|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Willie get a job as laborer?
2. What was Butch's sentence for robbing the liquor store?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
3. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
4. Under what president did Pickens become the minister to St Petersburg?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) President Buchanan.
(c) President Pierce.
(d) President Taylor.
5. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
(a) The richest people in America.
(b) The laziest men in America.
(c) The most hated men in America.
(d) The best farmers in America.
6. Where did Marie go after leaving Willie James with Frances?
(c) New York.
7. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
(a) Morgan Bosket.
(b) Robert Bosket.
(c) Aaron Bosket.
(d) Lusius Bosket.
8. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
(a) Greenburg Hill Baptist Church.
(b) Edgefield Hill Baptist Church.
(c) High Hill Baptist Church.
(d) Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
9. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
(a) March 1867.
(b) March 1869.
(c) March 1868.
(d) March 1866.
10. When did Frances and James move to a little wooden house near an eatery?
11. Who did Aaron marry after his first separation?
(a) Lucyl Mobley Pou.
(b) Tilda Mobley Pou.
(c) Sophia Mobley Pou.
(d) Marie Mobley Pou.
12. When was Butch released from Bellevue?
13. Who did Aaron marry?
14. What did the whites, who feared the newly freed slaves, start in South Carolina?
(a) Guerrilla war against blacks.
(b) Plans to import Chinese workers.
(c) Selling off their properties.
(d) A series of lawsuits.
15. Who did Butch try to sell the pictures to that he stole from the lab where he worked?
(a) To a magazine.
(b) To a trucker.
(c) A pawnshop.
(d) To a Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the man hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
3. When did Frances Bosket leave South Carolina?
4. What did Butch establish himself as where he was first institutionalized?
5. What special school was Butch sent to?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)