|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
2. What was Butch convicted of?
(a) Second-degree murder.
(b) Assault with a deadly weapon.
(c) First-degree murder.
(d) Legitimate defense.
3. What type of contract did Aaron have to sign to get work?
(a) A farmhand contract.
(b) A sharecropping labor contract.
(c) A free worker contract.
(d) A slave contract.
4. What special school was Butch sent to?
5. Why did Butch leave the second institution?
(a) His father took him away.
(b) He was expelled.
(c) He fled.
(d) The school closed.
6. When were the people numbed toward violence?
(a) From1760 to 1790.
(b) From1770 to 1790.
(c) From 1760 to 1780.
(d) From1750 to 1780.
7. Who did James become enamored with?
(a) A cook.
(b) A farm hand.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A waitress.
8. What laws were created that was the basis for segregation?
(a) The Markus Brow laws.
(b) The Jim Crow laws.
(c) The South Protection laws.
(d) The Greeny Laws.
9. When was James born?
10. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Boldfield County.
(b) Lowfield County.
(c) Edgefield County.
(d) Highfield County.
11. Why did people back away from James?
(a) He wore a gang tatoo.
(b) He was an African American.
(c) He had a knife.
(d) He was a Bosket.
12. Who did Aaron marry after his first separation?
(a) Tilda Mobley Pou.
(b) Lucyl Mobley Pou.
(c) Marie Mobley Pou.
(d) Sophia Mobley Pou.
13. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Free elections.
(b) Former slaves.
14. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
(a) Two whites and four African Americans.
(b) One white and four African Americans.
(c) One white and three African Americans.
(d) Three whites and four African Americans.
15. What was the nickname of the county?
(a) Bloody Boldfield.
(b) Bloody Highfield.
(c) Bloody Lowfield.
(d) Bloody Edgefield.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
2. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
3. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
4. What did the whites plan to prevent the African Americans from voting culminate in?
5. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)