|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the slave Thomas Bauskett gave his son?
2. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
(a) The Lee plan.
(b) Plan R.
(c) The Edgefield Plan.
(d) The bloody plan.
3. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
4. When was James born?
5. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
(a) Mount Simple.
(b) Mount Solidarity.
(c) Mount Willing.
(d) Mount Confederate.
6. What origin were the settlers of the county?
7. Why did James start carrying a knife?
(a) He used it to carve wood.
(b) For self-defense.
(c) He wanted to protect his mom.
(d) He wanted to be a "bad man" like his father.
8. When did Butch's trial start?
(a) March 26, 1965.
(b) February 26, 1963.
(c) March 26, 1963.
(d) February 26, 1965.
9. Why did slavery add to the culture of violence?
(a) Violence was needed to enforce bondage.
(b) Psychological help for the slave was non-existant.
(c) Slaves were not paid.
(d) Violence was all they knew.
10. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
11. How many blacks were lynched in 1898?
12. Where was Butch sent after appearing in children's court?
(a) The Children's Center in Queens.
(b) The Children's Center in Harlem.
(c) The Children's Center in Jersey.
(d) The Children's Center in Washington..
13. When was Butch released from Bellevue?
14. How old was Willie James when he enrolled in school?
15. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
(a) The laziest men in America.
(b) The most hated men in America.
(c) The richest people in America.
(d) The best farmers in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What laws were created that was the basis for segregation?
2. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
3. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
4. When did Frances Bosket leave South Carolina?
5. What was the name of the wrestling the settlers of the county often engaged in?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)