|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
2. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
(a) Morgan Bosket.
(b) Aaron Bosket.
(c) Robert Bosket.
(d) Lusius Bosket.
3. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
4. Why did the crime rate increase in 1903 according to W.E.B. DuBois?
(a) Whites didn't report crimes by whites.
(b) A better record keeping system was put in place.
(c) The police made up crimes to boost the statistics.
(d) Whites created a police system to deal with blacks alone.
5. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
(a) Captain Butler's daughter.
(b) Captain Butler's brother.
(c) Captain Butler's father.
(d) Captain Butler's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pickens see South Carolina as having the power and right to do?
2. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What special school was Butch sent to?
4. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
5. What did the whites of South Carolina fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
2. Who was Aaron Bosket?
3. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
5. What was the nickname for Edgefield and what was the crime rate?
6. Who was Miss Kramer?
7. What was the double standard that persisted?
8. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
9. Who was Tilda Mobley Pou?
10. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)