|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, James and Butch, Coming Up in the Terry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
2. How many seats of the legislature did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
(a) 106 out of 156.
(b) 126 out of 156.
(c) 96 out of 156.
(d) 116 out of 156.
3. Under what president did Pickens become the minister to St Petersburg?
(a) President Taylor.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) President Pierce.
(d) President Buchanan.
4. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
(a) The name was an approximate translation of his African name.
(b) It was the name of the first master he could recall.
(c) It was the name of his kindest master.
(d) He liked the name.
5. How many more murders than Massachusetts did the county have up until the 1930's?
(a) 4 times.
(b) 2 times.
(c) 12 times.
(d) 5 times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many congressional seats did African Americans take in South Carolina in the early 1870's?
2. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. What type of territory was the county according to Butterfield?
4. Why had the hanged man killled his boss at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)