|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Pud in 1910?
2. Why did slavery add to the culture of violence?
(a) Psychological help for the slave was non-existant.
(b) Slaves were not paid.
(c) Violence was needed to enforce bondage.
(d) Violence was all they knew.
3. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
(a) Morgan Bosket.
(b) Lusius Bosket.
(c) Robert Bosket.
(d) Aaron Bosket.
4. Why had the hanged man killled his boss at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His boss stole his horse.
(b) His boss cheated him of his wages.
(c) His boss fired him.
(d) His boss killed his horse.
5. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
2. Why did the crime rate increase in 1903 according to W.E.B. DuBois?
3. What was Pud sentenced to for the robberies he committed?
4. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
5. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
2. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
3. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
4. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
5. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
6. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
7. According to Part II, Chapter 5, where did Frances Bosket move and why?
8. How did Butch establish himself?
9. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
10. What happened in March 1867?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)