Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Willie James when he enrolled in school?
2. Who was elected in the elections of 1876?
(a) Black Republicans.
(b) White Democrats.
(c) White Republicans.
(d) Black Democrats.
3. Who did Aaron marry after his first separation?
(a) Tilda Mobley Pou.
(b) Lucyl Mobley Pou.
(c) Marie Mobley Pou.
(d) Sophia Mobley Pou.
4. Who was Marie's second husband according to Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) Arthur Jackson.
(b) James Jackson.
(c) Aaron Jackson.
(d) Robert Jackson.
5. What did the whites call the trouble-making black youth of the start of the 20th century?
(a) "The New Trouble."
(b) "The New Slave."
(c) "The Old Slave."
(d) "The New Negro."
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the man hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. Why did James start carrying a knife?
3. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
4. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
5. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
2. Who was Miss Kramer?
3. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
4. How did Butch establish himself?
5. What was the juvenile court system based on?
6. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
7. Who was Francis Pickens?
8. What did James do after he took Butch out of school?
9. What happened when police backed Butch into a corner and what did this reveal?
10. Who was Maria Hickson?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)