|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 2, Masters and Slaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
2. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
3. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
4. What is an integral part of the history of the county according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) Free elections.
(d) Former slaves.
5. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
(b) Frederik Samuelson.
(c) Alfred Dearing.
(d) Marcus Roberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the people numbed toward violence?
2. What happened in the late 1860's?
3. Why did slavery add to the culture of violence?
4. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
5. When did Thomas Bauskett buy his son a slave?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)