|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Aaron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
(a) The name was an approximate translation of his African name.
(b) He liked the name.
(c) It was the name of his kindest master.
(d) It was the name of the first master he could recall.
2. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
(b) Inter-racial children.
(c) Economical collapse.
(d) Creation of a slave union.
3. What did the whites of South Carolina fear?
(a) That there was no longer any profit in farming.
(b) That the newly freed slaves would enslave them.
(c) That there was no mechanism to control African Americans.
(d) That the newly freed slaves would leave the state.
4. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
(b) Thy land.
5. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
(a) Frederik Samuelson.
(c) Marcus Roberts.
(d) Alfred Dearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
3. How many elective offices did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
4. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
5. How many congressional seats did African Americans take in South Carolina in the early 1870's?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)