|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people back away from James?
(a) He wore a gang tatoo.
(b) He was a Bosket.
(c) He was an African American.
(d) He had a knife.
2. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
3. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
4. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
(a) The bloody plan.
(b) Plan R.
(c) The Lee plan.
(d) The Edgefield Plan.
5. Who did Aaron marry after his first separation?
(a) Lucyl Mobley Pou.
(b) Sophia Mobley Pou.
(c) Tilda Mobley Pou.
(d) Marie Mobley Pou.
6. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
7. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
8. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
(a) Aaron Bosket.
(b) Robert Bosket.
(c) Morgan Bosket.
(d) Lusius Bosket.
9. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
(a) The most hated men in America.
(b) The richest people in America.
(c) The best farmers in America.
(d) The laziest men in America.
10. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
(d) Having fun.
11. When did Butch's trial start?
(a) March 26, 1963.
(b) March 26, 1965.
(c) February 26, 1963.
(d) February 26, 1965.
12. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
(a) Thy land.
13. Why did slavery add to the culture of violence?
(a) Violence was all they knew.
(b) Psychological help for the slave was non-existant.
(c) Violence was needed to enforce bondage.
(d) Slaves were not paid.
14. When was Butch released from Bellevue?
15. What did Marie ask the court for?
(a) Financial support from James.
(b) A divorce from James.
(c) A restraining order against James.
(d) For James to lose his paternal rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Marie go after leaving Willie James with Frances?
2. When was James Bosket drafted into the army?
3. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
4. What did the whites, who feared the newly freed slaves, start in South Carolina?
5. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)