|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
(a) The cane.
(b) The gun.
(c) The whip.
(d) The fork.
2. Where was Butch sent after appearing in children's court?
(a) The Children's Center in Jersey.
(b) The Children's Center in Queens.
(c) The Children's Center in Harlem.
(d) The Children's Center in Washington..
3. When was James born?
4. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
(a) March 1866.
(b) March 1867.
(c) March 1869.
(d) March 1868.
5. How old was Pud in 1910?
6. When did the state and federal elections of the late 1860's take place?
7. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
8. What was Butch convicted of?
(a) Assault with a deadly weapon.
(b) First-degree murder.
(c) Legitimate defense.
(d) Second-degree murder.
9. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
10. Who did Aaron marry?
11. Under what president did Pickens become the minister to St Petersburg?
(a) President Buchanan.
(b) President Taylor.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) President Pierce.
12. Who broke through Butch's anger?
(a) Miss Jones.
(b) Miss Kim.
(c) Miss Kramer.
(d) Miss Lily.
13. What was the name of the wrestling the settlers of the county often engaged in?
14. When did Pud die?
15. Who was Marie's second husband according to Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) Aaron Jackson.
(b) James Jackson.
(c) Arthur Jackson.
(d) Robert Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did James start carrying a knife?
2. What was the name of Thomas Bauskett's son according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. Who did Butch try to sell the pictures to that he stole from the lab where he worked?
4. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
5. Who did James become enamored with?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)