|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pickens see South Carolina as having the power and right to do?
(a) Secede from the Union.
(b) Use slaves as cattle.
(c) Make its own moral code.
(d) Nullify federal laws.
2. Who did James become enamored with?
(a) A farm hand.
(b) A cook.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A nurse.
3. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
4. When did Thomas Bauskett buy his son a slave?
5. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was James born?
2. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
3. Why had the hanged man killled his boss at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
5. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
2. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
3. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
4. Who was Clifton?
5. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
6. Who was Tilda Mobley Pou?
7. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
8. What was the nickname for Edgefield and what was the crime rate?
9. What did Aaron Bosket do to build a new life for himself?
10. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)