|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had the hanged man killled his boss at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His boss cheated him of his wages.
(b) His boss stole his horse.
(c) His boss fired him.
(d) His boss killed his horse.
2. How many congressional seats did African Americans take in South Carolina in the early 1870's?
(a) 5 out of 5.
(b) 4 out of 5.
(c) 2 out of 5.
(d) 3 out of 5.
3. How many elective offices did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
(a) 4 out of 8.
(b) 5 out of 8.
(c) 4 out of 10.
(d) 4 out of 9.
4. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
5. What was the name of the slave Thomas Bauskett gave his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was James born?
2. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
3. Where did Marie go after leaving Willie James with Frances?
4. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
5. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
2. Who was Aaron Bosket?
3. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
4. What was the "Edgefield Plan" and what did it culminate in?
5. What happened on March 6, 1941?
6. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
7. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
8. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
9. What was the nickname for Edgefield and what was the crime rate?
10. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)