|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Butch's IQ?
2. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
(a) Mount Confederate.
(b) Mount Willing.
(c) Mount Simple.
(d) Mount Solidarity.
3. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
(a) Having fun.
4. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
5. How old was Pud in 1910?
6. Where did Marie go after leaving Willie James with Frances?
(a) New York.
7. Why did the price of the crops in South Carolina fall in the late 1890's?
(a) Mexico started to export to the United States.
(b) Texas had better crops.
(c) South Carolina joined the economy.
(d) California started its agricultural program.
8. Who was Marie's second husband according to Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) James Jackson.
(b) Arthur Jackson.
(c) Aaron Jackson.
(d) Robert Jackson.
9. How many seats of the legislature did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
(a) 116 out of 156.
(b) 106 out of 156.
(c) 126 out of 156.
(d) 96 out of 156.
10. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
(a) March 1867.
(b) March 1869.
(c) March 1866.
(d) March 1868.
11. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
(d) Thy land.
12. When was the man hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) March 27, 1909.
(b) November 27, 1909.
(c) March 27, 1908.
(d) November 27, 1908.
13. Who was hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) John Herrin.
(b) William Herrin.
(c) Markus Herrin.
(d) Robert Herrin.
14. How many blacks were lynched in 1898?
15. What was Butch finally diagnosed as at Bellevue Hospital?
(c) Anti-social personality disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Aaron marry?
2. What was Butch convicted of?
3. Who was elected in the elections of 1876?
4. What was Butch's sentence for robbing the liquor store?
5. Who did Butch try to sell the pictures to that he stole from the lab where he worked?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)