|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Aaron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
(a) He liked the name.
(b) It was the name of the first master he could recall.
(c) It was the name of his kindest master.
(d) The name was an approximate translation of his African name.
2. What was the nickname of the county?
(a) Bloody Lowfield.
(b) Bloody Edgefield.
(c) Bloody Highfield.
(d) Bloody Boldfield.
3. What origin were the settlers of the county?
4. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
(a) The Lee plan.
(b) Plan R.
(c) The bloody plan.
(d) The Edgefield Plan.
5. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
2. When were the people numbed toward violence?
3. What did the whites, who feared the newly freed slaves, start in South Carolina?
4. What did Aaron lose because of the 1876 election?
5. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)