|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Robert Herrin.
(b) William Herrin.
(c) John Herrin.
(d) Markus Herrin.
2. Why did Butch leave the second institution?
(a) The school closed.
(b) He was expelled.
(c) His father took him away.
(d) He fled.
3. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
4. Where did Butch move with his pregnant wife?
(d) New York.
5. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
(a) Sophia Vaughn.
(b) Erika Vaughn.
(c) Carolina Vaughn.
(d) Maria Vaughn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
2. When did Butch's trial start?
3. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
5. When did Pud die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
3. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
4. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. What did James do after he took Butch out of school?
6. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
7. Who was Clifton?
8. How did race relations further deteriorate?
9. How did Pickens view himself?
10. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)