|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
2. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
(a) The gun.
(b) The cane.
(c) The fork.
(d) The whip.
3. Why did the price of the crops in South Carolina fall in the late 1890's?
(a) Texas had better crops.
(b) California started its agricultural program.
(c) Mexico started to export to the United States.
(d) South Carolina joined the economy.
4. What was Butch's sentence for robbing the liquor store?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. How old was Pud in 1910?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
2. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
3. When did Willie James become part of a gang?
4. What did Marie ask the court for?
5. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did James do after he took Butch out of school?
2. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
3. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
4. What did Marie do when James returned to Saluda?
5. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
6. What did the eldest son of Captain Butler do?
7. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
8. Who was Aaron Bosket?
9. Who was Tilda Mobley Pou?
10. What happened in March 1867?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)