|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
(a) Poor economic conditions.
(b) The absence of organized government.
(c) The availability of guns.
(d) Old blood feuds between families and clans.
2. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
(a) Drinking and firearms.
(b) The economic downturn.
(c) Firearms and economic downturn.
(d) Drinking and lack of jobs.
3. Where did Willie James and his other grandmother, Cora Mae Jones, go when he was 8?
(d) New York.
4. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
(a) March 1867.
(b) March 1868.
(c) March 1866.
(d) March 1869.
5. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
6. Where did Marie go after leaving Willie James with Frances?
(b) New York.
7. When was Butch placed on parole?
8. What did young blacks use in place of "honor"?
9. When did Willie James become part of a gang?
(a) At 6.
(b) At 8.
(c) At 12.
(d) At 9.
10. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
(a) Mount Solidarity.
(b) Mount Confederate.
(c) Mount Simple.
(d) Mount Willing.
11. What did Butch establish himself as where he was first institutionalized?
(a) The loving boy.
(b) The underdog.
(c) The most violent of the boys.
(d) The shy boy.
12. What did the whites plan to prevent the African Americans from voting culminate in?
(a) The Edgefield Massacre.
(b) The Hamburg Massacre.
(c) The Riverdale Massacre.
(d) The Market Massacre.
13. When was Butch released from Bellevue?
14. What was Butch convicted of?
(a) First-degree murder.
(b) Second-degree murder.
(c) Assault with a deadly weapon.
(d) Legitimate defense.
15. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
(a) Having fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was elected in the elections of 1876?
2. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. How old was Pud in 1910?
4. What did Marie ask the court for?
5. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)