|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
(a) Drinking and firearms.
(b) The economic downturn.
(c) Drinking and lack of jobs.
(d) Firearms and economic downturn.
2. Who did Aaron marry?
3. How old was James when he started laboring?
4. What did the whites call the trouble-making black youth of the start of the 20th century?
(a) "The New Trouble."
(b) "The New Negro."
(c) "The Old Slave."
(d) "The New Slave."
5. When did Butch's trial start?
(a) February 26, 1963.
(b) February 26, 1965.
(c) March 26, 1963.
(d) March 26, 1965.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
2. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
3. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
4. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
5. What did the whites plan to prevent the African Americans from voting culminate in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did James do after he took Butch out of school?
2. What did Pickens become at the end of Part I, Chapter 2?
3. What did Aaron Bosket do to build a new life for himself?
4. What did Marie tell the court in Part II, Chapter 6?
5. Who was Francis Pickens?
6. What happened in the pawn shop in Milwaukee?
7. What was the double standard that persisted?
8. How did people react to James?
9. How did the slave trade benefit South Carolina's white population and how were slaves a threat?
10. What happened on March 6, 1941?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)