|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Butch's sentence for robbing the liquor store?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. Who did Butch try to sell the pictures to that he stole from the lab where he worked?
(a) To a Club.
(b) To a magazine.
(c) A pawnshop.
(d) To a trucker.
3. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
(a) Three whites and four African Americans.
(b) Two whites and four African Americans.
(c) One white and four African Americans.
(d) One white and three African Americans.
4. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
5. When were the people numbed toward violence?
(a) From1770 to 1790.
(b) From1760 to 1790.
(c) From1750 to 1780.
(d) From 1760 to 1780.
Short Answer Questions
1. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. What did the whites call the trouble-making black youth of the start of the 20th century?
4. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
5. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on December 9, 1962 in Part III, Chapter 8?
2. What happened on June 21, 1865 and how did people react according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. Who was Rose Niles?
4. What did Willie believe about a social compact?
5. Who did Butch meet in 1970?
6. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
7. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
8. What happened in March 1867?
9. What did James do after he took Butch out of school?
10. What was Butch surprised about in Part V, Chapter 15?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)