|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
2. What did the whites of South Carolina fear?
(a) That the newly freed slaves would enslave them.
(b) That there was no mechanism to control African Americans.
(c) That there was no longer any profit in farming.
(d) That the newly freed slaves would leave the state.
3. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
4. Where was Butch sent after appearing in children's court?
(a) The Children's Center in Harlem.
(b) The Children's Center in Jersey.
(c) The Children's Center in Washington..
(d) The Children's Center in Queens.
5. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
6. Why did James start carrying a knife?
(a) For self-defense.
(b) He used it to carve wood.
(c) He wanted to protect his mom.
(d) He wanted to be a "bad man" like his father.
7. When was James born?
8. Who broke through Butch's anger?
(a) Miss Kramer.
(b) Miss Kim.
(c) Miss Lily.
(d) Miss Jones.
9. Where did Butch move with his pregnant wife?
(a) New York.
10. How old was Pud in 1910?
11. What type of territory was the county according to Butterfield?
12. What did young blacks use in place of "honor"?
13. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
(a) The whip.
(b) The fork.
(c) The gun.
(d) The cane.
14. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
(a) Mount Simple.
(b) Mount Willing.
(c) Mount Confederate.
(d) Mount Solidarity.
15. How long after the robbery was Pud arrested?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 12 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Willie get a job as laborer?
2. What was the nickname of the county?
3. Why had the hanged man killled his boss at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. Where did Marie go after leaving Willie James with Frances?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)