|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 8, Willie, Bad Little Booby, Chapter 9, Willie, Little Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the blacks of the early 20th century stop paying much attention to the difference between law and lawlessness according to Butterfield?
(a) They were not included in the economic boom.
(b) They didn't have any hope for a better future.
(c) They were poorly educated.
(d) The justice system was abused by the whites.
2. What did Willie channel his energy into?
(b) Acts of violence and petty crimes.
(c) Helping others.
3. What was Willie's nick-name according to Part III, Chapter 8?
4. How many blacks were lynched in 1898?
5. What was the name of Thomas Bauskett's son according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Thomas Junior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Marie's second husband according to Part II, Chapter 6?
2. What teacher did Willie grow fond of?
3. When did Thomas Bauskett's son decide to sell his slaves and plantations?
4. What did the son of Thomas Bauskett become?
5. Who did Willie grow close to, even calling her Mom?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)