|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
(b) Alfred Dearing.
(c) Marcus Roberts.
(d) Frederik Samuelson.
2. What did the whites call the trouble-making black youth of the start of the 20th century?
(a) "The Old Slave."
(b) "The New Negro."
(c) "The New Slave."
(d) "The New Trouble."
3. When did Willie James become part of a gang?
(a) At 8.
(b) At 6.
(c) At 12.
(d) At 9.
4. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
(b) Inter-racial children.
(c) Creation of a slave union.
(d) Economical collapse.
5. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
6. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
7. Why did the price of the crops in South Carolina fall in the late 1890's?
(a) Texas had better crops.
(b) South Carolina joined the economy.
(c) Mexico started to export to the United States.
(d) California started its agricultural program.
8. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
9. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
(a) Robert Bosket.
(b) Lusius Bosket.
(c) Morgan Bosket.
(d) Aaron Bosket.
10. How many seats of the legislature did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
(a) 116 out of 156.
(b) 126 out of 156.
(c) 96 out of 156.
(d) 106 out of 156.
11. Under what president did Pickens become the minister to St Petersburg?
(a) President Pierce.
(b) President Taylor.
(c) President Buchanan.
(d) President Lincoln.
12. Where did Pud rob two stores in April of 1910?
13. When was James born?
14. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) March 21, 1866
(b) March 21, 1865.
(c) June 21, 1866.
(d) June 21, 1865.
15. When did Willie get a job as laborer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did James start carrying a knife?
2. What was the name of the slave Thomas Bauskett gave his son?
3. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
4. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. Who was Marie's second husband according to Part II, Chapter 6?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)