|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, James and Butch, Coming Up in the Terry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Frances Bosket leave South Carolina?
2. Why had the hanged man killled his boss at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His boss cheated him of his wages.
(b) His boss fired him.
(c) His boss stole his horse.
(d) His boss killed his horse.
3. Why did the crime rate increase in 1903 according to W.E.B. DuBois?
(a) The police made up crimes to boost the statistics.
(b) A better record keeping system was put in place.
(c) Whites didn't report crimes by whites.
(d) Whites created a police system to deal with blacks alone.
4. What was the name of the wrestling the settlers of the county often engaged in?
5. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
(a) Greenburg Hill Baptist Church.
(b) Edgefield Hill Baptist Church.
(c) High Hill Baptist Church.
(d) Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
2. How many seats of the legislature did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
3. When was Pickens elected to Congress?
4. What did the whites plan to prevent the African Americans from voting culminate in?
5. Where did Frances Bosket move to at the start of Part II, Chapter 5?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)