|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 2, Masters and Slaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Pickens elected governor of South Carolina?
2. Why did the young slave Thomas Bauskett offered his son take the name of Bauskett?
(a) The name was an approximate translation of his African name.
(b) It was the name of his kindest master.
(c) It was the name of the first master he could recall.
(d) He liked the name.
3. What helped create the climate of general violence in the country?
(a) Drinking and firearms.
(b) The economic downturn.
(c) Drinking and lack of jobs.
(d) Firearms and economic downturn.
4. What was the name of the slave Thomas Bauskett gave his son?
5. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
(a) Marcus Roberts.
(b) Alfred Dearing.
(d) Frederik Samuelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
2. Under what president did Pickens become the minister to St Petersburg?
3. Where did the violence in the county originate from according to Butterfield?
4. When did the name of Willie Bosket's great, great grandfather appear on the voter registration list?
5. Why did slavery add to the culture of violence?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)