|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 4, Pud, Don't Step on My Reputation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
(a) A plantation owner.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A writer.
2. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
(a) Three whites and four African Americans.
(b) One white and four African Americans.
(c) Two whites and four African Americans.
(d) One white and three African Americans.
3. What type of territory was the county according to Butterfield?
4. What was the name of the Major being chased down in a race?
5. Why had the hanged man killled his boss at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His boss stole his horse.
(b) His boss cheated him of his wages.
(c) His boss killed his horse.
(d) His boss fired him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves did Bauskett own?
2. What did young blacks use in place of "honor"?
3. When did Pud marry Frances Smith?
4. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
5. What was Pud sentenced to for the robberies he committed?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)