|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Willie James born?
(a) March 6, 1940.
(b) March 6, 1943.
(c) March 6, 1942.
(d) March 6, 1941.
2. Who was hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) John Herrin.
(b) Markus Herrin.
(c) William Herrin.
(d) Robert Herrin.
3. When was Butch released from Bellevue?
4. What was Butch first diagnosed as at Bellevue Hospital?
(b) Anti-social personality disorder
5. What was the name of Thomas Bauskett's son according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Thomas Junior.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Thomas Bauskett buy his son a slave?
2. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
3. What did Pickens see South Carolina as having the power and right to do?
4. Who did Aaron marry?
5. How many congressional seats did African Americans take in South Carolina in the early 1870's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
2. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
3. Who was Maria Hickson?
4. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
5. Who was Aaron Bosket?
6. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
7. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
8. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
9. What happened in March 1867?
10. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)