|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the whites call the trouble-making black youth of the start of the 20th century?
(a) "The Old Slave."
(b) "The New Trouble."
(c) "The New Slave."
(d) "The New Negro."
2. Why had the hanged man killled his boss at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His boss cheated him of his wages.
(b) His boss stole his horse.
(c) His boss fired him.
(d) His boss killed his horse.
3. When did Butch's trial start?
(a) February 26, 1965.
(b) March 26, 1963.
(c) February 26, 1963.
(d) March 26, 1965.
4. Who did Aaron marry after his first separation?
(a) Marie Mobley Pou.
(b) Lucyl Mobley Pou.
(c) Tilda Mobley Pou.
(d) Sophia Mobley Pou.
5. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) March 21, 1866
(b) June 21, 1865.
(c) March 21, 1865.
(d) June 21, 1866.
6. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
(a) Greenburg Hill Baptist Church.
(b) Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
(c) Edgefield Hill Baptist Church.
(d) High Hill Baptist Church.
7. When was Butch placed on parole?
8. When did Frances Bosket leave South Carolina?
9. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
10. What was the nickname of the county?
(a) Bloody Lowfield.
(b) Bloody Edgefield.
(c) Bloody Highfield.
(d) Bloody Boldfield.
11. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
(a) Robert Bosket.
(b) Lusius Bosket.
(c) Morgan Bosket.
(d) Aaron Bosket.
12. What was the name of the slave Thomas Bauskett gave his son?
13. What did the whites of South Carolina fear?
(a) That there was no mechanism to control African Americans.
(b) That the newly freed slaves would leave the state.
(c) That the newly freed slaves would enslave them.
(d) That there was no longer any profit in farming.
14. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
(a) The gun.
(b) The fork.
(c) The cane.
(d) The whip.
15. How old was Willie James when he enrolled in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
2. What did Willie James do after he started to attend school?
3. When did Willie James become part of a gang?
4. Who was hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)