|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marie ask the court for?
(a) For James to lose his paternal rights.
(b) Financial support from James.
(c) A divorce from James.
(d) A restraining order against James.
2. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
(a) Old blood feuds between families and clans.
(b) The availability of guns.
(c) The absence of organized government.
(d) Poor economic conditions.
3. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
4. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
5. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
6. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
(a) Creation of a slave union.
(b) Economical collapse.
(d) Inter-racial children.
7. Who was elected in the elections of 1876?
(a) Black Republicans.
(b) Black Democrats.
(c) White Republicans.
(d) White Democrats.
8. Why did Butch leave the second institution?
(a) The school closed.
(b) He was expelled.
(c) His father took him away.
(d) He fled.
9. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
10. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
11. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) June 21, 1866.
(b) June 21, 1865.
(c) March 21, 1866
(d) March 21, 1865.
12. How many elective offices did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
(a) 4 out of 10.
(b) 4 out of 9.
(c) 5 out of 8.
(d) 4 out of 8.
13. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
14. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
(a) His freedom.
(b) His right to win land.
(c) His horse.
(d) His right to vote.
15. Who was Marie's second husband according to Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) Robert Jackson.
(b) Arthur Jackson.
(c) James Jackson.
(d) Aaron Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
2. What type of contract did Aaron have to sign to get work?
3. What was Butch first diagnosed as at Bellevue Hospital?
4. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
5. How old was Pud in 1910?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)