|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapter 12, Butch, The Prisoner and the Scholar, Chapter 13, Butch and Willie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Butch leave the second institution?
(a) He was expelled.
(b) His father took him away.
(c) The school closed.
(d) He fled.
2. When did Butch go back to Waupun?
3. When was Butch paroled?
4. How old was Willie when he escaped Goshen?
5. How many seats of the legislature did African Americans take in the early 1870's?
(a) 116 out of 156.
(b) 126 out of 156.
(c) 106 out of 156.
(d) 96 out of 156.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the whites name their plan to prevent African Americans from voting?
2. In what church did Aaron become a deacon?
3. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
4. Where did Butch move with his pregnant wife?
5. When did the state and federal elections of the late 1860's take place?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)