|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the wrestling the settlers of the county often engaged in?
2. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
(a) Two whites and four African Americans.
(b) One white and four African Americans.
(c) Three whites and four African Americans.
(d) One white and three African Americans.
3. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
(c) Having fun.
4. Why did Butch leave the second institution?
(a) The school closed.
(b) His father took him away.
(c) He fled.
(d) He was expelled.
5. What was the nickname of the county?
(a) Bloody Highfield.
(b) Bloody Lowfield.
(c) Bloody Edgefield.
(d) Bloody Boldfield.
6. What special school was Butch sent to?
7. What did Willie James do after he started to attend school?
(a) He skipped school.
(b) He started teaching.
(c) He started taking one on one lessons.
(d) He starting spending time in the library.
8. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
(a) March 1866.
(b) March 1868.
(c) March 1867.
(d) March 1869.
9. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
(a) The bloody plan.
(b) The Edgefield Plan.
(c) Plan R.
(d) The Lee plan.
10. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
(a) Morgan Bosket.
(b) Aaron Bosket.
(c) Robert Bosket.
(d) Lusius Bosket.
11. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Free elections.
(d) Former slaves.
12. How old was James when he started laboring?
13. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
14. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
15. How many more murders than Massachusetts did the county have up until the 1930's?
(a) 4 times.
(b) 12 times.
(c) 5 times.
(d) 2 times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
2. How long after the robbery was Pud arrested?
3. Where did Marie go after leaving Willie James with Frances?
4. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
5. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)