|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 4, Pud, Don't Step on My Reputation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many congressional seats did African Americans take in South Carolina in the early 1870's?
(a) 3 out of 5.
(b) 5 out of 5.
(c) 2 out of 5.
(d) 4 out of 5.
2. Why did the crime rate increase in 1903 according to W.E.B. DuBois?
(a) The police made up crimes to boost the statistics.
(b) Whites created a police system to deal with blacks alone.
(c) A better record keeping system was put in place.
(d) Whites didn't report crimes by whites.
3. Who did the slave marry that Thomas gave to his son?
(a) Carolina Vaughn.
(b) Erika Vaughn.
(c) Maria Vaughn.
(d) Sophia Vaughn.
4. What was the nickname of the county?
(a) Bloody Highfield.
(b) Bloody Boldfield.
(c) Bloody Lowfield.
(d) Bloody Edgefield.
5. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
(a) Edgefield Hill Baptist Church.
(b) High Hill Baptist Church.
(c) Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
(d) Greenburg Hill Baptist Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Pickens sell his slaves to?
2. When was the man hung at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
4. How many elective offices did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
5. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)