|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Lowfield County.
(b) Edgefield County.
(c) Highfield County.
(d) Boldfield County.
2. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
3. When was James born?
4. When was Butch placed on parole?
5. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
(d) Having fun.
6. What was Butch's sentence for robbing the liquor store?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
7. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
(a) The fork.
(b) The whip.
(c) The cane.
(d) The gun.
8. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
(a) Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
(b) Edgefield Hill Baptist Church.
(c) Greenburg Hill Baptist Church.
(d) High Hill Baptist Church.
9. When did the state and federal elections of the late 1860's take place?
10. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
11. Where did Frances Bosket move to at the start of Part II, Chapter 5?
12. When was the man hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) November 27, 1908.
(b) March 27, 1908.
(c) November 27, 1909.
(d) March 27, 1909.
13. When was Willie Bosket born?
(a) December 1963.
(b) December 1961.
(c) December 1962.
(d) December 1965.
14. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
(a) Inter-racial children.
(b) Creation of a slave union.
(c) Economical collapse.
15. When did Aaron marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
2. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
3. Why did slavery add to the culture of violence?
4. What was the name of the wrestling the settlers of the county often engaged in?
5. Who was hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)