|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Frances and James move to a little wooden house near an eatery?
2. What did the whites, who feared the newly freed slaves, start in South Carolina?
(a) Plans to import Chinese workers.
(b) Selling off their properties.
(c) Guerrilla war against blacks.
(d) A series of lawsuits.
3. When was the man hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) November 27, 1909.
(b) March 27, 1909.
(c) November 27, 1908.
(d) March 27, 1908.
4. What origin were the settlers of the county?
5. How long after the robbery was Pud arrested?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 10 days.
6. When was James born?
7. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
8. Who broke through Butch's anger?
(a) Miss Kramer.
(b) Miss Lily.
(c) Miss Kim.
(d) Miss Jones.
9. What was Butch's IQ?
10. What was the name of the slave Thomas Bauskett gave his son?
11. Why had the hanged man killled his boss at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His boss fired him.
(b) His boss stole his horse.
(c) His boss cheated him of his wages.
(d) His boss killed his horse.
12. When did Willie James become part of a gang?
(a) At 6.
(b) At 8.
(c) At 12.
(d) At 9.
13. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
(a) He liked the name.
(b) The name was an approximate translation of his African name.
(c) It was the name of the first master he could recall.
(d) It was the name of his kindest master.
14. When did Thomas Bauskett buy his son a slave?
15. What special school was Butch sent to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
2. How many more murders than Massachusetts did the county have up until the 1930's?
3. What was Butch convicted of?
4. How many elective offices did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
5. Who did Butch try to sell the pictures to that he stole from the lab where he worked?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)