|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapter 14, Willie, Counsel for the Defense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Butch's IQ?
2. What did the whites of South Carolina fear?
(a) That the newly freed slaves would enslave them.
(b) That there was no longer any profit in farming.
(c) That the newly freed slaves would leave the state.
(d) That there was no mechanism to control African Americans.
3. Who did Willie kill on a train?
(a) Ricardo Perez.
(b) Noel Perez.
(c) Markus Perez.
(d) Pedro Perez.
4. What was the rule since the law was not trusted?
(b) Having fun.
5. How many congressional seats did African Americans take in South Carolina in the early 1870's?
(a) 3 out of 5.
(b) 2 out of 5.
(c) 4 out of 5.
(d) 5 out of 5.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
2. How long after escaping was Butch captured?
3. What was Butch's sentence for robbing the liquor store?
4. What did the whites, who feared the newly freed slaves, start in South Carolina?
5. What was Willie's nick-name according to Part III, Chapter 8?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)