|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 2, Masters and Slaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
(a) The best farmers in America.
(b) The richest people in America.
(c) The most hated men in America.
(d) The laziest men in America.
2. What was the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather?
(a) Lusius Bosket.
(b) Robert Bosket.
(c) Aaron Bosket.
(d) Morgan Bosket.
3. Under what president did Pickens become the minister to St Petersburg?
(a) President Pierce.
(b) President Buchanan.
(c) President Taylor.
(d) President Lincoln.
4. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
(a) A plantation owner.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A writer.
5. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mount were many slaves kept at for over a century?
2. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
3. What type of territory was the county according to Butterfield?
4. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
5. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)