|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 4, Pud, Don't Step on My Reputation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
(a) The fork.
(b) The cane.
(c) The gun.
(d) The whip.
2. How many slaves did Pickens own at the time he purchased the Bauskett's slaves?
3. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
4. What does Butterfield say was everything for the settlers of the county?
(a) Thy land.
5. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the people of Edgefield vote for in the first election allowing freed men to vote?
2. Why did the price of the crops in South Carolina fall in the late 1890's?
3. In what state does Fox Butterfield recount some of the crimes in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. When were the people numbed toward violence?
5. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)