|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
(a) One white and three African Americans.
(b) Three whites and four African Americans.
(c) One white and four African Americans.
(d) Two whites and four African Americans.
2. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
(a) He liked the name.
(b) It was the name of his kindest master.
(c) It was the name of the first master he could recall.
(d) The name was an approximate translation of his African name.
3. What did the whites, who feared the newly freed slaves, start in South Carolina?
(a) A series of lawsuits.
(b) Plans to import Chinese workers.
(c) Guerrilla war against blacks.
(d) Selling off their properties.
4. What special school was Butch sent to?
5. How old was Pud in 1910?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Frances and James move to a little wooden house near an eatery?
2. What did young blacks use in place of "honor"?
3. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
4. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
5. What did the whites call the trouble-making black youth of the start of the 20th century?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did race relations further deteriorate?
2. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
3. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
4. How did people react to James?
5. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
6. How did Pickens view himself?
7. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
8. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
9. What happened on March 6, 1941?
10. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)