|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 6, Butch, The Promised Land, Chapter 7, Butch, The Pawnshop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Aaron marry?
2. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
(a) March 1868.
(b) March 1869.
(c) March 1866.
(d) March 1867.
3. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) June 21, 1866.
(b) June 21, 1865.
(c) March 21, 1865.
(d) March 21, 1866
4. Who did Aaron marry after his first separation?
(a) Lucyl Mobley Pou.
(b) Tilda Mobley Pou.
(c) Sophia Mobley Pou.
(d) Marie Mobley Pou.
5. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
(a) Captain Butler's brother.
(b) Captain Butler's father.
(c) Captain Butler's son.
(d) Captain Butler's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many elective offices did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
2. What type of contract did Aaron have to sign to get work?
3. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
4. Why did the crime rate increase in 1903 according to W.E.B. DuBois?
5. What did the whites plan to prevent the African Americans from voting culminate in?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)