|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 6, Butch, The Promised Land, Chapter 7, Butch, The Pawnshop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was James when he started laboring?
2. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
3. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
(a) The richest people in America.
(b) The laziest men in America.
(c) The best farmers in America.
(d) The most hated men in America.
4. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
(a) The fork.
(b) The cane.
(c) The gun.
(d) The whip.
5. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) New York.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Butch sent after appearing in children's court?
2. Why did James start carrying a knife?
3. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
4. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
5. Where did Willie James and his other grandmother, Cora Mae Jones, go when he was 8?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)