|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pud sentenced to for the robberies he committed?
(a) One year of hard labor.
(b) Four years of hard labor.
(c) Three years of hard labor.
(d) Two years of hard labor.
2. What did the whites, who feared the newly freed slaves, start in South Carolina?
(a) Selling off their properties.
(b) Guerrilla war against blacks.
(c) A series of lawsuits.
(d) Plans to import Chinese workers.
3. Who did Aaron marry after his first separation?
(a) Marie Mobley Pou.
(b) Lucyl Mobley Pou.
(c) Sophia Mobley Pou.
(d) Tilda Mobley Pou.
4. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
(a) The fork.
(b) The cane.
(c) The gun.
(d) The whip.
5. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
6. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
(a) Frederik Samuelson.
(b) Alfred Dearing.
(c) Marcus Roberts.
7. When did Willie get a job as laborer?
8. When did Butch's trial start?
(a) February 26, 1965.
(b) February 26, 1963.
(c) March 26, 1963.
(d) March 26, 1965.
9. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
(a) The availability of guns.
(b) Old blood feuds between families and clans.
(c) Poor economic conditions.
(d) The absence of organized government.
10. How old was James when he started laboring?
11. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
(d) Having fun.
12. Why did James start carrying a knife?
(a) He wanted to protect his mom.
(b) For self-defense.
(c) He wanted to be a "bad man" like his father.
(d) He used it to carve wood.
13. When did Pud die?
14. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
(a) Lusius Bosket.
(b) Aaron Bosket.
(c) Robert Bosket.
(d) Morgan Bosket.
15. When did Frances Bosket leave South Carolina?
Short Answer Questions
1. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
2. What did Pickens see South Carolina as having the power and right to do?
3. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
4. How old was Pud in 1910?
5. Why did people back away from James?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)