|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 2, Masters and Slaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
(a) Mount Confederate.
(b) Mount Willing.
(c) Mount Solidarity.
(d) Mount Simple.
2. What did Pickens see South Carolina as having the power and right to do?
(a) Make its own moral code.
(b) Use slaves as cattle.
(c) Secede from the Union.
(d) Nullify federal laws.
3. When did Thomas Bauskett buy his son a slave?
4. Why did slavery add to the culture of violence?
(a) Psychological help for the slave was non-existant.
(b) Violence was needed to enforce bondage.
(c) Violence was all they knew.
(d) Slaves were not paid.
5. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
2. When were the people numbed toward violence?
3. Who chased down a Major in a horse race?
4. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
5. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)