|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Thomas Bauskett buy his son a slave?
2. What did Pickens see South Carolina as having the power and right to do?
(a) Secede from the Union.
(b) Make its own moral code.
(c) Nullify federal laws.
(d) Use slaves as cattle.
3. How many blacks were lynched in 1898?
4. What was Pud sentenced to for the robberies he committed?
(a) Three years of hard labor.
(b) One year of hard labor.
(c) Four years of hard labor.
(d) Two years of hard labor.
5. How many elective offices did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
(a) 4 out of 10.
(b) 5 out of 8.
(c) 4 out of 9.
(d) 4 out of 8.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was James when he started laboring?
2. What did the whites plan to prevent the African Americans from voting culminate in?
3. When did Butch's trial start?
4. Why did people back away from James?
5. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on March 6, 1941?
2. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
3. What was the nickname for Edgefield and what was the crime rate?
4. How did Butch establish himself?
5. What happened in March 1867?
6. Who was Maria Hickson?
7. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
8. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
9. How did Pickens view himself?
10. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)