|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, James and Butch, Coming Up in the Terry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people back away from James?
(a) He was a Bosket.
(b) He was an African American.
(c) He had a knife.
(d) He wore a gang tatoo.
2. How many more murders than Massachusetts did the county have up until the 1930's?
(a) 4 times.
(b) 12 times.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 5 times.
3. What did the whites plan to prevent the African Americans from voting culminate in?
(a) The Riverdale Massacre.
(b) The Market Massacre.
(c) The Edgefield Massacre.
(d) The Hamburg Massacre.
4. What did the whites call the trouble-making black youth of the start of the 20th century?
(a) "The Old Slave."
(b) "The New Negro."
(c) "The New Trouble."
(d) "The New Slave."
5. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
(a) Sophia Vaughn.
(b) Carolina Vaughn.
(c) Erika Vaughn.
(d) Maria Vaughn.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. Why did the blacks of the early 20th century stop paying much attention to the difference between law and lawlessness according to Butterfield?
3. What type of territory was the county according to Butterfield?
4. When did Willie James become part of a gang?
5. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)