|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the whites of South Carolina fear?
(a) That there was no mechanism to control African Americans.
(b) That the newly freed slaves would enslave them.
(c) That there was no longer any profit in farming.
(d) That the newly freed slaves would leave the state.
2. What did Marie ask the court for?
(a) A restraining order against James.
(b) A divorce from James.
(c) For James to lose his paternal rights.
(d) Financial support from James.
3. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
4. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Lowfield County.
(b) Edgefield County.
(c) Highfield County.
(d) Boldfield County.
5. Where did Frances Bosket move to at the start of Part II, Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pud rob two stores in April of 1910?
2. Who was hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
4. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
5. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Miss Kramer?
2. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
3. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
4. Who was Tilda Mobley Pou?
5. Who was Clifton?
6. What was the double standard that persisted?
7. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
8. How did Butch establish himself?
9. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
10. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)