|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapter 14, Willie, Counsel for the Defense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of contract did Aaron have to sign to get work?
(a) A sharecropping labor contract.
(b) A slave contract.
(c) A free worker contract.
(d) A farmhand contract.
2. How many seats of the legislature did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
(a) 116 out of 156.
(b) 106 out of 156.
(c) 96 out of 156.
(d) 126 out of 156.
3. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
4. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
(a) His right to vote.
(b) His freedom.
(c) His horse.
(d) His right to win land.
5. Why was Michael Schoenfield in prison?
(a) Drug distribution.
(b) Refusing to be drafted.
(c) Marijuana possesion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
2. Who did Butch try to sell the pictures to that he stole from the lab where he worked?
3. When did Butch escape next from the mental hospital?
4. When was Butch released from Bellevue?
5. When did Frances Bosket leave South Carolina?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)