|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Willie James and his other grandmother, Cora Mae Jones, go when he was 8?
(a) New York.
2. What special school was Butch sent to?
3. Why did people back away from James?
(a) He was a Bosket.
(b) He was an African American.
(c) He wore a gang tatoo.
(d) He had a knife.
4. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
(a) Firearms and economic downturn.
(b) Drinking and lack of jobs.
(c) Drinking and firearms.
(d) The economic downturn.
5. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
(a) March 1869.
(b) March 1866.
(c) March 1867.
(d) March 1868.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in the late 1860's?
2. What was the name of the wrestling the settlers of the county often engaged in?
3. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
4. What did Butch establish himself as where he was first institutionalized?
5. Why did the blacks of the early 20th century stop paying much attention to the difference between law and lawlessness according to Butterfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What violent conditions did Scottish-Irish settlers perpetuate?
2. Who was Clifton?
3. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
4. According to Part II, Chapter 5, where did Frances Bosket move and why?
5. What sentence did Butch receive for robbing a liquor store in 1957?
6. Who did Pud marry and how many children did they have?
7. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
8. What was the most violent county in the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
9. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
10. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)