|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 8, Willie, Bad Little Booby, Chapter 9, Willie, Little Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what president did Pickens become the minister to St Petersburg?
(a) President Taylor.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) President Pierce.
(d) President Buchanan.
2. What social interaction did Willie prefer?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Having a small group of friends.
(c) Having one friend.
(d) Being the life of the party.
3. What did the whites of South Carolina become, thanks to the slave trade?
(a) The best farmers in America.
(b) The laziest men in America.
(c) The richest people in America.
(d) The most hated men in America.
4. What facility was Willie first confined in?
5. When was the first daughter of the slave born that Thomas gave his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pud take from a white farmer as he was threatened with punishment?
2. What did a high number of slaves in South Carolina increase the risk of?
3. What was Pud sentenced to for the robberies he committed?
4. How many seats of the legislature did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
5. What did Laura tell Willie about his father?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)