|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapter 12, Butch, The Prisoner and the Scholar, Chapter 13, Butch and Willie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Edgefield conquered by the Union Army according to Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) June 21, 1865.
(b) June 21, 1866.
(c) March 21, 1865.
(d) March 21, 1866
2. What did the whites of South Carolina fear?
(a) That there was no mechanism to control African Americans.
(b) That the newly freed slaves would leave the state.
(c) That there was no longer any profit in farming.
(d) That the newly freed slaves would enslave them.
3. When was Butch placed on parole?
4. When was Butch paroled?
5. When were southern states forced to give freed men the right to vote?
(a) March 1867.
(b) March 1868.
(c) March 1866.
(d) March 1869.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Aaron marry?
2. How many congressional seats did African Americans take in South Carolina in the early 1870's?
3. Who was elected in the elections of 1876?
4. When did Butch rob a liquor store?
5. Who did Butch try to sell the pictures to that he stole from the lab where he worked?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)