|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
(a) Inter-racial children.
(b) Creation of a slave union.
(c) Economical collapse.
2. What did the whites of South Carolina fear?
(a) That the newly freed slaves would leave the state.
(b) That the newly freed slaves would enslave them.
(c) That there was no mechanism to control African Americans.
(d) That there was no longer any profit in farming.
3. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
(a) Greenburg Hill Baptist Church.
(b) High Hill Baptist Church.
(c) Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
(d) Edgefield Hill Baptist Church.
4. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
(a) Sophia Vaughn.
(b) Carolina Vaughn.
(c) Maria Vaughn.
(d) Erika Vaughn.
5. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
(d) Thy land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What origin were the settlers of the county?
2. What did Pickens see South Carolina as having the power and right to do?
3. What happened in the late 1860's?
4. Who did Butch try to sell the pictures to that he stole from the lab where he worked?
5. What was Butch's sentence for robbing the liquor store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
2. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
3. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
4. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. What happened in March 1867?
6. What did Aaron Bosket do to build a new life for himself?
7. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
8. Who was Maria Hickson?
9. What was the "Edgefield Plan" and what did it culminate in?
10. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)