|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Aaron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
(a) The name was an approximate translation of his African name.
(b) It was the name of the first master he could recall.
(c) He liked the name.
(d) It was the name of his kindest master.
2. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
3. What happened in the late 1860's?
(a) Whites were expelled from their plantations.
(b) A series of revolts rocked the plantations.
(c) Former slaves were allowed to vote.
(d) Blacks were given land.
4. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Boldfield County.
(b) Edgefield County.
(c) Lowfield County.
(d) Highfield County.
5. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
(a) High Hill Baptist Church.
(b) Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
(c) Greenburg Hill Baptist Church.
(d) Edgefield Hill Baptist Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what president did Pickens become the minister to St Petersburg?
2. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
3. How many seats of the legislature did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
4. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
5. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)