|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Former slaves.
(c) Free elections.
2. What was the nickname of the county?
(a) Bloody Boldfield.
(b) Bloody Highfield.
(c) Bloody Edgefield.
(d) Bloody Lowfield.
3. When did Thomas Bauskett buy his son a slave?
4. What was Butch finally diagnosed as at Bellevue Hospital?
(b) Anti-social personality disorder.
5. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
2. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
3. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
4. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
5. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Aaron Bosket?
2. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
3. How did Pickens view himself?
4. Who was Francis Pickens?
5. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
6. How did people react to James?
7. According to Part II, Chapter 5, where did Frances Bosket move and why?
8. What was the "Edgefield Plan" and what did it culminate in?
9. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
10. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)