|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
(a) Frederik Samuelson.
(b) Marcus Roberts.
(c) Alfred Dearing.
2. Why did Butch leave the second institution?
(a) His father took him away.
(b) He was expelled.
(c) The school closed.
(d) He fled.
3. When were the people numbed toward violence?
(a) From1760 to 1790.
(b) From 1760 to 1780.
(c) From1770 to 1790.
(d) From1750 to 1780.
4. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
(a) Captain Butler's brother.
(b) Captain Butler's daughter.
(c) Captain Butler's son.
(d) Captain Butler's father.
5. How many blacks were lynched in 1898?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the whites of South Carolina fear?
2. Who did Aaron marry?
3. When was Butch released from Bellevue?
4. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
5. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
2. How did people react to James?
3. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
4. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
5. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
6. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
7. How did race relations further deteriorate?
8. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
9. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
10. Who was Francis Pickens?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)