|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Butch's IQ?
2. What type of contract did Aaron have to sign to get work?
(a) A slave contract.
(b) A free worker contract.
(c) A farmhand contract.
(d) A sharecropping labor contract.
3. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
(d) Thy land.
4. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
(a) His right to win land.
(b) His horse.
(c) His right to vote.
(d) His freedom.
5. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
(a) The most hated men in America.
(b) The best farmers in America.
(c) The richest people in America.
(d) The laziest men in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Frances Bosket move to at the start of Part II, Chapter 5?
2. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
3. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
4. When was Willie Bosket born?
5. When did Butch's trial start?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the Bosket family in 1943?
2. What happened in March 1867?
3. What was the double standard that persisted?
4. What happened on March 6, 1941?
5. What was Pud's sentence for robbing two stores?
6. Who were the Bausketts according to Part I, Chapter 2?
7. What happened to Pud in 1924 and what did the Bosket men do?
8. How did Pickens view himself?
9. What was the nickname for Edgefield and what was the crime rate?
10. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)