|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
2. What happened in the late 1860's?
(a) A series of revolts rocked the plantations.
(b) Whites were expelled from their plantations.
(c) Blacks were given land.
(d) Former slaves were allowed to vote.
3. What was Butch first diagnosed as at Bellevue Hospital?
(c) Anti-social personality disorder
4. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
5. When did Willie get a job as laborer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Thomas Bauskett's son according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. When did the state and federal elections of the late 1860's take place?
3. Who did Butch try to sell the pictures to that he stole from the lab where he worked?
4. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
5. When did Aaron marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
2. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
3. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
4. How did race relations further deteriorate?
5. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
6. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
7. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
8. What was the "Edgefield Plan" and what did it culminate in?
9. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
10. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)