|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
(a) Sophia Vaughn.
(b) Erika Vaughn.
(c) Maria Vaughn.
(d) Carolina Vaughn.
2. What did Willie James do after he started to attend school?
(a) He skipped school.
(b) He starting spending time in the library.
(c) He started taking one on one lessons.
(d) He started teaching.
3. What did Butch establish himself as where he was first institutionalized?
(a) The loving boy.
(b) The shy boy.
(c) The underdog.
(d) The most violent of the boys.
4. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
(a) The best farmers in America.
(b) The laziest men in America.
(c) The most hated men in America.
(d) The richest people in America.
5. What was Butch's IQ?
6. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Free elections.
(c) Former slaves.
7. How old was Pud in 1910?
8. Who did James become enamored with?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A cook.
(c) A farm hand.
(d) A nurse.
9. When did Pud die?
10. Who broke through Butch's anger?
(a) Miss Kim.
(b) Miss Jones.
(c) Miss Lily.
(d) Miss Kramer.
11. What happened in the late 1860's?
(a) Blacks were given land.
(b) Former slaves were allowed to vote.
(c) A series of revolts rocked the plantations.
(d) Whites were expelled from their plantations.
12. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
(a) March 1866.
(b) March 1868.
(c) March 1867.
(d) March 1869.
13. What was the name of Thomas Bauskett's son according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
(b) Thomas Junior.
14. Where was Butch sent after appearing in children's court?
(a) The Children's Center in Harlem.
(b) The Children's Center in Queens.
(c) The Children's Center in Washington..
(d) The Children's Center in Jersey.
15. Who was hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) John Herrin.
(b) Markus Herrin.
(c) William Herrin.
(d) Robert Herrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What laws were created that was the basis for segregation?
2. Why did Butch leave the second institution?
3. Why did James start carrying a knife?
4. What was Butch first diagnosed as at Bellevue Hospital?
5. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)