|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
(a) He liked the name.
(b) It was the name of his kindest master.
(c) The name was an approximate translation of his African name.
(d) It was the name of the first master he could recall.
2. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
(a) Mount Willing.
(b) Mount Solidarity.
(c) Mount Confederate.
(d) Mount Simple.
3. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
(a) Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
(b) Edgefield Hill Baptist Church.
(c) High Hill Baptist Church.
(d) Greenburg Hill Baptist Church.
4. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
5. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(c) Former slaves.
(d) Free elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in the late 1860's?
2. Why did Butch leave the second institution?
3. Why did the blacks of the early 20th century stop paying much attention to the difference between law and lawlessness according to Butterfield?
4. How many elective offices did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
5. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Aaron Bosket?
2. What happened in March 1867?
3. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
4. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
5. Who was Tilda Mobley Pou?
6. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
7. What happened on March 6, 1941?
8. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
9. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
10. How did people react to James?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)