|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was James when he started laboring?
2. Who was Marie's second husband according to Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) Robert Jackson.
(b) James Jackson.
(c) Arthur Jackson.
(d) Aaron Jackson.
3. What was the name of the slave Thomas Bauskett gave his son?
4. When did the state and federal elections of the late 1860's take place?
5. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
(d) Thy land.
6. What special school was Butch sent to?
7. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Highfield County.
(b) Edgefield County.
(c) Boldfield County.
(d) Lowfield County.
8. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
(a) March 1869.
(b) March 1866.
(c) March 1867.
(d) March 1868.
9. Where was Butch sent after appearing in children's court?
(a) The Children's Center in Harlem.
(b) The Children's Center in Jersey.
(c) The Children's Center in Washington..
(d) The Children's Center in Queens.
10. What did Pickens see South Carolina as having the power and right to do?
(a) Use slaves as cattle.
(b) Nullify federal laws.
(c) Make its own moral code.
(d) Secede from the Union.
11. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
12. What origin were the settlers of the county?
13. When was James born?
14. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
15. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Butch finally diagnosed as at Bellevue Hospital?
2. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
3. Who broke through Butch's anger?
4. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
5. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)