|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was elected in the elections of 1876?
(a) Black Democrats.
(b) White Republicans.
(c) White Democrats.
(d) Black Republicans.
2. Where did Marie go after leaving Willie James with Frances?
(d) New York.
3. What was Butch's IQ?
4. When was Willie James born?
(a) March 6, 1941.
(b) March 6, 1942.
(c) March 6, 1940.
(d) March 6, 1943.
5. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
(a) Robert Bosket.
(b) Lusius Bosket.
(c) Aaron Bosket.
(d) Morgan Bosket.
6. How many elective offices did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
(a) 5 out of 8.
(b) 4 out of 10.
(c) 4 out of 9.
(d) 4 out of 8.
7. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) Free elections.
(d) Former slaves.
8. What did Marie ask the court for?
(a) Financial support from James.
(b) A restraining order against James.
(c) A divorce from James.
(d) For James to lose his paternal rights.
9. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
10. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
(a) The Edgefield Plan.
(b) The Lee plan.
(c) Plan R.
(d) The bloody plan.
11. When did Pud die?
12. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
13. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) March 21, 1866
(b) June 21, 1866.
(c) June 21, 1865.
(d) March 21, 1865.
14. What did Pickens see South Carolina as having the power and right to do?
(a) Make its own moral code.
(b) Use slaves as cattle.
(c) Nullify federal laws.
(d) Secede from the Union.
15. When was Willie Bosket born?
(a) December 1965.
(b) December 1963.
(c) December 1962.
(d) December 1961.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
2. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
3. When did Aaron marry?
4. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
5. When did Butch's trial start?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)