|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Butch establish himself as where he was first institutionalized?
(a) The loving boy.
(b) The shy boy.
(c) The underdog.
(d) The most violent of the boys.
2. How old was James when he started laboring?
3. When did Butch's trial start?
(a) February 26, 1965.
(b) March 26, 1963.
(c) February 26, 1963.
(d) March 26, 1965.
4. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
5. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
2. Who did Aaron marry?
3. Why did the crime rate increase in 1903 according to W.E.B. DuBois?
4. When was the man hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. Who broke through Butch's anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Francis Pickens?
2. Who was Aaron Bosket?
3. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
4. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
5. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
6. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
7. What did Aaron Bosket do to build a new life for himself?
8. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
9. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
10. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)