|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
(a) Two whites and four African Americans.
(b) One white and three African Americans.
(c) Three whites and four African Americans.
(d) One white and four African Americans.
2. Where did Pud rob two stores in April of 1910?
3. When was Butch placed on parole?
4. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
(a) Captain Butler's brother.
(b) Captain Butler's son.
(c) Captain Butler's daughter.
(d) Captain Butler's father.
5. Where was Butch sent after appearing in children's court?
(a) The Children's Center in Jersey.
(b) The Children's Center in Harlem.
(c) The Children's Center in Washington..
(d) The Children's Center in Queens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Butch move with his pregnant wife?
2. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
3. How old was James when he started laboring?
4. What did the whites plan to prevent the African Americans from voting culminate in?
5. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Clifton?
2. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
3. What was the nickname for Edgefield and what was the crime rate?
4. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
5. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
6. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
7. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
8. How did people react to James?
9. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
10. What was the double standard that persisted?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)