|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
2. Who was elected in the elections of 1876?
(a) Black Republicans.
(b) White Democrats.
(c) White Republicans.
(d) Black Democrats.
3. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
(a) A writer.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A plantation owner.
4. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
5. Where was Butch sent after appearing in children's court?
(a) The Children's Center in Harlem.
(b) The Children's Center in Queens.
(c) The Children's Center in Washington..
(d) The Children's Center in Jersey.
6. What was Willie James' nickname?
7. Who was hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) William Herrin.
(b) John Herrin.
(c) Robert Herrin.
(d) Markus Herrin.
8. When was Willie Bosket born?
(a) December 1961.
(b) December 1963.
(c) December 1962.
(d) December 1965.
9. When were the people numbed toward violence?
(a) From 1760 to 1780.
(b) From1750 to 1780.
(c) From1770 to 1790.
(d) From1760 to 1790.
10. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
(b) Inter-racial children.
(c) Creation of a slave union.
(d) Economical collapse.
11. What did Marie ask the court for?
(a) For James to lose his paternal rights.
(b) Financial support from James.
(c) A divorce from James.
(d) A restraining order against James.
12. What was the nickname of the county?
(a) Bloody Edgefield.
(b) Bloody Lowfield.
(c) Bloody Highfield.
(d) Bloody Boldfield.
13. Where did Butch move with his pregnant wife?
(d) New York.
14. Who broke through Butch's anger?
(a) Miss Jones.
(b) Miss Kramer.
(c) Miss Kim.
(d) Miss Lily.
15. Who did James become enamored with?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A cook.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A farm hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
2. When did Willie get a job as laborer?
3. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
4. Where did Pud rob two stores in April of 1910?
5. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)