|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Aaron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
(a) The economic downturn.
(b) Drinking and firearms.
(c) Firearms and economic downturn.
(d) Drinking and lack of jobs.
2. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
(a) The name was an approximate translation of his African name.
(b) He liked the name.
(c) It was the name of the first master he could recall.
(d) It was the name of his kindest master.
3. What origin were the settlers of the county?
4. When did the state and federal elections of the late 1860's take place?
5. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
(a) The most hated men in America.
(b) The best farmers in America.
(c) The richest people in America.
(d) The laziest men in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
2. What happened in the late 1860's?
3. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
4. What did the whites, who feared the newly freed slaves, start in South Carolina?
5. When did Aaron marry?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)