|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 2, Masters and Slaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
(a) The richest people in America.
(b) The best farmers in America.
(c) The most hated men in America.
(d) The laziest men in America.
2. What was the nickname of the county?
(a) Bloody Edgefield.
(b) Bloody Boldfield.
(c) Bloody Highfield.
(d) Bloody Lowfield.
3. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
4. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
(a) Erika Vaughn.
(b) Carolina Vaughn.
(c) Maria Vaughn.
(d) Sophia Vaughn.
5. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
(a) It was the name of the first master he could recall.
(b) He liked the name.
(c) The name was an approximate translation of his African name.
(d) It was the name of his kindest master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pickens see South Carolina as having the power and right to do?
2. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
3. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
4. What county was the most violent of the United States according to Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. Why did slavery add to the culture of violence?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)