|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Butch sent after appearing in children's court?
(a) The Children's Center in Jersey.
(b) The Children's Center in Queens.
(c) The Children's Center in Harlem.
(d) The Children's Center in Washington..
2. Why did James start carrying a knife?
(a) He wanted to be a "bad man" like his father.
(b) For self-defense.
(c) He wanted to protect his mom.
(d) He used it to carve wood.
3. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(c) Free elections.
(d) Former slaves.
4. When did Willie James become part of a gang?
(a) At 12.
(b) At 9.
(c) At 6.
(d) At 8.
5. Who was hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Markus Herrin.
(b) Robert Herrin.
(c) John Herrin.
(d) William Herrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
2. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
3. Who did James become enamored with?
4. Who broke through Butch's anger?
5. What laws were created that was the basis for segregation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on March 6, 1941?
2. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
3. What did W.E.B. DuBois acknowledge?
4. Where were slaves kept for over a century?
5. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
6. Who was Aaron Bosket?
7. Who was Clifton?
8. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
9. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
10. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)