|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
(a) A writer.
(b) A plantation owner.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A sailor.
2. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
(a) Sophia Vaughn.
(b) Carolina Vaughn.
(c) Maria Vaughn.
(d) Erika Vaughn.
3. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
(a) His horse.
(b) His freedom.
(c) His right to win land.
(d) His right to vote.
4. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
(a) The economic downturn.
(b) Drinking and firearms.
(c) Drinking and lack of jobs.
(d) Firearms and economic downturn.
5. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) March 21, 1865.
(b) June 21, 1865.
(c) June 21, 1866.
(d) March 21, 1866
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Butch move with his pregnant wife?
2. How many seats of the legislature did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
3. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
4. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. Who did Aaron marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the double standard that persisted?
2. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
3. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
4. What group was William Herrin and Pud part of according to Part I, Chapter 4?
5. What was the nickname for Edgefield and what was the crime rate?
6. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
7. How did race relations further deteriorate?
8. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
9. What happened on March 6, 1941?
10. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)