|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nickname of the county?
(a) Bloody Edgefield.
(b) Bloody Highfield.
(c) Bloody Boldfield.
(d) Bloody Lowfield.
2. Where did Pud rob two stores in April of 1910?
3. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
(a) Erika Vaughn.
(b) Carolina Vaughn.
(c) Sophia Vaughn.
(d) Maria Vaughn.
4. When was Butch placed on parole?
5. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
(a) The availability of guns.
(b) The absence of organized government.
(c) Poor economic conditions.
(d) Old blood feuds between families and clans.
6. What did young blacks use in place of "honor"?
7. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
(a) The economic downturn.
(b) Drinking and lack of jobs.
(c) Firearms and economic downturn.
(d) Drinking and firearms.
8. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
9. When was Willie James born?
(a) March 6, 1941.
(b) March 6, 1943.
(c) March 6, 1942.
(d) March 6, 1940.
10. What was the name of Thomas Bauskett's son according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
(b) Thomas Junior.
11. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
(a) Captain Butler's father.
(b) Captain Butler's son.
(c) Captain Butler's daughter.
(d) Captain Butler's brother.
12. Who did Aaron marry?
13. What was the name of the wrestling the settlers of the county often engaged in?
14. When was James born?
15. What did the whites call the trouble-making black youth of the start of the 20th century?
(a) "The Old Slave."
(b) "The New Trouble."
(c) "The New Negro."
(d) "The New Slave."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did James start carrying a knife?
2. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
3. What was Butch first diagnosed as at Bellevue Hospital?
4. Where did Frances Bosket move to at the start of Part II, Chapter 5?
5. When were the people numbed toward violence?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)