|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
(a) Mount Solidarity.
(b) Mount Simple.
(c) Mount Confederate.
(d) Mount Willing.
2. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
3. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
(a) It was the name of the first master he could recall.
(b) It was the name of his kindest master.
(c) He liked the name.
(d) The name was an approximate translation of his African name.
4. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Former slaves.
(d) Free elections.
5. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
6. Where did Marie go after leaving Willie James with Frances?
(d) New York.
7. Why did the blacks of the early 20th century stop paying much attention to the difference between law and lawlessness according to Butterfield?
(a) They were poorly educated.
(b) They didn't have any hope for a better future.
(c) They were not included in the economic boom.
(d) The justice system was abused by the whites.
8. What was the nickname of the county?
(a) Bloody Edgefield.
(b) Bloody Lowfield.
(c) Bloody Highfield.
(d) Bloody Boldfield.
9. Who did James become enamored with?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A farm hand.
(d) A cook.
10. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
(a) Thy land.
11. What was Willie James' nickname?
12. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
13. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
14. When were the people numbed toward violence?
(a) From 1760 to 1780.
(b) From1760 to 1790.
(c) From1750 to 1780.
(d) From1770 to 1790.
15. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) June 21, 1865.
(b) June 21, 1866.
(c) March 21, 1865.
(d) March 21, 1866
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Willie James become part of a gang?
2. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
3. How old was Pud in 1910?
4. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
5. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)