|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Butch placed on parole?
2. What laws were created that was the basis for segregation?
(a) The Jim Crow laws.
(b) The South Protection laws.
(c) The Markus Brow laws.
(d) The Greeny Laws.
3. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
(a) Mount Willing.
(b) Mount Solidarity.
(c) Mount Simple.
(d) Mount Confederate.
4. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
5. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did James start carrying a knife?
2. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
3. Who did James become enamored with?
4. When did Frances Bosket leave South Carolina?
5. What was the nickname of the county?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did race relations further deteriorate?
2. Who were Noel Perez and Moises Perez?
3. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
4. Why did some of the jurors have sleepless nights?
5. What happened on March 6, 1941?
6. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
7. Who was Aaron Bosket?
8. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
9. What was the juvenile court system based on?
10. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)