|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pud rob two stores in April of 1910?
2. Why did people back away from James?
(a) He was an African American.
(b) He was a Bosket.
(c) He wore a gang tatoo.
(d) He had a knife.
3. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Boldfield County.
(b) Highfield County.
(c) Lowfield County.
(d) Edgefield County.
4. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
5. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
6. Why had the hanged man killled his boss at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His boss stole his horse.
(b) His boss fired him.
(c) His boss cheated him of his wages.
(d) His boss killed his horse.
7. When did Butch's trial start?
(a) March 26, 1963.
(b) February 26, 1965.
(c) March 26, 1965.
(d) February 26, 1963.
8. How old was Willie James when he enrolled in school?
9. Who did Aaron marry after his first separation?
(a) Sophia Mobley Pou.
(b) Marie Mobley Pou.
(c) Tilda Mobley Pou.
(d) Lucyl Mobley Pou.
10. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
11. Who was Marie's second husband according to Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) Robert Jackson.
(b) James Jackson.
(c) Aaron Jackson.
(d) Arthur Jackson.
12. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
13. How old was Pud in 1910?
14. Why did the price of the crops in South Carolina fall in the late 1890's?
(a) Mexico started to export to the United States.
(b) California started its agricultural program.
(c) South Carolina joined the economy.
(d) Texas had better crops.
15. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was James when he started laboring?
2. Who was elected in the elections of 1876?
3. When did Willie get a job as laborer?
4. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
5. What was Butch convicted of?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)