Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marie ask the court for?
(a) For James to lose his paternal rights.
(b) Financial support from James.
(c) A divorce from James.
(d) A restraining order against James.
2. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
(a) Old blood feuds between families and clans.
(b) The availability of guns.
(c) The absence of organized government.
(d) Poor economic conditions.
3. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
4. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
5. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
2. Who was elected in the elections of 1876?
3. Why did Butch leave the second institution?
4. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
5. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Aaron Bosket?
2. What did Butch begin in Part IV, Chapter 12?
3. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
4. Who was Francis Pickens?
5. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
6. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
7. Who was Clifton?
8. Who was Rose Niles?
9. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
10. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)