|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the whites plan to prevent the African Americans from voting culminate in?
(a) The Edgefield Massacre.
(b) The Riverdale Massacre.
(c) The Hamburg Massacre.
(d) The Market Massacre.
2. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
(a) The laziest men in America.
(b) The richest people in America.
(c) The best farmers in America.
(d) The most hated men in America.
3. Who was Marie's second husband according to Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) James Jackson.
(b) Arthur Jackson.
(c) Robert Jackson.
(d) Aaron Jackson.
4. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
(a) Captain Butler's son.
(b) Captain Butler's father.
(c) Captain Butler's daughter.
(d) Captain Butler's brother.
5. What did the whites, who feared the newly freed slaves, start in South Carolina?
(a) Guerrilla war against blacks.
(b) A series of lawsuits.
(c) Selling off their properties.
(d) Plans to import Chinese workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of the county?
2. When was Willie Bosket born?
3. What was Willie James' nickname?
4. When was Willie James born?
5. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. Who was Miss Kramer?
3. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
4. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
5. Who was Aaron Bosket?
6. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
7. What was the double standard that persisted?
8. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
9. What did James do after he took Butch out of school?
10. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)