|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 6, Butch, The Promised Land, Chapter 7, Butch, The Pawnshop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the price of the crops in South Carolina fall in the late 1890's?
(a) South Carolina joined the economy.
(b) California started its agricultural program.
(c) Mexico started to export to the United States.
(d) Texas had better crops.
2. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
(a) Captain Butler's father.
(b) Captain Butler's brother.
(c) Captain Butler's daughter.
(d) Captain Butler's son.
3. What origin were the settlers of the county?
4. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
(d) Having fun.
5. What was the nickname of the county?
(a) Bloody Lowfield.
(b) Bloody Edgefield.
(c) Bloody Boldfield.
(d) Bloody Highfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did young blacks use in place of "honor"?
2. What was Butch first diagnosed as at Bellevue Hospital?
3. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
4. Where did Pud rob two stores in April of 1910?
5. How many more murders than Massachusetts did the county have up until the 1930's?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)