|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 10, Willie, The Boy No One Could Help, Chapter 11, Willie, The Baby-Face Killer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
2. When were the people numbed toward violence?
(a) From1770 to 1790.
(b) From1750 to 1780.
(c) From1760 to 1790.
(d) From 1760 to 1780.
3. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Free elections.
(c) Former slaves.
4. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
(a) Sophia Vaughn.
(b) Maria Vaughn.
(c) Carolina Vaughn.
(d) Erika Vaughn.
5. What did the whites of South Carolina fear?
(a) That the newly freed slaves would leave the state.
(b) That there was no mechanism to control African Americans.
(c) That the newly freed slaves would enslave them.
(d) That there was no longer any profit in farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. Who did Willie kill on a train?
3. Where did Marie go after leaving Willie James with Frances?
4. What did Willie channel his energy into?
5. What did Tom Pottenburgh do that led to a riot?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)