|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Butch placed on parole?
2. Why did Butch leave the second institution?
(a) He fled.
(b) His father took him away.
(c) The school closed.
(d) He was expelled.
3. How many more murders than Massachusetts did the county have up until the 1930's?
(a) 12 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 4 times.
(d) 2 times.
4. Who broke through Butch's anger?
(a) Miss Lily.
(b) Miss Kramer.
(c) Miss Kim.
(d) Miss Jones.
5. When was Willie Bosket born?
(a) December 1961.
(b) December 1963.
(c) December 1962.
(d) December 1965.
6. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) Former slaves.
(c) Free elections.
7. What did Marie ask the court for?
(a) A divorce from James.
(b) A restraining order against James.
(c) Financial support from James.
(d) For James to lose his paternal rights.
8. What was Butch convicted of?
(a) Second-degree murder.
(b) Assault with a deadly weapon.
(c) Legitimate defense.
(d) First-degree murder.
9. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
10. What type of contract did Aaron have to sign to get work?
(a) A free worker contract.
(b) A sharecropping labor contract.
(c) A farmhand contract.
(d) A slave contract.
11. What type of territory was the county according to Butterfield?
12. When did Thomas Bauskett buy his son a slave?
13. What was the name of Thomas Bauskett's son according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Thomas Junior.
14. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
(a) The bloody plan.
(b) The Edgefield Plan.
(c) Plan R.
(d) The Lee plan.
15. What was the name of the wrestling the settlers of the county often engaged in?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
2. What did the whites call the trouble-making black youth of the start of the 20th century?
3. What happened in the late 1860's?
4. What was Pud sentenced to for the robberies he committed?
5. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)