|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What origin were the settlers of the county?
2. How old was Willie James when he enrolled in school?
3. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
4. Where did Willie James and his other grandmother, Cora Mae Jones, go when he was 8?
(d) New York.
5. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
6. Why did the price of the crops in South Carolina fall in the late 1890's?
(a) California started its agricultural program.
(b) Texas had better crops.
(c) South Carolina joined the economy.
(d) Mexico started to export to the United States.
7. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
(a) Frederik Samuelson.
(c) Alfred Dearing.
(d) Marcus Roberts.
8. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
9. When did Butch's trial start?
(a) February 26, 1963.
(b) March 26, 1965.
(c) February 26, 1965.
(d) March 26, 1963.
10. Who was hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) John Herrin.
(b) Robert Herrin.
(c) Markus Herrin.
(d) William Herrin.
11. How old was Pud in 1910?
12. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
(a) The economic downturn.
(b) Drinking and lack of jobs.
(c) Drinking and firearms.
(d) Firearms and economic downturn.
13. How many elective offices did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
(a) 4 out of 9.
(b) 5 out of 8.
(c) 4 out of 8.
(d) 4 out of 10.
14. What was the name of the slave Thomas Bauskett gave his son?
15. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of territory was the county according to Butterfield?
2. When did Thomas Bauskett buy his son a slave?
3. When was Butch released from Bellevue?
4. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
5. When was Willie Bosket born?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)