaughn.
3. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
4. How many congressional seats did African Americans take in South Carolina in the early 1870's?
(a) 2 out of 5.
(b) 3 out of 5.
(c) 5 out of 5.
(d) 4 out of 5.
5. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
(a) Two whites and four African Americans.
(b) Three whites and four African Americans.
(c) One white and four African Americans.
(d) One white and three African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Willie James' nickname?
2. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
3. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
4. What laws were created that was the basis for segregation?
5. Who did Aaron marry after his first separation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
2. Who was Donna Bernhagen and what could Butch not handle?
3. What happened on December 9, 1962 in Part III, Chapter 8?
4. Who was Rose Niles?
5. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
6. How did Pickens view himself?
7. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
8. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
9. Who was Tilda Mobley Pou?
10. Who was Clifton?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)