|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Willie channel his energy into?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Acts of violence and petty crimes.
2. What was Butch's favorite book?
(b) "Grapes of Wrath."
(c) "To kill a Mockingbird."
(d) "Moby Dick."
3. What did Willie catch Charles doing?
(a) Doing drugs.
(b) Beating Cheryl.
(c) Beating his son.
(d) Selling a gun.
4. What did Laura insist Willie was after his return home?
(a) A bad person.
(b) A good person.
(c) A damaged person.
(d) A person of honor.
5. Who did Willie put on trial when he was being accused of attempted murder?
(a) The prison guard.
(c) The prison system.
(d) His parents.
6. What was one path out of Waupun prison according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) Becoming a priest.
(b) Taking courses.
(c) Psychiatric help.
(d) Work points.
7. What did Willie learn with Jake Onufrychuk?
(a) Auto repair work.
(b) HVAC work.
(c) Electrical work.
(d) Carpentry and electrical work.
8. Why did Governor Carey send Willie to prison after his transfer out of the prison?
(a) He swore Willie would never walk the street again.
(b) Governor Carey saw him burglarize his car.
(c) Willie was released by mistake.
(d) Governor Carey didn't sign the release papers in time.
9. What would Willie get if convicted of a felony?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Not guilty for reason of insanity.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 25 years.
10. How long did Willie stay in the hospital?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four months.
(d) One month.
11. How many witnesses did Willie call?
12. Why was Willie arrested by the police?
(a) Cheryl accused him of beating her.
(b) He failed to meet his probation officer.
(c) A elderly man falsely accused him of robbery.
(d) He robbed a bank.
13. Why did Willie quickly leave the Manhattan Youth Development Center?
(a) He got married.
(b) The center didn't have the resources to control him.
(c) He was transferred to another center.
(d) He found a job.
14. How many children does Cheryl have?
15. Where did Laura take Willie after he was expelled from school?
(a) Bellevue Hospital.
(b) St. David Hospital.
(c) Monthvue Hospital.
(d) CCM Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Willie kill on a train?
2. What facility was Willie first confined in?
3. Who helped Butch escape from the hospital?
4. Where did the Division of Youth in New York move Willie to?
5. What was Butch's area of study?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)